From: <dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com>
To: <dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com>
Subject: [DML] Digest Number 2073
Date: Saturday, June 19, 2004 2:11 PM

1. Re: Sandpaper
From: "therealdmcvegas" <dmcvegas_at_dml_cox.net>

2. Re: Pictures are Awesome from DeLorean Car Show 2004 - Pigeon Forge Tennessee
From: "Richard" <dmc_driver_at_dml_yahoo.ca>

3. Re: Legends turbo and frame
From: "Richard" <dmc_driver_at_dml_yahoo.ca>

Message: 1
Date: Fri, 18 Jun 2004 20:19:00 -0000
From: "therealdmcvegas" <dmcvegas_at_dml_cox.net>
Subject: Re: Sandpaper

Yes, it can be quite tiring to redo the finish on the entire car.
Waxing is allot easier, since you move your arms in a cirular motion,
which is much more natural, as compared to stiffining up your muscles,
when trying to rub the panels in a straight line to keep with the
grain.

However, there is somthing here that I forgot to ask you. Why are you
sanding the panels on your car? The only time that you need to sand
the stainless is if you have a deep enought scratch, or blemish of
some sort that won't come out with the blending pad by itself.
Otherwise, if you start hitting those panels with diffferent grits of
sandpaper, you will indeed change the appearance of the sheen, and
make your car look different.

Myself, I don't use Windex, just old fashioned car wash soap WITHOUT
any wax, or protectant additives. But I do take an extra step that
I've never heard of anyone else here on the list mention. I strip the
stainless steel. If you need to remove any soap scum/wax/other
deposits stuck in the stainless, a small spray bottle of Simple Green,
and some rags works very well. Hard water stains can easily be
stripped off with som SS Polish. These steps will work very well for
cleaning/stripping the stainless. You really do need to consider doing
this every so often. Ever been in a store where they polish the
floors, but never strip them? It's like clearcoating dirt. You
preserve the mess underneath, and kill the shine. But other than
repairing scratches, this is the ONLY time that I hit the finish on
the car with a blending pad.

Now, if you want a bright shine, without attracting dust, and keeping
finger print to a minimum, there is a way. A dirty bath towel. I have
found that by drying my car with a dirty towel, it ends up depositing
my own body oils onto the car. This gives is a good shine, and any
finger prints that you may encounter don't show up as well, since the
oil from peoples' fingers blends in with the body oil that is already
on the car. Rather than clashing with bare metal, or disturbing
oil/polish on the surface, which makes things more obvious.

Kinda gross I know, but it works quite well at keeping the longevity
of the car's shine. Plus, it makes it easier to clean, rather than
just bare metal. Dirt comes off easier.

--- In dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com, "Ancira Internet Department"

Date: Sat, 19 Jun 2004 00:05:17 -0000
From: "Richard" <dmc_driver_at_dml_yahoo.ca>
Subject: Re: Pictures are Awesome from DeLorean Car Show 2004 - Pigeon Forge Tennessee

--- In dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com, "Frank" <delorean_at_dml_g...> wrote:
> So far the pictures are fantastic! Look forward to seeing more.
> Thanks for sharing with us who are stuck at home...
>
> Frank
>
> http://www.frankguhlin.com/delorean.html

Yeah, I'm one of those who is stuck at home.  I will be sulking all
weekend!  At least my car is there at the show, the raffle car.  lol!

Richard

Date: Sat, 19 Jun 2004 00:13:17 -0000
From: "Richard" <dmc_driver_at_dml_yahoo.ca>
Subject: Re: Legends turbo and frame

--- In dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com, "Kramer" <jettaman95_at_dml_y...> wrote:
> Dear List,
>   Although by this time many of you are gone to PF and enjoying the
> car show. I have always wondered what happened to the experiments the
> the orginal Delorean builders did. When I read the Stainless Steel
> Illusion book. It showed a picture of a (twin?) turbo Delorean
> engine. It also showed a photo of a stainless steel frame saying that
> they wanted to put them in the cars but they were too expensive. What
> happened to the steel frame and the legends turbo?
>   You guys may see the turbo car but just curious about that frame.
>     Wish I was at PF,
>        Kramer
>        ~10610

DMC went bankrupt before the turbo or the S.S frame made it to
production.  However you can still get a stainless steel frame for
your DeLorean at http://www.pearce-design.com/
I wish I was at PF too.

Richard Rowe