From: <dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com>
To: <dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com>
Subject: [DML] Digest Number 2109
Date: Wednesday, July 07, 2004 6:51 PM

1. PIGEON FORGE DISAPOINTMENT!!!
From: "delor_01" <JOHN.JORDAN_at_dml_ED.GOV>

2. Re: Angle Drive
From: "thebrave65" <johnnysher1_at_dml_cox.net>

3. Delorean on Ebay
From: "austinbrumley" <austinbrumley_at_dml_delorean.com>

4. Re: brakes
From: "vin2450" <svw_coco_at_dml_hotmail.com>

5. Re: Project Delorean Site Updated!
From: Dick Ryan <deloreanbiker_at_dml_yahoo.com>

6. Oil bolt Removal tool
From: "gremishe" <gremishe_at_dml_sju.edu>

7. Re: Fan Zilla vs. BA7 LED "Fan Fail Light"
From: "ryanpwright" <yahoo1_at_dml_ryanwright.com>

Message: 1
Date: Wed, 07 Jul 2004 16:32:31 -0000
From: "delor_01" <JOHN.JORDAN_at_dml_ED.GOV>
Subject: PIGEON FORGE DISAPOINTMENT!!!

NOT  HARDLY!!!!!!!!!!!

Hello from SEDOC:

Although there were only 13 SEDOC members present,and sadly not all
able to bring DELOREANS, We all agreed it was great.  The work and
dedication Ken and his family put into the event was tremendous.

Those of us able to drive the Dragons Tail,took on riders without
cars , all thought it was great fun.

While we all seem to agree that it would have been nice to have tech
sessions, folks like Bill Robertson, John Hervey, et al holding court
in the lots helping fellow Delorean owners are really what it is all
about. COMRODERY--all with the same interests and goals. Where else
could you converse with so many Delorean Vendors in one place. Pick
their Brains and come home with so many new/used parts.

What a wonderful venue Ken provided.

>From all of us at SOUTHEASTERN DELOREAN OWNERS CLUB (SEDOC)

 thanks Ken!!!!!!See y'all in CHI-TOWN IN 06

Date: Wed, 07 Jul 2004 18:50:28 -0000
From: "thebrave65" <johnnysher1_at_dml_cox.net>
Subject: Re: Angle Drive

I suppose it could be.  One thing that made mine go a little nutty
was that I had the lower cable too tight on the AD.  It almost needs
to be just finger tight.

The only other thing I can think of is that there was something
moving (like the wheel) and something not (like the flex shaft on the
AD) that could have shreded it like you described.  Maybe there was
something in the hub that it was caught on or maybe the AD is bad
itself, like you suggested.

Johnny
5518

> Hey there.
> yeah, we checked each cable and made sure that they spun freely.
Everything

Date: Wed, 07 Jul 2004 20:01:20 -0000
From: "austinbrumley" <austinbrumley_at_dml_delorean.com>
Subject: Delorean on Ebay

I just found an 81 DMC for sale on Ebay located here in Wichita. I'm
kicking the idea around about trying to buy it, but i really
shouldn't "I just built a house & don't need a 3rd Delorean" if
anyone is thinking about buying it the guy lives a mile from me i'd
be happy to go check it out for you. Just let me know off list. Also
it sounds like he will let it go pretty cheap.

Austin Brumley

Date: Wed, 07 Jul 2004 21:09:58 -0000
From: "vin2450" <svw_coco_at_dml_hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: brakes

Andy,

John Hervey is most likely right about your master cylinder.  I had
the same problem with my L/R caliper, I took off my flex line and
noticed the line was full off rust.  I decided to change both rear
lines, and so I was now able to bleed the system.  I took it out on
the road and every so often the rear brakes would lock up or drag.  I
flushed the system again and noticed more rust in the fluid.  I ended
up removing the master cylinder and bench testing it, that's when I
found out that the piston was sticking and the cylinder was full of
rust.  Replaced this and never had the problem happen again.(When I
started to get the car back on the road again the brake fluid was
green yes green,  so I had also changed all my calipers and pads as a
precaution).  I recommend changing everything for safety if this car
has sat for any more then a couple of years. just my 2 cents.  good
luck,

Stephane
vin2450

> Andy,
> If your pedal is all the way to the floor and the reservoir is full
then I would think the master cylinder is bad.

Date: Wed, 7 Jul 2004 15:48:27 -0700 (PDT)
From: Dick Ryan <deloreanbiker_at_dml_yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: Project Delorean Site Updated!

Awesome site update, Steve.  Also awesome project.

I suspect even ther die hard purists must be shaking
their heads in awe at the scope of the project you
have undertaken.  And, if it gets a basket case back
on the road, so be it.

Hey - wanna market a kit??????:)

Dick Ryan

Date: Wed, 07 Jul 2004 21:36:26 -0000
From: "gremishe" <gremishe_at_dml_sju.edu>
Subject: Oil bolt Removal tool

Thank you all for responding.
It's good to know that someone here to help.

Gleb

Date: Wed, 07 Jul 2004 23:23:31 -0000
From: "ryanpwright" <yahoo1_at_dml_ryanwright.com>
Subject: Re: Fan Zilla vs. BA7 LED "Fan Fail Light"

Which ones are the BA7s - are these the four bulbs that illuminate the
AC panel, or the three that illuminate "fan fail", etc?

I'd like to replace the four AC panel bulbs as they get darned hot and
I'm concerned about my expensive head unit. I've already wired them up
to only run when my lights are on, but I still worry about the heat
they generate every time I drive my car at night. Since they don't dim
with the rest of the console, LEDs would work great.

-Ryan