From: <dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com>
To: <dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com>
Subject: [DML] Digest Number 2077
Date: Tuesday, June 22, 2004 10:18 AM

1. Re: DCS event frequency
From: PRC1216_at_dml_aol.com

2. Ed Uding?
From: "Dan RC30" <danrc30_at_dml_hotmail.com>

3. Thanks to all!
From: casey barlow <dmc1288mph_at_dml_yahoo.com>

4. RE: DMCH New Interior
From: "Gary Hull" <Specialty_at_dml_IN2TIME.com>

5. Looking at purchasing in the next year...
From: "Mark" <mark_at_dml_meninblack.ca>

6. More DCS photos
From: Travis Graham <tgraham_at_dml_noroads.com>

7. Re: DMCH New Interior
From: "Dani B" <5n-_at_dml_gmx.net>

8. RE: DMCH New Interior
From: "Murray Fisher" <murrayfw_at_dml_charter.net>

9. Re: DMCH New Interior
From: "Richard" <dmc_driver_at_dml_yahoo.ca>

10. Re: DCS event frequency
From: Marc Levy <malevy_nj_at_dml_yahoo.com>

11. Re: DCS event frequency
From: Louie G <louie_at_dml_delorean.com>

12. Re: DCS event frequency
From: kKoncelik_at_dml_aol.com

13. Re: More photos
From: <dsontos_at_dml_verizon.net>

14. Re: DCS event frequency
From: "content22207" <brobertson_at_dml_carolina.net>

15. Re: Re: Just got home.
From: Marc Levy <malevy_nj_at_dml_yahoo.com>

16. Steering Wheel Removal
From: <dsontos_at_dml_verizon.net>

17. In Heaven
From: "Nun Yah" <joshp1986_at_dml_yahoo.com>

18. Transmission Mounting Brackets
From: klaus.steiner_at_dml_t-online.de

19. Someone drove through a window.......what?!
From: "erikgeerdink" <erikgeerdink_at_dml_yahoo.com>

20. RE: Installing an iPod into a DeLorean??
From: "Kevin Abato" <delorean_at_dml_abato.net>

21. Re: DMCH New Interior
From: kKoncelik_at_dml_aol.com

22. Fuel System problems
From: "mikepolzin" <MPolzin_at_dml_sen.com>

23. RE: Re: Just got home.
From: Travis Goodwin <tgoodwin_at_dml_vantagep.com>

24. RE: Transmission Mounting Brackets
From: "Gary Hull" <Specialty_at_dml_IN2TIME.com>

25. Re: Someone drove through a window.......what?!
From: "supermattthehero" <supermatty_at_dml_psu.edu>

Message: 1
Date: Mon, 21 Jun 2004 17:06:06 EDT
From: PRC1216_at_dml_aol.com
Subject: Re: DCS event frequency

If you lived anywhere near as close to Ken as I do, you would realize how
much TIME, EFFORT, and PLANNING it takes for these shows.   I doubt that many of
you realize that Ken and his wife, Chris, made all of the awards that were
given out at the show.   They also did most of the driving tour tapes, made the
T-Shirts, and so much more.   Honestly, we are lucky to even have it every 2
years!

Good job Ken!
Patrick

Date: Mon, 21 Jun 2004 16:56:42 -0400
From: "Dan RC30" <danrc30_at_dml_hotmail.com>
Subject: Ed Uding?

Anyone hear from Ed Uding recently? I've been trying to reach him for some time. Ed, if you get this, please e-mail me at DanRC30(at)hotmail.com Maybe somoene can get this message to him?

Thanks,
---Dan

Date: Mon, 21 Jun 2004 14:34:07 -0700 (PDT)
From: casey barlow <dmc1288mph_at_dml_yahoo.com>
Subject: Thanks to all!

Hi, I just wanted to say I had a great time at the DCS, and say thanks to Ken and all of the people who helped make this a great event. I enjoyed meeting all of you, and can't wait for the next show in 2006.  Thanks Casey Barlow     tag  GR8SCOT

Date: Mon, 21 Jun 2004 14:49:55 -0700
From: "Gary Hull" <Specialty_at_dml_IN2TIME.com>
Subject: RE: DMCH New Interior

> Where can I see some...pics of the DMCH interior?

http://deloreancarshow.com/dcs-2004/vendors.html

Gary
IN2TIME

Date: Mon, 21 Jun 2004 17:12:43 -0400
From: "Mark" <mark_at_dml_meninblack.ca>
Subject: Looking at purchasing in the next year...

Hi all.

I'm in the process of saving to live the dream... and looking at financing
over the next 6 months to a year to do this.
I'm at the point now where I'm learning as much as I can about the car, to
make sure that this is really what I want, and not just a fantasy I've been
chasing since I saw BTTF.

I live in Stoney Creek, Ontario... and I'm wondering if there might be an
owner on list, living nearby, who wouldn't mind if I bought him/her a coffee
and look his car over, talk about the trials and tribulations...

I'm serious, not looking at wasting anybody's time, and genuinely want to
learn as much as I can before taking the plunge.

Thanks for any help you might have.

Mark.
mark_at_dml_meninblack.ca

Date: Mon, 21 Jun 2004 18:37:18 -0500
From: Travis Graham <tgraham_at_dml_noroads.com>
Subject: More DCS photos

Tired of looking at DCS photos?  If not, here is another set of a
select few from my stash:

http://photos.noroads.com/dcs2004

It was nice seeing people and meeting new people there - I look forward
to seeing everyone again in 2006!

Happy motoring,

Travis
TN: OUTATYM

Date: Tue, 22 Jun 2004 00:36:58 -0000
From: "Dani B" <5n-_at_dml_gmx.net>

Did anyone note where the window/defrost switches were relocated to?
Door lock switches? -Dani B. #5003

Date: Mon, 21 Jun 2004 14:49:31 -0700
From: "Murray Fisher" <murrayfw_at_dml_charter.net>

Dick,   Sorry to hear of the medical prolems and hope all is going well in
that department......I thought sure you would bring home the Oldest Owner
Geezer Present AWARD.  With both of us out of the running, I wonder who got
it?
We did about the same thing....had reservations since the day the show was
announced and we canceled one day late......sent in a doctors note by FAX
which the hotel said would allow them to give us a refund, but have not
heard from them yet.  I hope they honor it.  We sure miss not being there
and seeing everyone again.....maybe Chicago!!!
Murray

Date: Tue, 22 Jun 2004 08:53:08 -0000
From: "Richard" <dmc_driver_at_dml_yahoo.ca>

> I did not have too much time to look _at_dml_ the vendor
> stuff, but just looked _at_dml_ the photos of the DMCH car.
>
> The binnicale looks way too small.  Especialy next to
> the stock steering column cover..  I do like the look
> of the steering wheel.

I don't like the binnacle either.  It looks like something out of a
Toyota or a Honda.  The original DMC style looks way better.  The rest
of the interior looks great though.

Richard Rowe

Date: Mon, 21 Jun 2004 19:22:28 -0700 (PDT)
From: Marc Levy <malevy_nj_at_dml_yahoo.com>

It takes a year to recover, and a year to plan..

Date: Mon, 21 Jun 2004 20:43:44 -0700 (PDT)
From: Louie G <louie_at_dml_delorean.com>

I remember the first time I met Ken Koncelik was at the first ETDOC event in early 2001. It was a weekend and was over a year before the Memphis 2002 show. Even though it was a weekend and supposed to be a fun DeLorean event for him, I remember Ken working much of the time on the DCS. I drove him in his truck one day so he could rest his eyes for a little while and so he could do some paper work and make some calls. I remember him being so impressed by The Dragon that he said he's going to try and plan the next DCS around this road. He began gathering information that weekend for the possibility of having a show there in 3 years. I had no idea just how difficult orchestrating the DCS really was until talking with Ken that weekend and seeing for myself just how complex, time consuming, and EXPENSIVE the DCS is to pull of. Getting insurance, a location, guest speakers, celebrities, and special cars to attend costs a ton of money. In Pigeon Forge he had already signed a contract to hold DCS 2006 in Chicago!

I imagine for the DCS to be an annual event it would take a full time paid staff, and that would baloon costs and put it beyond the reach of the average DeLorean enthusiast/owner. I give Ken major kudos for NOT doing this... as is the DCS is an incredible amalgam of people. You're from the South East William... just go to the SEDOC meet next year. It's not as big as the DCS, but it's truly a first rate show.

Louie Golden
VIN 5252 Charlotte, NC

Date: Mon, 21 Jun 2004 20:32:19 EDT
From: kKoncelik_at_dml_aol.com

In a message dated 6/21/2004 4:22:08 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
wbowie_at_dml_sc.rr.com writes:
Why does the Delorean Car Show only happen every two years?  Why not an
annual event?

Later!
They lock me up in a white padded room and throw away the key for about a
year and a half
LOL

Date: Mon, 21 Jun 2004 21:26:50 -0500
From: <dsontos_at_dml_verizon.net>
Subject: Re: More photos

Ok, who's car got whacked at the Tail of the Dragon run. I just saw the photos. I didn't here anything at the show.

Date: Tue, 22 Jun 2004 03:46:11 -0000
From: "content22207" <brobertson_at_dml_carolina.net>

You'll have SEDOC next year, which should keep you primed for Chicago
2006.

Date: Mon, 21 Jun 2004 19:27:12 -0700 (PDT)
From: Marc Levy <malevy_nj_at_dml_yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: Re: Just got home.

FWIW, I found the quality of gas (especialy on the
ride home) was awful.

The twin turbo requires High-grade to run correctly
under boost.. however, when I know I will burn the
whole tank on the highway I tend to put regular in to
save a few pennies.

On the way home, the gas was so awful I could not put
my foot in to it to get any boost without knocking.
My last fill up in Maryland I put in about 6 gallons
of Sunoco 94.  It ran much better the rest of the
trip.

I gave a short ride to Mark and Chris from the UK on
the way home, and was embarrased.  Had I known I was
trying to impress, I would have put the higher grade
of gasoline in!

My point is, maybe the gas was just bad?

Date: Mon, 21 Jun 2004 21:30:49 -0500
From: <dsontos_at_dml_verizon.net>
Subject: Steering Wheel Removal

what size screws are in the steering wheel hub for the puller to use.

Date: Tue, 22 Jun 2004 02:28:16 -0000
From: "Nun Yah" <joshp1986_at_dml_yahoo.com>
Subject: In Heaven

 Hi, Just wanted to thank everybody at the show, I was in heaven.
Thanks to the gentleman who took me for the ride Friday at 5:00.  I
would also like to thank everybody who took time out to talk to a
dreamer. There is one problem I can't remember anybody's name, I
can't explain why and I'm sorry for that but i had a blast talking to
everybody and admiring every car there.
 Does anyone know who's red car was inside?  I was about a week from
buying it when it sold. Just curious.

Thanks,
 Josh

Date: Tue, 22 Jun 2004 09:49:39 +0200 (CEST)
From: klaus.steiner_at_dml_t-online.de
Subject: Transmission Mounting Brackets

I'm looking for the two manual transmission mounting brackets, 106342
and 106341.
Does anyone have used ones ?

Klaus + VIN05980
Germany

Date: Tue, 22 Jun 2004 11:53:23 -0000
From: "erikgeerdink" <erikgeerdink_at_dml_yahoo.com>
Subject: Someone drove through a window.......what?!

*ouch, ouch, ouch, ouch** first off I'm still kicking myself and
smashing my head into the keyboard for not going to the Delorean Car
Show.  Ken, next time I try to back out of a show...force me to go,
ok?  I should never have given up that room.

Anyway...whats this about someone driving through a hotel window?
Anyone with pictures of this?

Sigh...700+ days until the next show.  When can I register???

Erik

Date: Tue, 22 Jun 2004 07:39:11 -0400
From: "Kevin Abato" <delorean_at_dml_abato.net>
Subject: RE: Installing an iPod into a DeLorean??

Apple offers so many accessories for the Ipod, that I am sure it has a
remote that will work just fine without having to integrate it into the
car.

Sure, itegration into the car is nice, but technology like that is only
hot for ~5 yeas.  Then your car suppots old technology that nobody
wants/has.  That's why I prefer to limit how I integrate things like
this into my car.

Kevin Abato
Vin# 18860

Date: Tue, 22 Jun 2004 10:53:27 EDT
From: kKoncelik_at_dml_aol.com

Murray if you have any problems with the hotel getting a refund let me know I
will take care of it for you.

Date: Tue, 22 Jun 2004 14:20:20 -0000
From: "mikepolzin" <MPolzin_at_dml_sen.com>
Subject: Fuel System problems

My 5-speed, which coincidentally has never not started decided that
it wasn't going to start yesterday. The day before yesterday, no
problems at all, started it, moved it, parked it.

When I came back yesterday and turned the key forward to the run
position I heard the distinctive "buzz" for a few seconds that I
always hear when I turn the key forward and the car is cold. I
Turned the key forward to start it, and it did start- and ran for
about 2 seconds, and died.

After that when ever I turned the key forward all I could hear is
the RPM Relay (I still have the original blue one) click three times
and that was it - no more buzz even though the motor was definitely
still cold.

The car would turn over when I pushed the key forward to the run
position, but it clearly was not getting gas. If I sprayed the
intake with starter fluid the car would start, run for a second, and
die.

Any ideas on where to start with this one?

Date: Tue, 22 Jun 2004 11:36:37 -0400
From: Travis Goodwin <tgoodwin_at_dml_vantagep.com>

This is very possible. Even without turbo, my car runs its best on Chevron's
mid grade gas.

Date: Tue, 22 Jun 2004 08:32:20 -0700
From: "Gary Hull" <Specialty_at_dml_IN2TIME.com>
Subject: RE: Transmission Mounting Brackets

Klaus,

You can get used manual transmission mounting brackets from DPNW
www.delorean-parts.com. I just entered the part numbers into their keyword
search and found both parts.

Gary
IN2TIME

Date: Tue, 22 Jun 2004 15:58:53 -0000
From: "supermattthehero" <supermatty_at_dml_psu.edu>
Subject: Re: Someone drove through a window.......what?!

I hope I don't offend my pal Josh by posting these.  He was real
good to me, hooking me up with a lower crankcase about 1/2 hour
before this happened.

http://tinyurl.com/yspb6

http://tinyurl.com/2c5vl

Matt
#1604 - now without broken motor mounts!!!

--- In dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com, "erikgeerdink" <erikgeerdink_at_dml_y...>