From: <dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com>
To: <dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com>
Subject: [DML] Digest Number 2074
Date: Sunday, June 20, 2004 3:25 PM

1. Delorean Interior Parts
From: "doki_pen" <doki_pen_at_dml_yahoo.com>

2. Re: Re: Sandpaper
From: ComposerZelgadis_at_dml_aol.com

3. Re: Looking for Delorean Manual
From: deloreanernst_at_dml_aol.com

4. Re: Legends turbo and frame
From: Paul Gress <pgress_at_dml_optonline.net>

5. Re: Re: Pictures are Awesome from DeLorean Car Show 2004 - Pigeon Forge Tennessee
From: Specialty_at_dml_IN2TIME.com

6. Re: Sandpaper
From: "therealdmcvegas" <dmcvegas_at_dml_cox.net>

7. fuel pump
From: "andy" <andydandy777_at_dml_aol.com>

8. RE: Re: Pictures are Awesome from DeLorean Car Show 2004 - Pigeon Forge Tennessee
From: "Kevin Abato" <delorean_at_dml_abato.net>

Message: 1
Date: Sat, 19 Jun 2004 05:24:33 -0000
From: "doki_pen" <doki_pen_at_dml_yahoo.com>
Subject: Delorean Interior Parts

Hi everyone, how's it going? I'm looking for some interior pieces
for my D.  In particular I am looking for a good, clear piece of
plastic that goes in front of the instruments, mine has gotten
smoky.  Another piece I am looking for is the passenger side knee
bolster in gray.  The leather in mine got a little hole poked in
it.  It's not big, but it would be cool to replace it.  If anyone
can help me find these pieces I would greatly appreciate it.

Jon

Date: Sat, 19 Jun 2004 02:06:43 EDT
From: ComposerZelgadis_at_dml_aol.com
Subject: Re: Re: Sandpaper

Damn, dawg.  That is nasty.  LOL!

Though I will say that it sounds like it would work in theory.  Also,  keep
in mind that after you did use said method, fingerprints wouldn't be an  issue
anyway: who the hell in their right mind would wanna touch that car?   ;)

LOL just some food for thought.

A very clever idea as far as I'm concerned.  Though I think I'll stick  to
carrying a bottle of Windex around.

Date: Sat, 19 Jun 2004 02:33:08 EDT
From: deloreanernst_at_dml_aol.com
Subject: Re: Looking for Delorean Manual

In a message dated 6/14/2004 8:42:19 AM Eastern Standard Time,
sand131_at_dml_aol.com writes:
I bought a complete set of 7 Dealer Manuals in 85 from a former dealer in the
Chicago area. Included is a black Binder titled "Suggested Warranty Repair
Times Manual" I think this is what you want. I don't know where you can get
one.
I have one or two to spare if anyone is interested.
Wayne

Date: Fri, 18 Jun 2004 22:12:10 -0500
From: Paul Gress <pgress_at_dml_optonline.net>
Subject: Re: Legends turbo and frame

Kramer wrote:

>What
>happened to the steel frame and the legends turbo?

PJ Grady has two, bringing vin 502 to PF, having just finished restoring it.

Date: Sat, 19 Jun 2004 11:28:29 -0400
From: Specialty_at_dml_IN2TIME.com
Subject: Re: Re: Pictures are Awesome from DeLorean Car Show 2004 - Pigeon Forge Tennessee

I'm glad you like the pictures:
http://www.deloreancarshow.com/dcs-2004/index.html

The location for DCS 06 has been announced, and the main site banner has been
updated to reflect this:
http://www.deloreancarshow.com

For any of you who put the DCS-04 Banner on your sites using the code provided,
the new DCS-06 banner will already be on your site !!!!!

For those of you who don't have the banner yet, go to:
http://www.deloreancarshow.com/dcs-2004-banner.htm

Gary
IN2TIME

Date: Sun, 20 Jun 2004 00:44:51 -0000
From: "therealdmcvegas" <dmcvegas_at_dml_cox.net>
Subject: Re: Sandpaper

Not the nastiest thing that's ever happened to my car. True story, and
I actually have a witness. Customers used to come to the building
where I work to pay their bills, and my car was at the front of the
employee parking lot. So sometimes when people wandered back there
looking for parking spots, they would happen upon my car, and stop to
take a look at it. But a couple of years ago, I finished my shift
durring a typical, 120F+ day, with my car parked all day right
out in
the sun. To my horror, I discovered that sometime durring the day, a
child had run up to my car, and placed their full hand on my fender.
And had apparently been so badly burned, that the kid had left behind
pieces of skin stuck to my car! To hell with finger prints, I could
have read this kids palm. YUCK!

Needless to say, I drove home, soaked the dead tissue with simple
green, rubbed it off with an old rag (that I threw away of course),
and hit the panel with the blending pad. I can only imagine the pain
that little kid must have felt. I guess my car fought back against
someone for once... But I still puzzle over this debate over what was
worse. The fact that I child was injured by touching my car? Or the
fact that the kid was cursed with idiot parents that let him/her learn
the hard way to keep their hands to themselves? In any case, I stopped
worrying about people touching my car after that. I know that any
figer prints that I find represent someone whose met with a nasty
surprise.

--- In dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com, ComposerZelgadis_at_dml_a... wrote:
> Damn, dawg.  That is nasty.  LOL!
>
> Though I will say that it sounds like it would work in theory.
Also,  keep
> in mind that after you did use said method, fingerprints wouldn't be
an  issue
> anyway: who the hell in their right mind would wanna touch that car?
  ;)

Date: Sun, 20 Jun 2004 01:05:45 -0000
From: "andy" <andydandy777_at_dml_aol.com>
Subject: fuel pump

I have installed a new fuel pump and I am not getting any 12v power
to it, I checked the fuse and it is fine, but with a test light I
can see that I have no power coming into the pump, can anyone advise
me what to check?

Date: Sun, 20 Jun 2004 07:51:48 -0400
From: "Kevin Abato" <delorean_at_dml_abato.net>

Yes!  I also am happy to be able to see pics of the show that we were
unable to attend!  :)