From: <dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com>
To: <dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com>
Subject: [DML] Digest Number 2078
Date: Tuesday, June 22, 2004 4:50 PM

1. Heninger and Associates, Inc.
From: "erikgeerdink" <erikgeerdink_at_dml_yahoo.com>

2. Rained last night
From: "Alex Wolf" <alex_at_dml_ancira.com>

3. Re: Someone drove through a window.......what?!
From: kKoncelik_at_dml_aol.com

4. Re: Rained last night
From: "Mark" <mark_at_dml_meninblack.ca>

5. Re: Re: Just got home.
From: Enid/Jeremiah <hispanicangeleyes_at_dml_yahoo.com>

6. Re: Fuel System problems
From: "Dave Sontos" <dsontos_at_dml_verizon.net>

7. Re: PGf
From: Soma576_at_dml_aol.com

8. Re: Installing an iPod into a DeLorean??
From: "ryanpwright" <yahoo1_at_dml_ryanwright.com>

9. Re: BTTF in Pigeon Forge
From: "d_rex_2002" <rich_at_dml_outernet-tech.net>

10. Re: DMCH New Interior
From: "MATTHEW D SPITTLE" <supermatty_at_dml_psu.edu>

11. Re: Fuel System problems
From: Enid/Jeremiah <hispanicangeleyes_at_dml_yahoo.com>

Message: 1
Date: Tue, 22 Jun 2004 11:30:21 -0000
From: "erikgeerdink" <erikgeerdink_at_dml_yahoo.com>
Subject: Heninger and Associates, Inc.

I've never heard of this company before.  Where are they out of?  Who
is involved with this?  Do they have a homepage yet or any
information about the company?

Thanks,
erik

Date: Tue, 22 Jun 2004 11:22:21 -0500
From: "Alex Wolf" <alex_at_dml_ancira.com>
Subject: Rained last night

Well go figure, the one night I forget to put the car in the garage and it
pours rain. When I got in this morning to move it into the garage, I noticed
the headliner was soaking wet and drooping. There were also puddles of water
in various spots of the center console. Is this common? I don't have the
first clue where to check to see where the leak is. Any ideas will be
appreciated!

Alex Wolf

Date: Tue, 22 Jun 2004 12:40:16 -0400
From: kKoncelik_at_dml_aol.com
Subject: Re: Someone drove through a window.......what?!

In a message dated 6/22/2004 7:53:23 AM Eastern Daylight Time, erikgeerdink_at_dml_yahoo.com writes:

> Sigh...700+ days until the next show.  When can I
> register???
>
> Erik

registration at the website is up you can reserve your rooms now
there are three rooms prices to choose from and we have 200 rooms available

We used 218 in Pigeon Forge.

PLEASE REGISTER EARLY IT HELPS EVERYONE

Date: Tue, 22 Jun 2004 12:45:56 -0400
From: "Mark" <mark_at_dml_meninblack.ca>
Subject: Re: Rained last night

Alex,

I had this problem on my Toyota Supra.. I found out 6 months after I bought
it that the previous owner had replaced the windshield himself, and he
didn't have a clue... wasn't sealed properly.

ANyway, I drove through a touchless carwash, and just watched where the
water was coming through.

Just a thought, but it helped me figure out where the sealing was weak.

Mark.

Date: Tue, 22 Jun 2004 10:22:41 -0700 (PDT)
From: Enid/Jeremiah <hispanicangeleyes_at_dml_yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: Re: Just got home.

> My point is, maybe the gas was just bad?

That is exactly what I think it was.  The rest of the
trip (428 miles) nothing happened like that again.  It
was a scary experience though that's for sure.

Date: Tue, 22 Jun 2004 11:19:35 -0400
From: "Dave Sontos" <dsontos_at_dml_verizon.net>
Subject: Re: Fuel System problems

Check the fuel pump fuse first (sometimes the plastic melts),
Then your inertia switch next to the hood release, lift up the red button
then put it back down.
Try pulling the cover off the RPM relay and with the key on manually close
the contacts and see if the fuel pump turns on

See what that gets you and let us know.

Date: Tue, 22 Jun 2004 14:15:59 EDT
From: Soma576_at_dml_aol.com
Subject: Re: PGf

In a message dated 6/21/04 3:50:52 PM Central Daylight Time,
marv_at_dml_printeddrinkware.com writes:

> In general, those who negatively criticize the overall reliability of the
> DeLorean: this show proved this 20 year old car can travel great distances
> with no trouble -- Los Angeles, Florida, North Dakota, New York, Canada, just to
> mention a few. Mine was an exception, and a minor problem, at best!
>
> Looking forward to 2006!

Marv,

I totally agree!  Coming from ND, MN, and SD - our caravan from the upper
midwest (which joined Dave Swingle and the chicago caravan the next day) had
nearly zero problems coming down to TN (1200 mile trip each way!!!).  the only
things to speak of was a blower motor cutting out for 10 seconds when a breaker
flipped due to a loose wire and a small fuel leak at the pump which was caused
by a poorly fitting new fuel line (repaired in five minutes).  Jim Reeve and I
had a little comparo on fuel economy between us over the entire trip and we
were averaging between 24 and nearly 29 MPG at an average speed of 75 mph.  30+
MPG is definitely attainable on a fully sorted motor at 65 mph.  both of us
could have done it if we were in the right lane instead of the left the whole
time!

Thanks for a great experience everyone - it was my first DCS and i will never
miss another one!  I am very happy to have met some of the most friendly
people ever and I had a great time, especially at the parties in the Swingle's
room!

See you all in Pheasant Run '06!

Date: Tue, 22 Jun 2004 18:01:51 -0000
From: "ryanpwright" <yahoo1_at_dml_ryanwright.com>
Subject: Re: Installing an iPod into a DeLorean??

Already installed my 40G. Controls aren't linked, but the iPod is
conveniently mounted on a custom made plexiglass dock, fed into my
Eclipse head unit via the Belkin charger/line out unit.

I'll try to take some pictures one of these days and post them on my
web site. Looks very nice and is completely removable without a trace
that it had ever existed.

-Ryan

http://www.apple.com/ipod/bmw/

Date: Tue, 22 Jun 2004 20:15:42 -0000
From: "d_rex_2002" <rich_at_dml_outernet-tech.net>
Subject: Re: BTTF in Pigeon Forge

Stephen,

A really HUGE thanks must go out to you as well for making
the contacts and arrangements to invite Bob, Claudia and
Jeffrey to our DCS event.  I know the event would have been
only a fraction as great as it was without having then there.

Great stories and experiences abound throughout the event,
but having all these special guests attend raised it to a
whole other level. And as an added bonus, we had the BTTF
guests judge the BTTF cars - how cool was that!!

Thanks again Stephen for making the extra effort for all of
us who attended the Delorean Car Show this year.

See you at Pheasant Run in 2006.

Date: Tue, 22 Jun 2004 16:56:26 -0400 (EDT)
From: "MATTHEW D SPITTLE" <supermatty_at_dml_psu.edu>
Subject: Re: DMCH New Interior

I could not find either of these items.  The door levers/locks were placed at
the very bottom of the door, not by the handle as you might expect.  Overall, I
think they had the right idea, but I don't think it's quite ready for
production yet.  The speaker?? on the top of the dash looked kind of silly, and
the LCD screen didn't fit quite right in the opening.  I am also hesitant to
believe they actually installed 3 speakers into the door.  Yes I know the
grills were there, but I didn't witness any sound ever coming from them, so
that leads me to believe they just put the grills there to fake us out for now.

 The one feature I really liked, and I'm actually in the process of doing this
myself, is that they eliminated the door vents along with the ugly ventilation
holes in the dash and the doors.  The vents look like they are from an Audi S4
Cabriolet, but I'm probably wrong.  Now that I've seen their car, I think I
might relocate my vents so that there are 2 on the passenger-side kneepad, and
1 vent on each side of the steering wheel in the kneepad.

Additionally, I'm going to plug myself here and say that I successfully
reupholstered my seat-belt-armrest-trim sections with new black 'whisper'
vinyl.  I really like the way it came out.  I reproduced the look of the
2-piece armrests (it was originally the 1-piece type) and reinforced it by
drilling out the rivets and installed screws with nuts.  It feels very solid
now.

I'll put up pictures when I get them both installed.

Date: Tue, 22 Jun 2004 10:35:17 -0700 (PDT)
From: Enid/Jeremiah <hispanicangeleyes_at_dml_yahoo.com>

Sounds like a dead fuel pump.  Take your RPM relay out
and jump 87 and 30 I believe (the top right and lower
left holes, here is a reference page:
http://specialtauto.com/delorean-parts/images/rpm-relay-jumper.jpg).
 If you get sparks coming out, go to your fuel pump,
and disconnect the electrical connection bracket (the
two wires that go to the fuel pump).  Then go and jump
the RPM relay socket again as before.  If you get no
sparks, that means your fuel pump is dead.  Don't feel
bad - I've had two die in a month flat now.  I'm
cleaning my entire gas tank this weekend.

Jeremiah

http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail