From: <dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com>
To: <dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com>
Subject: [DML] Digest Number 2098
Date: Thursday, July 01, 2004 10:15 PM

1. Re: Cruise control
From: "ryanpwright" <yahoo1_at_dml_ryanwright.com>

2. Re: Eurofest 2006
From: "d_rex_2002" <rich_at_dml_outernet-tech.net>

3. The band for DCSChicago 2006
From: Travis Goodwin <tgoodwin_at_dml_vantagep.com>

4. Re: Eurofest 2006
From: dmcjohn_at_dml_hotmail.com

5. Re: Pigeon Forge DISCUSSION disappointing
From: Louie G <louie_at_dml_delorean.com>

Message: 1
Date: Thu, 01 Jul 2004 17:40:21 -0000
From: "ryanpwright" <yahoo1_at_dml_ryanwright.com>
Subject: Re: Cruise control

Hey Jeff,

Can you tell me which system this is? I'd like to buy it for my car.
Have to install it myself as I'm a few states away from DMC, though.

-Ryan

Date: Thu, 01 Jul 2004 17:20:37 -0000
From: "d_rex_2002" <rich_at_dml_outernet-tech.net>
Subject: Re: Eurofest 2006

Martin,

I have heard rumors of the destruction of the test track area
recently to support new development of that area.

Any truth regarding the demise of the test track?

Date: Thu, 1 Jul 2004 11:20:42 -0400
From: Travis Goodwin <tgoodwin_at_dml_vantagep.com>
Subject: The band for DCSChicago 2006

The Hill Valley Preservation Society

http://www.hvps.org

Date: Thu, 01 Jul 2004 18:15:22 -0000
From: dmcjohn_at_dml_hotmail.com

Not sure if Martin has more accurate news on this, but my friend was
at the factory 2 weeks ago and saw a lot of construction going on. He
spoke to one of the security guards, who said that the track is being
built on. Take this for what its worth, 3rd party information.

Best wishes,
John Dore, Dublin, Ireland.

Date: Thu, 1 Jul 2004 13:22:13 -0700 (PDT)
From: Louie G <louie_at_dml_delorean.com>
Subject: Re: Pigeon Forge DISCUSSION disappointing

I don't agree with the rhetoric of this argument one bit. If I used your logic here then we shouldn't speak anything but praises of the DeLorean car for the non-owners who read the DML might not buy a DeLorean! Presenting one sided biased information to this list and to Ken can only harm everyone. By allowing the good AND bad discussion of the DCS Ken can take this feedback and tailor the DCS to make it better than ever. People can also decide what activities they will and won't attend, possibly saving their time/money and making their experience better all around. How are any of these outcomes bad? I really don't think there is any cause for concern, for every one post offering suggestions or critiques, there have been multiple ones GUSHING over the show.

I feel the Achilles Heel of DCS '04 was it's location. I'm not sure if I speak for all, but the relentless traffic in Pigeon Forge kept me from travelling except when necessary. The town of Pigeon Forge was a cheesy tourist trap which held no interest for me, but I'm sure there are many (especially families) who enjoyed what it had to offer. I thought the Grand Convention Center was great and served our needs well though, with the exception of being able to keep our cars seperate from other hotel guests. We were inside away from the heat, bugs, and weather, and had multimedia streaming all the time in some form or fashion. Couple this with all the DeLoreans, celebrity guests, and vendors and it was a feast for the senses! :-) Ideally the hotel and convention center would be in the same place, but those issues have been addressed for DCS '06. I think many of the other complaints and issues raised are really more of personal preference regarding bands and the like. But I for one am glad these issues were raised. If everyone is against having a band, that means Ken has that much more money to spend on some other aspect of the show.

In the end, yes Pigeon Forge had it's flaws. Some of those were certainly out of anyone's control, and I feel they were handled extremely smoothley and professionally. I for one will come to the next DCS. Ken, how can the rest of us get involved in the show? It sounds like there are lots of willing people out there who are willing to commit some time. I think the idea of chronologically lining up the D's is really incredible, how can we help make it happen? Let's keep the ideas streaming folks... Ken's right. This is OUR show, I think we can make any of the ideas happen if we put our minds and effort to it.

Louie Golden
VIN 5252 Charlotte, NC

--- Jan van de Wouw <delorean_at_dml_home.nl> wrote:
I was wondering if it's possible to "take the discussion elsewhere" concerning the things peple think were wrong at Pigeon Forge. There's also a LOT of NON-attendees here like me (wish I could have been there) and for a lot of them -including myself- who intend to go to Chicago might even be put off by all these negative responses...
JAN van de Wouw