From: <dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com>
To: <dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com>
Subject: [DML] Digest Number 2042
Date: Saturday, May 29, 2004 5:39 PM

There is 1 message in this issue.

Topics in this digest:

1. Re: Broken Kneepads
From: "supermattthehero" <supermatty_at_dml_psu.edu>

Message: 1
Date: Sat, 29 May 2004 17:50:38 -0000
From: "supermattthehero" <supermatty_at_dml_psu.edu>
Subject: Re: Broken Kneepads

I have never repaired a broken stud yet, but I would probably remove
the spinning stud, sand the area with 50 grit or so, scrub it with a
rag damp with acetone, and then using fiberglass resin or JB weld.

If your covering is coming off, just pull off the material as far as
necessary, then respray contact cement, let it dry for about 15
minutes, and then pull it taut and staple as necessary.

--- In dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com, "Dave Sontos" <dsontos_at_dml_v...> wrote:
> Sunflower
>
> Has anyone found a good adhesive to repair the kneepads when the
mounting stud holes are broken. I've tried hotmelt and urethane epoxy
and neither will stick to the material. Its very waxy. Even the spray
on contact adhesive for the covering is starting to peel off.