From: <dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com>
To: <dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com>
Subject: [DML] Digest Number 2085
Date: Friday, June 25, 2004 7:09 PM

1. Re: Re: 25th Anniversary DCS
From: Bob Brandys <BobB_at_dml_safety-epa.com>

2. Steering Column bushing replacement
From: "johnzd81" <johnzd81_at_dml_yahoo.com>

3. Re: Buying from Vendors (was:T-panel foam)
From: "Dani B" <5n-_at_dml_gmx.net>

4. Re: 25th Anniversary DCS (Tech Sessions)
From: "d_rex_2002" <rich_at_dml_outernet-tech.net>

5. Re: Legend Turbo question
From: "David Teitelbaum" <jtrealty_at_dml_webspan.net>

6. Re: Legend Turbo question
From: "thebrave65" <johnnysher1_at_dml_cox.net>

7. Re: Legend Turbo question
From: Marc Levy <malevy_nj_at_dml_yahoo.com>

8. RE: Windshield Trim
From: "MATTHEW D SPITTLE" <supermatty_at_dml_psu.edu>

9. RE: Windshield Trim
From: mike.griese_at_dml_worldnet.att.net

10. Re: Buying from Vendors (was:T-panel foam)
From: Soma576_at_dml_aol.com

11. RE: Buying from Vendors (was:T-panel foam)
From: "Video Bob" <videobob_at_dml_hotmail.com>

12. RE: Buying from Vendors (was:T-panel foam)
From: Dick Ryan <deloreanbiker_at_dml_yahoo.com>

13. Re: Steering Column bushing replacement
From: Marc Levy <malevy_nj_at_dml_yahoo.com>

14. Re: Steering Column bushing replacement
From: Soma576_at_dml_aol.com

15. DMC Houston's "New" DeLorean
From: Travis Goodwin <tgoodwin_at_dml_vantagep.com>

16. RE: Vac Solenoid
From: "Joseph Kuchan" <josephkuchan_at_dml_hotmail.com>

17. RE: DMC Houston's "New" DeLorean and INSTRUMENTATION
From: "Nathan Gess" <gess_at_dml_wpa.net>

18. Re: Re: 25th Anniversary DCS
From: "Dave Stragand" <dave.stragand_at_dml_forwardlook.net>

19. Re: Another... Cold Start Problem
From: Shannon Yocom <ssdelorean_at_dml_yahoo.com>

20. Re: Legend Turbo question
From: "Hank" <henry_at_dml_ix.netcom.com>

21. re: Help
From: doctorDHD_at_dml_aol.com

22. Re: Re: Legend Turbo question
From: "Chris" <chris_at_dml_internets.freeserve.co.uk>

23. Re: Legend Turbo question
From: "therealdmcvegas" <dmcvegas_at_dml_cox.net>

24. Re: DMC Houston's "New" DeLorean
From: "Mark" <mark_at_dml_meninblack.ca>

25. Re: Carburetor intakes?
From: "content22207" <brobertson_at_dml_carolina.net>

Message: 1
Date: Fri, 25 Jun 2004 10:03:27 -0500
From: Bob Brandys <BobB_at_dml_safety-epa.com>
Subject: Re: Re: 25th Anniversary DCS

Dave,

We introduced tech sessions at the British Car show in Chicago here 3
years ago.  (the show is  big with 800 cars)
The tech session have been very well received.

The tech sessions would have to be offered earlier in the week, possibly
in conjunction with working on the cars.

The question is whether the vendors or other people would volunteer to
present this information.

Any DeLorean owners (or vendors)  out there who want to do slide shows
or "how to" tech sessions?  On what topic?

BOB and Gail Brandys (Delorean and Metropolitian representatives on the
Chicago Area British Car Union executive board)

Date: Fri, 25 Jun 2004 15:02:04 -0000
From: "johnzd81" <johnzd81_at_dml_yahoo.com>
Subject: Steering Column bushing replacement

I'm sure many out there have done this, but in searching, I didn't
find any answers.

Is it necessary to pull the entire column to replace the lower
bushing (in the pedal box) or can you remove the bolts at the U-
joint, and slide the new bushing up into place and lock it down?

Thanks in advance!

Date: Fri, 25 Jun 2004 15:50:27 -0000
From: "Dani B" <5n-_at_dml_gmx.net>
Subject: Re: Buying from Vendors (was:T-panel foam)

When you're buying car parts ESPECIALLY DeLorean parts, you're paying
for the part, but also more for the name. You can come up with a small
and simple part for the DeLorean, and tack on a huge price tag because
it is for the DeLorean. But really this works for just about any car.
While for some parts this is not true, there
are parts I see that it is true for. Just compare the prices of the
little available parts from Parts America with DMCH or other vendors.
I try to hold of an order as long as I can until it is something I
really need, and cannot find by other means. Hold off on ordering the
foam, I just might have something sufficient enough to work. I'll
check tonight and contact you off list. -Dani B. #5003

--- In dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com, "MATTHEW D SPITTLE" <supermatty_at_dml_p...>
wrote:
> 106722 INSULATION, ROOF PNL $38.18
>
> $38 for a piece of foam, plus shipping.  That's expensive for a
college student,
> even one working full-time.
>
> I'm not having much luck with the vendors lately.  I basically don't
buy from
> the vendors unless it's DeLorean specific.  Some examples:
>
> One time I ordered a hood latch spring from a vendor.  The cost was
$2.95.  When
> the spring arrived, I saw that the total sale was $17.  Yes, it was
$14 for
> them to ship a spring to me.  It could have fit in a regular
envelope with a
> single stamp.  When I installed this high quality,
SEVENTEEN-DOLLAR-SPRING, it
> didn't make my hood *pop* open any more than the original one did.
So, I went
> to Ace Hardware, picked up a spring for $1.50, and now my hood pops
open!

> Another vendor I called 3 times so far about getting door keylocks,
but no luck
> so far in getting back to me, and it's been almost a month.  I tried
another
> vendor, but they said the locks aren't available.  Oh well, it must
not be that
> important.
>
> I won't mention all the times when I was a newer owner and I found
out by
> calling one of the vendors that something I need wasn't available.
Well, let
> me mention one...one time, I called a vendor and realized I wouldn't
ever be
> able to have a functioning engine compartment cover because there
were no more
> hinges available.
>
> So these are the events that inspire me to boycott the vendors for
all but the
> most exclusive/unreproduceable parts.  If you feel the same way I
do, let me
> recommend E-Bay (www.ebay.com) and Josh Haldeman (jhaldeman_at_dml_f...)
as a
> source for your DeLorean parts.  Neither of the said sources ever
run out of
> certain parts; neither take multiple phone calls to ensure items are
shipped,
> and neither charges me over 4 times the cost of the total order to
have it
> shipped.
>
> Last time I checked, the DML was independently operated, without
commission from
> vendors(or is it?).  For this reason, I would like to respectfully
ask the
> moderator to add the phrase, "Go get one from the vendors." and all
> permutations of that phrase, to the list of items which are caught
in the net
> during the moderating process.
>
> I've heard the argument; that if we don't buy all of our nuts and
bolts from a
> vendor, then we won't fund the remanufacturing of new products that
aren't
> available.  Well, either those new products, or the vendor's new
Ferrari.

Date: Fri, 25 Jun 2004 15:54:22 -0000
From: "d_rex_2002" <rich_at_dml_outernet-tech.net>
Subject: Re: 25th Anniversary DCS (Tech Sessions)

As 48% of the folks at the DCS event were newcomers, I would like
to remind people that a lot of the repairs done at preious events
was handled by DMC Joe, who often worked on cars througout these
events and barely had time to come see the cars on show day.

I know we gott a few photos of Joe looking at the cars in Memphis
but I do not think he made it to the actual car show in Cleveland
because he was so busy working on people's cars.  Obviously, the
presence of DMC Joe was very much missed at this DCS event.

One of the goals of the Delorean Midwest Connection club is to get
as many local Deloreans to the event as possible and this will mean
a lot of tech session work between now and June 2006, including a
possible "Tech Week" before the actual DCS event itself.

As Bob mentioned, we have had Delorean technicians at many of our
local Tech Sessions in the past and maybe we could get one or more
of them to come in early to the next DCS event if there is enough
interest (work to do) and a place for them to do their work.

Date: Fri, 25 Jun 2004 15:55:58 -0000
From: "David Teitelbaum" <jtrealty_at_dml_webspan.net>
Subject: Re: Legend Turbo question

The person you are probably refering to is Fred Dellis. He was the
owner of Legend Industries. His company went bankrupt after DMC went
bankrupt owing Legend millions of dollars. One of the employees of
Legend created Island Turbo offering a version of the Legend set-up.
He died, leaving the company to his girlfriend, Eleanor Rodgers You
can still buy it from her or the Delorean vendors. It is not a bolt-on
affair. It requires some machine work (drilling, tapping, etc) and
wiring. It also is not cheap. The kit itself I think is around $6,000
plus installation. It will make a big difference in performance.

Date: Fri, 25 Jun 2004 16:29:04 -0000
From: "thebrave65" <johnnysher1_at_dml_cox.net>

Not cost-effective.  It's not just the turbos and intakes that they
installed.  Practically the entire engine on the inside was totally
re-designed.  Pistons, cams, bore, heads, you name it.  The Legend
Turbo is not a kit and could never be one.  Kinda makes me wonder how
much more a Legend DeLorean would have cost in '82 on top of a
+$25,000 sticker price.

Johnny
5518

Date: Fri, 25 Jun 2004 08:02:40 -0700 (PDT)
From: Marc Levy <malevy_nj_at_dml_yahoo.com>

His name was Fred Dellis.

The Twin Turbo project was well along when DMC went
out of business, taking Legend with them (DMC owed
Legend lots of money).

As you could tell from Fred's talk, this was NOT a
bolt on kit.  Many of the engine internals were
replaced with custom parts.  To rebuild a DeLorean
engine with standard parts is an expensive
undertaking, now add in the cost of the custom parts,
turbos, new intake, intercoolers, ect..  The cost
would limit the number of customers to the point where
it would not be profitable.

As far as recreating it "from the specs", I have found
that Fred keeps this information very close and has
been careful to limit what information becomes public.
 Having also spoken to someone else who worked for
Fred _at_dml_ Legend Industries, they had the same
reservations.  I am not exactly sure why 20 years
later they are still protecting the "company secrets",
but have to respect their wishes.

I am confident that someone could build a "Legend
Copy" engine, but the cost would make it impractical.
With money, you can do just about anything.  But if
you have that kind of money, just make me an offer and
buy the real thing!

Why did you not ask this question _at_dml_ the show?  There
was plenty of opportunity to ask questions.

<SNIP>

http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail

Date: Fri, 25 Jun 2004 13:46:21 -0400 (EDT)
From: "MATTHEW D SPITTLE" <supermatty_at_dml_psu.edu>
Subject: RE: Windshield Trim

I powdercoated my trim black, with 50% gloss.  It looks outstanding, and will
never come off.

Date: Fri, 25 Jun 2004 16:28:39 +0000
From: mike.griese_at_dml_worldnet.att.net

I removed all of the old paint from the trim, cleaned the
metal thoroughly with a degreaser and a metal prep, and
sprayed the new paint on (aerosol can).  You can get the
degreaser and metal prep from an auto supply shop that
caters to body shops.

-------------- Original message from Andrew : --------------

Date: Fri, 25 Jun 2004 14:52:17 EDT
From: Soma576_at_dml_aol.com

In a message dated 6/25/04 10:24:02 AM Central Daylight Time,
supermatty_at_dml_psu.edu writes:

> 106722 INSULATION, ROOF PNL $38.18
>
> $38 for a piece of foam, plus shipping.  That's expensive for a college
> student,
> even one working full-time.

True, for 'a piece of foam' it sounds expensive.  BUT is IS specially molded
and you will never find anything in any home improvement store that is the
same thing.  you might come close, and you are certainly welcome to do your own
experimenting.   it might work, it might not.  for how big the part is and what
it does, $38 isn't much compared to the cost of something similar for a new
car from a dealership.  when you buy the part from a vendor they will provide
installation and tech support too.  not only that, but the more OEM-style parts
your replace with your own inventions, the less likely other repairs that are
nearby will go smoothly or fit correctly.  it will be hard to get tech
support when you have half OEM parts and half Home Depot parts, in fact you might
find yourself on your own.

Date: Fri, 25 Jun 2004 12:06:52 -0500
From: "Video Bob" <videobob_at_dml_hotmail.com>

I agree with you on the shipping issue, I hate that too.
I usually give "free" shipping on anything I sell.
We all know nothing is free, I just build it into the cost of doing
business.

Your right about certain nuts and bolts and things.
If you know where to find them go get them, but sometimes it's easier to use
a part number!

These cars are exotic toys, not the rusty Volkswagen that a poor college
student can afford.
Basically, if you can't afford to play then get out of the game.

THe subtle hints that these people who give these little speeches about
"buying from the
venders" means, that there are in fact a lot of politics going on.
If you piss off one guy, then he or the others won't sell to you.
The other thing is that a lot of these people only do this stuff part time.
They don't sell the "good stuff" every day, they stay in business by selling
the little
things we all need. By supporting them this way it keeps them in business.
If they were nt around and the only parts you could get were from ACE
Hardware,
where would you get a new angle drive or window switch?

The more vendors the better.
Competition keeps the prices down.
If there were no vendors, and all there was was DMCH it would be like the
old D1 days.
People like Hervey keep the prices low because the other vendors need to
keep up.
Some of the vendors rely on loyalties, or will use tactics like: "buy
everything from me
or I will sell you nothing".....(I actually had a major vendor tell me
that!).

So, take time too revel in your spring purchase, but when you need something
serious
and hard to find you better be thankful to find a vendor that has been
saving that part
for the last 20 years just in case someone like you needs it.
-Videobob

Date: Fri, 25 Jun 2004 10:09:33 -0700 (PDT)
From: Dick Ryan <deloreanbiker_at_dml_yahoo.com>

Gotta respond.

As a DeLorean owner since September 1982, my
experience with "the vendors"  - except for ONE - has
always been professional and prompt.  Help via phone
to me or to a local mechanic here in Colorado is
always available at no charge.

Yes, on some occasions, the part I've needed has been
a slight amount more than I might have been able to
negotiate elsewhere, but not very often.  And, if it
doesn't work, doesn't fit, or I just plain ordered the
wrong part - - I can exchange it with no questions
asked.

As a former moderator, I can assure you that there is
neither an overt nor covert relationship between the
vendors and the DML.

Buy your parts where ever you wnat, but don't get
upset when others suggest supporting the DeLorean
vendor community.

Dick Ryan
VIN 16867

Date: Fri, 25 Jun 2004 08:40:18 -0700 (PDT)
From: Marc Levy <malevy_nj_at_dml_yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: Steering Column bushing replacement

I thihnk it is eaiser to pull the column..  Remember
to mark the shaft and u-joint so you can put it back
the same way it came out!

<SNIP>

Date: Fri, 25 Jun 2004 15:00:23 EDT
From: Soma576_at_dml_aol.com

In a message dated 6/25/04 10:27:20 AM Central Daylight Time,
johnzd81_at_dml_yahoo.com writes:

> Is it necessary to pull the entire column to replace the lower
> bushing (in the pedal box) or can you remove the bolts at the U-
> joint, and slide the new bushing up into place and lock it down?
>
> Thanks in advance!
> VIN 1674

The steering column has to come out.  the lip on the one side of the bushing
goes on the inside of the firewall so it cannot be slid thru the firewall.

to replace:
1. Loosen steering column U-joints by removing pinch bolts and sliding
intermediate shaft (rod between both joints) and joints from the upper column. make
sure you mark it first with a scratch or marker so you put it back together
straight.

2. remove both left and right knee pads on driver's side

3. remove big lock nuts and bolts (2 ea.) from the column mount/brace

4. drop column down and disconnect all wiring harnesses

5. pull column from firewall and remove old bushing

6. spray silicone lubricant on new bushing and put against firewall. use a
long breaker bar or pipe so you can hit the bushing in from further away.  drive
the bushing in with the pipe/bar.

7. you may want to remove the inner part of the column and install that into
the firewall and upper U-joint first, remember to line it up with the mark you
made.

8 install the rest of the column and put the rest of the dash back together.
put antiseize all over the insides of the U-joints.

good luck!

Date: Fri, 25 Jun 2004 13:59:04 -0400
From: Travis Goodwin <tgoodwin_at_dml_vantagep.com>
Subject: DMC Houston's "New" DeLorean

With the introduction of a new DeLorean, how does this affect the NOS
situation for body panels and parts?

Does this lead the way for the possibility of new body molds?

Date: Fri, 25 Jun 2004 12:37:12 -0500
From: "Joseph Kuchan" <josephkuchan_at_dml_hotmail.com>
Subject: RE: Vac Solenoid

It doesn't matter how the wires are connected but the two vacuum lines must
go on in proper order. (Reference the vacuum diagram.)

>From: "Dani B" <5n-_at_dml_gmx.net>
>To: dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com
>Subject: [DML] Vac Solenoid
>Date: Fri, 25 Jun 2004 00:48:19 -0000
>
>I just put on a new cap and rotor, and now when I'm driving-especially
>up a hill my engine misfires terribly, it is very embarassing. Anyway,
>I am suspecting the vacuum solenoid, it is the original one, still
>clicks but sometimes it sounds odd when testing it. Anyway-does it
>matter how the wires are connected to the solenoid?- I can't determine
>if I have them on backwards or if they are on right. Is there any
>other ways to better test it?  The cap and rotor are from Advance
>Auto, they weren't Bosch but the parts look exactly the same, I triple
>checked that all the wires were installed deep enough into the cap-I
>didn't check that they were in the right order but I'll do that
>tomorrow. So I don't suspect the cap-maybe I should? Thanks for all
>the help - Dani B. #5003

>http://groups.yahoo.com/group/dmcnews

Get fast, reliable Internet access with MSN 9 Dial-up  now 3 months FREE!

Date: Fri, 25 Jun 2004 16:30:46 -0400
From: "Nathan Gess" <gess_at_dml_wpa.net>
Subject: RE: DMC Houston's "New" DeLorean and INSTRUMENTATION

Hello,

SpeedHut will remove their logo for $10 if you ask them in their
comments field while submitting your order.  Feel free to write and
e-mail them, but over at www.dodgeintrepid.net we have a group buy going
and that was one of the concerns that we covered.

Best of luck,

Nathan Gess

Date: Fri, 25 Jun 2004 14:25:47 -0400
From: "Dave Stragand" <dave.stragand_at_dml_forwardlook.net>

Dave Sontos wrote:

> I would love to see a slide presentation of a engine conversion or of the
vixen car restoration.

Funny you should mention that.  I made a movie for the show, and brought it
on VHS, Digital 8, and Video CD.  They didn't have a VHS player at the
convention center, the Video CD would not play right in their computer, and
Juley's camera for the Digital 8 playback got stolen along with the tape.

I will bring it along to Chicago, but I'll also probably put it up on the
Project Vixen website as well shortly.

-Dave Stragand
VIN #05927
http://www.ProjectVixen.com

Date: Fri, 25 Jun 2004 12:41:46 -0700 (PDT)
From: Shannon Yocom <ssdelorean_at_dml_yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: Another... Cold Start Problem

Harold,
Thanks, I will check those wires and switch.

David T,
I get the same problem with no humidity or high humidity. It really depends on
how long the car has sat without being ran. I know I need a possible valve
adjustment on the 4,5,6 side. Checking the plugs for wear is on my to-do list.
They were installed last May and have just under 17k miles on them along with the
wires, cap, rotor & O2 sensor. Air filter was changed just before Pigeon Forge.

Shannon Y
16506
------------------------
------------------------
Sounds like the thermo-time switch mounted on the waterpump is not functioning
or, the wires are not connected well at the switch. Since the wire switch thing
worked for you the cold-start valve is apparently working ok.

Harold McElraft - 3354
------------------------
------------------------
Was the humidity really high? It sounds like you need a tune-up replacing the
cap, rotor, ignition wires, and spark plugs. Under high humidity conditions the
secondary ignition system breaks down and the spark doesn't get to the worn spark
plugs. Once you get the motor a little warm it is fine. To complete the tune-up
you should also replace the air filter, the O2 sensor, clean the fuel injectors,
and adjust the valves. You should make sure all the engine systems are
functioning, check the timing, and no vacuum leaks. Don't touch the mixture
screw. If it was properly set in the first place it should not need to be
touched.
David teitelbaum

http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail

Date: Fri, 25 Jun 2004 17:18:45 -0400
From: "Hank" <henry_at_dml_ix.netcom.com>

>I am not exactly sure why 20 years
>later they are still protecting the "company secrets",
>but have to respect their wishes.

One might surmise, that if you lost millions of dollars in a spectacular flame out of two companies, one of which was your pride and joy that you spent years building up from scratch with your own two hands, you would be a little hesitant to release the last vestige of what remains. I don't blame Fred if that's the way he feels - I'd most likely do the same thing in his position.

Then again, perhaps he's planning on using much of that technology on JZD's new car.   (j/k)

-Hank

Date: Fri, 25 Jun 2004 18:14:22 EDT
From: doctorDHD_at_dml_aol.com
Subject: re: Help

You can force the fuel pump to run by using a jumper on the RPM relay from
terminal  #30 to #87.

You should do this cautiously and only for testing purposes.

If the car still won't start. You can pull out one injector and see if it  is
spraying fuel when the RPM relay is jumped and the air metering plate is
depressed.

Be very careful, atomized gasoline makes a nice explosion and fire.

Dave & 6530

Message: 24
Date: Fri, 25 Jun 2004 13:52:13 -0000
From: "andy" <andydandy777_at_dml_aol.com>
Subject: help

car in storage for  over two years, i cleaned out the fuel tank,
added new pump, filter,  accelerator now car will not run, i suspect
that it isnt getting fuel  since the pump only runs when engine is
running, how do get fuel to the  engine?

Thank  you,

Dave

"Just Say  NO, to the COUCH POTATO!"

To see how go to _www.tvpedaler.com_ (http://www.tvpedaler.com/)

Date: Fri, 25 Jun 2004 22:29:53 +0100
From: "Chris" <chris_at_dml_internets.freeserve.co.uk>
Subject: Re: Re: Legend Turbo question

> The person you are probably refering to is Fred Dellis. He was the
> owner of Legend Industries. His company went bankrupt after DMC went
> bankrupt owing Legend millions of dollars.

I spoke to Fred about this at the DCS car show and he said the main reason
Legend went bankrupt was not due to DMC, which he felt they could have
weathered, but due to Fiat pulling an order for 4,000 engines.

Just to say I had a fantastic time at PF, thanks again Ken, family and
others who worked in the background for all your hard work.

Chris Spratt

Date: Fri, 25 Jun 2004 23:09:25 -0000
From: "therealdmcvegas" <dmcvegas_at_dml_cox.net>

I'm not an engineer on the Legend motor, so I have no idea what makes
it so special. However, when reading up on turbo charging, I came
across a small article talking about Fred Dellis, and some earlier
work he did with Porsches.

I won't bother going into the aspects of turbo charging, but basicly
Dellis seems to have found a really unique, and economical way to take
a regular turbo charger, and incorporate Variable geometry into it.
Sequencial chargers are expensive, and add to the weight of the car.
Traditional VGTs have a high failure rate because the vanes can coke
up too easily, and get stuck. Garret (I beleieve) now has a new
charger out that uses sliding vanes, rather than rotating. This way
they clean themselves automaticly.

Fred Dellis had a design called "Bias Control". How the feedback
system on the car works, I don't have any information on (it somehow
measures both exhaust pressure, and intank vacuum). But basicly, he
incorporated the wastegate as a functional part of the turbo, rather
than just being a safety device. From idle, the the wastegate is wide
open. This lets the exhaust gases flow out, with as litttle resistance
as possible, allowing the car to take off with quickly, with no lag.
Some of the exhaust gasses are routed thru turbine, and begin to spool
it up. As the turbine speeds up, the wastegate begins to close. Boost
is acheived in the same amount of time, but the lag is eliminated. I'm
pretty sure that this also has some sort of control over ingition as
well, and requires a few custom components such as manifolds, fuel
distributors, etc. From what I can tell, this was all a mechanical
based feedback system, rather than electronic. I've only run across
this artice once, and only a small mention of someone finding an old
924 with this system installed.

Like I say, I've no idea if this is the same system that was installed
on the DeLorean prototypes, but it is definetly a start, and the only
thing that I ever seen simular. Same case, Dellis was pretty quiet
about exactly how the Bias Control worked. I'll see if I can find the
website which featured the article. If not, I'm sure it's listed on
the InfoTrac database.

Date: Fri, 25 Jun 2004 19:24:15 -0400
From: "Mark" <mark_at_dml_meninblack.ca>
Subject: Re: DMC Houston's "New" DeLorean

Actually, I was meaning to ask this...

In the book "Dream Maker", a full-size wood model was mentioned as having
been created to make dies from.

Does anybody know what happened to this wooden mold?

Mark.

Date: Fri, 25 Jun 2004 23:35:45 -0000
From: "content22207" <brobertson_at_dml_carolina.net>
Subject: Re: Carburetor intakes?

Peugeot:
- Do not know (sorry)
Renault:
- Dual carb (low compression) 1 and 2 barrel Webbers in series
- 6 pack (high compression) three 2 barrel Webbers in tandem
Volvo:
- A series: 1 barrel (manufacturer?)

I'm currently running an A series manifold with an adapter to mate a 2
barrel Motorcraft (Holly). Came jetted for a 1976 Mustang (2800cc
German engine). Primary jets work better than excellent (eh,
Jason...). Secondaries (yes, it has both) are way too rich. As soon as
possible I'm going to investigate disabling them altogether. Are not
needed on PRV. Pic in #5939's photo album. Jai Johnston also
photographed with the air filter in place.

Note that Volvo A series designates fuel delivery method, *NOT* age of
the engine. My new engine was built sometime after mid-late 1985,
based on dates cast into various components.

FYI:
- All PRV's are same intake valley width. Use same 4 manifold bolt
locations too.
- PRV's before B280 (Chrysler 3.0) have smaller intake ports.
- PRV mechanical fuel pump is plunger operated, not lever. Hard to
find. Volvo used electric pumps (one in the tank, one at the front of
the car) even on A series. I'm running a 6 PSI electric pump in the
tank, using stock DeLo boot, wiring, etc. Ran a single new line to the
back of the car rather than routing gas through various K Jetronic
pipes and components (accumulator, mombo fuel filter).

Contact me off List if you're serious about converting
(brobertson(at)carolina.net).

>--- In dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com, "Dani B" <5n-_at_dml_g...> wrote:
> Does anyone know which vehicles intake manifold (carbureted) fits
the PRV?