From: <dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com>
To: <dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com>
Subject: [DML] Digest Number 2060
Date: Thursday, June 10, 2004 10:07 PM

1. Megasquirt (WAS: Delorean ECU?)
From: Marc Levy <malevy_nj_at_dml_yahoo.com>

2. Would anyone like a set of these?
From: "supermattthehero" <supermatty_at_dml_psu.edu>

3. Re: LED replacement bulbs
From: "ryanpwright" <yahoo1_at_dml_ryanwright.com>

4. Under a week now!
From: Enid/Jeremiah <hispanicangeleyes_at_dml_yahoo.com>

5. belt buckles
From: "Marvin" <marv_at_dml_printeddrinkware.com>

6. Pics Uploaded to #5939's Photo Album
From: "content22207" <brobertson_at_dml_carolina.net>

7. Re: Would anyone like a set of these?
From: Marc Levy <malevy_nj_at_dml_yahoo.com>

8. Re: Under a week now!
From: Josh Haldeman <jhaldeman_at_dml_fuse.net>

9. Re: auto parts for sale.
From: benjamin strand <benjamin_strand_at_dml_yahoo.com>

10. Re: A strange and disturbing issue
From: "ryanpwright" <yahoo1_at_dml_ryanwright.com>

11. RE: Maiden Voyage Of The RMS DeLorean
From: "Kevin Abato" <delorean_at_dml_abato.net>

12. Attn: Bill Robertson
From: billsfanmd_at_dml_aol.com

13. Re: Delorean ECU?
From: "spaceace3113" <spaceace3113_at_dml_yahoo.com>

14. Re: Under a week now!
From: PRC1216_at_dml_aol.com

15. Re: Future DCS Venues?
From: "Brent W. Lundgren" <brentlun_at_dml_netrax.net>

16. Florida To Pigeon Forge - Update?
From: "Dan Harris" <whocruiser_at_dml_aol.com>

17. A/C BURST on low pressure hose(was law countersuit)
From: John Podlewski <john_podlewski_at_dml_yahoo.com>

18. Re: Would anyone like a set of these?
From: "Dani B" <5n-_at_dml_gmx.net>

19. Torsion bars needed
From: Me <fleetofworlds_at_dml_yahoo.com>

20. Re: auto parts for sale.
From: Darryl Givens <mydmc5898_at_dml_yahoo.com>

21. Update on the Northern IL caravan to PF
From: "Dave Swingle" <swingle_at_dml_dmcnews.com>

Message: 1
Date: Thu, 10 Jun 2004 09:14:05 -0700 (PDT)
From: Marc Levy <malevy_nj_at_dml_yahoo.com>
Subject: Megasquirt (WAS: Delorean ECU?)

No.  I was looking at it for use on 6068 when it has
the Island turbo on it..  Then looked at it again for
my conversion, but found a solution that did both Fuel
and Ignition.  It has also already been used with
great success on my donor engine.

I'd love to put it on 1860, but think it would hurt
the value too much.... or get me shot.

--- Pete Berveiler <zamphyr2000_at_dml_yahoo.com> wrote:
> I saw the Megasquirt a while ago... its a good
> replacement for an existing EFI, but IMHO the TEC3
> is
> a complete replacement of our system.  It includes
<SNIP>

http://messenger.yahoo.com/

Date: Thu, 10 Jun 2004 16:40:30 -0000
From: "supermattthehero" <supermatty_at_dml_psu.edu>
Subject: Would anyone like a set of these?

Trying to see if there is any interest in having more of these
made.  The set I had made is anodized aluminum with a brushed finish
with black powder coat in the recessed sections.  The picture here
is a rendering, though.  These have a threaded M6 stud on the
bottom, so if you remove your valence you can attach these with nuts
and washers.
The cost to make more of these is high for low quantities, so if I
could get an approximation of how many people would be interested in
purchasing a set of these, it would be awesome.  The price will
likely be around $300 for a pair (driver and passenger side).  For
stainless, it would cost more in the area of $500/pair, so I doubt
there will be much interest there.  These prices are only
approximations, and if they seem high, it's because of the cost of
materials is also high right now.

So, would anyone consider buying these?  Feel free to elaborate in
your answer as to why or why not.

http://tinyurl.com/2bw2c

Date: Thu, 10 Jun 2004 16:29:28 -0000
From: "ryanpwright" <yahoo1_at_dml_ryanwright.com>
Subject: Re: LED replacement bulbs

Rod,

As others have said, this is a very easy procedure. You don't have to
take the sockets from the door frame - in fact if you do, you won't be
able to get to the bulbs. The colored plastic lens is what you need to
remove. It's held in place by the rubber that runs around it. Simply
use a screwdriver to pry the rubber back and the lens pops right out.
The LEDs are a direct replacement for the bulbs. This is a 5 minute
job max.

As for a danger of cracking the lens plastic, I'm sure there is, but
it's very, very slim. They're made well with thick plastic. I can't
see them cracking unless they are already extremely brittle or falling
apart, in which case you'd want to replace them anyway. My car is an
'81 with 46k miles and the lenses look like new. Nice and solid. At no
time did I think they might crack from this procedure.

-Ryan

--- In dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com, Rod Dillman <rhdillman_at_dml_y...> wrote:
> Ryan, How hard is it to replace the bulbs. How do you get the lens
sockets from the door frame? Is there a danger of cracking the lens
plastic. Thanks, Rod

Date: Thu, 10 Jun 2004 11:33:41 -0700 (PDT)
From: Enid/Jeremiah <hispanicangeleyes_at_dml_yahoo.com>
Subject: Under a week now!

  Well everyone, we are officially under a week to
being at PF.  I can't tell you how excited I am -
#3299 has had almost $18k in retoration now, and I am
so proud of everything that has been done.  I just
finished putting abrand new starter, radiator, and
installed a transmission cooling system on my auto
tranny.  From the backissues, this seems to be one of
the most valued upgrades a auto tranny owner can
accomplish.  I also had my cooling fans inspected,
disassembled, and put back together - motors and all.
All I have to do is get some R12 in the car and
possibly replace my rear tires, and we'll be ready to
go!

Anyhoo, sorry to go on my own tangent there.  The main
reason for this message is coming up with a way for
being able to identify one another at PF.  I figured
the best way (other than the DMCF buttons) would be by
license plates.  After all, almost everyone of us has
some sort of a vanity plate - that's IMHO - the best
indicator as to who's who.  Everything I've done to my
car is under the stainless or under the engine bay
cover, so if you're looking for mine: 1. Stainless
body 2.  Doors that go up and 3. "He Heard" plate =P.
What's everyone else's plates because I'm literally
making a list so I can meet some of you guys who have
been a great help to me.  Anyhoo, see everyone there;
I can't wait!!!!!  Oh, and I can't wait to meet all
the vendors (literally all of them in the US except
the obvious nomad in CA) who I've done business with
on getting #3299 back on the road.  Oh, I'm bringing
my D paraphernalia (whatever fits in the trunk with my
luggage =) ), which includes some catalogs from DMCH
under a "different" name from 1986 and 88.  I don't
know how rare those are, but I figured anything I
could bring to the table would be welcome!

Jeremiah

http://messenger.yahoo.com/

Date: Wed, 9 Jun 2004 15:38:07 -0400
From: "Marvin" <marv_at_dml_printeddrinkware.com>
Subject: belt buckles

DeLorean belt buckles - custom cast - can be made very inexpensively.
1) Antique silver finish  (2" x 3" x 4 mm.)
    individually boxed
    Minimum 100
    no die / setup fee
    _at_dml_ $5.20 each (USA funds)

2) Pewter  (2" x 3" x 4 mm.)
    individually boxed
    Minimum 25
    no die / setup fee
    _at_dml_ $12.25 each (USA funds)

Packaging and shipping to your door is extra, _at_dml_ $5.00 each.

I need either 25 single orders for pewter, or 100 for the antique finish, to begin production.
Anyone interested?

Marv.
# 17077

Marvin Stein
Printed Drinkware Company
tel:         519-434-1666
fax:        519-434-7071
toll free: 1-866-725-4665
email: marv_at_dml_printeddrinkware.com
website: printeddrinkware.com

Date: Thu, 10 Jun 2004 16:20:20 -0000
From: "content22207" <brobertson_at_dml_carolina.net>
Subject: Pics Uploaded to #5939's Photo Album

Have uploaded pics to #5939's photo album showing dual exhaust setup,
my new (literally -- came on a pallet) carbureted PRV, the motor mount
extensions to mate it to my crossmember, and what I look like working
at 1:00 am.

It's been a VEEERY long week.

Date: Thu, 10 Jun 2004 13:29:49 -0700 (PDT)
From: Marc Levy <malevy_nj_at_dml_yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: Would anyone like a set of these?

I would not buy them, because I can get them from PJ
Grady for much less money.

http://www.pjgrady.com/stainlesspics.asp?pn=9&pt=7

Yes, I know they are just stainless inserts in to the
exsisting plastic.. but so what?  they serve the same
purpose.

<SNIP>

Date: Thu, 10 Jun 2004 17:00:28 -0400
From: Josh Haldeman <jhaldeman_at_dml_fuse.net>
Subject: Re: Under a week now!

Hey Jeremiah!

Glad to hear the car is back on the road!  I know you've been through
quite a bit with it.  Congrats!

Good idea on the license plates...although the best advantage of that is
finding someone with plates that knows their way around.  That way we
can all follow them.  (haha)  I'll be driving Ohio Plate "DELORUN" down
there, and my Dad will have his Ohio Scenic Rivers plates car down there.

See you in a week!
Josh

Date: Thu, 10 Jun 2004 15:22:03 -0700 (PDT)
From: benjamin strand <benjamin_strand_at_dml_yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: auto parts for sale.

Just wondering, how much are you asking for your Computer Governor?

mydmc5898 <mydmc5898_at_dml_yahoo.com> wrote:Hi, anyone who knows me by my posts knows I'm going to swap my
automatic set up for a manual. My auto trans slips and lot and since
I try to use the car more then anything I also like the 5-speed
better, well to get to the point I'm going to hopefully start the
change by early fall, I should be able to get the parts sooner, but
the money for labor and taking out the auto set up will push any
repaires back until fall. So if anyone is interested in the set up
let me know. It would whatever you need, the trans, computer (its
suppose to be in good condtion, just the internals of the trans is
bad) the shifter set up all that stuff that goes with it. So if your
interested let me know. Since the car began to slip I'm sure I won't
get much for the parts so please let me know if anyone is interested
in the Automatic parts.

Thanks a lot,
Darryl
VIN 5898

My aol email is DeLorean170_at_dml_aol.com
and my phone# is 570-331-8456

Date: Thu, 10 Jun 2004 22:45:36 -0000
From: "ryanpwright" <yahoo1_at_dml_ryanwright.com>
Subject: Re: A strange and disturbing issue

David,

>> The clicking relay you hear is the circuit breaker popping
>> on and off.

Ah ha! You hit the nail on the head. It makes perfect sense with what
happened today at lunch - my passenger side door lock is acting up,
not properly locking or unlocking some of the time. I disconnected the
door lock module for the time being. I bet it's sticking and/or having
some other problem. I am going to replace the relays and diodes tonight.

-Ryan

Date: Thu, 10 Jun 2004 18:47:41 -0400
From: "Kevin Abato" <delorean_at_dml_abato.net>
Subject: RE: Maiden Voyage Of The RMS DeLorean

If you wind can wind up blowing bubbles out of your car while you drive
down the road, you might win an award for the best customized DMC at the
show.  ;)

Date: Thu, 10 Jun 2004 18:52:11 EDT
From: billsfanmd_at_dml_aol.com
Subject: Attn: Bill Robertson

Bill,
Please contact Rich or myself and let us know your plans for the weekend...If
all goes well we will be up to our eyeballs in A/C repairs on Sunday and
would love you to join the frey. Walt will be here from Florida (If he gets his
car(s) back together :-)  Rich and I are going to do some basic cosmetic stuff
for his car on saturday and you are welcome then too...

The Forum membership needs to pitch in and get rich a cell phone :-)

Any other Forum members within earshot feel free to join the maryland A/C
tech session IV. They are alot of fun and we work till 3am :-)  Food provided....

Mike C

Date: Thu, 10 Jun 2004 23:34:31 -0000
From: "spaceace3113" <spaceace3113_at_dml_yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: Delorean ECU?

Wow, I guess this thread got pretty interesting, sure
I'd buy a system like that, but not for $5000. lets see what Mr
Steger comes up with, this looks promising
Thanks to everyone for all the replies

Harry Vin 2696

Date: Thu, 10 Jun 2004 20:36:26 EDT
From: PRC1216_at_dml_aol.com

My fear is not being able to fit everything I need in the car.   Since I am
bringing a passenger, two duffel bags may be pushing it.   :)

See you all in PF,
Patrick
1880
"PATS DMC"

Date: Thu, 10 Jun 2004 20:22:58 -0400
From: "Brent W. Lundgren" <brentlun_at_dml_netrax.net>
Subject: Re: Future DCS Venues?

Historic York, Pennsylvania

Nearby Gettysburg, Harley Davidson Factory & Museum, Pennsylvania Dutch
Country.  Large indoor facility at York Fairgrounds.  Plenty of country
roads.

Date: Fri, 11 Jun 2004 01:05:33 -0000
From: "Dan Harris" <whocruiser_at_dml_aol.com>
Subject: Florida To Pigeon Forge - Update?

Hey guys -

I haven't heard from anyone else yet about final plans for
caravanning up to the show.  Last I heard, at the Celebration show a
couple of weeks back, there were some people planning to leave early
on Thursday morning from Daytona, and I was planning to join up with
that group.  Can anyone of you contact me privately ASAP to confirm
exactly when & where for the meetup?  I'll likely be driving up to
Daytona on Wednesday and staying at a local hotel by the speedway & I-
95 so I can start fresh in the morning with the rest of you.  Or if
any others are going from anywhere else in Florida, could you drop me
a line too?  I'd rather not make the drive alone, and am getting just
a little nervous as the time gets closer.  Also - my passenger from
here in Ft Lauderdale has just had to drop out for work related
reasons, so I once again have a seat open in the D if anyone right
along the way is interested in riding to the show & back with me.

Thanks! - Dan Harris - VIN# 1662 - FL Tag# MY 81DMC

          *****WhoCruiser_at_dml_aol.com is Dan Harris*****
WhoCruiser's Personal Home Page: http://members.aol.com/WhoCruiser
Read about The Sci-Fi Sea Cruise at: http://www.scificruise.com
Purr-use The Cat House at: http://members.aol.com/LookAtMyCatsPage

Date: Thu, 10 Jun 2004 18:14:53 -0700 (PDT)
From: John Podlewski <john_podlewski_at_dml_yahoo.com>
Subject: A/C BURST on low pressure hose(was law countersuit)

I had my low pressure hose replaced some time ago, and recently discovered, the last Mechanic that installed it actually spliced it in half near the front of the vehicle, right under the Brake servo access panel so it is easily seen.  I guess because they had no other way of routing it without separating the frame from the chassis?  Well that held for three whole days, so I took it back and they just put it back together with clamps.  Well that held for awhile.
Finally after seeking legal action for other various problems they caused related to the fuel system and engine.  I repaired my Delorean myself and took them to court and WON against G.T CAR CENTER in Ft. Lauderdale, Fl.
Anyway upon further inspection the low pressure hose was routed over the oil filler completely blocking access to it!!!  Also the 13/32 size hose was spliced with a 1/2 in coupling.  So I figured it's a no-brainer and replaced it with the correct 13/32 A/C coupling and everything would work great.
The hose was still in great shape so I just  cleaned it off a bit and put everything back together securely.  It held pressure approx. 40-45 lbs. low side. and I think about 200 hi side. and Ice cold well as much as 134a gets any way.
After a day of driving the coupling popped off the hose again. (Thrid time)
Before I go out and drop another $190 on a another new hose for someones half ass job!  I want to make sure there are no other problems with the system.  Obviously if it is to much pressure it would expel freon at the weakest point.  Which it is doing, but I don't want that to be the condenser or evaporator if I install a new hose.
Is this the case or is it just the normal hose clamps can not retain that kind of pressure for long??  The compessor cycles normally but should I start to look at that.
Any help is appreciated, see ya in Tenn.

Thanks to all on the list for advice over the last six months in fixing all the issues others incompetent mechanics caused.

Date: Fri, 11 Jun 2004 01:49:56 -0000
From: "Dani B" <5n-_at_dml_gmx.net>

Some people would probably feel more like spending $300/$500 in other
areas of their cars-such as suspension, engine, etc. Although a great
design and idea- This is already being produced, and I feel that this
price
is just too hard on the wallet :/   -DB #5003

--- In dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com, "supermattthehero" <supermatty_at_dml_p...>

Date: Thu, 10 Jun 2004 19:08:55 -0700 (PDT)
From: Me <fleetofworlds_at_dml_yahoo.com>
Subject: Torsion bars needed

Anyone got some spares around?

http://messenger.yahoo.com/

Date: Thu, 10 Jun 2004 19:23:39 -0700 (PDT)
From: Darryl Givens <mydmc5898_at_dml_yahoo.com>

I don't have a set price in mind, the tranny was rebuilt in 1997 and was really only used in 2000-2004 when only  7,000 were put on it. I'm not sure about the computer if it is rebuilt or all orginal. I have talked with the mechanc who is going to do the conversion on my car and dosen't see any problem with the computer only the tranny internals. But the condition or working order of the computer is unknown so I don't know what price to put on it. If you want to send me a figure of something your looking for. The car still moves I pull it only 10 feet out of the garage and let it run for 20 min or so every few days. And the trans should come out shortly after labor day at the latest. He may get me in earlier, god willing. So let me know what you think. If you want to wait until it comes out of the car to see photos and everything I can do that to.

Thanks,
Darryl

Date: Fri, 11 Jun 2004 02:53:53 -0000
From: "Dave Swingle" <swingle_at_dml_dmcnews.com>
Subject: Update on the Northern IL caravan to PF

It looks like we'll be starting out on Wednesday AM with 5 DeLoreans
(including one each from ND, SD, and MN), picking up two more on the
west side of Chicago. We are trying to coordinate lunch in
Indianapolis with an owner who's not making the show, and then
spending the evening in Florence KY (Cincinnati). We'll be picking up
three more in the morning (one of those from Canada! - Hi Marv)and
one in Lexington, for a total of 11 DeLoreans (and two SUVs) in the
group.

Anyone else along the way that wants to joint contact me.

Dave

swingle(AT)dmcnews.com