From: <dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com>
To: <dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com>
Subject: [DML] Digest Number 2082
Date: Thursday, June 24, 2004 3:02 PM

1. StS Sealer?
From: "Dani B" <5n-_at_dml_gmx.net>

2. RE: Transmission Mounting Brackets
From: "Vicky Miller" <delo1_at_dml_mindspring.com>

3. Re: accident
From: Marc Levy <malevy_nj_at_dml_yahoo.com>

4. RE: Northeast Exotic Car Show/ June 19-Photo Shoot
From: "Kevin Abato" <delorean_at_dml_abato.net>

5. T-panel foam
From: "Matt" <supermatty_at_dml_psu.edu>

6. Re: DCS regerstration
From: Marc Levy <malevy_nj_at_dml_yahoo.com>

7. Re: Shipping a Delorean
From: "wannadelorean" <mcquinlan_at_dml_cfl.rr.com>

8. Re: Pigeon Forge...
From: "ronin5030" <yahoo_at_dml_oneskydojo.com>

9. Re: how to change the pan oil ? (Exhaust Crossover Pipe)
From: "content22207" <brobertson_at_dml_carolina.net>

10. Where does this screw go in the rear armrest panel?
From: "Matt" <supermatty_at_dml_psu.edu>

11. seat belt bolt torque
From: "Matt" <supermatty_at_dml_psu.edu>

12. Re: Why Project Delorean wasn't at Pigeon Forge (long)
From: "Joe OBrien" <joeyoseppijoe_at_dml_yahoo.com>

13. Re: Shipping a Delorean
From: "Joe OBrien" <joeyoseppijoe_at_dml_yahoo.com>

14. Re: Re: Shipping a Delorean
From: Rod Dillman <rhdillman_at_dml_yahoo.com>

15. Re: Shipping a Delorean
From: "wannadelorean" <mcquinlan_at_dml_cfl.rr.com>

16. Re: Why Project Delorean wasn't at Pigeon Forge (long)
From: Dick Ryan <deloreanbiker_at_dml_yahoo.com>

17. Re: Why Project Delorean wasn't at Pigeon Forge (long)
From: Steve Stankiewicz <protodelorean_at_dml_yahoo.com>

18. RE: T-panel foam
From: Travis Goodwin <tgoodwin_at_dml_vantagep.com>

19. Re: 25th Anniversary DCS
From: Bob Brandys <BobB_at_dml_safety-epa.com>

20. Re: TOBY-TAB's are IN!
From: Dick Ryan <deloreanbiker_at_dml_yahoo.com>

21. Re: Northeast Exotic Car Show/ June 19-Photo Shoot
From: "Jeff Torrey\\" <jefftorrey_at_dml_Comcast.net>

22. Dash/Binnacle update
From: "James Espey" <james_at_dml_usadmc.com>

23. Windshield Trim
From: "Alex Wolf" <alex_at_dml_ancira.com>

24. Engine "sputter"
From: "Stian Birkeland" <delorean_at_dml_netcom.no>

25. Another... Cold Start Problem
From: Shannon Yocom <ssdelorean_at_dml_yahoo.com>

Message: 1
Date: Thu, 24 Jun 2004 00:22:44 -0000
From: "Dani B" <5n-_at_dml_gmx.net>
Subject: StS Sealer?

Does anyone here know of any wax or etc. that will seal the stainless
steel panels after washing so that no marks/prints will appear from
touching-etc.? - Dani B. 5003

Date: Wed, 23 Jun 2004 20:39:57 -0400
From: "Vicky Miller" <delo1_at_dml_mindspring.com>
Subject: RE: Transmission Mounting Brackets

cheers Klaus

 bob miller here in north carolina... I have them if you have not found
them yet...

 let me know..

bob

Date: Wed, 23 Jun 2004 18:24:50 -0700 (PDT)
From: Marc Levy <malevy_nj_at_dml_yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: accident

If you are the claimant against someone else's policy,
you are in the best possible position to be in.

They are required to put your car in the condition it
was in before it was damaged, and you are in control
of who does the repair and how.

If you have any problems, contact your state's
department of insurance (or threaten the adjuster that
you will do this).

Remember, the Adjuster's job is to pay as little as
possible for the repair..  *NEVER* take the first
offer.  Always get your own estimate, and negotiate.
and DEMAND NEW PARTS, not repaired.  (Meaning, they
will pay for the new parts.  Once you get the check
you can legally opt to repair the old one if you so
choose)

I don't know where you are, but if you don't have a
local DeLorean shop I suggest you take photos and see
if Grady, DMCH, DMC-GG, or even D1 will give you a
estimate with the photos.  Probably best to remove the
damaged panel too, make sure all is OK underneath.

If you have trouble, contact me directly.  I have some
experience in dealing with insurance companies, and
have some contact in the industry that can answer
questions honestly.

Marc

http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail

Date: Wed, 23 Jun 2004 21:29:49 -0400
From: "Kevin Abato" <delorean_at_dml_abato.net>
Subject: RE: Northeast Exotic Car Show/ June 19-Photo Shoot

Where was this show held?

Date: Thu, 24 Jun 2004 01:37:07 -0000
From: "Matt" <supermatty_at_dml_psu.edu>
Subject: T-panel foam

What kind of foam is used for underneath the T-panel?  Can I get
this at Lowes?

thanks,

Date: Wed, 23 Jun 2004 18:57:14 -0700 (PDT)
From: Marc Levy <malevy_nj_at_dml_yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: DCS regerstration

I just called, and they only have 15 rooms left...

<just kidding>

Date: Thu, 24 Jun 2004 02:16:50 -0000
From: "wannadelorean" <mcquinlan_at_dml_cfl.rr.com>
Subject: Re: Shipping a Delorean

Thanks to all who have responded.  I received a couple private
emails too and it seems my observation that Florida is lacking in
quality Deloreans for sale has been confirmed by others. (no offense
to anyone selling a Delorean in Florida.)  There is a pretty 3 rotor
rotary for sale in Miami but it is painted and I'm looking for an
original SS.

I'm very impressed with the helpfulness and friendly attitude of the
Delorean community.  My wife and I almost came to Pigeon Forge but
found out about the show only a couple days before it started.  I
kick myself now for not just throwing caution to the wind and going.

The transmission info is very helpful.  I prefer a manual so I'm
glad to hear it is the more reliable of the two.

As for this shipping I really can't and don't want to take a week or
more to go fetch a car and drive/tow it back myself.  I have a Dodge
Ram and certainly could do it but the thought of driving from
Florida to California isn't my idea of fun.  Not to mention, I'd be
more worried about the 97 Dodge surviving the trip than the
Delorean.  I think the only original part on my truck is the
cigarette lighter but that is only because I don't smoke (not
because it hasn't broke).  My plan would be to fly out take a look,
make a deal fly back.

I'd still like to hear from anyone who has shipped a Delorean long
distance, what carrier they used, cost and the outcome.  I'm been
hesitant to get quotes because I'm just tossing the idea around
right now and don't want to get inundated with carriers trying to
get my business.

--- In dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com, "wannadelorean" <mcquinlan_at_dml_c...>
wrote:
> I'm shopping for a Delorean and I'm finding that most of the nice
> ones I'm interested in are no where near me.  I'm in Orlando, Fl.
> I'm wondering if anyone out there has had experience with shipping
> vehicle 2000-3000 miles.  I know people that have had vehicles
> shipped due to work relocation and I haven't heard a good story
> yet.  In all cases they car arrives with some damage or
unexplained

Date: Thu, 24 Jun 2004 02:35:28 -0000
From: "ronin5030" <yahoo_at_dml_oneskydojo.com>
Subject: Re: Pigeon Forge...

Hi Dan. It was me who was holding the flashlight. I should be
thanking you for giving me the chance to see how the screen gets
replaced.

About half my family are mechanics so I have been around garages most
of my life. Watching Rob Grady gave you a hand, I can honestly say he
is the best mechanic I have ever seen (even though it only took a few
minutes to do what we were trying to do for over an hour!)

I will see if I can make it to the Fall Foliage Tour this year

Date: Thu, 24 Jun 2004 03:05:39 -0000
From: "content22207" <brobertson_at_dml_carolina.net>
Subject: Re: how to change the pan oil ? (Exhaust Crossover Pipe)

Ouch -- Totally forgot about the exhaust crossover pipe (mine is
gone). Yet another reason to convert to dual exhaust.

Speaking of clutch hydraulics: You haven't lived until you've changed
them without the crossover pipe in the way. Makes slave cylinder
installation a 2-3 minute job. I still find it easier to bleed from
above however due to bleeder screw angle. You can also reach the
ignition distributor *EXTREMELY* easily (are looking right at it), but
the fuel/air mixture assembly is still too close remove the wires.
Heater core takeoff barb is easy too.

Almost forgot: without an exhaust crossover pipe you can reach into
the Valley of Death to change vacuum hoses! Can even see into it if
you stick your head up next to the transmission (are looking across it
more than down into it). Can reach the idle speed motor takeoff too.

Next time you're around a dual exhaust car, climb underneath. Am
willing to bet you'll be amazed. Take it for granted now so it never
occurred to me to jack mine up at Pigeon Forge. Apologies.

Date: Thu, 24 Jun 2004 04:57:01 -0000
From: "Matt" <supermatty_at_dml_psu.edu>
Subject: Where does this screw go in the rear armrest panel?

I have a screw hole in the back of my rear armrest trim panel (the
one the seatbelt goes through).  The problem is, I can't find where
I screw it into the body of the car????   I looked all over the
fiberglass part behind the seatbelt area, near the engine
compartment release, and no luck.  Anyone know where it's at?

Date: Thu, 24 Jun 2004 05:46:23 -0000
From: "Matt" <supermatty_at_dml_psu.edu>
Subject: seat belt bolt torque

Gosh, I'm really bombing the hell out of the list today.

Anyone know what the torque on the seat belt bolts should be?  I
don't see a listing in the technical updates manual or the service
manual.

Date: Thu, 24 Jun 2004 08:14:20 -0000
From: "Joe OBrien" <joeyoseppijoe_at_dml_yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: Why Project Delorean wasn't at Pigeon Forge (long)

Steve, do you have any current pictures of your car for anyone to
see? All the ones on your website are quite old and don't really
give a good picture as to what you have done with the car. I and I
am sure others would like to take a peek at what you have been doing.

So... do you have any pictures available to share?

Thanks,

Joe O'Brien

2524 & 16634

Date: Thu, 24 Jun 2004 08:21:08 -0000
From: "Joe OBrien" <joeyoseppijoe_at_dml_yahoo.com>

I have shipped many cars over the years, I shipped one of my
Deloreans from Colorado to Ohio, and one from New Hampshire to Ohio.
BOth with no problems. As well as shipping to & from Alabame,
Florida, Las Vegas & California. Of all the carriers out there, if
you want to make sure the possibility of any damage is minimized, go
with Passport Transport. They use custom enclosed carriers with
padded walls and leak barriers between the vehicles. Simply put
passport is the best you can do when you want to ship a vehicle and
do not want to worry about it in transport.

They provide a detailed sheet describing any cosmetics they noticed
before pickup and allow you whatever time you need to compare it to
when you pick it up.

Hope that helps you in your quest for a reputable shipper.

Joe O'Brien

2524 & 16634

Date: Thu, 24 Jun 2004 06:08:16 -0700 (PDT)
From: Rod Dillman <rhdillman_at_dml_yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: Re: Shipping a Delorean

I can second Joe's opinion of Passport Transport. They transported a DeLorean(Vin 6032) from Virginia to Texas for me. Rod Dillman, Vin 10921

Joe OBrien <joeyoseppijoe_at_dml_yahoo.com> wrote:I have shipped many cars over the years, I shipped one of my

Date: Thu, 24 Jun 2004 17:11:51 -0000
From: "wannadelorean" <mcquinlan_at_dml_cfl.rr.com>

Thanks for the info.  I went ahead and got a quote from Passport
Transport in an enclosed container: From Washington State to Orlando
(picked the furthest origination) $1973.00 all inclusive.

--- In dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com, "Joe OBrien" <joeyoseppijoe_at_dml_y...>

Date: Thu, 24 Jun 2004 11:29:09 -0700 (PDT)
From: Dick Ryan <deloreanbiker_at_dml_yahoo.com>

Steve

Dare I say I'm glad I didn't miss the grand unveiling?
 I can't tell you how many people I had instructed to
take gobs of pictures of your car.

Sorry to hear of all your problmes.  Boy, life is like
tht sometimes.

Well, the good news is that you will now be able to
update the web site - - yeah!!!!!:)

Dick

  It

Date: Thu, 24 Jun 2004 07:56:05 -0700 (PDT)
From: Steve Stankiewicz <protodelorean_at_dml_yahoo.com>

Hi Joe.  I do have a TON of pictures.  (Everything
from last time the site was updated until now.)  I'm
hoping to update the site this weekend.  I've taken
this week off from the project to recover.  (Man,
sleep is kinda cool.  I'd forgotten what it was like.)
So check the site Sunday for an update.

Thanks, Steve

Date: Thu, 24 Jun 2004 09:41:12 -0400
From: Travis Goodwin <tgoodwin_at_dml_vantagep.com>
Subject: RE: T-panel foam

The T Panel has a custom shaped piece of foam. It's best if you just pick it
up from a vendor, their not very expensive.

Date: Thu, 24 Jun 2004 08:55:56 -0500
From: Bob Brandys <BobB_at_dml_safety-epa.com>
Subject: Re: 25th Anniversary DCS

As most of you are aware, the Chicago DCS will be the 25th anniversary
of the car.   In that respected, the Chicago show should be extra special.

After discussing this with, I am considering making the Chicago show a 5
day event.  This way we would have activities on Monday, Tuesday and
Wednesday.

I am looking for ideas for activities on these days.  So far here are
some ideas:

1. A slalom race course on site, that is timed.  This was you can test
your suspension, tires and driving abilities.   THE CORVAIR NATIONALS
are also held at Pheasant Run and they run this slalom race every year.
 WE could ask them to help with this event.

2. A movie shoot, with the Libyan VW bus chasing the DeLorean time
machine.  We have the bus and the car.  All we need is some actors!!

3. A run to Byron, IL  drag strip to compare our different hot rodded
DeLoreans and shifting skills.

4. Tours to downtown CHicago, Navy Pier, Museums, etc.

5. A day/night at the movies-showing all three BTTF movies

The critical thing about doing these event is how many people would be
interested and would attend.  This is less than two years into the
future so we need to start planning now.

Rumor is that DMCH will have a 25th Anniversary Model of the DeLorean
for this show!!!!  Those of you at PF got a glimpse of the idea.

BOB

Date: Thu, 24 Jun 2004 08:47:07 -0700 (PDT)
From: Dick Ryan <deloreanbiker_at_dml_yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: TOBY-TAB's are IN!

Toby

You have no idea how much i hated missing PF.  You
were among many I wanted to meet in person.  The
sudden diagnosis of breast cancer in my wife
howevermade surgery come before vacations - - even a
DeLorean event.

Now, as to your comment below - - are you going to
market the "flexible" front end air dam?  If so, when?
 I am really interested.  I have held off order the
rest of the bocy kit until I know I dan come up with
something for the front.

Dick Ryan
VIN 16867

--- tobyp_at_dml_katewwdb.com wrote:
We  really appreciate the support of the DeLorean
community, and look forward to serving you any way we
   can.

Date: Thu, 24 Jun 2004 12:08:13 -0400
From: "Jeff Torrey\\" <jefftorrey_at_dml_Comcast.net>

The show was at the Anheuser Busch Brewery in Merrimack, NH. To benefit the
Make A Wish Foundation. We were able to raise $10,000 from sponsors and
participants and spectators. To be an annual event, but the date will be
different next year.

-Jeff

Date: Thu, 24 Jun 2004 12:04:55 -0500
From: "James Espey" <james_at_dml_usadmc.com>
Subject: Dash/Binnacle update

We'd hoped to have samples ready to show at PF, but they didn't arrive in
time for the show. It's possible that they may be at the California Classic
(http://www.californiaautofest.com) next month.

Someone emailed me about the molded plastic caps I mentioned a year or so
ago. At one time we had considered the plastic glue-on caps for a fix to the
dash/binnacle problem. The tooling costs were pretty high, and the quality
of the caps was marginal. The fit was not quite right, and the rounded shape
of the binnacle made them more difficuly to fit.

What's worse is that fact that left uncovered, they are very prone to
warping in the heat, and this is NOT covered under the warranty. The
manufacturers suggestion was to use a dashmat to cover them to help prevent
warping. We thought that solution was unacceptable.

When the samples are ready, we'll have photos online for all to see.

James

------------------------------------
DeLorean Motor Company
Vice President
james_at_dml_delorean.com
15023 Eddie Drive
Humble, Texas 77396 USA
tel: 800/872-3621
tel2:281/441-2537
fax: 281/441-2813

Date: Thu, 24 Jun 2004 12:20:58 -0500
From: "Alex Wolf" <alex_at_dml_ancira.com>
Subject: Windshield Trim

The paint is chipping off the trim around the top of the windshield. What is
the process to repaint this? Does the windshield need to be removed? What
paint should be used? Thanks!

Alex Wolf
Internet Manager
Ancira Dealerships
210-681-4900
210-231-4214 (Direct)

Date: Thu, 24 Jun 2004 23:06:51 +0200
From: "Stian Birkeland" <delorean_at_dml_netcom.no>
Subject: Engine "sputter"

Hi, I'm posting this for a fellow DeLorean owner who is experiencing engine "sputter". It has been like this since he got it from Sweden a few months ago.

The car starts fine. Idles fine. Drives off fine. But when you actually drive the car at a constant speed, and then let go of the accelerator, it sputters until you press the accelerator pedal again, then it drives fine. This sputtering is quite annoying.

It seems to me the fuel isn't getting where it should.

The fellow owner has changed everything possible, ignition wires, fuel lines, fuel filter, injectors - you name it. Double-checked everything and anything. It still sputters when driving the car. What can be wrong?

Any help/hints/tips are appreciated!

Thanks,
Stian B.
Norway

Date: Thu, 24 Jun 2004 14:02:46 -0700 (PDT)
From: Shannon Yocom <ssdelorean_at_dml_yahoo.com>
Subject: Another... Cold Start Problem

My car fires up great when warm or within 15 hrs of last running. If I wait a day
or so between driving it becomes hard to start... takes a while cranking, trys to
fire up, when finally starts idle is high then smooths out fairly quickly. It has
slowly getting worse.

The other day it was the worst yet. Tried to start, just cranked & battery power
drained way down. I thought it was my battery going bad. But a few seconds later
putting the key to the accessories position the power was up to 12 volts. Did
this a few times with no luck.

I ended up having to do the "Hot Start" Quick Fix ( plug the Control Pressure
Regulator plug into the Cold Start Valve socket ) to get it running. 15miles to
work, sat all day, started up  fine at 5pm. Also started fine the next morning
(thismorning).

Is this a sign of my Cold Start Valve going bad?
Or could it be something else?

Shannon Y

http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail