From: <dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com>
To: <dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com>
Subject: [DML] Digest Number 2030
Date: Saturday, May 22, 2004 2:36 AM

1. RE: Re: The tow dolly follow-up
From: Travis Goodwin <tgoodwin_at_dml_vantagep.com>

2. Re: A thank you to Phil Priestley & JZD
From: Phil Priestley <phil_at_dml_alessandros120.com>

3. RE: Northeast Exotic Car Show 2004
From: Marc Levy <malevy_nj_at_dml_yahoo.com>

4. Re: Stainless Door Sill Covers?
From: Marc Levy <malevy_nj_at_dml_yahoo.com>

5. Re: Northeast Exotic Car Show 2004
From: "Hank" <henry_at_dml_ix.netcom.com>

6. Re: Re: Smart Car DMC?
From: "Brian McCool" <bjmccool_at_dml_comcast.net>

7. Huey Lewis
From: "Brian McCool" <bjmccool_at_dml_comcast.net>

8. Re: Northeast Exotic Car Show 2004
From: "Jeff Torrey\\" <jefftorrey_at_dml_Comcast.net>

9. Re: Northeast Exotic Car Show 2004
From: "Jeff Torrey\\" <jefftorrey_at_dml_Comcast.net>

10. AW: Smart Car
From: "Elvis Nocita" <elvisnocita_at_dml_gmx.de>

11. AC system and temp sensor both drop dead at the same time?
From: "graves_144" <graves_14_at_dml_hotmail.com>

12. Re: Fw: First Outing With My DeLorean-STRANDED
From: "Harold McElraft" <hmcelraft_at_dml_aol.com>

13. Re: Fw: First Outing With My DeLorean-STRANDED
From: "David Teitelbaum" <jtrealty_at_dml_webspan.net>

14. Re: The tow dolly follow-up
From: "content22207" <brobertson_at_dml_carolina.net>

Message: 1
Date: Fri, 21 May 2004 13:53:01 -0400
From: Travis Goodwin <tgoodwin_at_dml_vantagep.com>
Subject: RE: Re: The tow dolly follow-up

I'm talking about towing it to PF and back. A five day affair.

If I rent a car trailer, I need a bigger truck, which is another $50 a day.
I consulted the Mazda folks and they agree the truck can handle it as long
as I follow the general safety rules for towing (lots of rooms, don't lock
up the brakes, etc). They evern had a dolly I could use free of charge when
I need it.

My original question had to do with wear on the differential when towing.
Dave Swingle has since informed me that it's half submersed at all times and
does not rely on the tranny to sling lube into it. If it wasn't, I was gonna
disconnect from the differential and allow the wheels to spin free.

Date: Fri, 21 May 2004 11:36:06 -0700
From: Phil Priestley <phil_at_dml_alessandros120.com>
Subject: Re: A thank you to Phil Priestley & JZD

You're Welcome.
The thanks belongs to JZD for gratiously responding to our requests.
The signed 8x10 of my car sure looks nice in my office.
Phil Priestley
Alessandros 120
http://alessandros120.com/
(503)370-9951

Date: Fri, 21 May 2004 12:21:58 -0700 (PDT)
From: Marc Levy <malevy_nj_at_dml_yahoo.com>
Subject: RE: Northeast Exotic Car Show 2004

Did I miss it??  What is the Day of this event?

--- Michael M <kenshin_at_dml_otaku-wired.net> wrote:
> I will be there in person, but I doubt the car will
> make it, have a dent in
> rear panel and need to dye the interior back to
> grey.  I would love to meet
> up with other owners there though.
>
> Mike

Yahoo! Domains  Claim yours for only $14.70/year

Date: Fri, 21 May 2004 12:18:36 -0700 (PDT)
From: Marc Levy <malevy_nj_at_dml_yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: Stainless Door Sill Covers?

http://www.pjgrady.com/stainlessmain.asp

Date: Fri, 21 May 2004 15:47:47 -0400
From: "Hank" <henry_at_dml_ix.netcom.com>

> Did I miss it??  What is the Day of this event?

This event is on June 19th - when I assume most of us will be in Pigeon Forge.  Otherwise, I would absolutely be there.  Oh well, perhaps next year.

Date: Fri, 21 May 2004 16:44:36 -0500
From: "Brian McCool" <bjmccool_at_dml_comcast.net>
Subject: Re: Re: Smart Car DMC?

"Smart" is a brand of DaimlerChrysler in Europe, I'm guessing DMC is some
company in California (or somewhere else) that certifies or modifies the car
to be emissions compliant in the U.S.A. although I'm not sure what the
acronym stands for.
Date: Fri, 21 May 2004 17:33:29 -0500
From: "Brian McCool" <bjmccool_at_dml_comcast.net>
Subject: Huey Lewis

Just thought I would give everyone the heads up in the Dallas/Ft. Worth area, Huey Lewis and the News are playing tomorrow night at Billy Bob's in Ft. Worth. I thought Video Bob may want to show up in his Delorean wearing a white radiation suit and Doc Brown wig asking if anyone had seen Huey Lewis. ("Power of Love" video reference, just in case anyone didn't know).
My wife and I got 2 tickets and it starts at 10:30pm.

Date: Fri, 21 May 2004 18:43:32 -0400
From: "Jeff Torrey\\" <jefftorrey_at_dml_Comcast.net>

Hey Dick (LOL). WE got that covered too.

There will be scantly dressed cheerleaders willing to pose with you and your
car for a photo session. Compliments of our crazy secretary Jerry Colpitts.

I love Jerry !

-Jeff

Date: Fri, 21 May 2004 18:49:05 -0400
From: "Jeff Torrey\\" <jefftorrey_at_dml_Comcast.net>

Mike- Screw it, I don't give a rats asp that you rear quarter has a dent in
it. A Delorean by any other name is still a Delorean.

Bring the car anyway. Remember Budweiser will be buying you 2 Beers and we
can shoot the chit whilst everyone looks at the cars.

My 92 Viper won't win any prizes. I drive it way to much.

-Jeff

Date: Sat, 22 May 2004 00:54:50 +0200
From: "Elvis Nocita" <elvisnocita_at_dml_gmx.de>
Subject: AW: Smart Car

No, this is a car made by Mercedes and was designed by
the clock manufacturer SWATCH
It has a 600ccm turbo motor with a full or semi-automatic tranny.

Absolutely no connection to JZD ! I guess that DMC ha something
to do with Daimler-Chrysler ?!?
But they had some funnny stories in the beginning. Nice to drive
ony icy roads - almost impossible !

Elvis

Okay, here's something:

You go to http://www.zapworld.com/smart.htm, you click on "Product
Specifications", and you read the specifications for the Smart Car, a 60mpg
two-seater.

At the bottom you see this statement:

"Smart is manufactured and marketed in Europe by an unaffiliated party and
made US/CA compliant by DMC."

Any relation to JZD or his current company?  The "zapworld" site sheds no
light on the subject.

=====================
Brian Henderlong / Tampa, FL

Date: Fri, 21 May 2004 23:27:29 -0000
From: "graves_144" <graves_14_at_dml_hotmail.com>
Subject: AC system and temp sensor both drop dead at the same time?

Ok, so I'm driving around and want to put on the AC. I turn the mode
switch and nothing happens. No click in the relay compartment and no
cooling fans. Normally the fans will go on with the compressor.

I look through the archives and find some info on diagnosing the
temp sensor. Bypassing it turns on the fans. Apparently that is bad,
so I need to replace that, but how can that be related to the
compressor not going on with AC mode selected? Isn't that bypassed?
I know it is bad because while messing with the car in the driveway
it got above that line where the fans normally kick in. But again,
that should be unrelated...

I have the shop manual, but the darn circuit for the AC doesn't have
the component names listed. Does anyone have that handy? This is
page M:18:19.

Is there a relay for the compressor clutch that could have blown up?
I have the fan fail relay bypassed with the two fuse deal.

Date: Sat, 22 May 2004 01:35:59 -0000
From: "Harold McElraft" <hmcelraft_at_dml_aol.com>
Subject: Re: Fw: First Outing With My DeLorean-STRANDED

This is a symptom of low fluid. Especially cold. Are you sure the
fluid level is ok? one half quart can make all the difference.

Harold McElraft - 3354

--- In dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com, "sweitzel_2000" <sweitzel_at_dml_l...>

Date: Sat, 22 May 2004 02:27:35 -0000
From: "David Teitelbaum" <jtrealty_at_dml_webspan.net>

Whenever you have a problem with the automatic transmission the best
course of action is to go over all the external adjustments. They
include adjusting the line pressure. It could be a sticking vacuum
modulater too. If the fluid was never changed I would replace the
fluid, pan gasket and filter. This allows an internal inspection. You
can see just how much metal and friction materiel has accumulated. The
direct answer to your question is: Yes, low line pressure could be the
cause, but I would also check the filter and the vacuum modulater. The
vacuum modulater is what adjusts and modulates the line pressure in
response to vacuum. If the filter is dirty it would restict the flow
of fluid and cause the pressure to be low too. Check the fluid level
as per the procedure in the Workshop Manual. Don't forget the final
drive level too. It is separate from the trans in the automatic. While
you are at it check the hoses at each end of the pipe that connects
the vacuum to the modulater. If they are hard, kinked, cracked, or
just disconnected replace them so the modulater gets an accurate
vacuum signal.

Date: Sat, 22 May 2004 04:18:37 -0000
From: "content22207" <brobertson_at_dml_carolina.net>
Subject: Re: The tow dolly follow-up

Car is going to be nose high -- final drive will be more than half
submerged.

Watch those wheel straps (only thing holding your car to the dolly).
Criss cross the safety chains. Don't boil your transmission fluid.
Don't back up. Otherwise should be no sweat.