From: <dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com>
To: <dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com>
Subject: [DML] Digest Number 2069
Date: Tuesday, June 15, 2004 8:25 PM

1. RE: An Electric DeLorean?
From: "Michael C. Babb" <michael_at_dml_babbtechnology.com>

2. Re: Caravan to PF from NJ/PA... (Dan RC30)
From: "content22207" <brobertson_at_dml_carolina.net>

3. Re: Wanted: Completely different brake setup
From: Christian Williams <delorean_at_dml_framezero.com>

4. more Pigeon Forge questions
From: Eric Itzel <eric_at_dml_seviernet.com>

5. Re: insurance questions - Setting the record straight
From: "ryanpwright" <yahoo1_at_dml_ryanwright.com>

6. Flying into Knoxville, anyone want to help me?
From: "Tamir Ardon" <tamir_at_dml_entermyworld.com>

7. RE: Re: Caravan to PF from NJ/PA... (Dan RC30)
From: "David Silek" <dsilek_at_dml_msn.com>

8. RE: Constantly blowing the #1 fuse... help please
From: Jan van de Wouw <delorean_at_dml_home.nl>

9. Re: Digest Number 2064
From: "Bill Lane" <blane_at_dml_triad.rr.com>

Message: 1
Date: Tue, 15 Jun 2004 12:50:43 -0400
From: "Michael C. Babb" <michael_at_dml_babbtechnology.com>
Subject: RE: An Electric DeLorean?

More pictures of said "Electric DeLorean" are available on
http://www.tilleyfoundation.com/vehicle.htm

Interesting reading if nothing else.

Date: Tue, 15 Jun 2004 18:26:08 -0000
From: "content22207" <brobertson_at_dml_carolina.net>
Subject: Re: Caravan to PF from NJ/PA... (Dan RC30)

What time do you anticipate passing junction of I-66 and I-81? (Approx
120 miles from junction of I-81 and I-78)

>--- In dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com, "Dan RC30" <danrc30_at_dml_h...> wrote:
> Thanks to Rob and his mechanic Pat at PJ Grady, I'll be going to PF.
My A/C is now pumping strong! Looks like I'll be leaving early
Thursday morning to drive straight to PF. I'll be taking 78 to 81 all
the way down. Anyone want to join me?

Date: Tue, 15 Jun 2004 13:15:53 -0700 (PDT)
From: Christian Williams <delorean_at_dml_framezero.com>
Subject: Re: Wanted: Completely different brake setup

My rears squeak most when cold, actually. I haven't tried replacing the
parking brake cables. If these aren't allowing the parking brake calipers
to expand, I suppose that makes sense that they're loud when cold (because
they're still pressed - at least somewhat against the rotors). After
driving, it gets a bit better (as the pads move away from the rotors more
I'm guessing).

I'll try replacing the cables and oiling the parking brake mechanism.

I've got kevlar pads on the front brakes, which have been pretty good
until lately.

-Christian

Date: Tue, 15 Jun 2004 09:29:45 -0400
From: Eric Itzel <eric_at_dml_seviernet.com>
Subject: more Pigeon Forge questions

Hey Everybody

Well, I guess everyone is packing, preparing maps, and double checking
that last minute repair/tune on their car as Pigeon Forge approaches. If
anyone has any last minute questions, or if they need some area
information/navigation tips, feel free to contact me. I live in the
Pigeon Forge area and know it well.

My cell # is 865-850-5777, and my email address is eric_at_dml_seviernet.com
<mailto:eric_at_dml_seviernet.com> .

I hope everyone has a safe drive and I'm looking forward to the show
this weekend.

Eric Itzel

Date: Tue, 15 Jun 2004 21:40:32 -0000
From: "ryanpwright" <yahoo1_at_dml_ryanwright.com>
Subject: Re: insurance questions - Setting the record straight

James,

>> Buy Collector car insurance, it's cheaper and better.

Cheaper, but is it really better for those of us who drive our cars often?

Example: I'm with State Farm. Full coverage, 50/100/10, $500 collision
$100 comprehensive deductibles. $450 / 6 months. I just checked with
Hagerty and it's less than half: $400 / year. No milage restrictions
but they said you can NOT drive the car to work, or on errands, etc. I
was told that if I file a claim and they find that I drove more than
5,000 miles in the last year they will want some pretty good evidence
as to why I was driving it so much. If someone hits the car in your
work parking lot, they won't pay, etc.

That just doesn't work. I didn't buy a DeLorean to take it out every
third Sunday, and a few times per year for club events. I drive mine
to work, to the grocery store, etc. I'll probably put 10k miles on it
per year. And why not? I bought it to drive. I don't have fun looking
at it in the garage (well, maybe just a little ;) ).

Does anyone offer reasonably priced collector car insurance with
agreed upon values for people like me? I've looked but I can't find it.

-Ryan

--- In dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com, "James LaLonde" <deloreandmcxii_at_dml_e...>

Date: Tue, 15 Jun 2004 17:33:04 -0500
From: "Tamir Ardon" <tamir_at_dml_entermyworld.com>
Subject: Flying into Knoxville, anyone want to help me?

Hi list,

Anyone driving by Knoxville Thursday morning and want to swing by and pick
me up from the airport?  If I can avoid renting a car, that would be great.
I am getting in at 10 AM, and won't have much luggage, so an open seat in a
DeLorean would be just fine.

Please email me at ardont (at) yahoo.com if this is a possibility.  I will
definitely buy you a drink later, and give you good stories for the hour car
ride down to Pigeon Forge.  :)

Thanks,
Tamir
http://www.entermyworld.com

Date: Tue, 15 Jun 2004 15:28:41 -0700
From: "David Silek" <dsilek_at_dml_msn.com>
Subject: RE: Re: Caravan to PF from NJ/PA... (Dan RC30)

I live in Front Royal, where I-66 and I-81 meet.  If you all would like, I
would love to meet up with everyone.  Once upon a time, my Dad had 20 D's in
our yard for a picnic and poker tour...

You can reach me at 571-334-3463 if you all would like to meet up.

DeLorean Regards,
David

__________________
David W. Silek

"Truth is incontrovertible, malice may attack it and ignorance may deride
it, but, in the end, there it is." --Sir Winston Churchill (1874-1965).

Date: Tue, 15 Jun 2004 23:41:09 +0200
From: Jan van de Wouw <delorean_at_dml_home.nl>
Subject: RE: Constantly blowing the #1 fuse... help please

On Tue, 15 Jun 2004 08:10:21 -0500, John Hervey wrote:

> Joe, Reading the diagram, #1 fuse supplies power to # 8 fuse
> and # 2 fuse. So what you have have is a fuse protecting a
> fuse. #2 and # 8 are mostly tied into the lights.

I can see why you think this is the case, but it is not...
Look again, and you'll see that #8 and #2 are fed from the
Lights Master Switch (switch BEFORE fuse, WHY did they do that!?)

The #1 Fuse protects the Warm Up Regulator, Ignition Control Unit
and Idle Speed Regulator. I'm no buff on the Warm Up Regulator,
but doesn't it contain a wire that tends to burn up?
Possibly shorting to ground??? I'm not sure, but seem to remember
something like that coming up on the list from time to time...

JAN van de Wouw

Thinking Different...   Using a Mac...

#05141 "Dagger" since Sept. 2000
--------------------------------

Date: Tue, 15 Jun 2004 18:09:28 -0400
From: "Bill Lane" <blane_at_dml_triad.rr.com>
Subject: Re: Digest Number 2064

In installing the BAE Turbo unit on the Delorean, you must kill the
secondary advance by physically bending the weight so that it won't move.
You were smart to mark everything before disassemby because the only way I
know to determine which is the secondary advance is to spin the dist. to
5000 rpms on a dist. machine.  These are really rare to find these days
since nobody uses them anymore.

Bill Lane