From: <dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com>
To: <dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com>
Subject: [DML] Digest Number 2036
Date: Wednesday, May 26, 2004 2:27 AM

1. four post garage lifts
From: "Hank" <henry_at_dml_ix.netcom.com>

2. RE: The PRV-6 to Northstar Transfer
From: "Michael C. Babb" <michael_at_dml_babbtechnology.com>

3. Re: The PRV-6 to Northstar Transfer
From: Marc Levy <malevy_nj_at_dml_yahoo.com>

4. Re: The PRV-6 to Northstar Transfer
From: "Dave Sontos" <dsontos_at_dml_verizon.net>

5. Re: Performance Suspension by Eibach now available
From: "James" <james_at_dml_usadmc.com>

6. RE: Updated DMC VIN list and related materials uploaded
From: "Montgomery, Ken" <kenm_at_dml_csus.edu>

7. RE: Fanzilla
From: "Video Bob" <videobob_at_dml_hotmail.com>

8. getting 10440 running in Tucson
From: "Lauren" <LPLand_at_dml_earthlink.net>

9. RE: Got an Alignment !
From: Mike Griese <mike.griese_at_dml_worldnet.att.net>

10. Timing chain gear holding tool
From: "B BENSON" <delornut_at_dml_peoplepc.com>

Message: 1
Date: Tue, 25 May 2004 12:06:50 -0400
From: "Hank" <henry_at_dml_ix.netcom.com>
Subject: four post garage lifts

I'm thinking of installing a four post lift in my garage to lift my Delorean and create a second spot for another car underneath.  I've seen several on the web, but I have no knowledge or experience with these lifts.  The primary purpose would be long-term elevated storage (as opposed to short-term vehicle servicing).

What kinds of "hobbyist" lifts have people on the DML installed, how much did they cost, and how hard was it to actually install, or will I have to hire a professional installer?

I do have a concrete slab in the garage, but I'd like to avoid drilling holes into it if at all possible.

Should I even consider a two post lift?

Thanks,

-Hank

Date: Tue, 25 May 2004 12:06:34 -0400
From: "Michael C. Babb" <michael_at_dml_babbtechnology.com>
Subject: RE: The PRV-6 to Northstar Transfer

American Custom Engineering is the shop that was providing these engine
swaps - their website appears to now be defunct.

Michael

Date: Tue, 25 May 2004 09:15:54 -0700 (PDT)
From: Marc Levy <malevy_nj_at_dml_yahoo.com>

A company called "American Custom Engine" who do a lot
of conversion work for Fiero did install a Northstar
in a DeLorean a few years back.  They offered the
conversion service for $20K to anyone else.  I dont
think anyone else ever did it.

The car was in Memphis 2 years ago, and was for sale.
I dont know if the car was sold, or where it is now.
It waS one of the better conversions I have seen in a
DeLorean.  Tight fit, but minimal modification was
made to the stock delorean parts.  This is one of my
goals in my ongoing prowler conversion project.

From
http://www.dmcnews.com/events/memphis02/memphis.html

http://www.dmcnews.com/events/memphis02/images/1804northstar.JPG

http://www.deloreanmidatlantic.com/scrapbook/members/levy/mark14.jpg

http://www.deloreanmidatlantic.com/scrapbook/members/levy/mark15.jpg

The web site for American Custom Engine is no longer
up.. so maybe they are out of business?

Any conversion is possible.. Just a matter of how much
you want to spend!

I heard Don at DMC Garden Grove will do this
conversion too..  You may want to give him a call if
you have the cash!

Date: Tue, 25 May 2004 13:03:41 -0400
From: "Dave Sontos" <dsontos_at_dml_verizon.net>

Come to Pigeon Forge and you will probably see several.

Date: Tue, 25 May 2004 17:01:41 -0000
From: "James" <james_at_dml_usadmc.com>
Subject: Re: Performance Suspension by Eibach now available

The new Eibach springs have been tested with the shocks we currently
sell, though can be used with stock shocks as well. Optimum
performance, obviously, comes from having the complete package.

Just as with the springs, we're in the process of switching to a new
supplier for the shocks, and expect to see them within 60 days or so.
Same performance, but a better price and supply. These are also
designed to go with the Eibach springs, though they can be used with
any spring setup. They are the ONLY shock currently available that is
designed FOR the DeLorean, and not some other car modified to work.

Someone asked about the weight of the springs, a set of four Eibach
springs for the DeLorean is about 19.5 pounds, and a set of stock
DeLorean springs is about 27 pounds.

James

Date: Tue, 25 May 2004 10:52:58 -0700
From: "Montgomery, Ken" <kenm_at_dml_csus.edu>
Subject: RE: Updated DMC VIN list and related materials uploaded

   Jason, (and everyone else)

The VIN list gets updates from submissions to the DeLorean Owners
Directory. The 'printed' version of the list comes out 1 or 2 times a
year depending on how many updates there are. Your submission, for
example, was made just after the image was taken for the current
versions of the DOD and VIN list. Your changes will appear in the next
revisions.

Ken Montgomery
=============================================================================================================Ken Montgomery	Sacramento, CA  VIN #10911  'OUTTIME'

Date: Tue, 25 May 2004 14:07:03 -0500
From: "Video Bob" <videobob_at_dml_hotmail.com>
Subject: RE: Fanzilla

Try John Hervey's "Fan Fix", it's the same thing.
He is at http://www.specialtauto.com
- VB

Date: Tue, 25 May 2004 13:59:35 -0700
From: "Lauren" <LPLand_at_dml_earthlink.net>
Subject: getting 10440 running in Tucson

Just a heads-up to the vendors -- when Keith from European Service
in Tucson calls with a shopping list of parts, it's for me.  The cooling
system is first on the list, then the shifting concerns, then the A/C.
We'll see where it goes from there.  Just wanted to say thanks in
advance for helping get me on the road.

......................LP

Date: 25 May 2004 17:11:20 -0500
From: Mike Griese <mike.griese_at_dml_worldnet.att.net>
Subject: RE: Got an Alignment !

You need a crow's foot wrench.  It looks like an open end wrench with an opening for a ratchet.

From:  Adam 16683
Subj:  [DML] Got an Alignment !

Does anyone have any tricks on torquing the TA bolts? I tried all
sorts of different length sockets but none would fit.

Date: Tue, 25 May 2004 17:36:22 -0500
From: "B BENSON" <delornut_at_dml_peoplepc.com>
Subject: Timing chain gear holding tool

The other day someone wanted a sketch of the tool for holding the timing
gear in place while removing the head. I have the tool but I bought it used
and I'm not sure if all the holes shown are necessary. In any event, I put a
couple of sketches in the photo section with dimensions. It's in there as
Timimg G.

Bruce Benson