From: <dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com>
To: <dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com>
Subject: [DML] Digest Number 2108
Date: Wednesday, July 07, 2004 6:24 PM

1. Re: wiring problem
From: "cruznmd" <racuti1_at_dml_delorean.com>

2. August Tech Session - Western PA - Pittsburgh RSVP
From: "dplakosh2" <dplakosh2_at_dml_yahoo.com>

3. Re: The cooling fans
From: Martin Gutkowski <martin_at_dml_delorean.co.uk>

4. Re: Gold Delorean in Snyder, Texas
From: kKoncelik_at_dml_aol.com

5. Re: Bad bearing or...?
From: "Dani B" <5n-_at_dml_gmx.net>

6. Re: Oil bolt Removal tool
From: kKoncelik_at_dml_aol.com

7. Re: Gold Delorean in Snyder, Texas
From: AdamRayVaughn_at_dml_aol.com

8. Re: Fan Zilla vs. BA7 LED "Fan Fail Light"
From: "gzapf" <x86Daddy_at_dml_myrealbox.com>

9. Re: Mixer
From: kKoncelik_at_dml_aol.com

10. Re: Project Delorean Site Updated!
From: DMCVIN6683 <dmcvin6683_at_dml_wi.rr.com>

11. Clarification: The cooling fans
From: "content22207" <brobertson_at_dml_carolina.net>

12. Re: Pass door lock malfunction
From: "ryanpwright" <yahoo1_at_dml_ryanwright.com>

13. RE: The cooling fans
From: "John Hervey" <john_at_dml_specialtauto.com>

14. 1st Official Meeting for "DFWDMC" on 4th of July
From: "Robert Moseley" <videobob_at_dml_hotmail.com>

15. Re: Brake update
From: nicholden_at_dml_yahoo.com

16. Re: brake update
From: andydandy777_at_dml_aol.com

17. early vin a/c high pressure switch wiring
From: billsfanmd_at_dml_aol.com

18. Re: re: DCS 2006
From: kKoncelik_at_dml_aol.com

19. Re: Re: Ken K's Carpet Samples
From: kKoncelik_at_dml_aol.com

20. RE: Gold Delorean in Snyder, Texas
From: "Murray Fisher" <murrayfw_at_dml_charter.net>

21. RE: Gold Delorean in Snyder, Texas
From: "Scott Mueller" <scott.a.mueller_at_dml_mchsi.com>

22. RE: Project Delorean Site Updated!
From: "Scott Mueller" <scott.a.mueller_at_dml_mchsi.com>

23. Re: Condensation Blues
From: "David Teitelbaum" <jtrealty_at_dml_webspan.net>

24. Re: Digest Number 2107
From: "Bill Lane" <blane_at_dml_triad.rr.com>

25. lockzilla + lockzilla remote series 2 for sale
From: dmcjohn_at_dml_hotmail.com

Message: 1
Date: Wed, 07 Jul 2004 02:46:08 -0000
From: "cruznmd" <racuti1_at_dml_delorean.com>
Subject: Re: wiring problem

Hmmmmmmmmmmmm.....

Steve, if you're referring to the 2 prong plug with ROUND pins and a
WHITE shell, vs flat female pins in square black plastic shells, then
that is for the automatic transmission. It resides along the firewall
not far from the ballast resistor as you described. If you have a 5-
speed, then it isn't used. :)

Also, near the W.O.T. (wide-open throttle) microswitch, there is a
white, square plastic plug for the WOT switch, and a similar, BLACK,
square plastic plug that is also for the automatic transmission.
(Also not used if you're a 5-speed).

Hope this helps.

Rich A.

Date: Wed, 07 Jul 2004 02:50:37 -0000
From: "dplakosh2" <dplakosh2_at_dml_yahoo.com>
Subject: August Tech Session - Western PA - Pittsburgh RSVP

Greetings,

My wife and I will be hosting another Tech Session in Pittsburgh on
August 7, 2004 starting at 9:00 AM until dusk. This is an excellent
to opportunity to socialize with other D owners and get any needed
work done on your car.

We have already talked with Dave Stragand and he said that he will be
able to make it. We're easy to find just off the route 60 Hopewell
exit about 7 min. from the Pittsburgh Airport. We have a 2 stall
garage, loads of tools, a great techie (Dave of course), a large
driveway, and use of the neighbors driveway as well. We hope to see
all the great people we've met at the last tech sessions and
hopefully a few new faces too! If your car is not ready to drive then
just come and visit, we'd love to see you! We even have some room for
anyone that wants to travel a bit and might want to spend the night.

We'll start off at 9a.m. (Coffee and pastries to open your eyes :-).
Snacks along with beverages (including beer) during the day. Around
1:00 PM we'll have a cookout for lunch and dinner cookout around 5:30
PM, The hot tub will be open if you want to relax. Please e-mail me
off-list to confirm your attendance, and perhaps any work you'd like
some help with, and let me know if you need directions. Significant
others are welcome, and encouraged..
Hope to see you there!

If we need to make a rain date I will do so the week the Tech Session.

Best regards,

Dan and Judy
(Vin 3872)

Date: Wed, 07 Jul 2004 04:06:03 +0100
From: Martin Gutkowski <martin_at_dml_delorean.co.uk>
Subject: Re: The cooling fans

I kind of like that sound, Dick! It fools people into thinking the
engine must be bigger than it actually is the amount of noise they make.
The fan motors themselves make very little noise - what you're hearing
is the noise of the fan blades, so I would hope john's are equally loud
- ie they're shifting as much air!

I drive a French car everyday (Citroen) and they're designed to live in
hot climates too - the fans are wired up in series under normal
operation, but get 12v each when it gets really hot and you turn the AC
on. This has only happened to me once, last year in the hottest summer
on record (for the UK). The outside temp was 30+ degrees C and the noise
of those fans going full pelt for the first time ever scared the life
out of me! Much louder than my D!

Martin

Date: Tue, 6 Jul 2004 23:09:25 EDT
From: kKoncelik_at_dml_aol.com
Subject: Re: Gold Delorean in Snyder, Texas

I know where it is as well
Read all about it in an exclusive article in DCS in the next issue

This is a story you don't want to miss along with never before seen photos

www.deloreancarshow.com
go to magazine

Date: Wed, 07 Jul 2004 03:10:34 -0000
From: "Dani B" <5n-_at_dml_gmx.net>
Subject: Re: Bad bearing or...?

Phil-jack up the rear end of your car so that both wheels are off the
ground. Then grab the top & bottom of the tire and try to see if there
is any movement in/out. Remember no brake pressure/e-brake pressure
can be applied while doing this. If you've got a loud howl it will
probably
move-revealing which wheel bearing is bad. Bearings that just hum may
not necessarily have the play since they aren't as worn yet. A loud
noise and vibration tell you its definitly time to check things out.
Do the same for the fronts just to how those are doing. If you don't
find any movement, then its probably something other then bearings.
-Dani B. 5003

Date: Tue, 6 Jul 2004 23:22:11 EDT
From: kKoncelik_at_dml_aol.com
Subject: Re: Oil bolt Removal tool

i just bought a 1/4" square key and bent it
paid  $.79 for it
its nice because its 3 1/2 inch long and works well

Date: Tue, 6 Jul 2004 23:25:48 EDT
From: AdamRayVaughn_at_dml_aol.com

where is it?

Date: Wed, 07 Jul 2004 03:35:59 -0000
From: "gzapf" <x86Daddy_at_dml_myrealbox.com>
Subject: Re: Fan Zilla vs. BA7 LED "Fan Fail Light"

I'd just like to say thank you, as I replaced my AC panel bulbs with
LEDs this evening, and thanks to having seen your message, avoided
having to troubleshoot an extra issue.  (I have the SpecialTAuto dual
fan fix 2x2, which is similar to FanZilla)

Also, AutoLumination (http://autolumination.com/otherleds.htm) now
carries BA7s bulbs, which is where I obtained mine.  They shipped very
fast, and I'm very pleased with the vendor.  (I'm in the US so YMMV,
but I was impressed)

--Greg

--- In dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com, "Stian Birkeland" <delorean_at_dml_n...>
wrote:
> Problem solved!
> And I would like to let the list know what happened.
>
> FanZilla don't work with a LED replacement for the Fan Fail Light.
> Result: The LED will illuminate at once you install the LED and/or
connect the battery.

> Solution: Only use the original incandescent bulb for the Fan Fail
Light.

Date: Tue, 6 Jul 2004 23:39:48 EDT
From: kKoncelik_at_dml_aol.com
Subject: Re: Mixer

Mikes comments are what we have been trying to do.

If you recall on Thursday we had you out early and doing the car cruise in at
the hotel parking lot.
This was meant to get you to mix and it did appear to work well.

WE do not do much of other mixing events due simply to lack of help.
Mike is right.  I can control the crowd more if I sit you down and that was
part of Fri and Sat Plan.

This is one thing we are looking at in Chicago since the group there should
give me people to help and we may be able to do more.

IT is impossible to count on help at these shows. Once the show starts the
help is hard to come by.

We do get help but as you saw its is basically a one family job

Example for the cars push in on Saturday

We had over 30 people volunteer.

I told all of them to come around 9-9:30 and others around 10:00

You were there you tell me how many we had.

Those of you that helped it was a great job as that part scared me but you
got the cars in and in good time.  I now know this works and the exit at 5-6
worked even better.
There you had to help to get your cars out you had to move others. That
seemed to be a lot of fun for many of you.

It boils down to people

The Cleveland group did that to some extent in Cleveland at Shooters

Again this is YOUR SHOW

If you want something volunteer and I will give it to you to do but the catch
is you have to do it.

The shows are planned with the thought that if it does not get support we
still can run it with minimum people.

Think back on the shows.  At Memphis 5 key people did not show up and  you
saw who was running what at PF.  We needed a staff at least three times the size
but it ran well enough that none of us were stressed at the end and that in
part is also due to those that attended as well. You understood and let me and
my family do what we needed to do.
Thank you all for understanding.

I like Mike's idea and I hope someone takes this and runs with it.

If someone does not come forth I will do the show so that I can manage it
with the people I have so this is your opportunity.

Cost is another factor but we can work through that.

Your involvement in this show is welcome.  If you remember my posts on
Cincinnati and Cleveland we want to just supply the location and have clubs sponsor
the events.
That never took off so we deal with what we have.  Cleveland did the best at
having groups share on some events. Memphis was non existant.  The best
technical stuff was at Cincinnati.

Date: Tue, 6 Jul 2004 23:03:27 -0500
From: DMCVIN6683 <dmcvin6683_at_dml_wi.rr.com>
Subject: Re: Project Delorean Site Updated!

I need more!

I cant wait till 2006 to see your car. So far i am very impressed in
what you have done. I believe John Delorean would have eventually did
something similar to the design of the car like you did.

Keep up the excellent work and take your time since you now have an
extra 2 years to finish the car.

Mark V

On Tuesday, July 6, 2004, at 08:52  PM, Steve Stankiewicz wrote:

> Finally, I've had a chance to catch my breath and
> update the site.
    Steve

Date: Wed, 07 Jul 2004 04:50:54 -0000
From: "content22207" <brobertson_at_dml_carolina.net>
Subject: Clarification: The cooling fans

What I meant to say (and did say on the Forum) was that coolant WARMUP
is controlled by the thermostat. Of course without fans coolant will
get warmer, and warmer, and warmer...

Date: Wed, 07 Jul 2004 04:24:15 -0000
From: "ryanpwright" <yahoo1_at_dml_ryanwright.com>
Subject: Re: Pass door lock malfunction

--- In dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com, "Dani B" <5n-_at_dml_g...> wrote:
> For an update, I adjusted some things so that the contact plate would
> move over the contacts enough, and now the problem has gone away.
> Sometimes the passenger side won't unlock all the way, but it doesn't
> stick or kick back anymore which I'm very happy about. Thank you all
> for your help! Dani B. 5003

Glad it's working for you, Dani. Some more tinkering inside the door
should fix the not unlocking all the way. After all of this, I'd
imagine you're tired of seeing the inside of that door for awhile,
though. ;)

Date: Wed, 7 Jul 2004 00:42:12 -0500
From: "John Hervey" <john_at_dml_specialtauto.com>

Much quieter, at least 1/2 and only 11 amps of current.
John Hervey
http://www.specialtauto.com/delorean-parts/cooling-system.html

Date: Wed, 07 Jul 2004 06:18:59 -0000
From: "Robert Moseley" <videobob_at_dml_hotmail.com>
Subject: 1st Official Meeting for "DFWDMC" on 4th of July

Hi everyone,
I just wanted to let everybody know that I am trying as hard as I can
to get some of the Texas owners fired up and active.
There are an aweful lot of Deloreans in this area that are
sitting dormant in garages across these hot flat lands of Texas.

The Dallas Fort Worth Delorean Motor Club has had it's first official
meeting on July 4th, 2004 here at my new house.
We had tons of food and 4 Deloreans show up.
John Hervey attended to give tips, and everyone had fun playing
my "Back To The Future - Pinball"!

We have almost 10 unofficial members so far and I am hoping to grow.
We have no officers or president, no dues or politics which have
been the downfall of other "organazations".

Members get use of tools, leather care products, huge discounts
on any items I sell and always plenty of good times here
at the VIDEOBOB ranch!
We relax in the hot tup, BBQ goodies...etc.

If you like in, around or any where within driving distance of the
DFW area, or if you are an enthusiest lurking out there hoping to
learn more about these cool cars feel free to contact me.

...in the mean time please visit my web page at
http://dfwdmc.com and go to PHOTO GALLERY to see pictures of
our first party!

VIN#5278

Date: Wed, 07 Jul 2004 08:12:02 -0000
From: nicholden_at_dml_yahoo.com
Subject: Re: Brake update

I have had many apprentice mechanics come to me with the same
problem after i they have replaced a master cyclinder and not bleed
it first on the bench before installation. If you have an airlock in
the mastercyclinder sometimes no amount of bleeding via the brake
calipers or at the master cyclinder itself will break the air lock
as you are not creating any preasure inside the master cyc. to clear
the air lock. I would remove the lines at the master cyc. and place
your fingers over the outlet holes and get somebody inside the car
to pump the pedal (make sure it has fluid in the master cyc.) this
will create preasure inside the cyclinder insted of just pushing air
down empty brake lines. Hopefully it should squirt under preasure
past your fingers so be careful it doenst go everywere. Then bleed
your brakes as normal.
Hope this helps, Nick 10927

Date: Wed, 7 Jul 2004 06:20:45 EDT
From: andydandy777_at_dml_aol.com

In a message dated 7/6/2004 9:52:01 PM Central Daylight Time,
dsontos_at_dml_verizon.net writes:

Before  you replace the master cylinder, give us a little history of the  car.

Was there any apparent leakage of the MC?
Were the brakes  functioning before the attempted brake bleed?
Was this a storage  car?
Was there a reason other than maintenance to bleed the brakes?
Did  the MC reservoir ever run dry?

What I'm thinking is the MC may not be  bad just needs to be properly bled.
Of course if its the OE MC then it  probably wouldn't hurt to replace it
anyway. Contact one of the vendors and  see what they have to say.

And its only two nuts on the firewall to  remove the MC.

Dave Sontos

Date: Wed, 7 Jul 2004 08:14:06 EDT
From: billsfanmd_at_dml_aol.com
Subject: early vin a/c high pressure switch wiring

My car now has a sucsesful full conversion to R-134. I have an early vin and
the last piece to the puzzle is adding the wiring for the high pressure cut
off switch. I found on the wiring harness that has the low pressure switch a
plug with another plug that just has a 2 inch wire loop. Me thinks that the new
high pressure wire plug would just plug in there and then into the accumulator.
Is this right? Anyone that has added the high presssrue wiring let me know
what you did..

Mike C
2109 now with cold a/c (and finally a perfect idle :-)

Date: Wed, 7 Jul 2004 08:13:51 EDT
From: kKoncelik_at_dml_aol.com
Subject: Re: re: DCS 2006

the chicago group is trying to do that and end up at a race track.

Get with Rich W (D-Rex) or Bob Brandys in Chicago if you want to help

Date: Wed, 7 Jul 2004 08:18:56 EDT
From: kKoncelik_at_dml_aol.com
Subject: Re: Re: Ken K's Carpet Samples

I did use the carpets in the Raffle car and those that saw it in some cases
could not tell the difference althought I thought it was enough of a difference
to notice.

The carpets however were excellent to install and they fit very well.  The
company is not the one in Florida.

Rob Grady is also using them and does sell the carpet.

I liked the fit, texture and ease of installation.

The only problems were the access cover was a bit small and they ahve changed
that as a result and one fold near the door seal was a bit long but was
easily trimmed.

the rest looked and fit great I could not ask for more and the price was very
reasonable

Date: Wed, 7 Jul 2004 05:50:19 -0700
From: "Murray Fisher" <murrayfw_at_dml_charter.net>

Robert,
Please please....don't keep us in suspense!! Is it a secret we will NEVER
know?  Tell us WHERE the Gold DeLorean is located now!  What is the story?
Murray
Vin:05962
Lic: DMC-XII

Date: Wed, 7 Jul 2004 08:41:10 -0500
From: "Scott Mueller" <scott.a.mueller_at_dml_mchsi.com>

Perhaps you can share this information with the group.

Scott Mueller

Date: Wed, 7 Jul 2004 09:05:35 -0500
From: "Scott Mueller" <scott.a.mueller_at_dml_mchsi.com>

WOW!

What a project.

I can't wait to see what it really looks like.  The pictures you stopped
with sure are a tease.

See you at Pheasant Run.

Scott Mueller

From: Steve Stankiewicz [mailto:protodelorean_at_dml_yahoo.com]
Subject: [DML] Project Delorean Site Updated!

Finally, I've had a chance to catch my breath and
update the site.
Please check it out,

=====
Steve

VIN 2650 ("Project Delorean")
www.projectdelorean.com

Date: Wed, 07 Jul 2004 14:07:30 -0000
From: "David Teitelbaum" <jtrealty_at_dml_webspan.net>
Subject: Re: Condensation Blues

Are you sure it is condensation on the sides of the box? I suggest you
clean the drain. It could be backing up and then running out inside
the passenger compartment. Very noticable when you turn, it seems to
all of a sudden get worse. It is also possible there is a leak, a
crack, a screw hole, whatever.

Date: Wed, 7 Jul 2004 11:58:13 -0400
From: "Bill Lane" <blane_at_dml_triad.rr.com>
Subject: Re: Digest Number 2107

Snap-On carries a 5/16ths out socket adapter for a 3/8 in. ratchet.  I have
bought two of them but I don't know the part number.  They were specially
made for some of the electrical companies.  The adapter and a 3 or 4 in.
3/8's extension works very well to get the oil drain plug out.

Bill Lane

Date: Wed, 07 Jul 2004 16:10:46 -0000
From: dmcjohn_at_dml_hotmail.com
Subject: lockzilla + lockzilla remote series 2 for sale

Hi lads,
Anyone interested in a lockzilla + lockzilla remote series 2 package
for sale?
They are both in perfect shape, and would come in original boxes with
receipts, both fully still under warranty. They are worth $438 new.

This is the one that flashes the marker lights as they lock and
unlock, and also has a find your car feature, which turns on the
lights for 30 seconds to help you see it! Also, Zilla launcher kit
will plug right into this, as well as future zilla products such as
trunk pop, etc.

Check it out at http://www.deloreanparts.com/zilla_044.htm

I'm selling to raise money I want to spend elsewhere on the car
before our wedding in a month. I suppose I could try ebay if no-one
is interested.
So, anyone interested? Free postage!
Ireland.