From: <dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com>
To: <dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com>
Subject: [DML] Digest Number 2079
Date: Wednesday, June 23, 2004 8:51 AM

1. Bttf Cast
From: kKoncelik_at_dml_aol.com

2. Crunched Delorean fender on the Dragon Run (was More photos)
From: "jangwin" <jeff_at_dml_angwin.us>

3. re:Heninger and Associates
From: "spaceboy_2912" <seanmm_at_dml_alltel.net>

4. Looking For A Georgia Owner
From: "content22207" <brobertson_at_dml_carolina.net>

5. Spring rates?
From: nicholden_at_dml_yahoo.com

6. DCS regerstration
From: DMCVIN6683 <dmcvin6683_at_dml_wi.rr.com>

7. Re: Fuel System problems
From: "content22207" <brobertson_at_dml_carolina.net>

8. Re: DMCH New Interior
From: Soma576_at_dml_aol.com

9. Re: Steering Wheel Removal
From: "Dave Swingle" <swingle_at_dml_dmcnews.com>

10. Re: 2 cars spotted I-39 Northbound
From: "Dave Swingle" <swingle_at_dml_dmcnews.com>

11. Video of Pigeon Forge
From: "Robert Moseley" <videobob_at_dml_hotmail.com>

12. Re: Rained last night
From: PRC1216_at_dml_aol.com

13. Re: More photos
From: Soma576_at_dml_aol.com

14. Raffle car winner
From: kKoncelik_at_dml_aol.com

15. RE: Installing an iPod into a DeLorean??
From: Travis Goodwin <tgoodwin_at_dml_vantagep.com>

16. Re: Re: Someone drove through a window.......what?!
From: Eric Itzel <eric_at_dml_seviernet.com>

17. Re: Crunched Delorean fender on the Dragon Run (was More photos)
From: "Brent W. Lundgren" <brentlun_at_dml_netrax.net>

18. Re: Steering Wheel Removal
From: mike.griese_at_dml_worldnet.att.net

19. Re: Re: Steering Wheel Removal
From: Martin Gutkowski <martin_at_dml_delorean.co.uk>

20. Re: Re: Steering Wheel Removal
From: Soma576_at_dml_aol.com

21. BTTF Continued
From: kKoncelik_at_dml_aol.com

22. Re: DCS regerstration
From: kKoncelik_at_dml_aol.com

23. Pigeon Forge...
From: "Dan RC30" <danrc30_at_dml_hotmail.com>

24. Re: DMCH New Interior
From: "therealdmcvegas" <dmcvegas_at_dml_cox.net>

25. accident
From: "brucedduncan" <bduncan_at_dml_visualmining.com>

Message: 1
Date: Tue, 22 Jun 2004 19:04:50 -0400
From: kKoncelik_at_dml_aol.com
Subject: Bttf Cast

Lets give credit where credit is due

Don Steger Called me and said he had met Claudia and gave me her number so I called her and she said yes

Bob Gale came through Stephen at BTTF.com He got me his number and e-mail and it all worked out.

Jeff Weisman came with Dan Deutch (FLA) who not only brought him but paid his way out of his own pocket as a last minute surprise for all of you.  I met and talked to Jeff for the first time at the show.

This was a team effort.

Date: Tue, 22 Jun 2004 18:44:35 -0000
From: "jangwin" <jeff_at_dml_angwin.us>
Subject: Crunched Delorean fender on the Dragon Run (was More photos)

That would be Darren Decker's VIN 5000.
I was in the rental car (whew!) that he hit. Here's the story:

I was coming down from the end of the course, heading back to PF,
about two miles from the end. The road was slick in places, but you
had to watch carefully, because it was a nice, sunny day out. I was
following one D, and another was following me, but with plenty of
distance. I fact, just a mile before the D behind me had pulled over
to let me pass.

As I was heading down, I came upon a lefthand curve, and saw Darren
coming up, toward me in his lane. All looked fine, until I heard his
brakes squeal... He had hit a wet patch and was coming towards me.
Right towards me! He could not steer, nor could he stop. Nothing I
could do but to keep my track, pull over to the right as far as I
could, and keep my pace, slowing down as quickly as I could without
spinning out.

He hit me in the drivers door, sideswiped it, and continued about 20
yards past me. At that point his inertia switch had tripped, and he
stalled in place. The impact to me was so hard that the drivers door
would not open, so for the rest of the weekend, I had to crawl across
the seat from the passenger door to enter the car. Darren was pretty
shook up... I gave him a ride back to the hotel, where the last I
saw, he was looking for someone with a flatbed to tow the car back
down. The fender had bent to the point of interfering with his tire,
so he could not drive it back down. I never did see his D back at the
hotel, so I am assuming he got it towed to where it could be fixed
properly.

Darren: if you are there, please let us know the outcome of the
accident. I'd like to know if the fender can be saved.

Jeff Angwin
jeff(at)delorean.com
VIN 3034

--- In dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com, <dsontos_at_dml_v...> wrote:
> Ok, who's car got whacked at the Tail of the Dragon run. I just saw
the photos. I didn't here anything at the show.

Date: Tue, 22 Jun 2004 17:44:50 -0000
From: "spaceboy_2912" <seanmm_at_dml_alltel.net>
Subject: re:Heninger and Associates

eric,
We have been in the DeLorean buisness since 1991. We have been
marketing products for at least 8 years now. We only recently posted
our website of www.heningerandassociates.com to the web. Byrne
Heninger,the owner and founder of the company, and I, Sean Mullins,
have been the company for the past 8 years and have stayed busy
enough to not need to advertise. The website is still in the works
with only a few of our products online right now. Any questions about
service or our product line can be directed to:
seanmm_at_dml_alltel.net
or
heningerandassoc_at_dml_aol.com
Thanks

PS
Great job on the show Ken, had a blast!!

Sean Mullins
seanmm_at_dml_alltel.net

Date: Tue, 22 Jun 2004 21:38:37 -0000
From: "content22207" <brobertson_at_dml_carolina.net>
Subject: Looking For A Georgia Owner

Saturday, right before supper, I helped a new owner in the Grand
parking lot. Didn't spend as much time as I wanted. Would like to
assist further by eMail (or maybe even drive down). Don't know his
name, but this is what he looks like:
- Young
- Blond hair
- Beard on lower lip
- Black fingernail polish
- Rose tinted glasses
Car:
- 5 speed
- Georgia plates
- No A/C compressor
- Unusual idle speed motor

If he's on the List, or if anyone knows him, please forward my eMail
address: brobertson(at)carolina.net.

Date: Tue, 22 Jun 2004 21:44:08 -0000
From: nicholden_at_dml_yahoo.com
Subject: Spring rates?

Hi,
Just wondering if anybody knows the spring rate of the lowered front
springs and the un-compressed length as i would like to get some
made locally here in Australia as opposed to getting them freighted
and then taxed etc which normally makes the part cost double by the
time it getts here! I would like to lower the car about 2 inches at
the front and i was planning on getting the rear springs re-sett to
lower it an inch. What is the 'normal' height the front is lowered?

Thanks Nick 10927

Date: Tue, 22 Jun 2004 17:41:39 -0500
From: DMCVIN6683 <dmcvin6683_at_dml_wi.rr.com>
Subject: DCS regerstration

I cant seem to register for the 2006 dates because it is not available,
how is this done?

This is the message it says to me "Currently, this rate is not
available for the requested date(s)."

Are we under a selected group?

Do we have special rates?

Mark V

Date: Tue, 22 Jun 2004 22:59:07 -0000
From: "content22207" <brobertson_at_dml_carolina.net>
Subject: Re: Fuel System problems

Don't leave the jumper in when the car isn't running. The brown wire
is live all the time. Will kill your battery. Gas itself circulates
harmlessly back into the tank.

Date: Tue, 22 Jun 2004 19:57:33 EDT
From: Soma576_at_dml_aol.com
Subject: Re: DMCH New Interior

In a message dated 6/22/04 4:36:32 PM Central Daylight Time,
supermatty_at_dml_psu.edu writes:

>  Overall, I
> think they had the right idea, but I don't think it's quite ready for
> production yet.  The speaker?? on the top of the dash looked kind of silly,

Actually, you will find on many new high end cars with 5.1 surround that
there is a speaker (and grill) in that same location.  not that it really matters
since you are sitting way to the side of it in the corner and now it doesn't
really sound like a 'center' speaker (unless they have a time correction unit
in there, which i suppose they do!!!).

Date: Tue, 22 Jun 2004 23:59:13 -0000
From: "Dave Swingle" <swingle_at_dml_dmcnews.com>
Subject: Re: Steering Wheel Removal

Drill them and tap them to 5/16". Just be careful to not drill into
the steering column. The original size is about 8 mm and the normal
puller kits don't have it. I made some long 8 mm screws and they
stripped out anyway. After tapping them out to something a little
meatier it went fine.

Dave

--- In dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com, <dsontos_at_dml_v...> wrote:
> what size screws are in the steering wheel hub for the puller to
use.

Date: Tue, 22 Jun 2004 03:52:22 -0000
From: "Dave Swingle" <swingle_at_dml_dmcnews.com>
Subject: Re: 2 cars spotted I-39 Northbound

That would have been Jim Reeve and Andy (soma) Lein....

Dave Swingle (Still in Asheville NC tonight)

--- In dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com, Mike Griese <mike.griese_at_dml_w...> wrote:
> We passed a pair of D's (one with N-Dak plates and one with Minn
collector plates) northbound on I-39 about an hour south of
Rockford.  We were travelling with the red Lotus Elan convertible.
Hope you passed the leak test...

Date: Tue, 22 Jun 2004 16:19:23 -0000
From: "Robert Moseley" <videobob_at_dml_hotmail.com>
Subject: Video of Pigeon Forge

Hi everyone, VIDEOBOB here.
First let me say thank you so much to everyone at the show who made it
so awesome. It was great to finally meet so many of you out there
and I thank you for your support.
I can't tell you how many people came up to me and said,
"Oh, your Videobob? I bought such and such from you"
or, "I love reading your posts on the DML!".
I hope that seeing me in person and getting a feel for my
particular brand of sarcasim helped some of you understand more
about me and put any reservations to rest.
I felt very welcomed there at the show and made a lot of new
friends. I would point you all out but I would be here all day typing!

Anyhooo,
You all seen be running around with the camera getting video of
everything and anything and I have about 12 hours of tape so far!
I plan to edit this all down into DVD, but it looks like it
will be a double disc set at this point! (4 hours).

...BUT I NEED MORE!

If you shot some good tape of the show and you think it should be
on the video I would like to see it!
Your alternate angles of the speeches, or of the car show,
and other things I might have missed including your own documentation
of your whole trip is what makes a good video.
If you are willing to share this video, I will pay for all shipping
costs and you will get a free copy of the finished of the DVD as
well as on screen credits.

I plan to use portions of this footage for my Discovery Channel
Documentery that I am working on.

Please contact me directly off the list and I will give you
instructions on what to do.

Hopefully, the video will be ready in about a month or so, as
soon as I can get to it and I will make it as cheap as I can.

Thanks again everyone!!!
- Videobob
VIN#5278

PS: If anyone found an AC pully somewhere on I-40,
please send it to Videobob!
It is hard to drive with your head sticking out of that little window!

Date: Tue, 22 Jun 2004 14:01:33 EDT
From: PRC1216_at_dml_aol.com
Subject: Re: Rained last night

Take off the inner weatherstripping (it just pulls up) and see if the
headliner material is draped over the other side.   If so, if it gets wet it acts as
a sponge and pulls all the water into the material.   Also take off the
T-Panel eventually and make sure that the plate underneath it is properly sealed.

Patrick

Date: Tue, 22 Jun 2004 14:27:39 EDT
From: Soma576_at_dml_aol.com
Subject: Re: More photos

In a message dated 6/22/04 10:12:35 AM Central Daylight Time,
dsontos_at_dml_verizon.net writes:

> Ok, who's car got whacked at the Tail of the Dragon run. I just saw the
> photos. I didn't here anything at the show.

I know who it was but they might not want everyone to know.  I will let him
explain the circumstances if he cares to.  I think a lot of rumors were
floating around.

I spun out on the dragon but it was controlled and did not result in an
accident.

I was having a lot of fun and enjoying feeling how great this car handles at
its limits (got the Pilots in the back (less than 1500 miles on all four)
chirping on the hardest 90 degree turns) until i came to a turn with little
banking and some moisture and I slid the car sideways down the road about 15 feet,
stalled the motor when the tires stopped, restarted and continued (a bit
slower).  Well it was quite a rush and a lot of fun and now that I got that out of
my system, I will probably be slower next time around!!!!!!

What a blast - the dragon is everything i have ever heard it was!!!!

Date: Tue, 22 Jun 2004 10:50:40 EDT
From: kKoncelik_at_dml_aol.com
Subject: Raffle car winner

The winner is
Rick Jones of Houston Texas
He won on ticket two of two tickets purchased.
invoice 1292 ordered off the web store

HE was contacted this morning at 9:30AM EST and his conversation recorded
With his permission we will be converting it to a mp3 file and posting it on
the web page shortly.

The real fun part is it was a work number that is why we could not get a hold
of him and his secretary did everyting possible to keep us screened out so as
not to talk to him.

We will record some of that as well since it is quite entertaining.

He has been notified of what we need of him to get the car and he will be
picking it up at Bauerle's Automotive in Randor Ohio.

We will do more on the web as we get the information

thanks all

And what do you think
Would you like to do another raffle car
Yes or No

Date: Tue, 22 Jun 2004 11:03:10 -0400
From: Travis Goodwin <tgoodwin_at_dml_vantagep.com>
Subject: RE: Installing an iPod into a DeLorean??

BMW is working with Apple right now to create an adapter to work with their
cars. With a little ingenuity one might be able to adapt the BMW version to
the DeLorean.

http://apnews.excite.com/article/20040621/D83BMU7G0.html

Date: Tue, 22 Jun 2004 17:38:59 -0400
From: Eric Itzel <eric_at_dml_seviernet.com>
Subject: Re: Re: Someone drove through a window.......what?!

Sorry to see this Josh- I hope it all works out.

Since I live in P.F, this subject is the number one question people are
asking me. In addition, they all assume it was me.

<Sigh> I guess this beats the ole' Flux capacitor joke...

Eric Itzel

Date: Tue, 22 Jun 2004 22:18:22 -0400
From: "Brent W. Lundgren" <brentlun_at_dml_netrax.net>

I believe that I was driving the D that let you pass.

I was in a group of four D's and a convertible that had left Deal's Gap for
the return trip to PF.  Since we were bunched up on the trip out we were
going to give ourselves some space for the return trip on the Dragon's Tail.
My girlfriend hated the ride out and she talked me into slowing down for the
return trip.  That's when I pulled over and let you by.

A short time later I saw what looked like someone walking in the road ahead.
You were removing debris from the roadway.  I moved left to avoid the debris
and the car on the right side of the road then saw the damaged D backed off
on the side of the road.  Nobody was hurt so I continued on so I would not
become a hazard myself.

I asked the driver of the D that left ahead of me if he saw the accident
scene, he said no.

Brent Lundgren

Date: Tue, 22 Jun 2004 16:12:43 +0000
From: mike.griese_at_dml_worldnet.att.net

6mm.  I used some 6mm threaded rod with some large washers and nuts on the
back side of the wheel to make my own puller.  It is very easy to strip the threads
out of the steering wheel hub.

-------------- Original message from : --------------

Date: Wed, 23 Jun 2004 01:26:49 +0100
From: Martin Gutkowski <martin_at_dml_delorean.co.uk>
Subject: Re: Re: Steering Wheel Removal

The original size is M6. James Russel-Grant knocked up a tool years ago,
which now lives in our toolbox. It hasn't failed on a single steering
wheel yet, but to look at it, you'd wonder wonder what 6-year old made
it! It's one of those things that was clearly made to do one job, once -
but credit to him! It's probably done in excess of 20 cars now.

Martin

Date: Tue, 22 Jun 2004 21:05:59 EDT
From: Soma576_at_dml_aol.com

In a message dated 6/22/04 7:18:32 PM Central Daylight Time,
swingle_at_dml_dmcnews.com writes:

> Drill them and tap them to 5/16". Just be careful to not drill into
> the steering column. The original size is about 8 mm and the normal
> puller kits don't have it. I made some long 8 mm screws and they
> stripped out anyway. After tapping them out to something a little
> meatier it went fine.

I was going to follow Dave's advice but I figured i would try the 8MM screws
first (if it stripped, i would have to drill anyway).  i believe they are
actually called 6M when you buy them at the store.  they probably won't strip if
you are sure to screw them in all of the way first (or as far as they will go).
 make sure you get nice long ones or you might run out of room.

good luck,

Date: Tue, 22 Jun 2004 20:45:13 EDT
From: kKoncelik_at_dml_aol.com
Subject: BTTF Continued

I have had quite a few private e-mails asking more about the BTTF stuff

As I said in the previous post we had a Team effort.
At first we were going to have Tom Wilson, Stephen had made the contact and
things were going well when a schedule conflict caused Tom Wilson (Biff to
Cancel)

Stephen and I began to talk about who else we could get

Coincidentally (ant this was a day or so before Halloween by the way) Don
Steger of DMC center called and said you will never guess who I bumped into.

It was Claudia.  To make a long story short I asked if he had her number
He did and between us it all happened.

Stephen Clark who I must say has done an excellent Job in the BTTF
presentations and in keeping things posted on his site along with all the great stuff he
donates is one of the main reasons this works so well.

He suggested Bob Gale and I thought Bob would be to busy to see us.

Stephen talked to him and then sent me an e-mail with his e-mail address and
phone number.

Again between the three of us what we had is history

Again my thanks to you Stephen you are a great asset to the show.

The last one and it was the reason for my post is that I did not want Dan
Deutch to get left out.  Dan called me about a month ago and said would I like to
have Jeff come to the show.
I said sure but we had no money and how much does it cost.
Dan said my treat so All credit to Dan on getting Jeff .
I absolutely enjoyed his performance and we will have him and the others
back.  I think you all enjoyed them.

It was funny though after the post ( and I kept it short for you) I got
e-mails wanting more information.

Stephens booth by the way was great

Date: Tue, 22 Jun 2004 21:10:08 EDT
From: kKoncelik_at_dml_aol.com
Subject: Re: DCS regerstration

You can register at for Pheasant Run but we still have a few oops on the web
page
give us a day or so to correct
the number is 800-999-3319
There are other numbers as well but taht should get you started

By the way everyone seems to have the idea that this resort is way out away
from everything.  It was in 1970 but it is in the heart of St Charles home to
many tourist attractions, casinos, shopping etc and the resort sponsors a
shuttle if you do not want to drive the few miles.  There is also a major shopping
mall almost within walking distance
check it out
we will put it up as we find time

Date: Tue, 22 Jun 2004 20:34:28 -0400
From: "Dan RC30" <danrc30_at_dml_hotmail.com>
Subject: Pigeon Forge...

Ken, wonderful job. Need I say more? I think everyone had an incredible time... I know I did. Whoever missed this one, really missed out. The Dragon Run was something that can't be compared or explained... only experienced.

It was wonderful seeing everyone from Memphis again, and meeting new people. What a great time.

Also, thanks to (Mike?) from Canada who stayed with me out in the parking lot of the hotel until 2am, holding his flashlight and loaning me some tools so I could change my lower fuel hose and pickup screen. It would have been extremely difficult to finish without him. Actually, Rob Grady ended up sticking his hands in there to line up the rods to the screen and securing the nut down. I was having some major probs with this. My hands wouldn't fit in there... How the hell does he get both hands in there at the same time??? :-P And after all that, it looks like all I need a new fuel pump (I was in the tank 6 times on that trip trying to figure out what the problem was!!!).

Can't wait for Chicago in '06!

---Dan
a.k.a.: "Evil Dan"

Date: Tue, 22 Jun 2004 16:07:04 -0000
From: "therealdmcvegas" <dmcvegas_at_dml_cox.net>

There are little things that can be nitpicked apart about the custom
interior, or even the stock one for that matter. After all, this is
something unique, and everyones' tastes are going to be different.
However, there are two big problems that I see with it. The binnacle
is one. I agree that the asthetics of it don't match the car (inside
or out), and that it looks a bit too sport-compact-ish. I really get
the feeling that someone got a bit too overzealous in trying to
update it. In any case though, it looks way too high, and looks like
it might cut down on visability.

The other thing that I'd have a problem with would be that strip of
white leather on dashboard, comming up from the center console. That
is a straight up hazzard! With the angle of the windscreen on the
DeLorean, anything that reflects too much light is going to cause
glare, and impare your vision. In every single photo taken of this
car, on numerous websites, you can definetly see this. If you want to
see what I mean, try driving your car on a very sunny day, with a
sheet of printer paper resting on the dash.

Sure, it's a prototype, and needs tweeking for individual tastes, but
overall, I think that the interior looks fantastic! I love the
contrast of having a exterior with cold stainless, and sharp angles.
But when you come inside, you've got gentle curves, with warm
leather. A great update of the A Pillars, and really sweet revamp of
the parcel shelf. Even though you can tell space was shaved off to
accomodate those speakers, and the design itself, it creates the
illusion that the space is bigger, by keeping it less cluttered than
stock.

Has anyone yet gotten to sit in this car to try it out? Even though
those door handles look too high to grab if you don't have long arms,
they do look alot more ergonomic. And how does one access the fuses
anyhow?

Date: Wed, 23 Jun 2004 00:43:48 -0000
From: "brucedduncan" <bduncan_at_dml_visualmining.com>
Subject: accident

1265 was hit as she sat in front of my house.  the lady accorss the
street's minivan rolled down her driveway and right into the d's
driver's rear quarter panel.  The damage appears to be confined to
below the marker light...but who knows if the fiberglass is damaged.
She has allstate insurance and I go for the estimate tommorrow.  Could
people share their stories regarding getting your D repaired via an
insurance company?  I would like Rob or Houston to do the work.  Has
anyone had experience in getting the insurance company to do that?
Will they ship it there?  What "magic words" do i need to say in order
for that to happen?

I appreciate any and all stories.

Bruce