From: <dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com>
To: <dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com>
Subject: [DML] Digest Number 2076
Date: Monday, June 21, 2004 3:44 PM

1. DMCH New Interior
From: Dick Ryan <deloreanbiker_at_dml_yahoo.com>

2. BTTF in Pigeon Forge
From: "Stephen Clark" <stephen_at_dml_bttf.com>

3. Re: DMCH New Interior
From: PRC1216_at_dml_aol.com

4. DCS event frequency
From: "William Bowie" <wbowie_at_dml_sc.rr.com>

5. Re: Just got home.
From: "Jeff Lawson" <jeffrey.lawson_at_dml_sbcglobal.net>

6. Installing an iPod into a DeLorean??
From: PRC1216_at_dml_aol.com

7. PGf
From: "Marvin" <marv_at_dml_printeddrinkware.com>

8. Re: DMCH New Interior
From: Noah <sitz_at_dml_onastick.net>

Message: 1
Date: Mon, 21 Jun 2004 11:28:00 -0700 (PDT)
From: Dick Ryan <deloreanbiker_at_dml_yahoo.com>
Subject: DMCH New Interior

After having reservations for PF for 18 months, I had
to cancel at the last moment due to a serious family
medical problem.  Now, I must see pics of the DMCH
interior.  Where can I see some?

Dick Ryan

http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail

Date: Mon, 21 Jun 2004 19:04:01 -0000
From: "Stephen Clark" <stephen_at_dml_bttf.com>
Subject: BTTF in Pigeon Forge

Just a quick thanks to everyone who came by the BTTF.com booth this
weekend!  It was by far the most enjoyable & successful DeLorean show
we've been a part of so far.

The way everyone embraced the BTTF aspect of the whole DeLorean
experience this time was extraordinary.  I thank you all from the
bottom of my heart for welcoming Claudia Wells, Bob Gale & Jeffrey
Weissman with open arms into the DeLorean community the way you all
did.  They all seemed to have quite a very pleasant experience in
Pigeon Forge, and I hope Ken will continue to make room for the "Back
to the Future" celebs at his upcoming shows.

Hope to see you all again in Chicago!

Stephen Clark
BTTF.com

Date: Mon, 21 Jun 2004 15:47:17 EDT
From: PRC1216_at_dml_aol.com
Subject: Re: DMCH New Interior

I asked Steve an estimate of what the cost would be for the whole upgrade,
and he said it would be roughly $10,000.   But who knows, if enough people want
it, maybe the price will come down a bit.   The air conditioned/heated seats
looked very appealing.

Patrick Conlon

Date: Mon, 21 Jun 2004 15:06:46 -0400
From: "William Bowie" <wbowie_at_dml_sc.rr.com>
Subject: DCS event frequency

Why does the Delorean Car Show only happen every two years?  Why not an
annual event?

Later!

Date: Mon, 21 Jun 2004 19:48:52 -0000
From: "Jeff Lawson" <jeffrey.lawson_at_dml_sbcglobal.net>
Subject: Re: Just got home.

On the way home to Chicago my car seemed buck and jump a bit going up
those hills as well.  Shifting down into 4th seemed while climbing
the hill seemed to stop the bucking and jumping though.  Guess 5th
gear is just too tall for those mountain grades?  My car didn't die
on me though, so I guess I was lucky.  Glad to hear that you made it
home safely.

Let me know if you find out it was something else....

Jeff

--- In dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com, Enid/Jeremiah

Date: Mon, 21 Jun 2004 15:55:24 EDT
From: PRC1216_at_dml_aol.com
Subject: Installing an iPod into a DeLorean??

I just noticed today how BMW has integrated the iPod controls into their
steering wheel and sound system, making it much easier to use than via tape
adapters and FM transmitors.   Check the link here: http://www.apple.com/ipod/bmw/
  I am wondering who in the DeLorean community will be the first to find a
way to do this on their car...this would be an amazing upgrade.

Patrick

Date: Mon, 21 Jun 2004 16:03:11 -0400
From: "Marvin" <marv_at_dml_printeddrinkware.com>
Subject: PGf

What a great time in PF.

The friendships renewed, and the new friendships made, were enjoyed by everyone. The assistance given by fellow owners to other DeLorean owners who may have had need for an emergency fix, was to be envied by every other specialty car group. It was great to see so many fathers and sons enjoying time together.

An amazing thing crossed my mind on the 800+ mile return trip to Canada. I did not see one "for sale" sign on any DeLorean at the show! There were buyers walking around! Considering there was a Chevy show, with every make, year, model, color for sale on the main drag in Pigeon Forge, the opportunity was there for a potential sale.

The cross section of owners was fascinating. Some tight for spare money to get a needed part, and others appeared and spoke as if the stainless steel frame, was nothing, if the whim was there to buy! I met nice people,  ----  professionals, blue collar, white collar, dirty collar, unemployed, retired, various ethnic backgrounds, and skin color. We were one family, one vision, all enjoying "THE DREAM"!

Many thanks to those who bought the glasses I printed up for the Pigeon Forge DeLorean meet. They were all sold by 3:30 Saturday and allowed me time to buy stuff for a fellow owner, who could not be there, and peek at the cars, for ideas.

Ken, his family, and the many volunteers are to be congratulated for the tremendous effort required to pull off a function like this and make it work smoothly.

By the way, backing out of my hotel parking spot _at_dml_ 7:15am Sunday for my return trip, the speedometer cable or angle drive broke. All those vendors, all those parts ...... damn  ......... I had to be home last night, and it was a long drive!

In general, those who negatively criticize the overall reliability of the DeLorean: this show proved this 20 year old car can travel great distances with no trouble -- Los Angeles, Florida, North Dakota, New York, Canada, just to mention a few. Mine was an exception, and a minor problem, at best!

Looking forward to 2006!

Marv.
# 17077
marv_at_dml_printeddrinkware.com

Date: Mon, 21 Jun 2004 16:43:37 -0400
From: Noah <sitz_at_dml_onastick.net>

On Mon, Jun 21, 2004 at 11:28:00AM -0700, Dick Ryan wrote:
> Where can I see some?

http://www.deloreans.org/images/dcs04/Upgrade1.jpg

More images by simply viewing:

http://forum.deloreans.org/viewtopic.php?t=49 (takes a while to load).
These aren't my pics; they're better than mine. the ones I took came out
just blurry enough to make them look like a dream sequence. Surreal. =)

--noah