From: <dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com>
To: <dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com>
Subject: [DML] Digest Number 2031
Date: Sunday, May 23, 2004 2:32 AM

1. RE: Huey Lewis
From: "Video Bob" <videobob_at_dml_hotmail.com>

2. AC system and temp sensor both drop dead at the same time?
From: doctorDHD_at_dml_aol.com

3. K-jetronic not connected
From: "Mads de Bruin" <debruin_at_dml_dia.eur.nl>

4. camshaft sprocket support tool for head removal J28858
From: jordan rubin <nuttenschleuder_at_dml_yahoo.com>

5. RE: Northeast Exotic Car Show 2004
From: "Michael M" <kenshin_at_dml_otaku-wired.net>

6. The Christina Ferrare Story?
From: "cruznmd" <racuti1_at_dml_delorean.com>

Message: 1
Date: Sat, 22 May 2004 01:47:45 -0500
From: "Video Bob" <videobob_at_dml_hotmail.com>
Subject: RE: Huey Lewis

Awesome!
Thanks for the heads up!
I will definately BE THERE DUDE!
I am going to take the D-Lo, as well as my minty BTTF album and have him
autograph it.
I will try to get some interviews with him for the PF show and my upcoming
documentery and I
will let you all know how it goes.
- VB

Date: Sat, 22 May 2004 05:50:21 EDT
From: doctorDHD_at_dml_aol.com
Subject: AC system and temp sensor both drop dead at the same time?

A Zilla Schematic would help both you and the Michael J. Fox Foundation.
Your answer is also on page 36 of the Technical Information Manual.  But here's
my answer in reference to M:18:19.

Power flows from fuse 10 to the A/C Mode Switch (6).  I'm not sure if (7) is
the cycling switch or if the cycling switch is really just (8) which is the
low pressure switch. (My schematic does not show (8).)  When the circuit is
complete, ie. all switches closed, power is supplied to the coil of the fan relay
(1) via the diode (10).  Since the A/C is a CCOT, cycling clutch orifice tube,
type the clutch cycles on and off via (7) so the fans should cycle on and off
unless the otterstat circuit which supplies power to the fan relay (1) is on
which would mean it wants to turn the fans on so power will be constant.

By bypassing the otterstat (temp switch) you have proven that the rest of the
cooling fan circuit works, including you fan fail bypass. You may have a bad
otterstat or enough air in the system to prevent the heat in the coolant from
activating the otterstat.

You need to troubleshoot the A/C part of the circuit.  Check for power at
each part in the circuit that controls the coil of the relay (1).  Obviously if
your freon pressure is low that will keep switch (7) open and prevent both the
A/C clutch and the fans from working....So I ask, Does the clutch activate?"

Dave & 6530

Message: 11
Date: Fri, 21 May 2004 23:27:29 -0000
From: "graves_144" <graves_14_at_dml_hotmail.com>

Ok, so I'm driving around and want to put on the AC. I turn the mode
switch and nothing happens. No click in the relay compartment and no
cooling fans. Normally the fans will go on with the compressor.

I look through the archives and find some info on diagnosing the
temp sensor. Bypassing it turns on the fans. Apparently that is bad,
so I need to replace that, but how can that be related to the
compressor not going on with AC mode selected? Isn't that bypassed?
I know it is bad because while messing with the car in the driveway
it got above that line where the fans normally kick in. But again,
that should be unrelated...

I have the shop manual, but the darn circuit for the AC doesn't have
the component names listed. Does anyone have that handy? This is
page M:18:19.

Is there a relay for the compressor clutch that could have blown up?
I have the fan fail relay bypassed with the two fuse deal.

Thank you,

Dave

"Just Say NO, to the COUCH POTATO!"

To see how go to www.tvpedaler.com

Date: Sat, 22 May 2004 20:09:49 -0000
From: "Mads de Bruin" <debruin_at_dml_dia.eur.nl>
Subject: K-jetronic not connected

Hi,

This weekend a friend of mine helped me out with removing a very annoying talking alarm that wasn't working the way it should. While
I was preparing for that task by removing the center console, I also took a look in the compartment behind the drivers seat.
What i saw there was bit strange, the big black connector that is supposed to be connected to the silver module was disconnected. I
told this problem to someone and he said that I probably disconnected it by accident because he once saw someone who had the
same problem and the car simply wouldn't run.
I was sure It was already disconnected because I did not come close to this compartment while removing the center console.
I bought this car last year, october 20th 2003. It runs beautifully ever since I bought it. It starts at the first turn of the key and idles at
just around 1000rpm. I put some extra miles on it since then.
Today I tested what would happen if I connected it again. After connecting it, the car starts fine and runs fine. After a few seconds it
begins to search (I understand that's supposed to happen(frequency valve)) but it's going to search very irratic. It keeps bouncing
between 500 and 1500 rpm and doesn't settle, very annoying. After that I disconnected the plug again and everything is fine.
I know the connector should be connected, it's there for a reason but it runs better without it connected.
Could someone explain what's causing this or what is wrong?

Mads de Bruin

PS: Out of the black connector comes a blue wire and, I think, a black wire. There's also a red wire with a plug that has got the word
'test' written on it. It's a square connector with a lip inside. A lip just like the ones that are on a relais. Someone knows what this is?

Date: Sat, 22 May 2004 13:09:52 -0700 (PDT)
From: jordan rubin <nuttenschleuder_at_dml_yahoo.com>
Subject: camshaft sprocket support tool for head removal J28858

Hello all,

  For an upcoming project on a car here, Im wondering
where I could either.

A.  Get my hands on this tool, the timing chain holder
for head removal.

B. Some sort of stencil of autocad drawing on how to
fabricate one.

Also the best documentation found on DMCnews tells to:
  Remove the head by rapping it with a rubber or
wooden mallet at the corners and the center. This will
help unstick the head from the gasket and block. Cock
the head and pull it up at any angle you can other
than straight up. Removal complete!

Is straight up meaning up as in towards the sky or
straight off as in pulling away from the engine
itself.

thanx

jordan 11613

Yahoo! Domains  Claim yours for only $14.70/year

Date: Sat, 22 May 2004 16:12:42 -0400
From: "Michael M" <kenshin_at_dml_otaku-wired.net>
Subject: RE: Northeast Exotic Car Show 2004

Ok, then it will be there, as a work in progress.

mike

Date: Sat, 22 May 2004 22:55:19 -0000
From: "cruznmd" <racuti1_at_dml_delorean.com>
Subject: The Christina Ferrare Story?

This is somewhat and wierdly on topic;

While lounging in a bookstore today waiting on people to make their
choices, I spied a book by John DeLorean's ex-wife
titled "Realistically Ever After" where she discusses her failed
marriages and what she learned from them.

I picked it up curious to see what she said about her marriage to
John. It was only one chapter. She more or less said that the
marriage was shallow and superficial because he didn't care to let
her into his business life and she was too busy modelling and
attending soirees. Although she had little positive to say about her
relationship with John, she did have the decency not to bash him
publicly and seemed supportive and believing of him during the trial
periods and even today.

Just FYI. Some owners are into this stuff.

Cheers,

Rich A.