From: <dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com>
To: <dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com>
Subject: [DML] Digest Number 2033
Date: Monday, May 24, 2004 2:41 AM

1. Re: K-jetronic not connected
From: "Lauren" <LPLand_at_dml_earthlink.net>

2. Re: K-jetronic not connected
From: "David Teitelbaum" <jtrealty_at_dml_webspan.net>

3. RE: FW: [52 Favorite Cars - on Spike TV]: Thanks - from Spike TV
From: "Scott Mueller" <scott.a.mueller_at_dml_mchsi.com>

4. Re: Delorean For Sale
From: Marc Levy <malevy_nj_at_dml_yahoo.com>

5. Re: clutch
From: "foxmul2001" <foxmul_at_dml_bellatlantic.net>

6. Re: Huey Lewis
From: "Robert Moseley" <videobob_at_dml_hotmail.com>

Message: 1
Date: Sun, 23 May 2004 16:59:30 -0700
From: "Lauren" <LPLand_at_dml_earthlink.net>
Subject: Re: K-jetronic not connected

> That's the lambda computer

Just my eternal curiousity -- why is it called "lambda?"

.........................LP
owner, potential driver of 10440

Date: Mon, 24 May 2004 01:44:36 -0000
From: "David Teitelbaum" <jtrealty_at_dml_webspan.net>

Lambda is a greek letter of the alphabet and is used in engineering to
define certain terms. In this case it is defining the excess air
factor. To use a catalytic converter the Lambda must be very closely
controled. This is why on the PRV in the Delorean they use a
closed-loop Lambda control. For further info on this complicated
subject I recomend reading:    Bosch Fuel Injection & Engine Mangement
by Charles O. Probst. You can order it from motorbooks.com.

Date: Sun, 23 May 2004 20:57:55 -0500
From: "Scott Mueller" <scott.a.mueller_at_dml_mchsi.com>
Subject: RE: FW: [52 Favorite Cars - on Spike TV]: Thanks - from Spike TV

#29 Cars we wished they still made.

From: 52 Favorite Cars - on Spike TV

Hi Everyone,

This is just a friendly reminder to tune-in to 52 Favorite Cars on Spike TV
tonight at 9:00pm.  You voted, you picked the list... it's YOUR show.

Tune in!

Emil
--
emil_at_dml_52favoritecars.com

PS: If you want to see a sneak-peak of the intro of the show, go here:

http://www.52favoritecars.com/52Faves_Intro.mov

Date: Sun, 23 May 2004 19:08:24 -0700 (PDT)
From: Marc Levy <malevy_nj_at_dml_yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: Delorean For Sale

This owned by a guy named Kenny??  I met up with his
mechanic (Dean) 2 years ago in Englishtown..  Told me
all about the car and (at the time) I was going to go
look at it but never did.

FWIW, Based on the fact that the mechanic himself said
the owner "Beat the crap out of it" made the asking
price a bit high.  Again, from memory, I thought he
said it needed a new water pump.

At the time, he told me it had 37K on the odometer but
the car had AT LEAST 90K on it for real... having the
well known DeLorean spedo failure.

After speaking to Dean on the telephone before going
to look at it, I decided it was not worth my time.
The asking price was way too high just based on what
the mechanic told me.

--- David Teitelbaum <jtrealty_at_dml_webspan.net> wrote:
> I am posting this for another owner nearby. I have
> heard about this
> car for a while and I finally saw it yesterday. It
> is in Pomona, N.Y.

Yahoo! Domains  Claim yours for only $14.70/year

Date: Mon, 24 May 2004 02:32:51 -0000
From: "foxmul2001" <foxmul_at_dml_bellatlantic.net>
Subject: Re: clutch

Thanks, David T.

I was just wondering if anyone had pictures of this unit mounted or
off or in the process of.  has anyone done it before and can give
some tips.  I admire someone eles's wisdom than perform the same
mistakes again.  Thanks again for your replies.

joseph

Date: Mon, 24 May 2004 02:45:43 -0000
From: "Robert Moseley" <videobob_at_dml_hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: Huey Lewis

Thanks to Brian for the heads up about the Huey Lewis and the News
show last night.
I indeed took the Delorean to "Billy Bob's Texas" which is labeled as
the "largest Honky Tonk in the world".
I called the manager first and let him know that I was coming.
He let me park my car right up front on the sidewalk near the front
entrance. I had my Flux plugged in and gleaming.
This was the first time that I have ever displayed my car in this way.
I am used to people gawking at it, but this time was different.
This time, all respect for my property went out the window.
People were more than touching it, they were banging on it,
sitting on the hood and fenders for pictures, one A-hole opened
the door and got in!
I said, "are you out of your f-ing mind?"
He looked at me like I was crazy.
I said, "dude, get out of my car!!!"
I am pretty liberal about letting people take pictures, and even
sitting in the car but when some one opens the door, gets in
and starts playing with the shifter without permission I get fired up.
I was getting a little frightend to be honest.
I mean, if I walked out to find someone doing that to my Ford Taurus I
would pump them full of LEAD!!!!
Who are these disrespectful punks?

People were treating the car as if it were one of those funny
statues at Universial Studios that you pose with for photos.
Climbing on in, getting in it, and the touching...
....OH MY GOD THE TOUCHING!!!!!!
I spent hours today cleaning off the millions of fingerprints
and it still looks like a clay sculpture.

My advice to anyone who ever takes thier car to an event like this is
to make sure the facility provides proper barriers or ropes to put
around the car.
Car shows are different because the people attending are mostly
respectfull and know you are not supposed to touch the cars, but
private events that are filled with drunken red-necks are a disaster
waiting to happen!

With all that said... it was still very exiting to be the center of
attention and to see the looks of amazement on peoples faces as they
saw the car. They had the same look on thier face as if they found a
Unicorn or something.
That part was really cool.

As for Huey Lewis.... he sounded EXACTLY like his records, which was
a little dissapointing because there was no surprises.
It was like karaoke with the real guy.
(no, he did not play "Back in Time" or make any BTTF references)
Billy-Bob's is the worst place to see a concert unless you are right
up front because there is no good view of the stage otherwise.
However, the house was packed with standing room only.
I tried like hell to get some pictures, an interview or something
but to be honest Huey's people, as well as the security at Billy Bob's
were some of the biggest jerks I have EVER dealt with.
Very dissapointing.
Someone needs to put Huey in Doc's time machine and wisk him
back to 1985 to when he still had a hit so it will match the ego
that I ran into last night.
All that said, the overall night was fun for $12.75.

Just my 2 cents.

- Videobob
VIN# 5278
http://www.dfwdmc.com