From: <dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com>
To: <dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com>
Subject: [DML] Digest Number 2062
Date: Friday, June 11, 2004 6:01 PM

1. Re: Thermotime Switch Question
From: Soma576_at_dml_aol.com

2. Re: Re: Taillight Tinting
From: Josh Haldeman <jhaldeman_at_dml_fuse.net>

3. Re: Taillight Tinting
From: Soma576_at_dml_aol.com

4. AC correct operation?
From: "sweitzel_2000" <sweitzel_at_dml_lffltd.com>

5. RE: Taillight Tinting
From: Rod Dillman <rhdillman_at_dml_yahoo.com>

6. Caravan to Pigeon Forge with DMC (Texas)!
From: "James Espey" <james_at_dml_usadmc.com>

7. Idle speed searching
From: "johnzd81" <johnzd81_at_dml_yahoo.com>

Message: 1
Date: Fri, 11 Jun 2004 14:04:19 EDT
From: Soma576_at_dml_aol.com
Subject: Re: Thermotime Switch Question

In a message dated 6/11/04 11:56:05 AM Central Daylight Time,
hispanicangeleyes_at_dml_yahoo.com writes:

> Could someone please explain (I don't need a thesis,
> just an understanding) what this jump does, and why it
> fires the car right up?  I want to understand if I
> have a faulty thermotime switch, or if there is
> another bug that this procedure is by-passing.  Thank
> you everyone.
>
> Jeremiah

Jeremiah,

the short story is when you 'jump' the thermotime switch, you are forcing the
cold start valve to open and inject extra gas into the intake to start the
car easier when cold.

if the car starts better like this, then either your thermotime switch is bad
or the wiring is loose or bad.  the cold start valve gets +12V from the
red/white striped small wire on the starter solenoid.  check that wire for
continuity if you are having problems.

Date: Fri, 11 Jun 2004 13:01:31 -0400
From: Josh Haldeman <jhaldeman_at_dml_fuse.net>
Subject: Re: Re: Taillight Tinting

A couple of years ago I had the paint shop at the industrial design
company I worked for mix up some semi-transparent acrylic paint in the
correct orange color.  It looked good, and stayed on the car for about 3
years, but finally started wearing off again.  I finally gave up and
just bought new lenses from Rob, after trying the sharpies, trying the
stained glass paint, and just about everything else you can think of
also.  New lenses are expensive, but they are worth it!  Make the car
look brand new from the back, and if you don't constantly park your car
in the sun, they should stay looking nice for a good long time.

See everyone in a week,
Josh
and the rest...

Date: Fri, 11 Jun 2004 14:12:08 EDT
From: Soma576_at_dml_aol.com
Subject: Re: Taillight Tinting

In a message dated 6/11/04 10:05:50 AM Central Daylight Time,
doctorDHD_at_dml_aol.com writes:

> I found a glass paint that looks good but it needs to be heated to
> 325F to harden it.
>
> I tried it on a scrap piece of plastic and the color looked good but
> the plastic warped.
>
> Any thoughts?

In my opinion you are wasting your time.  it will never look OEM and you
would have to do both sides (which would have to be uniformly faded) for it to
look even and not home-brew.  even then, it may not be good enough (or safe).

there are plenty of parts cars and taillights sell on ebay for much less than
new all of the time.

I had a faded passenger side turn signal lens and i just traded for a nicer
one with someone else on the net.  much easier.

just my $0.02.

Date: Fri, 11 Jun 2004 17:07:43 -0000
From: "sweitzel_2000" <sweitzel_at_dml_lffltd.com>
Subject: AC correct operation?

Greetings:

Question - is the AC compressor on the D supposed to be charged
enough to run continuously when the mode switch is on MAX and the
fans on HIGH? and then only cycle when the mode switch is on Normal
or Bi Level and/or the fan switch is set to a lower speed? I've been
getting conflicting reports. Right now I'm running Freeze-12 in my
system and have charged it to run about 38psi low/175psi high at
idle. At 3000rpm it runs 29-30psi low and 220psi high. Since it
doesn't drop below 25psi at 3000 rpm, the clutch never cycles off
when the settings are on MAX. If i kick the settings down in the car,
it starts cycling. Is this correct? (BTW, Freeze-12 works VERY well.
im getting about 38 degrees F out the vents.)

Date: Fri, 11 Jun 2004 11:49:14 -0700 (PDT)
From: Rod Dillman <rhdillman_at_dml_yahoo.com>

A Sharpie permanent marker (black) is great to cover up small paint scratches or edge   wearing on the rear louver. Once it dries, finish it off with what ever treatment you use on the louver.

Gary Hull <Specialty_at_dml_IN2TIME.com> wrote:You could try using an orange "Sharpie" permanent marker.
Most large office supply stores should carry them. Or...
http://www.buyonlinenow.com/viewproduct.asp?sku=san30006

I just tried a red one on a piece of clear plastic and it went on very
uniformly.

I'm not sure how permanent it would be in this application, but let us know
how well it works if you try it.

Gary
IN2TIME

Date: Fri, 11 Jun 2004 14:39:53 -0500
From: "James Espey" <james_at_dml_usadmc.com>
Subject: Caravan to Pigeon Forge with DMC (Texas)!

Departing DMC (Texas) on Wednesday June 16th at 8:00am

Heading east on I-10 to Baton Rouge, LA, connecting to I-12 to Slidell, LA
and then I-59 North to Birmingham, Alabama where we will spend the night.
Thursday morning we'll set off up I-59 towards Chattanooga, and while we
"lose" an hour with the time difference, with just about 300 miles driving,
we'll still be at the show in plenty of time!

Send me an email at james(at)delorean.com if you want more details...

James

------------------------------------
DeLorean Motor Company
Vice President
james_at_dml_delorean.com
15023 Eddie Drive
Humble, Texas 77396 USA
tel: 800/872-3621
tel2:281/441-2537
fax: 281/441-2813

Date: Fri, 11 Jun 2004 20:02:08 -0000
From: "johnzd81" <johnzd81_at_dml_yahoo.com>
Subject: Idle speed searching

Hello,
    Just got around to replacing my air filter with a K & N style
filter (from Special T) and now the idle is erratic when I first
start the car.  It goes from about 700 to 1000 rpm for about 3
minutes, then levels out rock solid at 900.  I don't see any hoses
off, or cracked etc... and the idle was a solid 900 before the air
filter replacement.

Thanks
VIN1674