From: <dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com>
To: <dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com>
Subject: [DML] Digest Number 2096
Date: Wednesday, June 30, 2004 7:42 PM

1. Re: Subwoofer
From: "Joe OBrien" <joeyoseppijoe_at_dml_yahoo.com>

2. Re: JZD
From: "Joe OBrien" <joeyoseppijoe_at_dml_yahoo.com>

3. Pigeon Forge DISCUSSION disappointing
From: Jan van de Wouw <delorean_at_dml_home.nl>

4. Re: Key Disaster
From: Phil Priestley <phil_at_dml_alessandros120.com>

5. Re: Whats a Delorean Worth?
From: "Marvin" <marv_at_dml_printeddrinkware.com>

6. Re: [DMLWhats a Delorean Worth?
From: "ryanpwright" <yahoo1_at_dml_ryanwright.com>

7. Re: DCS 2006 -- "Pheasant Run" vs "Chicago"
From: "content22207" <brobertson_at_dml_carolina.net>

8. Re: Pigeon Forge Show disappointing
From: "thebrave65" <johnnysher1_at_dml_cox.net>

9. Interior drivers door handle in Black wanted!!!!
From: "Mike" <mike.bosworth_at_dml_btinternet.com>

10. RE: Re: Subwoofer
From: "Ancira Internet Department" <awolf_at_dml_ancira.com>

11. Re: Subwoofer
From: "Dave Swingle" <swingle_at_dml_dmcnews.com>

12. Need Shaft seals for Sanden compressor
From: "Michael Parish" <mparish.ga_at_dml_netzero.net>

13. Re: Pigeon Forge Show disappointing (Long)
From: Michael Paine <mpaine_at_dml_tycomsystems.com>

14. Re: Pigeon Forge Show disappointing (MG notes)
From: "d_rex_2002" <rich_at_dml_outernet-tech.net>

15. Re: DCS 2006 -- "Pheasant Run" vs "Chicago"
From: "d_rex_2002" <rich_at_dml_outernet-tech.net>

16. Re: Pigeon Forge DISCUSSION disappointing
From: "therealdmcvegas" <dmcvegas_at_dml_cox.net>

17. more AC stuff - rattling?
From: "sweitzel_2000" <sweitzel_at_dml_lffltd.com>

18. Re: Cruise control
From: "Harold McElraft" <hmcelraft_at_dml_aol.com>

19. Transport to Chicago (Pheasant Run)
From: "Ancira Internet Department" <awolf_at_dml_ancira.com>

20. Re: Pigeon Forge Show disappointing (MG notes)
From: "thebrave65" <johnnysher1_at_dml_cox.net>

Message: 1
Date: Wed, 30 Jun 2004 08:06:19 -0000
From: "Joe OBrien" <joeyoseppijoe_at_dml_yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: Subwoofer

Might have been getting lost because your questions were tagged as
replies to existing messages? Try just using the post link on the
left instead of reply.

As for the subwoofer if you are looking for a good built enclosure
for the Delorean, look at what Don Steger offers. He offers a
carpeted enclosed subwoofer in a box that perfectly fits the rear
compartment.

Best of luck,

Joe O'Brien

Date: Wed, 30 Jun 2004 08:08:17 -0000
From: "Joe OBrien" <joeyoseppijoe_at_dml_yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: JZD

I second the notion, it will not crowd the DML by any means, that
topis is exactly what this group is about. Please post the full
story when you have the chance.

Joe O'Brien

Date: Wed, 30 Jun 2004 12:37:46 +0200
From: Jan van de Wouw <delorean_at_dml_home.nl>
Subject: Pigeon Forge DISCUSSION disappointing

Hi,

I was wondering if it's possible to "take the discussion elsewhere"
concerning the things peple think were wrong at Pigeon Forge.

I understand this is a "hot topic", but there's also a LOT of
NON-attendees here like me (wish I could have been there) and
for a lot of them -including myself- there's really nothing
worth while in the entire discussion...

Some people who intend(ed) to go to Chicago might
even be put off by all these negative responses...

I planned on going in 2006, bu Eurofest in Northern Ireland
is also happening that year... With all this disappointment
and NI being closer by, I might just leave it at that :-(

JAN van de Wouw

Thinking Different...   Using a Mac...
Shifting Expectations...   Driving a Nissan...

DMC-12 "Dagger" since Sep. 2000
100NX "Saphire" since Nov. 2002
-------------------------------

Date: Wed, 30 Jun 2004 09:17:21 -0700
From: Phil Priestley <phil_at_dml_alessandros120.com>
Subject: Re: Key Disaster

Call Warren _at_dml_ DMCH (1800 USADMC1) and give him your key code from under
the headliner on the driver's door. Chances are that he might have a
new key for you. It worked for me.
Vin2105
Phil Priestley
Alessandros 120
http://alessandros120.com/
(503)370-9951

Date: Wed, 30 Jun 2004 10:02:51 -0400
From: "Marvin" <marv_at_dml_printeddrinkware.com>
Subject: Re: Whats a Delorean Worth?

  If the car looks and runs as good as the write up, $12,000.00 is a great
buy for someone wanting a DeLorean. Definitely not overpriced for the work
done on it........IMHO.

  Regretfully, my wife is not as understanding as others' wives, who allow
their spouse to own 2, 3 or even 4 DeLoreans. Otherwise, I would buy. The
potential loss of  50%+ of my holdings do not come even close to balancing
with a great deal on a dream car!! (LOL)

  Marv.
  # 17077
  (3rd DeLorean over 15 years)
  marv_at_dml_printeddrinkware.com

  > Message: 2
  >    Date: Tue, 29 Jun 2004 14:39:08 -0400
  >    From: jwit6_at_dml_cs.com
  > Subject: [DMLWhats a Delorean Worth?
  >
  > 6147 has been advertised in Collector Car Trader for about 2 months now
for $18,000 or B/O.
  > I got a call about 2 weeks ago from a gentleman in Dallas who said he
wanted it. We were working out the shipping when his wife stepped in and
told him he couldn't have it. Actually she didn't like the way it looked.

Date: Wed, 30 Jun 2004 16:40:57 -0000
From: "ryanpwright" <yahoo1_at_dml_ryanwright.com>
Subject: Re: [DMLWhats a Delorean Worth?

My opinion? It's worth $18k. At $12k, it's a complete steal. I'd fly
out to you today if I hadn't bought my DeLorean 2 months ago.

You're going to have trouble selling this car because it's a DeLorean
and because it's been fairly heavily modified. Granted the
modifications are /better/, but most people don't know much about the
cars. So just being a DeLorean means it's not an easy sell; the
modifications just further limit your audience. You need to find a
buyer who:

1. Knows DeLoreans.
2. Likes the idea of EFI and doesn't mind paying for it to be already
done.
3. Has $18k to spend on a toy.

That's a hard sell.

Keep at it, you'll sell the car eventually. I'm currently trying to
sell a Fiero with 3800SC and a lot of other custom work, and am
finding it difficult to move due to the same limitations. You just
have to find the right buyer.

-Ryan

Date: Wed, 30 Jun 2004 16:47:19 -0000
From: "content22207" <brobertson_at_dml_carolina.net>
Subject: Re: DCS 2006 -- "Pheasant Run" vs "Chicago"

I think it could be called "Chicago" no problem. Pheasant Run is
merely the name of the facility. After all, DCS 2004 wasn't called
"The Grand" (or "Smokey Shadows").

I've already referred to it as "Chicago" in Message #42401.

>--- In dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com, DmcGman_at_dml_c... wrote:
>Of course I like the sound of saying I am going to DCS Chicago in
2006 better. Maybe because there is a retirement village named
Pheasant Run near me :-)  Chicago sounds a little cooler than Pheasant
Run.

Date: Wed, 30 Jun 2004 14:39:00 -0000
From: "thebrave65" <johnnysher1_at_dml_cox.net>
Subject: Re: Pigeon Forge Show disappointing

Well, let's see, how about the Monster Garage episode?  That's a nice
positive view of the car.

Johnny
5518

(yes, I bought the DVD set at the show, not that I've watched them),
but come on. It's been 20 years.
Find something new. =)

Date: Wed, 30 Jun 2004 17:20:03 -0000
From: "Mike" <mike.bosworth_at_dml_btinternet.com>
Subject: Interior drivers door handle in Black wanted!!!!

Hi all

Interior drivers door handle in Black wanted!!!!

Please email me :)

Mike

bozzzy
doc403

Date: Wed, 30 Jun 2004 12:37:18 -0500
From: "Ancira Internet Department" <awolf_at_dml_ancira.com>
Subject: RE: Re: Subwoofer

I am unfamiliar with Don Steger, what's his website?

Alex Wolf
Internet Manager
Ancira Dealerships
210-681-4900
210-231-4214 (Direct)

Date: Wed, 30 Jun 2004 20:24:02 -0000
From: "Dave Swingle" <swingle_at_dml_dmcnews.com>

www.deloreanmotorcenter.com

dave

--- In dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com, "Ancira Internet Department"

Date: Wed, 30 Jun 2004 13:54:13 -0400
From: "Michael Parish" <mparish.ga_at_dml_netzero.net>
Subject: Need Shaft seals for Sanden compressor

My compressor is leaking and I have torn it down and replaced the gaskets but now need to replace the shaft seals and can not find anyone who carries these. Any one have and suggestions on where I can get a shaft seal kit for a Sanden/Sankyo SD-510 compressor?

Michael

Date: Wed, 30 Jun 2004 14:06:24 -0400
From: Michael Paine <mpaine_at_dml_tycomsystems.com>
Subject: Re: Pigeon Forge Show disappointing (Long)

I couldn't agree more - which is why I don't plan on selling my car anytime in
the foreseeable future.

regards,

Michael
vin 6067

Date: Wed, 30 Jun 2004 18:25:03 -0000
From: "d_rex_2002" <rich_at_dml_outernet-tech.net>
Subject: Re: Pigeon Forge Show disappointing (MG notes)

Johnny and list,

Glad you brought up the MG show(s), since the discussions and
attention about them were a bit over-looked at the PF show.
I had hoped to have some time to answer questions and publicly
thank all the folks involved in the two Monster Garage shows,
but as you know from attending PF or reading the posts here,
there were a lot of last minute changes due to travel issues.

I brought the GT40 Rock Crawler and did not bring my Delorean
Hover Conversion specifically to highlight the positive side
of the two Monster Garage shows to date and to not cause most
owners and enthusiasts to dwell on the negative aspects.

As most of you know, I pursued doing both of the MG shows as
a way to spotlight the Delorean marque and unfortunately the
Delorean Hovercraft build did not go as anticipated.  When
you go out on a limb and put your trust in strangers, you can
get burned.  Even though the build was deemed a failure, the
effort was well appreciated by the production staff and crew.

For those of you who have not seen the Delorean Hovercraft
episode, there is a replay scheduled for Friday, July 23, on
the Discovery Channel, so check your local listings.  It's not
the Delorean's finest hour, but it's now part of it's history.
And while you watch the episode, notice how Don Steger looks
more and more like a mature AJ Foyt everday.

Now for the Future.

If you have seen the Monster Garage, Monster Nation show with
the Delorean build team and the GT40 Rock Crawler, you know
how editing and voice-overs can make all the difference in
portraying the Delorean in a positive manner or positive view.

With this in mind, I have agreed to do another Monster Nation
show "profile" that will focus on me and my Delorean Projects.
The filming is slated for mid-July and should be featured in
the new fall schedule of Monster Nation.  This is intended to
be both positive and informative about the Delorean marque,
but I will still be at the mercy of the producers and editors.
There should be something positive for everyone in this spot,
but if you are a purist, you probably won't like it anyway.

Stay tuned for more details in the future.

--- In dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com, "thebrave65" <johnnysher1_at_dml_c...>

Date: Wed, 30 Jun 2004 19:11:15 -0000
From: "d_rex_2002" <rich_at_dml_outernet-tech.net>

Pheasant Run Resort is in St. Charles, IL, west of Chicago,
but still an hour or so drive to Chicago (if not rush hour).

DCS 2004 was called Pigeon Forge, not Gatlinburg or Knoxville
just because of its proximity to one of the larger cities.

The Delorean Midwest Connection club is often referred to as
the Chicago area club, just because its easier to remember.

Whatever you call it, just make sure to be there in 2006.

Date: Wed, 30 Jun 2004 20:15:51 -0000
From: "therealdmcvegas" <dmcvegas_at_dml_cox.net>
Subject: Re: Pigeon Forge DISCUSSION disappointing

I didn't attend the show in Pigeon Forge, and I can tell you right
now that I'm not at all put off by the discussion. In fact, I really
enjoy reading everyone's responses, and am quite impressed by the
fact that Ken has taken the time to respond back, and that so many
others have been throwing different ideas around. And most
importantly, it's one of the most creative, non-repetative
discussions that I've seen here on the list.

As for there being anything worthwile to talk about here for people
who didn't attend, I'd have to disagree with that. As it has been
said, it's a show focused on the car, but is for everyone who's
attending, and is dictated in part by them. So if I'm gonna drive my
car a few hundred miles to attend an event such as this, you bet I'm
gonna take advantage of the offer to accept my input to help my my
trip more enjoyable, and worthwhile.

On a related note, could it be possible to label the show photos, so
that us non-attendees can place faces with names?

Date: Wed, 30 Jun 2004 20:17:04 -0000
From: "sweitzel_2000" <sweitzel_at_dml_lffltd.com>
Subject: more AC stuff - rattling?

So I have my AC charged with Freeze 12. Everything is working great.
It blows nice and icy cold as well as hold pressure. No leaks.

However, I noticed an interesting thing. Once the car has sat
overnight, if I turn on the AC for the first time the next day, i get
a nasty rattle within what I presume are the hoses underneath the
car. I can feel it in the driver's seat. The rattling last for only 1
possibly 2 seconds then immediatly quiets and goes away, from that
point, the system operates completely normally. Would this be a sign
of overcharging or something else possibly?

Date: Wed, 30 Jun 2004 19:00:21 -0000
From: "Harold McElraft" <hmcelraft_at_dml_aol.com>
Subject: Re: Cruise control

I too connected my cable to the spool. That was in 1989 and 40,000+
miles ago with no problem. I did however set it up so that there was
little slack at the throttle closed which also prevented a possible
wide-open-throttle position by the cruise control. Maximum is
probably 3/4 or less which maintains speeds on highways at 75mph ok
and prevents too much slack build up of the throttle cable.

Harold McElraft - 3354

Date: Wed, 30 Jun 2004 15:32:36 -0500
From: "Ancira Internet Department" <awolf_at_dml_ancira.com>
Subject: Transport to Chicago (Pheasant Run)

How do you guys plan to get your cars there? Do most people tow or drive
them? Living in San Antonio, it seems like quite a drive to get there. I am
wondering if it's smarter to pull it up there.

Alex Wolf
Internet Manager
Ancira Dealerships
210-681-4900
210-231-4214 (Direct)

Date: Wed, 30 Jun 2004 20:38:53 -0000
From: "thebrave65" <johnnysher1_at_dml_cox.net>

Hey Rich, as long as you don't crush any DeLorean's with your DRex, I
won't put you in the same category as that so-called "host" of the
Monster Garage.

I'm more of a purist than not, but that doesn't mean when I see a
modified DeLorean that I don't respect the owner's accomplishment.
It's still a DeLorean, after all.

Johnny
5518

BTW:  It was pure sarcasim when I wrote it was a positive view.  I
was distressed by that show.  Especially when the announcer called us
owners "dorks".  Just give me five minutes with that guy...