From: <dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com>
To: <dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com>
Subject: [DML] Digest Number 2075
Date: Monday, June 21, 2004 12:53 PM

1. Re: fuel pump
From: "David Teitelbaum" <jtrealty_at_dml_webspan.net>

2. Raffle Car
From: "Brian McCool" <bjmccool_at_dml_comcast.net>

3. Re: fuel pump
From: "therealdmcvegas" <dmcvegas_at_dml_cox.net>

4. Re: Raffle Car
From: Bob Brandys <BobB_at_dml_safety-epa.com>

5. Re: DCS 2004
From: Bob Brandys <BobB_at_dml_safety-epa.com>

6. RE: Raffle Car
From: "Kevin Abato" <delorean_at_dml_abato.net>

7. Re: Raffle Car
From: kKoncelik_at_dml_aol.com

8. Re: Pictures are Awesome from DeLorean Car Show 2004 - Pigeon Forge Tennessee
From: "freakybeetle" <freakybeetle_at_dml_hotmail.com>

9. Re: Legends turbo and frame
From: Marc Levy <malevy_nj_at_dml_yahoo.com>

10. DMCH New Interior
From: "erikgeerdink" <erikgeerdink_at_dml_yahoo.com>

11. Re: DCS 2004
From: kKoncelik_at_dml_aol.com

12. Re: Zachary DeLorean
From: kKoncelik_at_dml_aol.com

13. Re: Raffle Car
From: kKoncelik_at_dml_aol.com

14. Re: Re: Sandpaper
From: ComposerZelgadis_at_dml_aol.com

15. VIN 3092 on ebay!
From: "nbrommer2k" <nickbrom_at_dml_aol.com>

16. Just got home.
From: Enid/Jeremiah <hispanicangeleyes_at_dml_yahoo.com>

17. Re: DMCH New Interior
From: Marc Levy <malevy_nj_at_dml_yahoo.com>

18. RE: DMCH New Interior
From: "Michael M" <kenshin_at_dml_otaku-wired.net>

19. Re: DMCH New Interior
From: Noah <sitz_at_dml_onastick.net>

20. Re: Raffle Car
From: kevin creason <kcreason77_at_dml_yahoo.com>

21. Re: Raffle Car
From: "Frank" <delorean_at_dml_gmail.com>

22. Re: DMCH New Interior
From: dmcjohn_at_dml_hotmail.com

23. pigeon forge
From: Noah <sitz_at_dml_onastick.net>

24. Re: NEED ANOTHER RAFFLE CAR
From: Bob Brandys <BobB_at_dml_safety-epa.com>

25. 2 cars spotted I-39 Northbound
From: Mike Griese <mike.griese_at_dml_worldnet.att.net>

Message: 1
Date: Sun, 20 Jun 2004 16:44:43 -0000
From: "David Teitelbaum" <jtrealty_at_dml_webspan.net>
Subject: Re: fuel pump

When the motor is not running you do not get constant power to the
fuel pump. The RPM relay will pulse the pump when you start the motor
and once the motor starts THEN the RPM relay keeps the pump running.
You might try bypassing the RPM relay. refer to D:01:15 & D:01:16 #5 .
The inertia switch also needs to be OK. It breaks the ground to the
fuel pump in the event of a crash. Sometimes they go bad, especally
the ones that were recalled. You could also have a problem with the
plug in the wiring harness in the front left corner by the washer bottle.

Date: Sun, 20 Jun 2004 15:02:10 -0500
From: "Brian McCool" <bjmccool_at_dml_comcast.net>
Subject: Raffle Car

Does anyone know who won the raffle car?

Date: Sun, 20 Jun 2004 21:54:05 -0000
From: "therealdmcvegas" <dmcvegas_at_dml_cox.net>

--- In dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com, "andy" <andydandy777_at_dml_a...> wrote:
> I have installed a new fuel pump and I am not getting any 12v power
> to it, I checked the fuse and it is fine, but with a test light I
> can see that I have no power coming into the pump, can anyone
advise
> me what to check?

Two things. 1. Make sure that you have the key in the "ON" position,
and that you have inserted a jumper to trip the RPM Relay, to activate
the line.

2. What are you grounding your test equipment to? If you have a bad
ground connection, and try to ground either a test light, or a
multimeter to said bad-ground, you won't flow any electricity thru the
test light/meter, and it will appear as though you do not have any
voltage at all. Connect one end to the 12V source wire, and the other
end to the radiator suport bracket/grounding point to truly check for
voltage.

FYI: The Inertia Switch in the drivers foot well does not kill power
to the fuel pump. It actually breaks the circuit by disconnecting the
ground wire to the fuel pump. So if the switch is tripped, or bad, the
fuel pump will not run. Nor will it allow you to show any power feed
off the 12V line to the pump, if you are trying to ground your
equipment thru the same wire.

Date: Sun, 20 Jun 2004 18:19:14 -0500
From: Bob Brandys <BobB_at_dml_safety-epa.com>
Subject: Re: Raffle Car

A guy in Texas won the car.  He was not home when we tried to call him.

(maybe we can't find him and we can draw another name?)

Date: Sun, 20 Jun 2004 18:51:05 -0500
From: Bob Brandys <BobB_at_dml_safety-epa.com>
Subject: Re: DCS 2004

For those of you who did not make it to PF.

It was the largest Delorean Event Ever in the US.

My gratitude to Ken Koncelik and his family and everyone who help out
can not be expressed in words.  This event was just absolutely fabulous.

118 Deloreans were Present
Over 500 people
5 Delorean Time Machines
502 -What PJ and his wife did to bring this car to PF-is a story in itself!
Curtis's Car-It was better than ever!
DMCH  - 25th Aniversary DeLorean (this is what i call it)  The new
interior was awesome.  The Stage II engine with New FI and Breakerless
ignition- opens the engine up to all kinds of space-(no fuel
distributor, no ignition distributor)- and room for what ever!!!

and on and on
There was not enough time to take in the all the DeLorean stuff.

Cladia Wells
 and
Bob Gale
and
Jeff Weisman

were the greatest.  Friendly, signed everything.  Handed out awards,
 Auctioned stuff and did photo shoots.  They reflected the soul of what
the BTTF movies are about.

The amount of work that went into producing this show can not be
underestimated, and it showed.

The demographics of the audience show that the Delorean is a growing
community and will be the car of the future!

I just can't wait until  2006.  Chicago needs to be a week long
injection of DeLorean !!!!!

BOB

Date: Sun, 20 Jun 2004 19:58:18 -0400
From: "Kevin Abato" <delorean_at_dml_abato.net>

Someone from Texas.  I called DanRC30 to find out, and they were handing
out awards at the time, so he could not tell me more info after that.

Does anyone know who won the raffle car?

Date: Sun, 20 Jun 2004 21:04:34 EDT
From: kKoncelik_at_dml_aol.com

I will post the winner as soon as I can get a hold of him

Date: Mon, 21 Jun 2004 01:44:40 -0000
From: "freakybeetle" <freakybeetle_at_dml_hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: Pictures are Awesome from DeLorean Car Show 2004 - Pigeon Forge Tennessee

My pictures are uploaded now as well!  You can check them out at:
http://www.deloreans.org/

Was nice meeting you all!

Jai Johnston - 2812

> --- In dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com, "Frank" <delorean_at_dml_g...> wrote:
> > So far the pictures are fantastic! Look forward to seeing more.
Thanks

> > for sharing with us who are stuck at home...
> >
> > Frank
> >
> > http://www.frankguhlin.com/delorean.html
>

> Yeah, I'm one of those who is stuck at home.  I will be sulking all
> weekend!  At least my car is there at the show, the raffle car.
lol!

Date: Sun, 20 Jun 2004 19:41:37 -0700 (PDT)
From: Marc Levy <malevy_nj_at_dml_yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: Legends turbo and frame

Fred Dellis was in Pigeon Forge.. you should have come
and learned all about the Legend project for yourself!
 :)

There were 2 Legend Twin Turbo engines _at_dml_ the show last
night.

http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail

Date: Mon, 21 Jun 2004 02:48:38 -0000
From: "erikgeerdink" <erikgeerdink_at_dml_yahoo.com>
Subject: DMCH New Interior

Will DMCH be offering this interior to the public or is this a one
time thing?  I would like to see some more detailed pics.
I really wish I could have been there this time.  Ken....GOD BLESS
YOU for having the next one in Chicago!!!!  Finally...a place only 2
hours away!
Glad to see that everyone had a great time.  I'm really looking
forward to seeing all of your pictures.

Erik

Date: Sun, 20 Jun 2004 23:05:18 EDT
From: kKoncelik_at_dml_aol.com

In a message dated 6/20/04 10:50:03 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
BobB_at_dml_safety-epa.com writes:

> I just can't wait until  2006.  Chicago needs to be a week long
> injection of DeLorean !!!!!
>
> BOB
>
>   I think someone is trying to kill me  LOL

Thanks Bob
This is the smoothest I have done a show from start to finsh to the time I
felt like passing out on stage Sat night from being tired from all the FUN
instead of the from being Worried like some past shows.

Thank you all

Date: Sun, 20 Jun 2004 23:18:16 EDT
From: kKoncelik_at_dml_aol.com
Subject: Re: Zachary DeLorean

A friend of mine actually sat down and had a drink with him the other day in
Cincinnati and they chatted.  It was a coincidental meeting and they were
sitting alone near each other and just started talking.

He said Zak was friendly to him and he gave Zak his number.

I have no idea of where his head was in that he failed to ask for the number
but he did come back and say it was Zak.

The information he got from the conversations was more than the average
person would have known so I think maybe it was

If he calls back I will do my best to get him to come

PS

delorean org site we had so many guests Jim Prentice was left out
'He was one of the original assemlby people hired to get production to 50
cars per day
FANTASTIC

Date: Sun, 20 Jun 2004 23:06:08 EDT
From: kKoncelik_at_dml_aol.com

In a message dated 6/20/04 11:02:09 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
BobB_at_dml_safety-epa.com writes:

> A guy in Texas won the car.  He was not home when we tried to call him.
>
> (maybe we can't find him and we can draw another name?)

I have been trying every hour on the hour to reach him
He is just not home
possibly on vacation ?????????

Date: Mon, 21 Jun 2004 01:10:52 EDT
From: ComposerZelgadis_at_dml_aol.com
Subject: Re: Re: Sandpaper

Well Rob, I only have one thing to say to that:

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!

That's, uh... pretty bad.  ;)

Cover your car.  Do the public at large a favor.  =D

Cheers.

Date: Mon, 21 Jun 2004 05:50:29 -0000
From: "nbrommer2k" <nickbrom_at_dml_aol.com>
Subject: VIN 3092 on ebay!

Hello group,

I've been threatening to do this for a while, and finally have done
it! VIN 3092 has been listed on ebay.

<http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?
ViewItem&rd=1&item=2482608504&category=31830>

Or, item # 2482608504 if the link does not work.

Happy bidding!

Nick

Date: Sun, 20 Jun 2004 23:18:46 -0700 (PDT)
From: Enid/Jeremiah <hispanicangeleyes_at_dml_yahoo.com>
Subject: Just got home.

It's 1:08 am CST.  I just now got in.  Just wanted to
drop a line saying I made it home safely.  I had one
issue on the way home.  About 100 miles out of PF, my
car at 65mph started "jumping".  The engine would
"rev" very quickly and sporadically.  Then my
cylinders stopped firing and my gauges died.  Thank
God, I was able to get to the side of the road and the
Tennessee HP showed up and kept me me safe while I
worked on my car while the traffic went an average of
75-80 mph 5 ft from me.  Thankfully, I was able to get
my car running, and I got it to a huge Exxon where we
continued to diagnose the problem.  IMHO, that was
God's hand over me, keeping me safe from traffic,
getting my car up and running, and having no more
issues the rest of the trip.  There is random luck,
and than there are Acts of God - that was definitely
one of them.  Whatever the problem was, it went away
as quickly as it happened.  Casey and I are assuming
it was just bad fuel or a bit of water got in the fuel
keeping the cylinders from firing for that little bit
of time.  Don't know what to say, but I'm siphoning my
gas tank, unhooking my pump, and cleaning my whole
tank out since this is my 2nd fuel pump in 2 months
flat.  I want to make sure that wasn't the problem.
Anyhoo, crazy story, but the other 428 miles went
without incident.

I want to say I had alot of fun meeting everyone, and
it was a great overall weekend.  This was by far the
most awesome experience I've had that was
DeLorean-related, and I can't wait to meet again in
2006.  Thank you Ken for such an amazing job at the
organization and planning of such a huge event, and I
can't wait to see everyone and more faces in Chicago
2006.  Goodnight.

Jeremiah
#003299
The Greasiest Hands Award Winner of 2006 =D!

http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail

Date: Mon, 21 Jun 2004 06:46:44 -0700 (PDT)
From: Marc Levy <malevy_nj_at_dml_yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: DMCH New Interior

I did not have too much time to look _at_dml_ the vendor
stuff, but just looked _at_dml_ the photos of the DMCH car.

The speakers are in the door??  also looks like more
"stuf" is added to the interior of the door.  Was the
door lift configuration modified to handle the extra
weight?  Speakers in the door look good, and may be
something people want to do even without the full
upgrade.

The binnicale looks way too small.  Especialy next to
the stock steering column cover..  I do like the look
of the steering wheel.

EFI, what a great idea.  :)

Is the intention to offer this as a
upgrade/restoration pachage??  Or to build new cars
like this?

Date: Mon, 21 Jun 2004 08:31:43 -0400
From: "Michael M" <kenshin_at_dml_otaku-wired.net>

If they offered it I would do my best to buy the whole package.

Date: Mon, 21 Jun 2004 08:21:17 -0400
From: Noah <sitz_at_dml_onastick.net>

On Mon, Jun 21, 2004 at 02:48:38AM -0000, erikgeerdink wrote:
> Will DMCH be offering this interior to the public or is this a one
> time thing?  I would like to see some more detailed pics.

I spoke with Stephen Wynne at the show about the interior upgrades in
general and that car in particular. He said they didn't have final
pricing, but don't look for it to be all that cheap (by my standards,
anyway). I could see paying 3-4k for such an upgrade, but the price may
well be 2-3 times that. And that's before the $15k audio system. I'm all
for Supporting Your Local Vendor(tm), but that's too rich for my blood.

--noah

Date: Mon, 21 Jun 2004 05:31:42 -0700 (PDT)
From: kevin creason <kcreason77_at_dml_yahoo.com>

--- kKoncelik_at_dml_aol.com wrote:
> > A guy in Texas won the car.  He was not home when
> we tried to call him.
> I have been trying every hour on the hour to reach
> him
> He is just not home
> possibly on vacation ?????????

Maybe you need a new number. Since I live in Texas, I
will volunteer mine.

No... I meant to say: I must have listed it wrong; the
correct number to call me is....

:)

http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail

Date: Mon, 21 Jun 2004 12:57:16 -0000
From: "Frank" <delorean_at_dml_gmail.com>

Let's see. I am in Texas. Been on vacation for the weekend. HMMM.
Sounds like me...Was it me?
Anyway, congrats to whomever won this.

Frank

http://www.frankguhlin.com/delorean.html

Thanks to all for sharing your stories and pictures.

Date: Mon, 21 Jun 2004 16:48:35 -0000
From: dmcjohn_at_dml_hotmail.com

Maybe some weight could be saved by using actuators instead of
solenoids inside the door which could offset the speakers weight.

I think it looks pretty cool, I'd love to see some more pics if
anyone has some. The 2-tone look is very nice, as is the center
console. Just from the one pic I've seen the console does look a
little small, but without seeing it in person I can't really judge.

I'd love to have been there, I'm glad the show was a huge success!
Well done to Ken and everyone.

Best wishes,
John Dore, Ireland.

Date: Mon, 21 Jun 2004 11:28:14 -0400
From: Noah <sitz_at_dml_onastick.net>
Subject: pigeon forge

Just wanted to let folks know that jenn and I made it back home without
incident; averaged 25-27mpg with the A/C on, as near as I can tell. Hope
folks did likewise. =)

Noah Robin
#2867 [NO PANTS]

Date: Mon, 21 Jun 2004 12:57:41 -0500
From: Bob Brandys <BobB_at_dml_safety-epa.com>
Subject: Re: NEED ANOTHER RAFFLE CAR

 NEED ANOTHER RAFFLE CAR  FOR DCS 2006

Date: 21 Jun 2004 13:11:01 -0500
From: Mike Griese <mike.griese_at_dml_worldnet.att.net>
Subject: 2 cars spotted I-39 Northbound

We passed a pair of D's (one with N-Dak plates and one with Minn collector plates) northbound on I-39 about an hour south of Rockford.  We were travelling with the red Lotus Elan convertible.  Hope you passed the leak test...