From: <dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com>
To: <dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com>
Subject: [DML] Digest Number 2067
Date: Monday, June 14, 2004 6:42 PM

There is 1 message in this issue.

Topics in this digest:

1. Re: Wanted: Completely different brake setup
From: "therealdmcvegas" <dmcvegas_at_dml_cox.net>

Message: 1
Date: Mon, 14 Jun 2004 21:33:34 -0000
From: "therealdmcvegas" <dmcvegas_at_dml_cox.net>
Subject: Re: Wanted: Completely different brake setup

Another thing that I do when changing brakes is I drench the rotors,
and calipers with Brākleen untill ALL dirt and grime are off. Then
take 80 grit sandpaper to the discs to scuff them up, remove glaze,
and help break the pads in. Then spray them down again to clean off
any dust. Place some cardboard underneath the brakes while working to
avoid a mess.

When installing new pads, I stick the anti-squeal shims on, and
slather the backs of the pads with anti-squeal grease. And then I
install the pads with the anti-rattle springs. Back pads on my car I
have found don't need the spring clips, or shims. But every car is
different out there.