From: <dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com>
To: <dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com>
Subject: [DML] Digest Number 2092
Date: Tuesday, June 29, 2004 6:24 PM

1. Re: Bad bearing or...? (Goodyear/Kelly Springfield)
From: "content22207" <brobertson_at_dml_carolina.net>

2. Re: Another Ebay car
From: "Joe OBrien" <joeyoseppijoe_at_dml_yahoo.com>

3. Re: Bad bearing or...? (Tire Roar)
From: "content22207" <brobertson_at_dml_carolina.net>

4. Frame restoration project
From: "Dani B" <5n-_at_dml_gmx.net>

5. Logo? (WAS: Another DeLorean giveaway)
From: Marc Levy <malevy_nj_at_dml_yahoo.com>

6. Re: Pigeon Forge Show disappointing
From: Eric Itzel <eric_at_dml_seviernet.com>

7. Re: Pigeon Forge Show disappointing
From: Marc Levy <malevy_nj_at_dml_yahoo.com>

8. Re: Bad bearing or...?
From: "Richard" <dmc_driver_at_dml_yahoo.ca>

9. RE: Re: Another DeLorean giveaway
From: "Michael C. Babb" <mcb_at_dml_babbtechnology.com>

10. Center Bezel for radio mounting
From: "dom1172" <dom_diaz_at_dml_hotmail.com>

11. Re: Bad bearing or...? (Tire Roar)
From: "erikgeerdink" <erikgeerdink_at_dml_yahoo.com>

12. Re: Pigeon Forge Show disappointing
From: kKoncelik_at_dml_aol.com

13. Re: Brakes Squeaking deuce
From: "thebrave65" <johnnysher1_at_dml_cox.net>

14. Re: Pigeon Forge Show disappointing
From: "Dave Swingle" <swingle_at_dml_dmcnews.com>

15. RE: Pigeon Forge Show disappointing
From: service_at_dml_techno-concepts.com

16. JZD
From: "Fedeli, Joe (DSCP)" <Joe.Fedeli_at_dml_dla.mil>

17. Re: Logo? (WAS: Another DeLorean giveaway)
From: "wayofcain" <wayofcain_at_dml_yahoo.com>

18. Re: How do you Top Pigeon Forge
From: DmcGman_at_dml_comcast.net

19. Re: and another thing.............
From: Jake Kamphoefner <jakekamp_at_dml_sbcglobal.net>

20. RE: Re: Brakes squeaking
From: "SCOTT MUELLER" <scott.a.mueller_at_dml_mchsi.com>

21. Pigeon Forge Show NOT disappointing
From: "SCOTT MUELLER" <scott.a.mueller_at_dml_mchsi.com>

22. Re: JZD
From: "ryanpwright" <yahoo1_at_dml_ryanwright.com>

23. RE: and another thing.............
From: "Video Bob" <videobob_at_dml_hotmail.com>

24. RE: Re: Pigeon Forge Show disappointing
From: "Video Bob" <videobob_at_dml_hotmail.com>

25. Subwoofer
From: "Ancira Internet Department" <alex_at_dml_ancira.com>

Message: 1
Date: Tue, 29 Jun 2004 04:15:33 -0000
From: "content22207" <brobertson_at_dml_carolina.net>
Subject: Re: Bad bearing or...? (Goodyear/Kelly Springfield)

Goodyear owns Kelly Springfield. They are basically the same tires
(made in Fayetteville NC, with cores from Laurel Hill NC).

Tire roar DECREASES as tread depth wears.

DeLo's are rather noisy on the highway. You're basically hurtling at
80 mph in a big Rubbermaid container inches from the pavement. Pull
back the THIN carpets and you'll see what you're up against. Moreover,
driving position puts you somewhat reclined against the back wheels
(with a transmission under your other shoulder). Allows all sorts of
outside noises migrate into the passenger compartment.

Date: Tue, 29 Jun 2004 03:06:21 -0000
From: "Joe OBrien" <joeyoseppijoe_at_dml_yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: Another Ebay car

I talked to the guy in an effort to correct his errors. He stated
that other then the cruise control it was all origonal. Then I asked
him why didn't he say it was lowered? He then told me he had
recently just purchased the car a few years ago and it had been kept
in a storage facility since he bought it. He said he really doesn't
know anything about Deloreans & that is why he is selling it.

Joe O'Brien

2524 & 16634

Date: Tue, 29 Jun 2004 03:47:03 -0000
From: "content22207" <brobertson_at_dml_carolina.net>
Subject: Re: Bad bearing or...? (Tire Roar)

That's the problem with an aggressive (all season, off road, etc)
tread  versus a highway or touring tread. What you're actually hearing
is air being forced out of the lateral grooves. Is exacerbated by
softer "performance" tire rubber (50,000 mile versus 80,000 mile).

Until you've driven the same vehicle with opposite style tires, you
have no idea how loud and pervasive tire roar can be.

Date: Tue, 29 Jun 2004 04:43:39 -0000
From: "Dani B" <5n-_at_dml_gmx.net>
Subject: Frame restoration project

Well I finally uploaded all the pictures from my frame project back in
January. If anyone is attempting, or interested in attempting the same
thing, feel free to email me, I'd be glad to give you information,
answer any questions- and
help anyway that I can. The pictures as well as a small bit of
information is on my webpage below, these will take a while to load if
you are using dial-up. Enjoy!
Dani B. 5003    http://danbeksys.bravehost.com/danisdelorean5003.html

Date: Mon, 28 Jun 2004 18:31:47 -0700 (PDT)
From: Marc Levy <malevy_nj_at_dml_yahoo.com>
Subject: Logo? (WAS: Another DeLorean giveaway)

I wonder why the large photo of the DeLorean is
missing the grille "DMC" logo..  This looks to be a
late 81 car (Hood has lines, but no flap) so it was
not one of the very early cars without the logo.

What looks to be the same car in the animation on the
banner at the bottom of the screen HAS the logo, but
it is too small to see.

Assuming the photo of the car is from the same source
(why would it not be?) Why would someone go through
the trouble of removing the logo from the grill?

http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail

Date: Mon, 28 Jun 2004 23:59:25 -0400
From: Eric Itzel <eric_at_dml_seviernet.com>
Subject: Re: Pigeon Forge Show disappointing

DeLaurieann,

First of all, I must say I respect your opinion. Now I must say that you are
an outsider because you make yourself one. That is not the fault of anyone
else. There were plenty of people to converse with, plenty of friends that
have yet to cross your path, and plenty of passerby's that would just like a
word with anyone from the DMC crowd.

I too must criticize the sound and the facilities that the show was held in-
but that is not Ken's fault. I live in Pigeon Forge, and I must say that the
quality of such facilities around here are substandard compared to
elsewhere. Hell, I had my senior prom in that same convention hall, and the
quality was just as crappy then, too. It was, however, the only place in the
county that could support the number of DeLorean's required to be under a
roof.

Egomania? So what! I had the pleasure of shaking hands with Stephen Wynne,
Rob Grady, John Hervey, and many others that without them, the DeLorean
would be a giant junk-box. I was nice to meet John DeLorean's daughter.
Claudia Wells was a pleasure to talk with. I enjoyed Bob Gale, but didn't
talk to him personally. If our attention to these people has a potential for
building their personal egos, that's not my problem or concern. I for one
was happy to have them at the show.

Another fun aspect of the DeLorean world is the strange relations between
groups, vendors, and other owners. The DML and DMCForum were both there at
the show. Everybody got along, although I would guess a comical exchange was
in order, granting the differences of the two groups. All of the vendors got
together in the same room- not in all cases, but these guys are in
competition with each other. They got along just fine. Owners and people
from this list and other lists that have disagreements with eachother got
together- no punches were exchanged due to past discussions.

Basically, I'll sum up my opinion like this- you go to a car show to have
fun. However way suits your fancy is fine, but if your not having fun then
it might not be your thing.

I will ask this- Post your name. If you don't post your name, we don't know
who you are. This is the DML, not the USSR. You'll get positive and negative
the honest truth and a name to go alongside it.

If you go to Chicago, look me up. I'll introduce you to a bunch of friends I
met at PF that I'm sure I'll see again in Chicago.

Eric Itzel
vin 4433
eric_at_dml_seviernet.com

Date: Mon, 28 Jun 2004 19:03:25 -0700 (PDT)
From: Marc Levy <malevy_nj_at_dml_yahoo.com>

Why do you not identify yourself? It would give your
comments more validity.

You made no suggestions as to what you would like to
see, or what you were expecting.

Are you saying that the show is put on for the benefit
of Ken (THE organizer)?  Having spent many hours
helping Ken with this show, I could not disagree with
you more (if this is what you are trying to say).

Sure, we all love to be pat on the back.  We all have
Ego's that like to be stroked.  However, The DeLorean
Car Show is one of those events that seems to benefit
EVERYONE.

The obvious benefit is to the DeLorean owners, who
have the unique ability to see so many cars in one
place.  The best opportunity to compare cars, swap
stories, and have the car there to demonstrate.

Maybe not as obvious are the Vendors.  For the months
before this show we watched people on the DML and
DMCFORUM talking about all of the work they were doing
to get cars ready for the show, generating orders for
all of the vendors.  THEN the vendors come to the
show, and sold MORE there!  That vendor area was
PACKED.  Where else would you be able to shop for
DeLorean parts like that?

Does Ken benefit?  Sure.. He sells some of his parts,
and is told 500+ times what an amazing job he did
putting together a show.

What bugs be about your post is that Ken is open to
comment, criticism, and suggestion.

Frankly, I like the informal way the guest speakers
were handled.  Most of these people are NOT
professional speakers, and I think they all did an
amazing job.

Back in the olden days (Pre 1998!) the disbanding and
dislike for the DOA was a problem.  There were lots of
DeLorean owners (most of us on the DML) who were not
members of the DOA.  This excluded us from
participating in DOA events.  Ken came along and ran a
show that was open to EVERYONE, and welcomed more than
just the "concours" cars.  (Side note, Only 2 concours
cars this show...  Anyone see a trend?) Sure, anyone
COULD have done it..  But he DID.

My point is (yea, this is getting too long winded), is
you can choose to not return.. Or you can offer some
real suggestions and help make the show better... Or
are you from the DOA and trying to cause trouble?

Marc

--- dalaurieann <dalaurieann_at_dml_yahoo.com> wrote:
> I realize that by commenting on the show as I saw it
> will render
<SNIP>

Date: Tue, 29 Jun 2004 09:23:01 -0000
From: "Richard" <dmc_driver_at_dml_yahoo.ca>
Subject: Re: Bad bearing or...?

--- In dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com, "Dani B" <5n-_at_dml_g...> wrote:
> Whenever I drive my car, I get this roar coming from the
> underneith/outside. It would sound as if I had some hardcore knobies
> installed and driving 80 with them on pavement. It is very loud when
> driving a straight line, and it seems to disappear when steering to
> the right WHILE driving; not a slow turn. Steering left renders no
> change in noise, or maybe slightly louder, its hard to tell. I can't
> even determine if it is coming from the front or from the rear.
> Before-it wasn't so bad, but now it makes my car vibrate sometimes- I
> thought it would be a loose bearing, so I shook my wheels to see if
> anything would move irregularly-came up with nothing unusual. How
> would I determing which bearing
> this is without tearing down each carrier? Is there anything else I
> should
> be looking at that would cause these same symptoms? Thank you all for
> your past and future responses! Dani B. #5003

Hi Dani,

Actually, changing the wheel bearings isn't that big of a deal, at
least for the front wheels.  I did mine and just removed the brake
caliper assembly, leaving the lines connected and hung them with wire
up out of the way. Then I removed the whole wheel and rotor assembly
from the spindle and took it to a shop and had them press in the new
bearings.  When putting it back on, just remember to torque that nut
to the proper amount.  The front bearings were about 35 dollars apiece
from the vendors, so the're not that expensive.  The car is 23 years
old anyway, so it wouldn't hurt to put new ones on.  Try that and see
if that cures the noise.  I hate the thought of a wheel bearing
seizing up at 75mph.  Just my thoughts...

Richard Rowe

Date: Tue, 29 Jun 2004 07:27:55 -0400
From: "Michael C. Babb" <mcb_at_dml_babbtechnology.com>
Subject: RE: Re: Another DeLorean giveaway

The show is the DeLorean documentary made by D.A. Pennebaker and Chris
Hudges (probably spelling/remembering both of their names wrong).  It
covers the period of the company as they are just about to start
production (and are still ironing out a few "wrinkles") until the first
batch of cars has just shipped. A very interesting piece, you get to see
JZD and other executives in meetings discussing the car and the company.

It was being shown on Trio TV (www.triotv.com - though I can't get their
website up this morning)

Michael

Date: Tue, 29 Jun 2004 13:26:41 -0000
From: "dom1172" <dom_diaz_at_dml_hotmail.com>
Subject: Center Bezel for radio mounting

Anyone have one of the Houston pre-cut setups for modern DIN radios??
I called them but they don't have anymore and are 'working on getting
more'? I'm not crazy about cutting in to my existing one, please
contact me off list at dom_diaz_at_dml_hotmail.com if you know of one. Thank
you.

Dom

Date: Tue, 29 Jun 2004 13:13:26 -0000
From: "erikgeerdink" <erikgeerdink_at_dml_yahoo.com>

I have Yoko's on my car.  When I first had them put on there was a
slight hum when I turned left at speeds over 25.  Recently I took a
long trip up north to Traverse City, MI and when I returned I noticed
that the hum was now a roar coming from the back.  VERY loud.  I
don't think my bearings have ever been replaced, so I'm assuming
thats the problem.  The CV Joints were replaced about 4 years ago
when I first got the car.  Tire tread looks ok, but I'll have to
verify when I take the wheels off.

Erik

Date: Tue, 29 Jun 2004 08:52:36 EDT
From: kKoncelik_at_dml_aol.com

I think the comments made is interesting since I cannot find the person on
the registered list. So they either just walked in or registered at the show or
are using an alias e-mail.

If you  make a comment we all would respect it more if you identified
yourself.
Based on the lack of identifying yourself your comments mean very little to
anyone.

I have no comment rather than to say if you can do better (especially on the
budget we have )

be my guest I would love to retire from this and am looking for a
knowledgeble replacement.

If you want it its all yours.

Date: Tue, 29 Jun 2004 14:57:28 -0000
From: "thebrave65" <johnnysher1_at_dml_cox.net>
Subject: Re: Brakes Squeaking deuce

John, I had the same exact problem you describe.  Try just replacing
the shims and pads and see if that helps.

Johnny
5518

Date: Tue, 29 Jun 2004 14:08:56 -0000
From: "Dave Swingle" <swingle_at_dml_dmcnews.com>

Maybe a couple of minor points, but first, your commentary would be
taken more seriously if you were to identify yourself.

It was stated up front and on the signup forms that if you wanted to
get your car out before 5 pm, you need to park it outside. About half
the people there did that. After 5 there were only two cars left
inside (one was mine because I hitched a ride back to the hotel with
someone else).

The hotel issues were somewhat out of the organizer's control as the
hotel had changed ownership/management the day prior to the event.
Stuff happens.

In an event like this, the biggest issue is balancing cost vs
accessibility. Based on prior shows Ken had determined that people
were generally more interested in "being there" than in professional
entertainment. Professional entertainment and management would have
driven the cost up considerably and reduced the attendance. In an
area like Pigeon Forge there is plenty to do outside, in fact it was
strategized that people would come and go Saturday and take advantage
of the other entertainment in the area. The next show will probably
be a bit more self-contained due to the venue.

Anything like this can be improved, in fact Ken actively solicits
input. And he gets it! Every one of these shows has been very
different from the previous one, and Chicago will be no exception.

Dave Swingle

--- In dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com, "dalaurieann" <dalaurieann_at_dml_y...>

Date: Tue, 29 Jun 2004 09:54:29 -0400
From: service_at_dml_techno-concepts.com

There must be something wrong with me too!
I have to agree with Dalaurieann there was room for improvement,
I'm not sure if I could have done better.

First everyone had hotel problems and it seems like parking was all over the
place.
The Friday drive was a free-for-all; infact, we followed Marc Levy down the
wrong road
because we didn't what was going on.

Most of us spend lot of time maintaining and improving our cars but there
were no discussions
on this topic but hours about a movie. I would have liked to hear about ways
to improve
handling and power tricks others have found. Speaking to few other people,
they might agree.

I did enjoy seeing all the Deloreans together. However, I do feel the
atmosphere did
not lend itself well to a group enviroment and getting to know new people.

(identified myself, not intimidated)

Date: Tue, 29 Jun 2004 11:02:52 -0400
From: "Fedeli, Joe (DSCP)" <Joe.Fedeli_at_dml_dla.mil>
Subject: JZD

I had a unique opportunity to meet JZD and talk 1 on 1 to him for almost 3
hours which also happened to be on my birthday too!  He even bough me lunch
_at_dml_ his country club!  Extremely interesting man and varied subjects we talked
about...made my year.  He signed several items including my car purchased
new by me when he was still in business.  Anyone interested, please email me
directly so as not to 'crowd' the DML as I'm not sure everyone would be
interested.  I'll reply by mid July as I have another work related trip
coming up.

Joe

Date: Tue, 29 Jun 2004 13:52:10 -0000
From: "wayofcain" <wayofcain_at_dml_yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: Logo? (WAS: Another DeLorean giveaway)

The rules of the contest say it is a Delorean worth $16k or so with
107k miles on it. I would guess that it did not go through any of the
restoration that the Raffle D did. So my assumption is that, if the
car pictured is the one being given away, it probably lost that
somewhere in it's 107k miles.

Hopefully who ever wins it will eventually wander over to this news
group and we will all find out though, since I am very curious about
it's condition also.

Date: Tue, 29 Jun 2004 15:05:56 +0000
From: DmcGman_at_dml_comcast.net
Subject: Re: How do you Top Pigeon Forge

  The idea of cars in chronological order is a good idea.  The one aspect of the shows that I am not a fan of is that the cars are never parked in any type of order except for maybe the specialty cars or feature cars.  I realize that it is difficult especially with an indoor show.  But in Cleveland or Memphis it would have been nice to see them in chronological order or better yet in groups of mileage, as the categories are marked out for awards.  Again I realize it takes some planning.  For the next show I would like to see the cars parked in groups such as 0-10k, 10k-20k, and so on based on mileage as the awards are laid out.  You can always add a request for specialty awards judging such as shift knob and best stereo.  I enjoyed the Pigeon Forge show and the area itself.  However one area I would like to see improved is the judging.  Its not that the judges are not capable, but rather it is almost impossible to judge a class of cars and rank them, when you jump around, and do not have them together for a final review, after you have made your calculations as a judge.  If they are parks in a designated group, then you can walk past them to check the final calculations.
  I say this because we are talking about DeLorean judging specifically and in Pigeon Forge I saw some of the best DeLoreans I have seen at any show so far.  Not to mention the judging is of a single make of car, with hardly any factory differences, so that makes it even more important to have them in a group for comparison.  I think it would be much better to judge the cars after they are all parked for the show.  Having them parked together in classes according to mileage (if that is how the majority of awards is to be given out as in the past),  allows for owners and spectators to see how the cars in a certain class compare to each other.  No matter how good a judges score sheet is, going back and forth between different classes without a final walk through, or having the cars together,  makes it very difficult to really separate the condition of cars in a competing group.
  Again let me say I think the show was enjoyable as always.  Having the cars together in whatever groups they are to be categorized in is the only area of the show that I think should definitely be modified for the next event.  Its not a matter of receiving awards.  I am sure we all have a room full of awards from various shows we have attended.  I think most owners put a lot of time and effort cleaning their cars for the show portion because it is something they enjoy.  For the many hours spent preparing the cars, I think it would better suit the judges, owners, and spectators, to see the cars of designated classes together, as in most every other car show or national event.  Especially those national events for a certain marque.  I think the DeLorean Car Show is the most significant national event for our cars, and should follow along some of the lines as other national events such as those for other marques.  Again just my two cents as Josh requested to improve an already great event.
Gary Gore
<<In a message dated 6/28/2004 2:51:18 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
dmcvegas_at_dml_cox.net writes:
However, something that I really would like to see is all the cars
parked in chronological order in an "assembly line" pose. I think
that this would be really neat to not only see certain groups of
cars "reunited" since they left the factory, with markers of some
sort to designate them
--

If you want to do this its fine with me
We have the room I just need volunteers to make it happen

Date: Tue, 29 Jun 2004 08:00:24 -0700 (PDT)
From: Jake Kamphoefner <jakekamp_at_dml_sbcglobal.net>
Subject: Re: and another thing.............

dalaurieann <dalaurieann_at_dml_yahoo.com> wrote:
>In regards to Saturday night you need to stop and
>think about what entertainment value was there to those who were not
>recognized by verbal praise or some sort of award? It's nice to
>share in the accomplishments of others but there are limits on that
>as well. This was hour after hour after hour of ego feeding.
><snip>

> Every car owner who enters the show should
>receive some form of recognition just for participating in the show.

Ok.  I think I see what the problem is here.  Dalaurieann, not everyone can win everything.  We can't all be winners, otherwise, what's the point of the competition??  I will tell you how awesome your car is if it makes you feel better, but you won't post your name --so I guess that's out of the question.  The show is about having fun with other owners and enthusiasts.  Isn't it a little hard to get recognition, when no one knows you exist?

>A very detailed outline with plan B's

Whuh?  Not at this show.  This is what I like about DCS: informal presentation that makes us all feel like we can participate -and we can.  This show is about content, not about some meaningless pomp or pageant.  Ken can't offer "fun" in a big bowl at the end of the food line.  You can only have fun by being involved, and taking action to meet others.

I don't mean to criticize you for offering your opinion.  I offer this message as an explanation.  You criticism of the show is fine, as long as we keep it constructive.  But as stated previously, your criticism is truly baseless until you tell us who you are.  We don't even know if you were really there!

Jake Kamphoefner, driving 1063 in STL

Date: Tue, 29 Jun 2004 10:13:32 -0500
From: "SCOTT MUELLER" <scott.a.mueller_at_dml_mchsi.com>
Subject: RE: Re: Brakes squeaking

My steering would shake violently when I applied the brakes.  I thought that
the rotors were warped.  The rotors were fine; the pistons in the brake
calipers were hanging up because of crud and corrosion.  I have flushed the
brake system several times over the years.  You have three choices with the
calipers, rebuild them yourself, purchase rebuilt calipers or buy new ones.
I bought rebuilt loaded calipers from www.specialtauto.com.  I installed the
new parts and have had absolutely no problems with them.  I bought the
package that included new SS flex lines and the bleeder.

Scott Mueller

Date: Tue, 29 Jun 2004 10:13:32 -0500
From: "SCOTT MUELLER" <scott.a.mueller_at_dml_mchsi.com>
Subject: Pigeon Forge Show NOT disappointing

I would like to thank Ken Koncelik, his family and all of the others who
worked to make this car show one of the best that I have had the pleasure to
attend.

One of the best points of this show is the fact that so many of the
participants are recognized for there efforts in preparing there cars for
the show competition.  This is a single marquee show which lends itself to
breaking the competitors up into different categories.  When you have a
large number of participants, it will take a while to give everyone there
one minute of fame.  Ken has judged categories that included cars with
different amounts of miles, modified vs. unmodified, best lighting, best
wheels, toy models, BTTF, best stereo and others that I'm sure I missed.
Look at the number of awards given,
http://www.deloreancarshow.com/dcs-2004/awards.html, I counted 70+ awards
for 118 cars. The point is that at this show, your odds of winning an award
are pretty darn good.

The cost of the show was a good value.  We had good food, a great indoor
facility and I really enjoyed "NORK".  The celebrity guests were
entertaining.  I enjoy the tech talks and listening to the people who were
involved in the R & D and manufacturing of the car.  My wife and son
appreciated the location of the show since it afforded them plenty of
alternate activities for there entertainment.

I enjoy visiting with people that I only get to see at events like Pigeon
Forge, I sought out people that I only knew from the mailing lists just so I
could meet them face to face.

Having the vendors from various parts of the country in one room was great.
I really enjoy seeing what new products they have come up with.

The "DeLorean Car Show" has gotten better and bigger every year.  I have
been to Cincinnati, Cleveland, Memphis, Pigeon Forge and plan to attend
future shows.

I'll see you at Pheasant Run in 2006. www.deloreancarshow.com

Scott Mueller
2004 Concours-Operating Controls

Date: Tue, 29 Jun 2004 16:38:12 -0000
From: "ryanpwright" <yahoo1_at_dml_ryanwright.com>
Subject: Re: JZD

Joe,

I think most of us are interested. Why not post the whole story to the
DML? I'd love to hear it.

-Ryan

--- In dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com, "Fedeli, Joe (DSCP)" <Joe.Fedeli_at_dml_d...>

Date: Tue, 29 Jun 2004 12:02:46 -0500
From: "Video Bob" <videobob_at_dml_hotmail.com>

...wow.
All I can say is "wow".

You know, I have this entire event on tape, over 15 hours of it so far.
Anytime anyone was speaking or on stage I had the camera rolling.
The show went well or bad depending on who you are.
If you are new to the Delorean world like myself, just having the gathering
was
plenty enough. I was over impressed with the venue, and pleased with the
guests we had.
I suppose if the cars alone don't impress you, then the rest of the show
might not have been
as fun for you if you are a veteran.

However I must admit that myself along with everyone else felt that the band
that
was playing during Saturday was not needed.
It has nothing to do with their talents, but this show was about getting
together
and not trying to yell over the cover band. NO ONE was paying attention to
them.
The day should have had the video screens working with sound for those who
wanted to sit and watch them.
Now, Joe Charter playing during dinner WAS appropriate, and I thought his
LIVE
performance was good however the production of CD was not very good and I am
betting that the reason for everyone getting lost on the "Tail of the
Dragon" had less to
do with the mis-marked sign and more to do with the fact that it was torture
to listen
to that CD so most of us listen to some good rock and took our chances.

I agree that the end of the show was a little anti-climactic, and that
everything was too drawn out.
I think that we could have done everything in one day, the vendors and car
show.
I was there Wed, Thurs, Fri, Sat and Sun. This was just too long.

Concerning the awards, I think that the major show winners should be
presented and the
rest of the smaller goofy awards passed out privately - because unless your
car was in the show
you just don't give a crap about who had the best shifter knob - sorry.

The raffle took for-fricken-ever!
The tickets need to be sold through out the day, and then when the numbers
are called
you get one chance to run up there for your goodies or the next number is
called.
This went on into midnight.
Maybe the raffle should happen DURING dinner instead of a band?
This would be more efficient.

Speakers and guests:
....should have been instructed to go onto the stage and use the podium
microphone
so everyone could hear and see them.
Not everyone knows how to use a microphone.
Hervey had it at his waist, and Stegar was about to eat the friggin thing.
These people need to be prepped before hand and instructed on what to do.

Richard did the best job that he could as the MC, and I admit that the
"Joe Charter" comments were not cool whoever made them,
I felt so bad for that guy because it was so obvious that no one was paying
attention to him at all, and he could't give away his CD's.

With all this suggestion, I understand that poor Ken could only do so much.
I know what this is like because I do it all the time in events like this.

(Ken, I will commit to helping where I can at the next show).

Overall, I am not complaining - I had a blast and as a vender made some nice
scratch
that helped pay for my trip.
The problem was simply that there was not enough of Ken to go around and
there
needs to be producers in charge of wrangling up the speakers, keeping things
on time
and tending to needs.

This is a learning experience, and when you put on the largest Delorean car
show
that has ever been with several record breaking events you can't expect
everything
to go 100% perfect.

I am sure that Chicago will run smoother.
I will be there.

- Videobob
VIN#5278

PS: NOTE TO KEN:
If you need my help next show, keep in mind that I am a professional
comedian
as well as host of two national tv shows, so if you need stage help I can do
this
as an announcer or MC, or to work as a producer to prep the talent, etc.....
I can also help you edit any of the videos or slide shows so that they flow
on cue.
- VB

Date: Tue, 29 Jun 2004 12:14:17 -0500
From: "Video Bob" <videobob_at_dml_hotmail.com>
Subject: RE: Re: Pigeon Forge Show disappointing

...Concerning your comments on "costs",
I would have rather had my money spent on decent "entertainment"
rather than spend $45 for a dinner that was not as good as your average
cafeteria.
(although the desserts were great! :P)
I might suggest a more efficient catering and more guests.
We were all thrilled to see people who had actually worked on the car and
visitors
from the UK.
As far as music goes, it would be cool to see someone relevant like
Huey Lewis and the News or something like that.
Or, to bring more BTTF people in, etc.
Just my 2 cents.
- VB

Date: Tue, 29 Jun 2004 17:00:01 -0500
From: "Ancira Internet Department" <alex_at_dml_ancira.com>
Subject: Subwoofer

I don't know why, but for some reason this hasn't shown up twice now.
Here goes one last try.

I purchased an 8" sub for the compartment behind the seat. My question
is, how did you guys that have them seal the compartment off? Did you
build a box for the inside? It just seems to me like that would take
away from precious airspace.

Alex Wolf
Internet Manager
Ancira Auto Groups