From: <dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com>
To: <dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com>
Subject: [DML] Digest Number 2086
Date: Friday, June 25, 2004 7:46 PM

There is 1 message in this issue.

Topics in this digest:

1. Re: Vac Solenoid
From: "content22207" <brobertson_at_dml_carolina.net>

Message: 1
Date: Fri, 25 Jun 2004 23:56:47 -0000
From: "content22207" <brobertson_at_dml_carolina.net>
Subject: Re: Vac Solenoid

Sounds to me like you've mixed up the firing order.

All vacuum advances are basically inactive at wide open throttle, such
as accelerating uphill.

DeLo spark advance cutoff solenoid is only active at idle anyway (part
of idle speed microswitch circuit). Is used to keep 17 inches of
vacuum off the diaphragm until throttle plates start to open, at which
time it shoots the full remaining vacuum! You could accomplish the
same thing much more smoothly by running vacuum advance from one of
the ported vacuum nipples under the throttle plates.