From: <dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com>
To: <dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com>
Subject: [DML] Digest Number 2090
Date: Monday, June 28, 2004 1:47 PM

1. VIN SCEDT26T1BD003092 on ebay (CARFAX anyone?)
From: "stevedmc" <SteveDMC_at_dml_ponchatoulahigh.com>

2. DeLorean for sale in Vegas.
From: "therealdmcvegas" <dmcvegas_at_dml_cox.net>

3. Re: Door locking system question
From: "Dani B" <5n-_at_dml_gmx.net>

4. Re: Rebuilding ignition distributor
From: Martin Gutkowski <martin_at_dml_delorean.co.uk>

5. EFI fuel preasures?
From: nicholden_at_dml_yahoo.com

6. Defrost switch.
From: "Ed Garbade" <edgarbade_at_dml_hotmail.com>

7. Bad bearing or...?
From: "Dani B" <5n-_at_dml_gmx.net>

8. Another Ebay car
From: "Dani B" <5n-_at_dml_gmx.net>

9. How do you Top Pigeon Forge
From: kKoncelik_at_dml_aol.com

10. Dallas Fort Worth Owners
From: "Robert Moseley" <videobob_at_dml_hotmail.com>

11. RE: Re: Raffle car winner
From: service_at_dml_techno-concepts.com

12. RE: Defrost switch.
From: "John Hervey" <john_at_dml_specialtauto.com>

13. Did you shoot any video in Pigeon Forge?
From: "Robert Moseley" <videobob_at_dml_hotmail.com>

14. Re: Bad bearing or...?
From: tobyp_at_dml_katewwdb.com

15. Re: How do you Top Pigeon Forge
From: "Jake Kamphoefner" <jakekamp_at_dml_sbcglobal.net>

16. the Josh award
From: Josh Haldeman <jhaldeman_at_dml_fuse.net>

17. Re: Bad bearing or...?
From: "David Teitelbaum" <jtrealty_at_dml_webspan.net>

18. Re: Another Ebay car
From: kKoncelik_at_dml_aol.com

19. Re: Bad bearing or...?
From: "Mark" <mark_at_dml_meninblack.ca>

20. Re: Bad bearing or...?
From: "erikgeerdink" <erikgeerdink_at_dml_yahoo.com>

21. Re: How do you Top Pigeon Forge
From: Soma576_at_dml_aol.com

22. Items ordered at DCS Pigeon Forge
From: kKoncelik_at_dml_aol.com

23. Wanted !!........Early Coil Cover
From: "Mike" <mike.bosworth_at_dml_btinternet.com>

24. Re: How do you Top Pigeon Forge
From: "therealdmcvegas" <dmcvegas_at_dml_cox.net>

25. Another DeLorean giveaway
From: Travis Goodwin <tgoodwin_at_dml_vantagep.com>

Message: 1
Date: Sun, 27 Jun 2004 15:46:44 -0500
From: "stevedmc" <SteveDMC_at_dml_ponchatoulahigh.com>
Subject: VIN SCEDT26T1BD003092 on ebay (CARFAX anyone?)

I am thinking about purchasing a DeLorean on ebay.  I should have mentioned
it to the list earlier.  The auction ends in about 4 hours.

The VIN is SCEDT26T1BD003092 and it is on ebay.

The ebay link is
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=248260850
4&category=31830&sspagename=WDVW#ebayphotohosting

Has anyone viewed this car or can anyone do a carfax on the VIN number?

Please email me back at stevedmc(at)ponchatoulahigh.com

Thanks,
Stephen

Date: Sun, 27 Jun 2004 22:03:06 -0000
From: "therealdmcvegas" <dmcvegas_at_dml_cox.net>
Subject: DeLorean for sale in Vegas.

Saw this car for sale in the paper, and I know who's it is. Owner is
asking $10K OBO, and I would estimate it'd be worth it. 81, auto, back
interior, w/gas flap. Brand new 3 layer radiator. Car runs hot from
last I heard (unknown why, but sounded like air in the lines), but
drives, and shifts ok. Has no major electrical problems that I saw,
just a couple of burned out fuses preventing the door lights from
turning on. Also has a bad acumulator, and suffers from typlical hot
start problem, and needs an A/C recharge. Interior seemed to be in
great condition last time I saw it in October. Decent heritage, with
DW issue accompanying it, where car itself was featured on the cover
whilst in Hawaii. BUT, the car will have a difficult time passing
smog. All I know is that his "buddy" got the car to pass smog last
time (HC pass, but O2 & CO2 failed). And the car has not been serviced
by the appropriate DeLorean mechanics.

Owner is a nice guy, but is not a car guy, and is not familiar with
his car (read: frustrated). Phone # is (702) 897-2941 5pm-11pm only.
Contact me offlist if you want to know more. Good car, and I'd like to
see it change hands ovver to someone that's going to give it the
upkeep it deserves.

Date: Sun, 27 Jun 2004 23:43:20 -0000
From: "Dani B" <5n-_at_dml_gmx.net>
Subject: Re: Door locking system question

Thank you all for your help. I wired into the brown/slate and
brown/pink wires making the remote locking part of the alarm system
work and completing the overall intallment. It is nice being able to
lock, unlock and start the car just from a remote! Thanks again, Dani
B. #5003

Date: Mon, 28 Jun 2004 01:12:30 +0100
From: Martin Gutkowski <martin_at_dml_delorean.co.uk>
Subject: Re: Rebuilding ignition distributor

I've heard from Don Steger that most delorean dizzy's only have one
spring. I've seen them with two, and one, and on the ones with one, no
evidence of a broken spring. We had one customer with serious running
problems at 4800rpm+ Adding the missing spring cured the problem.

For the record, it's not the same as the one for the other weight, and
it's not a case that "any old spring will do".

We've fitted several Volvo dizzys to replace the DeLorean ones. They all
have different weights and ALL have two springs.

Date: Sun, 27 Jun 2004 22:11:30 -0000
From: nicholden_at_dml_yahoo.com
Subject: EFI fuel preasures?

I am about to replace my fuel pump but am also concidering an EFI
upgrade while to car is off the road. Do the EFI systems run the
same fuel pump/preasures that the K Jetronic do or should i be
replacing it with a different pump if i want to convert to efi? I
also have my body off at the moment and therefore should i be
changing fuel lines to suit as well?
Thanks NICK. 10927

Date: Sun, 27 Jun 2004 21:44:29 -0400
From: "Ed Garbade" <edgarbade_at_dml_hotmail.com>
Subject: Defrost switch.

Defrost switch just quit switching.  Pulled it out and notice something
sounded loose.  I now have a couple parts floating inside the switch (bar,
piece of metal, and spring).  Can this be rebuilt?  Anyone know how to
rebuild or have diagrahms?

Ed

Get fast, reliable Internet access with MSN 9 Dial-up  now 3 months FREE!

Date: Mon, 28 Jun 2004 02:59:42 -0000
From: "Dani B" <5n-_at_dml_gmx.net>
Subject: Bad bearing or...?

Whenever I drive my car, I get this roar coming from the
underneith/outside. It would sound as if I had some hardcore knobies
installed and driving 80 with them on pavement. It is very loud when
driving a straight line, and it seems to disappear when steering to
the right WHILE driving; not a slow turn. Steering left renders no
change in noise, or maybe slightly louder, its hard to tell. I can't
even determine if it is coming from the front or from the rear.
Before-it wasn't so bad, but now it makes my car vibrate sometimes- I
thought it would be a loose bearing, so I shook my wheels to see if
anything would move irregularly-came up with nothing unusual. How
would I determing which bearing
this is without tearing down each carrier? Is there anything else I
should
be looking at that would cause these same symptoms? Thank you all for
your past and future responses! Dani B. #5003

Date: Mon, 28 Jun 2004 03:06:19 -0000
From: "Dani B" <5n-_at_dml_gmx.net>
Subject: Another Ebay car

A California rust free car? Was there really only 63 made with
Automatic and black interior-out of the thousands made? ;)
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi
ewItem&rd=1&item=2483240522&category=31830

Date: Sun, 27 Jun 2004 21:26:05 EDT
From: kKoncelik_at_dml_aol.com
Subject: How do you Top Pigeon Forge

Well each show year people ask me How do you top this show. That was asked
after Cincinnati, Cleveland, Memphis and now Pigeon Forge.

Well I think the so called Monkey is off my back now.

The question is now How does anyone Top Josh
Now two time winner. (Memphis and Pigeon Forge)
Sorry Darren not even close LOL
The award is now the Josh Award
We figured it did not need a last name
You know kinda like Cher, no need for a last name

Now there is a hard act to follow.

We are sitting here reading the paper article on it and decided we no longer
need to worry about entertainment, guest speakers, cars, what we are going to
serve for dinner or excitement. With Josh we have it all.  No other show can
give you more LOL

This award is bound to be coveted by a select few.

I am  glad he is such a good sport and I know I will end up helping him fix
his car so don't worry about Josh we will take good care of him.  (We need him
and his car for Chicago)

This e-mail is made in Jest
We wish there would have been no mishaps and are glad no one was hurt.

Date: Mon, 28 Jun 2004 03:41:39 -0000
From: "Robert Moseley" <videobob_at_dml_hotmail.com>
Subject: Dallas Fort Worth Owners

Hi, I am posting this message again to any new people who might be
lurking around out there who live in or around the Dallas, Fort Worth
Texas area. If you own a Delorean driving or not, or used to own one
or are hoping to have one we would like to meet you!
"we" are the "Dallas Fort Worth Delorean Motor Club".
A very informal club with no dues or politics.
We are planning our first get-to-gether soon and hope to have
about 10 owners/cars present for the firt show.
We will have lunch, get to know each other, trade tips and get a look
at each others cars for ideas.
Local vendor John Hervey should be able to make an appearance
to help with tech questions and supply much needed parts and goodies
for us and save on shipping costs.

If you are interested in being a part of our first party
please contact me directly off the post, and check out
http://www.dfwdmc.com for more info.

Thnaks,
- Videobob
VIN#5278

Date: Sun, 27 Jun 2004 23:25:30 -0400
From: service_at_dml_techno-concepts.com
Subject: RE: Re: Raffle car winner

Going By the name this is the same guy who sells brake rotors and home made
shocks on ebay
it's only $1 and that same money your throwing away could help some needy
family some place
rather then some guy line his pockets on a car you will never see. We did
send this over to the FL state/tax offices
I don't think you will see this add soon.
let's leave the raffle car's to Ken Koncelik...

Date: Sun, 27 Jun 2004 22:45:43 -0500
From: "John Hervey" <john_at_dml_specialtauto.com>
Subject: RE: Defrost switch.

Ed, There are several electrical items I can rebuild, the window switches,
the defrost switch, lock module, and head light switch and the automatic
transmission governor.
Email or call about particulars.

Date: Mon, 28 Jun 2004 03:49:30 -0000
From: "Robert Moseley" <videobob_at_dml_hotmail.com>
Subject: Did you shoot any video in Pigeon Forge?

Hi, I am posting this message again for any of the people who missed it,
but if you shot any video going to, at or from Pigeon Forge please let
me know! I am making a HUGE DVD of the show that will be available soon.
I would like to get copies of any tapes you might have out there so we
can have the biggest video ever!
I will pay for copies, shipping, etc and you will get a free copy of
the finished video along with a credit on the video.
Please contact me immediately if you have something to contribute!
Thanks again,

Date: Mon, 28 Jun 2004 03:46:24 -0000
From: tobyp_at_dml_katewwdb.com
Subject: Re: Bad bearing or...?

Dani - Could be a bearing going bad, or getting loose due to wear.
Look carefully at your brake rotors to see if you are getting some
contact between a brake caliper and a rotor.  Jack up the car and
spin each wheel, listening for any noise coming from the bearings,
or any feel of roughness or grinding.  Shake each wheel to see if
there is any play at all.  You can't really tell much when the car
is on the ground.  Let the List know what you've found.

Toby peterson  VIN 2248 "Winged1"
DeLorean Parts Northwest, LLC
www.delorean-parts.com

Date: Mon, 28 Jun 2004 00:17:58 -0500
From: "Jake Kamphoefner" <jakekamp_at_dml_sbcglobal.net>
Subject: Re: How do you Top Pigeon Forge

> We are sitting here reading the paper article on it and decided we no
longer
> need to worry about entertainment, guest speakers, cars, what we are going
> serve for dinner or excitement. With Josh we have it all.  No other show
can
> give you more LOL

Ken, could you (or anyone else for that matter) scan that newspaper article
and post it on the DCS site or in the photo section of Yahoo?  I wanted to
see it, but they were all gone by the time I got out of bed.  I'm not
surprised!

Jake "hoping to never win the Josh award" Kamphoefner
-speaking for me and 1063 ;-)

Date: Mon, 28 Jun 2004 02:33:44 -0400
From: Josh Haldeman <jhaldeman_at_dml_fuse.net>
Subject: the Josh award

Everyone will be happy, (I hope) to know that I made it home without any
further incident.  I honestly can't figure out how I can drive 600 miles
without a single issue...then when I get in my car to move it a few
feet, I get creamed.  Exact same scenario as Memphis...maybe I should
FLY to Chicago...no wait...it may not be a good idea to get on a plane
with my luck!  I think a rental car may be the way to go. (haha)

As for the "Josh award", all I can say, is that if Claudia presents it
again, I'll do whatever it takes to win every time! (haha)  Also...in my
defense...I did have the better half of 5 cars at the show, and I only
slightly damaged one...that's a lot better than last time!

Darren...I feel for ya brother!  I can get you a great deal on a used LH
front fender if you haven't already purchased one.  E-mail me off list
if interested.  (jhaldeman(at)fuse.net)

Take care,
Josh
VIN 5102 (upset with me, but still running perfectly with over 167,000
miles)
VIN 15964
VIN 3951 (parts)
VIN 11289 (parts)
VIN 10236 (parts)

Date: Mon, 28 Jun 2004 04:01:51 -0000
From: "David Teitelbaum" <jtrealty_at_dml_webspan.net>

I am guessing C/V joints. Jack up the rear wheels and put it in drive
and see if you have the vibration. It can be wheel bearings, tires,
loose lug nuts, out of balance tires, etc.

Date: Mon, 28 Jun 2004 08:13:23 EDT
From: kKoncelik_at_dml_aol.com
Subject: Re: Another Ebay car

In a message dated 6/27/2004 11:11:02 PM Eastern Daylight Time, 5n-_at_dml_gmx.net
writes:
Was there really only 63 made with
Automatic and black interior-out of the thousands made? ;)
if that is it I have two of them and one of them may become a raffle car if I
decide to do another one.

Date: Mon, 28 Jun 2004 08:43:25 -0400
From: "Mark" <mark_at_dml_meninblack.ca>

Dani,

In my experience, such a noise would suggest a wheel bearing, CV joint, or
ball joint.

Good luck with it.

Mark.

Date: Mon, 28 Jun 2004 12:02:20 -0000
From: "erikgeerdink" <erikgeerdink_at_dml_yahoo.com>

Dani,
I have this exact same problem and I haven't been able to diagnose
it.  If you get a response from this please let me know.

Thanks!
Erik

Date: Mon, 28 Jun 2004 10:13:44 EDT
From: Soma576_at_dml_aol.com

In a message dated 6/27/04 10:13:22 PM Central Daylight Time,
kKoncelik_at_dml_aol.com writes:

> I am  glad he is such a good sport and I know I will end up helping him fix
> his car so don't worry about Josh we will take good care of him.  (We need
> him
> and his car for Chicago)
>
> This e-mail is made in Jest
> We wish there would have been no mishaps and are glad no one was hurt.
>

> Ken

Ken,

With the announcement of this coveted award, i hope no one tries to compete
with Josh by running their car off a cliff or thru a shopping mall!

Date: Mon, 28 Jun 2004 08:19:54 EDT
From: kKoncelik_at_dml_aol.com
Subject: Items ordered at DCS Pigeon Forge

If the following people can email me
I am filling your orders from PF and want to be sure you get what you ordered
and in some cases the orders may already be filled so I just need to confirm

Jeremy Popp
Virginia Stiefel
Aarom Peterson
Ron Slaw
Marcus Merritt
Jerry Brick
John Stiefel (ohio)
Bruce Coulombe

please e-mail me back privately
thanks

Date: Mon, 28 Jun 2004 13:12:47 -0000
From: "Mike" <mike.bosworth_at_dml_btinternet.com>
Subject: Wanted !!........Early Coil Cover

Hi All Does any one know where i can get a new 'early' plastic coil
cover from??

Thanks All

Mike

bozzzy
doc403

Date: Mon, 28 Jun 2004 17:58:05 -0000
From: "therealdmcvegas" <dmcvegas_at_dml_cox.net>

I've never taken my car to any kind of car show, let alone one
specificly for DeLoreans. But I WILL be attending the next one in
Phesant Run come hell or high water. Since I've never been to one of
Ken's shows in the past, I really don't have any input as to what I'd
like to see changed.

However, something that I really would like to see is all the cars
parked in chronological order in an "assembly line" pose. I think
that this would be really neat to not only see certain groups of
cars "reunited" since they left the factory, with markers of some
sort to designate them. But to also see somewhat of a live history of
production changes starting with the first car, and ending with the
last. And how much differently they've turned out over the years. And
for the gaps, we could place signage up to show their current
location, per the DOD.

I think that this in itself could also be a big motivator to
encourage people to bring their cars, so they could be apart of this.
Out of all the car shows that other marques have ever had, I've never
heard of anyone every attempting this. So it'd definetly be unique to
DeLoreans. Thoughts anyone?

Date: Mon, 28 Jun 2004 12:49:48 -0400
From: Travis Goodwin <tgoodwin_at_dml_vantagep.com>
Subject: Another DeLorean giveaway