From: <dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com>
To: <dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com>
Subject: [DML] Digest Number 2083
Date: Thursday, June 24, 2004 4:46 PM

1. Re: Windshield Trim
From: mike.griese_at_dml_worldnet.att.net

2. Re: 25th Anniversary DCS
From: "d_rex_2002" <rich_at_dml_outernet-tech.net>

3. Re: 25th Anniversary DCS
From: "ronin5030" <yahoo_at_dml_oneskydojo.com>

4. Re: 25th Anniversary DCS
From: "erikgeerdink" <erikgeerdink_at_dml_yahoo.com>

5. Thanks Ken (ETDOC) PGF
From: deloreanss_at_dml_aol.com

Message: 1
Date: Thu, 24 Jun 2004 21:12:00 +0000
From: mike.griese_at_dml_worldnet.att.net
Subject: Re: Windshield Trim

You can remove the trim by peeling the outer door seals back to access screws
holding the trim to the underbody.  You might as well keep peeling the door
seals back and taking off the side trim, because once the top is repainted,
the sides won't match.  I used a standard semigloss black to refinish mine.

To put the door seals back on, use black 3M weatherstrip cement.  Follow
the directions on the tube - yes you really do let it dry on the trim and the
seal before sticking them together.  Make sure the seal is in the right place,
because this glue has got GRIP.  Get a can of the 3M adhesive remover to
take the old glue off of the door seals and the windshield trim.

-------------- Original message from "Alex Wolf" : --------------

Date: Thu, 24 Jun 2004 21:20:35 -0000
From: "d_rex_2002" <rich_at_dml_outernet-tech.net>
Subject: Re: 25th Anniversary DCS

Bob and List,

As the newly elected Car Show Coordinator of the Delorean Midwest
Connection club, I have been working with Ken K. on getting this
event in the Chicago area in 2006.  Once things were looking good
for confirmation, I started putting together my own list.  A few
of the new ideas are listed below, along with enhancement of some
of the regular activities that people expect at a DCS event.

The schedule will need to be reviewed, but we hope to have options
for people who would like to do things before and after the show
days, so I'm sure we can get a survey together in DCS Magazine and
on the DCS website so people can vote for the things they may want.

New Ideas for DCS 2006 listed below:

- first time ever DCS Golf Outing at the Pheasent Run Golf Course

- for the ladies, trip to premium store outlet mall in Aurora, IL

- day trips to Chicago museums, Shedd Aquarium, one or both zoos

- lots of possible suburban destinations for the driving tour

- visit Pearce Design Components workshop (only 6 miles away)

- possible photo op with Deloreans on runway at DuPage Airport

- possible track day at Route 66 Speedway and Raceway, Joliet IL

- possible Richard Petty Driving Experience at Route 66 Speedway

- possible track day at full go-kart race course near Ottawa, IL

- early Sunday morning drive on LSD in downtown Chicago (no traffic)

- trip to Fermi National Nuclear Accelerator Lab (only 5 miles away)

Both the DCS and the Delorean Midwest Connection club hope to make
the DCS 2006 25th anniversary event to be the best DCS event yet.

Date: Thu, 24 Jun 2004 21:25:20 -0000
From: "ronin5030" <yahoo_at_dml_oneskydojo.com>

How about a some tech sessions set up at a local garage with lifts
and tools? After the long drive to PF there were quite a few repairs
going on in the parking lot. I am sure that other owners would jump
at the chance to give someone a hand in a full repair facility with a
chance to learn how the repair was done.

Examples of some sessions:
Door adjustments
Duel exhaust setup
replacing fuel accumulator
removing/replacing interior parts (dash,binnacle,door panels)

Having a set area to complete repairs, or to do updates, would also
mean the general public would not see tools,coolant,etc in the
parking lot.

Just an idea

Date: Thu, 24 Jun 2004 21:36:00 -0000
From: "erikgeerdink" <erikgeerdink_at_dml_yahoo.com>

Rich and others,
If there is anything I can do to help out with this, please let me
know.  Since I'm only 2 hours away I can help out whatever way you
want me to.

Erik
04512

Date: Thu, 24 Jun 2004 17:37:25 EDT
From: deloreanss_at_dml_aol.com
Subject: Thanks Ken (ETDOC) PGF

What a great show it turned out to be. Its taken me until Thursday to get a
chance to weigh in on the events but here goes. My wife Elizabeth and I had a
ball on Thursday night registering everyone (M-Z) and getting to meet everyone
that came through the door, that was definately one of the highpoints of the
week.

The next day we had the pleasure of sitting at the end of the dragon to tale
pictures of everyone coming in. We got to witness everyone's faces, first
hand, as they finished the drive. Most of you looked as if you were about to faint
or jump out of your skin (that road is hell) but the passengers were the
best. To the guy I provided with Dramamine, I hope it worked. I hoped the entire
day against anyone having an accident, however, just as we were about to pack
up at the end of the day we heard the bikers talking. "Some DeLorean was in a
wreck". Those words just made my spirits plunge. We could only speculate who it
had been, and when we saw the car and recognized the VIN 5000 it was
devastating. Darren, I hope that your car gets sorted out soon, in time for some club
events.

Meeting up back at the hotel, things got better quickly. Thanks to John
Benson, we were able to have a place to hang out until the dinner. The speakers,
especially Don Steiger and Bob Gale were great, I hope most of you got to hear
them. Friday left me psyched up for the show on Saturday. I was glad to get my
car inside on Saturday (the red one) and even more glad to see that it didn't
drip at all! It was a great show, I managed to get both my own parents and my
in-laws to attend.

The best part of it all had to be meeting so many people. It was good to
finally meet Evil Dan, and Jim Reeve. Andrew Prentice, if you read this in
Australia, it was an honor to share a table Thursday night. Most of all, Ken, all of
us here in East Tennessee and with the ETDOC are so proud and appreciative
that you brought your show here. It was a magnificent event. You were way too
busy for me to express it at the show, but my wife and I are eternally grateful
for your kindness. We want to be the first to volunteer to help with anything
in Chicago. We will definately be there.

So, on behalf of the East Tennessee DeLorean Owners Club, thank you Ken for
such a great show. Thanks everyone for coming, we hope you had a great time
here. If anyone wants to drive the dragon anytime in the future, just let me
know, I'll set it up.

John Weaver
ETDOC
RED DMC #10527