From: <dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com>
To: <dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com>
Subject: [DML] Digest Number 2070
Date: Wednesday, June 16, 2004 10:36 PM

1. looking for DMC floor mats
From: "Marvin" <marv_at_dml_printeddrinkware.com>

2. Rear Louver
From: jimbo0946_at_dml_aol.com

3. Re: Re: Vendors and Support (volunteers)
From: kKoncelik_at_dml_aol.com

4. Re: BAE Turbo and distributor timing
From: "fgdavison" <fgdavison_at_dml_yahoo.com>

5. Eibach springs
From: AdamRayVaughn_at_dml_aol.com

6. Re: Re: Caravan to PF from NJ/PA... (Dan RC30)
From: "Hank" <henry_at_dml_ix.netcom.com>

7. Re: insurance questions - Setting the record straight
From: "James LaLonde" <deloreandmcxii_at_dml_excite.com>

8. Re: Constantly blowing the #1 fuse... help please
From: "therealdmcvegas" <dmcvegas_at_dml_cox.net>

9. RE: Re: insurance questions - Setting the record straight
From: "Ancira Internet Department" <alex_at_dml_ancira.com>

10. Re: looking for DMC floor mats
From: PRC1216_at_dml_aol.com

11. Re: Constantly blowing the #1 fuse... help please
From: "Joe OBrien" <joeyoseppijoe_at_dml_yahoo.com>

12. SALE OF VIN 2743 1981 AUTO 38M MILES
From: "delor_01" <JOHN.JORDAN_at_dml_ED.GOV>

13. CARAVAN TO PIGEON FORGE
From: "delor_01" <JOHN.JORDAN_at_dml_ED.GOV>

14. Re: Caravan to PF from NJ/PA... (David Silek)
From: "content22207" <brobertson_at_dml_carolina.net>

15. Re: Flying into Knoxville, anyone want to help me?
From: deloreanss_at_dml_aol.com

16. Heater Not Working
From: "thebrave65" <johnnysher1_at_dml_cox.net>

17. Re: Heater Not Working
From: "David Teitelbaum" <jtrealty_at_dml_webspan.net>

18. Re: Three brass screws (Please help, I broke my car)
From: "ryanpwright" <yahoo1_at_dml_ryanwright.com>

19. Re: insurance questions - Setting the record straight
From: "ryanpwright" <yahoo1_at_dml_ryanwright.com>

20. Moderating This Weekend
From: mike.griese_at_dml_worldnet.att.net

21. Zachary DeLorean
From: Mark Fearer <mfearer_at_dml_mail.fearernet.com>

Message: 1
Date: Tue, 15 Jun 2004 18:25:27 -0400
From: "Marvin" <marv_at_dml_printeddrinkware.com>
Subject: looking for DMC floor mats

Anyone going to Pigeon Forge have a pair of grey DeLorean front mats they wish to sell?
I should be really easy to find there, driving a stainless steel car!
License "18 AGIN" (Ontario plates) / raised white letters on the tires.

Marv.
# 17077
marv_at_dml_printeddrinkware.com

Date: Tue, 15 Jun 2004 20:28:18 -0400
From: jimbo0946_at_dml_aol.com
Subject: Rear Louver

Sorry for putting this on the board, but my emails got deleted by mistake.....

Could the person who is selling a rear louver for $300 please contact me.

Thanks,
Jim Carroll
Jimbo0946_at_dml_aol.com

Date: Tue, 15 Jun 2004 21:32:27 EDT
From: kKoncelik_at_dml_aol.com
Subject: Re: Re: Vendors and Support (volunteers)

thanks

You also have a bit of a refund so make sure you get it at registration its
paperclipped to your ID tag

Date: Wed, 16 Jun 2004 00:12:30 -0000
From: "fgdavison" <fgdavison_at_dml_yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: BAE Turbo and distributor timing

I thank everyone for their comments regarding the ignition system.  I
have ordered a new coil, cables, rotor, cap and plugs and will see if
that improves things.  I did notice a slight difference when I
bypassed the J&S box (which is an early analog model) and the timing
light showed about a 1-2 degree advance at idle when I removed it.  A
mechanic friend suggested I also check the catalytic converter too as
it may be partially clogged.  I'll let you know how it works out.

Regards,

Fred Davison

Date: Tue, 15 Jun 2004 22:21:17 EDT
From: AdamRayVaughn_at_dml_aol.com
Subject: Eibach springs

Does anyone know exactly how much lower the Eibach springs are than the stock
delorean springs?

        Thanks dudes,

                            Adam

Date: Tue, 15 Jun 2004 19:37:37 -0700
From: "Hank" <henry_at_dml_ix.netcom.com>
Subject: Re: Re: Caravan to PF from NJ/PA... (Dan RC30)

Bill and David,

Here is our scheduled itinerary.

http://eskin.net/delorean/pf.htm

We get there about 1:30 plus/minus one hour.   If you are joining us to go to PF, I'm sure we can stop to meet you.  If you're just wanting to meet up with the group as we pass though,  I don't think we will have time for an extra stop - we are pretty hard pressed to make it to PF in one day (and at a reasonable hour).    I am unlikely to check email or the DML again before we start tomorrow AM, so feel free to call me en-route on my cell phone at 617-285-9790.

-Hank

Date: Wed, 16 Jun 2004 03:10:59 -0000
From: "James LaLonde" <deloreandmcxii_at_dml_excite.com>
Subject: Re: insurance questions - Setting the record straight

Ryan and list,

As I said,
Yes there are such beasts out there.
Aon Collector Car Insurance co. Know full well I drive my DeLorean
to work a few times a week, and have absolutly NO mileage
limitations.
Being that I love to "stick it to the man" - I highly doubt Haggerty
includes such provisions in there policy wording, and I doubt too
that most state swould let them restrict coverage based on your
destination. But I have spoke with the as well and they do perport
to have such restricts - i've never read their policy.
One requirement Aon does have is that everyone in the Household have
a "normal" car.

They are strict in some other regards, such as driving history
lenght and caliber.. and while I have just signed up with them -
thus far I am pleased.
Like I said, I don't care what your agent told you- your coverage
with State Farm is Actual Cash Value and is in no way guarenteed to
pay any certain amount.

-Seeya all in PF!!
James LaLonde 004009

Date: Wed, 16 Jun 2004 00:31:33 -0000
From: "therealdmcvegas" <dmcvegas_at_dml_cox.net>
Subject: Re: Constantly blowing the #1 fuse... help please

Had that happen to me a couple of blocks from home. A loose wire that
had burned it's insulation inside the CPR. Every time I'd turn right,
the thing would sway out, ground itself, and blow fuse #1. Unplugging
the electrical connector of course would be the way to test this as a
posability.

I don't think it's a common failure. Various incects chewing, and
nesting inside were the downfall of my Warm-up Regulator...

Date: Tue, 15 Jun 2004 22:57:01 -0500
From: "Ancira Internet Department" <alex_at_dml_ancira.com>

Hagerty was the only one I found that would insure me since I have not
been licensed for at least 10 years. I am 25, and until I turn 26 I cant
get insurance anywhere else.

Alex Wolf
Internet Manager
Ancira Auto Groups
210-231-4214
210-681-4900

Date: Wed, 16 Jun 2004 01:09:44 EDT
From: PRC1216_at_dml_aol.com
Subject: Re: looking for DMC floor mats

On another note, I have a set of very nice black floor mats (bought from
DMCH) that are less than a year old.   If anyone has a grey set equally as nice
out of a non-smoker's car, I would be willing to trade.   Track me down at the
show, or shoot an email to PRC1216(at)aol.com to plan in advance.

Patrick
1880
Ohio Plate "PATS DMC"

Date: Wed, 16 Jun 2004 09:07:06 -0000
From: "Joe OBrien" <joeyoseppijoe_at_dml_yahoo.com>

Well, some success so far, I managed to get it started by unplugging
the vacuum solenoid, moved it out of the garage to work on it in
better light, and before I hit the end of the driveway I heard
the "pop" of the #1 fuse again, that was all she wrote, dead again.

Now with the vacuum solenoid unplugged it STILL blows the #1 fuse
now just as before, as soon as I turn the key to acc. Do you have
another suggestion to try to get this somewhat driveable long enough
to get on a trailer? Thanks Martin, and anyone else with a
suggestion they may have.

I have until about 10pm eastern time to get it running before I
depart for PF, and I'd hate to not participate in the concours
because of a damn tempermental fuse. And it just started this
yesterday too, so I haven't had much diagnosis time either.

Thanks everyone,

Joe O'Brien

2524 & 16634

Try unplugging the vacuum solenoid behind the metering head. This
can go

Date: Wed, 16 Jun 2004 12:59:49 -0000
From: "delor_01" <JOHN.JORDAN_at_dml_ED.GOV>
Subject: SALE OF VIN 2743 1981 AUTO 38M MILES

DUE TO MY SECOND CHILD ENTERING COLLEGE, I AM FORCED INTO SELLING MY D
PRIOR TO LISTING OF EBAY, I AM LISTING WITH DML. INTERESTED PARTIES
CAN CONTACT JOHN FOR INFORMATION.

1981 AUTO IN UPGRADED CONDITION:
UPGRADES:
NEW CUSTOM SEATS-NEW GOODYEAR TIRES-REFINISHED ALL WHEELS
REPLACED ALL CIRCUIT BREAKERS AND FUSES
COMPLETE TUNE UP/WIRES/DISTRIBUTOR/ROTOR ECT
INSTALLED NEW T ROOF AND DOOR HEAD LINERS-STEEL DOOR HANDLES
NEW INNER DOOR SEALS-PAINTED WINDSHIELD TOP TRIM PANEL
NEW REMOTE MIRROR SWITCH-NEW R/H EXTERIOR MIRROR
NEW COLD START VALVE-NEW IDLE SPEED CONTROL SWITCH
NEW ACCELERATOR CABLE AND STOP-NEW CONSOLE WINDOW SWITCH
REPLACED LEAKING MANIFOLD GASKET-PAINTED FRONT FACIA
CLEANED AND INSTALLED 3 NEW FUEL INJECTORS-NEW FUEL PUMP
NEW REAR L/H =R/H SHOCK ABSORBER KIT-NEW 94amp ALTERNATOR
NEW GABRIEL REAR SHOCKS-REHUILT L/R HAND REAR CALIPERS
REBUILT FRONT BRAKE CALIPERS-REBUILT LOWER ARM SPRING HOLDER
REPLACED FRON WHEEL BEARING-REPLACED THERMAL VACUME VALVE
STEERING RACK AND ARMS REPLACED-NEW BRASS RADIATOR-STABILIZER BAR
LAMBDA RELAY-R/H WINDOW REGULATOR-OIL SENDER-HORNS-NEW HOSES
OXYGEN SENSOR-NEW CAT / MUFFLER / STARTER HEAT SHIELDS-
NEW LOW BEAM LIGHTS-NEW HOOD SEAL-TRUNK SAFTY RELEASE-A/C BELT
DISTRIBUTOR FUEL LINE-AIR BLEED HOSE-NEW SUNSCREEN / HOOD STRUTS
UPPER BALL JOINTS-ENGINE VENT COVER-TRUNK CARPET BOARD-VALVE COVER
GASKETS-TIMING COVER GASKET / LIP SEAL-TEMP GAGE SENDER-
WATER PUMP W/PULLET-FUEL ACCUMULATOR-NEW FUEL CELL-

AS YOU CAN SEE THERE HAS BEEN EXTENSIVE REHAB TO THE CAR. I HAVE
REMOVED THE RADIO IN PREP TO REPLACE BUT HAVE NOT DONE SO YET. I HAVE
THE OLD RADIO. IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS CONTACT ME OFFLINE.
I WILL LIST ON EBAY FOR 20M OBO
THANKS

Date: Wed, 16 Jun 2004 13:03:49 -0000
From: "delor_01" <JOHN.JORDAN_at_dml_ED.GOV>
Subject: CARAVAN TO PIGEON FORGE

Hello:

do we have anyone coming through GA to Pigeon Forge?

looking for fellow travelers.

re

Date: Wed, 16 Jun 2004 06:15:30 -0000
From: "content22207" <brobertson_at_dml_carolina.net>
Subject: Re: Caravan to PF from NJ/PA... (David Silek)

Are you going to Pigeon Forge too, or just offering your place as a
rendezvous point?

I'm driving down Thursday, so the big Northeast caravan (Wednesday)
isn't an option.

Am not opposed to driving alone, but from past experience it is
definitely more fun in a group.

Date: Wed, 16 Jun 2004 11:39:01 -0400
From: deloreanss_at_dml_aol.com
Subject: Re: Flying into Knoxville, anyone want to help me?

Tamir,

email me off list with the details and I will be happy to pick you up. I live near by the airport and will be heading to the hotel early for registration.

John Weaver
ETDOC
DeLoreanSS_at_dml_aol.com

Date: Wed, 16 Jun 2004 17:35:31 -0000
From: "thebrave65" <johnnysher1_at_dml_cox.net>
Subject: Heater Not Working

I know it's summer, and I live in Arizona, but since I am replacing
my radiator and fushing the system out, now is a good time to fix
this.

The fans blow properly in the footwell but no heat.

How do I check to see if anything is wrong with the heater core?
Visual inspection?  I know where the hoses are that lead into/out of
it but not much more.

I have already flushed out the system and had clear water rinsing out
the header bottle in both directions, but I'm not sure if I need to
do anything extra for the heater.

Johnny

Date: Wed, 16 Jun 2004 18:44:02 -0000
From: "David Teitelbaum" <jtrealty_at_dml_webspan.net>
Subject: Re: Heater Not Working

Check that the hoses are connected both in the front at the heater
core and in the rear to the engine. It is possible that someone
disconnected the heater and bypassed it. Also check the heater valve
that it opens and closes. The heater is "supposed" to be on all the
time EXCEPT when on "MAX". You should feel the hoses get hot when the
motor is running. It is also possible that the heater core is plugged
up. Remove the right front wheel, disconnect the hoses to the heater
and try to flush water through it. When flushing a system I try to
flush each major part separately ie, the heater core by itself, the
radiator by itself, and the motor by itself. This way I don't push the
junk from one place into another.

Date: Wed, 16 Jun 2004 18:18:23 -0000
From: "ryanpwright" <yahoo1_at_dml_ryanwright.com>
Subject: Re: Three brass screws (Please help, I broke my car)

David,

Thank you for the response. I have sealed the vaccumn leaks (there
were disconnected hoses), the brass screws are all closed and the car
is running much better now. I still would like to check the timing,
mechanical advance, and vacuumn advance. I already have a procedure
for the timing - where can I find the proper procedure for setting the
other two?

Thank you again,

-Ryan

Date: Wed, 16 Jun 2004 18:38:50 -0000
From: "ryanpwright" <yahoo1_at_dml_ryanwright.com>

James,

Aon looks great. I just called them and they will be ready to provide
insurance in my state within the next two weeks or so. One thing she
did say was, "Well, if you drive it to work once in awhile, that would
be OK. Maybe 5 or 6 times a year. But we don't really like to see that
happening all the time."

Of course, with no milage or destination restrictions, it seems like
that's just their "advice" and that, according to the policy, I can
just about do whatever I darn well please.

> One requirement Aon does have is that everyone in the Household have
> a "normal" car.

Currently this is true for me, but within the next few months I'll
have sold my other vehicle and will only have the two: My 2000 Montero
and my DeLorean. My wife is a stay at home mother, though, and she
only uses the truck a couple of times a week to take the kids places.
The rest of the time it's mine (when I'm not driving the DeLorean).
What happens if I sell my third vehicle and just don't inform them? If
I have a claim can they come back and say, "Well, you violated our
policy, so we're not paying"?

> Like I said, I don't care what your agent told you- your coverage
> with State Farm is Actual Cash Value and is in no way guarenteed to
> pay any certain amount.

Right, this is one of the reasons I want to get rid of them (on the
DeLorean, anyway). The fact that collector car insurance is half
price, well, that's just a bonus. ;)

Date: Wed, 16 Jun 2004 20:38:28 +0000
From: mike.griese_at_dml_worldnet.att.net
Subject: Moderating This Weekend

Just a heads up to the DML community.  Most of the moderators
are headed to Pigeon Forge for the event this weekend.  The
rest of us (that would be me) are attending the USGP in
Indianapolis Friday through Sunday, so expect to see
delays in messages getting through.  I should be able to
check the list early morning and late evening starting
Thursday night, and if the cell traffic at the track isn't
too bad, I might be able to moderate through my phone.

Mike G - moderator of the week

Date: Wed, 16 Jun 2004 16:44:35 -0400 (EDT)
From: Mark Fearer <mfearer_at_dml_mail.fearernet.com>
Subject: Zachary DeLorean

Does anyone know whatever became of Zachary DeLorean, John and Christina's
son and Katherine's brother?