From: <dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com>
To: <dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com>
Subject: [DML] Digest Number 2047
Date: Thursday, June 03, 2004 12:37 AM

1. No A/C, Heat, Vent Fans
From: "billgrah5" <bill_at_dml_billgraham.net>

2. Re: what is known about harry ward?
From: "kevin" <tednelson83_at_dml_yahoo.com>

3. RE: Alternator Questions
From: "Dustin Dewey" <dmc5000_at_dml_hotmail.com>

4. RE: Water pump pulley came off on its own
From: "Montgomery, Ken" <kenm_at_dml_csus.edu>

5. Kids DeLorean car
From: dmcjohn_at_dml_hotmail.com

6. Re: Alternator Questions
From: "chris_delorean" <88mph_at_dml_delorean.com>

7. Virginia Caravan to PF
From: "Dave Sontos" <dsontos_at_dml_verizon.net>

8. Re: Kids DeLorean car
From: "Stephen Clark" <stephen_at_dml_bttf.com>

9. Re: Delorean Owners in LV
From: Bob Brandys <BobB_at_dml_safety-epa.com>

10. Re: Virginia Caravan to PF
From: Rod Dillman <rhdillman_at_dml_yahoo.com>

Message: 1
Date: Wed, 02 Jun 2004 02:06:23 -0000
From: "billgrah5" <bill_at_dml_billgraham.net>
Subject: No A/C, Heat, Vent Fans

Hello,

I recently removed my center console to install a new stereo
and radio mounting bracket from DMC Houston.

Two problems:

a)  The Fan Speed Switch does not work in any position,
regardless of the Mode Control Switch selection.
b)  When changing the mode to an AC setting, the compressor
sounds like its trying to kick on but just can't stay on.

Unfortunately, I was not careful enough when documenting the
connections to the Mode Control Switch.    I did not document
the position of the three electrical blade connections.  A
green, green/white, and red wire with connector are my
options.  I read on the DML that the green/white is for the
Fan Speed Switch power.  I have tried connecting the wires
green - red - g/w and g/w - red - green.  A previous owner
taped the red connector to always be in the middle.

My workshop manual calls for a "Supply", "Compressor",
and "Fan Speed Switch" connection.  The "Wire Colour" is left
blank for the owner to "fill-in".

The ducts in the dash do open when I select an AC setting.

FYI:  the vacuum connections were never removed.

Is there an obvious problem here that I am overlooking?
Would a problem with the mode control switch cause the fans
not to operate?

Any ideas are appreciated.

Thanks

Bill G

Date: Wed, 02 Jun 2004 07:36:38 -0000
From: "kevin" <tednelson83_at_dml_yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: what is known about harry ward?

i do know that his custom 200 hp turbo DeLorean was featured on the
cover of the November 1987 issue of delorean world magizine. the
article on page 16 or 18 was about his car. i think he also sold
custom stuff. does anyone have a picture of that car on there
computer? i mainly want the pic on the cover.

-tednelson83

Date: Wed, 02 Jun 2004 03:44:30 +0000
From: "Dustin Dewey" <dmc5000_at_dml_hotmail.com>
Subject: RE: Alternator Questions

I just put one of Johns Brute 140's in my D.
It works awesome. I have so much power now, I dont know what to do with it.
Even when the fans kick on, the power never drops. So I am very impressed.
It took me a while to get in installed right, but after a couple hours of
adjusting, everything turned
out great. I would also suggest getting the red powder coating. It really
looks nice.

Dustin
006746

Date: Tue, 1 Jun 2004 21:12:47 -0700
From: "Montgomery, Ken" <kenm_at_dml_csus.edu>
Subject: RE: Water pump pulley came off on its own

    Thanks everyone for your advise on the pump. I'll just replace the
whole pump. The existing pump is, according to the previous owner, about
2 years old. Since the pump has the keyway, perhaps it came from Mr.
Hervey. I don't really care at this point. The machined pulley looks in
great shape. The pump spins freely. The shaft must have been cut off
because there is no threaded hole in the end. Everything was working
fine until this problem came up. It's just that much less $$ I get to
keep when I sell the car.

Thanks again, see you all in P.F.

Ken M

Date: Wed, 02 Jun 2004 12:10:45 -0000
From: dmcjohn_at_dml_hotmail.com
Subject: Kids DeLorean car

Hi Lads,
You know the kids BTTF DeLorean car that sometimes come up for sale?
I missed out on one on Ebay early this morning, I was outbid by about
50 cents while I slept! Oh well.
Anyway, I'd love to get one of these for my daughter Katie, if anyone
has any leads, or has one they would be willing to sell (in any
condition) could you please let me know?
Thanks very much,
John Dore, Ireland.
PS here is a link to see what I'm talking about.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3818099348

Date: Wed, 02 Jun 2004 13:40:30 -0000
From: "chris_delorean" <88mph_at_dml_delorean.com>

Hello Partick,

I use the D150 from SpecialTAuto, it works very well.
When motor runs at idle speed, I get 13.8-14 V, with all on (high
beam, both cooling fans, radio, doors opened) voltage drops only by 1
Volt, always at idle speed. This drop is nearly insignificant while
driving.
What was work for your old Ducelier alternator will be holidays for
the D150.

Best Regards,

Chris.
VIN#04271.

Date: Wed, 2 Jun 2004 10:58:04 -0400
From: "Dave Sontos" <dsontos_at_dml_verizon.net>
Subject: Virginia Caravan to PF

Sunflower
Is there anyone else in Virginia leaving early Thursday morning (6/17) for PF that would like to caravan. I'll be doing 64W to 81S _at_dml_ 60mph

Contact me off list at dsontos(at)verizon.net

Date: Wed, 02 Jun 2004 13:14:06 -0000
From: "Stephen Clark" <stephen_at_dml_bttf.com>
Subject: Re: Kids DeLorean car

"You know, we've got.... two of 'em."

"Wow, you must be rich!"

"Oh honey, he's teasing you, nobody has two BTTF Ride-On DeLoreans."

:)

Drop me an email, John.  I have a mint one I'm planning on bringing
to Pigeon Forge to sell in the BTTF.com booth, and another one in
similar condition to the eBay auction that is currently in storage.

Stephen Clark,
BTTF.com

Date: Wed, 02 Jun 2004 11:19:26 -0500
From: Bob Brandys <BobB_at_dml_safety-epa.com>
Subject: Re: Delorean Owners in LV

I am going to be in LV June 7 - 14.  Are there any Delorean owners who
would like to get together?

BOB Brandys

Date: Wed, 2 Jun 2004 12:58:21 -0700 (PDT)
From: Rod Dillman <rhdillman_at_dml_yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: Virginia Caravan to PF

I plan to leave Virginia June 16(Wednesday) for Pigeon Forge.  We hope to leave from I-81,Exit 156 Brugh's Country Store around 2PM.  Would any one going south on I-81
like to caravan from there?  My travel plans are flexible as to time of departure if anyone is interested in another meeting  time.
Dave Sontos <dsontos_at_dml_verizon.net> wrote:Sunflower