From: <dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com>
To: <dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com>
Subject: [DML] Digest Number 2122
Date: Friday, July 16, 2004 10:33 PM

1. More on LEDs
From: Rod Dillman <rhdillman_at_dml_yahoo.com>

2. Re: Anybody need some door lock solenoids?
From: John Podlewski <john_podlewski_at_dml_yahoo.com>

3. Re: No Fan Clip Help
From: "Harold McElraft" <hmcelraft_at_dml_aol.com>

4. Newbie Door Strut Help!
From: "ramblinmike68kd" <ramblinmike68kd_at_dml_yahoo.com>

5. Does anyone knows anything about #4834
From: "Peter Brickwede" <Bricki_at_dml_web.de>

6. Re: More on LEDs
From: Peter Lucas <lucas_at_dml_Maya.com>

7. Re: Side Scoops on a Delorean
From: "ramblinmike68kd" <ramblinmike68kd_at_dml_yahoo.com>

8. RE: Delorean's for sale
From: "PJ Grady" <rob_at_dml_pjgrady.com>

9. Re: Newbie Door Strut Help!
From: Bob Brandys <BobB_at_dml_safety-epa.com>

10. RE: More on LEDs
From: "Video Bob" <videobob_at_dml_hotmail.com>

11. Re: Does anyone knows anything about #4834
From: Jason McKee <tymchsr_at_dml_yahoo.com>

12. Re: DELOREAN SAFTY
From: "thebrave65" <johnnysher1_at_dml_cox.net>

Message: 1
Date: Thu, 15 Jul 2004 20:01:12 -0700 (PDT)
From: Rod Dillman <rhdillman_at_dml_yahoo.com>
Subject: More on LEDs

While sitting on the motel room porch one evening at Pigeon Forge, I saw two DeLoreans side by side each with the doors up. I could tell that one had LED bulbs and the other incandescant. It was a great opportunity to take a scientific poll on the two bulbs. I asked my  fiance and her mother if they noticed any differance in the lights and if so which they prefered. Without hesitation both picked the LED bulbs as being brighter and more red.  The red lights were the only ones that could be seen from our point of view. The LEDs were the ones Video Bob sells and I bought a set the next day. I have since installed them in my doors and really like the fact that I can now leave one or both doors up at car shows. I have ordered LEDs for the AC panel and festoon LEDs for the trunk and engine compartment but have not received them yet. Four of the old bulbs were hard to get out of the sockets but they finally came out(I broke two of the old bulbs) and two came out easily. Polarity is an
 issue with LEDs, if they don't light up, immediately reverse them to avoid damage to the bulb. I see no down side to LED use as replacements in the mentioned locations.  I would be interested in hearing if some of you may know of problems with them.

Date: Thu, 15 Jul 2004 19:25:19 -0700 (PDT)
From: John Podlewski <john_podlewski_at_dml_yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: Anybody need some door lock solenoids?

Was going to buy one of Toby's new set but need one driver side for troubleshooting problem.  No insults just not sure I need it?  How about $10 for driver side?(954) 465-8128 let me know?

Matt <supermatty_at_dml_psu.edu> wrote:Just wanted to plug myself here and say I've got 2 door lock
solenoids on e-bay. Both are 100% working, as I just tested them 2
days ago. If yours are shot, here's a chance to pick a set up for
very little. I have 'em set at $1.00 each with no reserve. Some
very minor rust on each of them, but both in great shape overall.
Pictures tell the story.

E-bay item numbers: 7911150919 & 7911151119

Date: Fri, 16 Jul 2004 00:21:04 -0000
From: "Harold McElraft" <hmcelraft_at_dml_aol.com>
Subject: Re: No Fan Clip Help

Someone has the parts. - you may have to buy a complete used unit to
get them. Have you called grady or John Hervey?

Harold McElraft - 3354

--- In dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com, "Cecil Longwisch" <dmc1982_at_dml_m...>
wrote:

> I have not had one hit on a replacement fan clip that holds the
fan on!

> Does this mean that this is my unique problem and I will need to
forge ahead
> on new ground finding a replacement alternative? As I had said in
my
> original email there does not seem to be availability from any of
the
> DeLorean suppliers.
>

> Cecil Longwisch
> #10663
>

> > >--- In dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com, "Cecil Longwisch"
<dmc1982_at_dml_m...> wrote:
> > > Does anyone know where I can get the clip and roll pin that
holds on
> >the cooling fan blades? I lost one of mine on the way home from
Pigeon
> >Forge.
> > > I thought no problem, Houston has them listed as available,
I'll

Date: Fri, 16 Jul 2004 05:57:03 -0000
From: "ramblinmike68kd" <ramblinmike68kd_at_dml_yahoo.com>
Subject: Newbie Door Strut Help!

Hello- I just bought my first Delorean and have spent the last three
weeks replacing the clutch, radiator, hoses, tie rod ends and all of
the struts.  I have done several of the recommended upgrades to the
electrical system like the cooling fan upgrade and installing a
lockzilla.  I still have MANY things to work out and need advice.  The
lower door strut supports on my car have become SEVERELY bent by the
struts.  I ordered a set of thicker mount from PJGrady only to find
that my car doesn't have the 'production' mounts.  The guy from
PJGrady told me that I have to install the inner brackets inside the
fiderglass to install the stronger mounts.  Has anyone done this
upgrade before?  Any suggestions?  Thanks, Mike.

Date: Fri, 16 Jul 2004 08:24:03 +0200
From: "Peter Brickwede" <Bricki_at_dml_web.de>
Subject: Does anyone knows anything about #4834

Hi Group,

I've bought VIN #4834 last September in Philadelphia and moved it to germany where I live. I love the car but I try to find out more about it's "life". I know that the car was moved in summer 2003 from california to PA.

Carfax doesn't know anything execpt some maintainance visits in a garage in California.

Does anyone of you knows something about my car? It's VIN #4834 from oct. 81, 5speed with grey leather.

kind regards,

Peter

WEB.DE Video-Mail - Sagen Sie mehr mit bewegten Bildern
Informationen unter: http://freemail.web.de/?mc=021199

Date: Fri, 16 Jul 2004 10:01:53 -0400
From: Peter Lucas <lucas_at_dml_Maya.com>
Subject: Re: More on LEDs

Here's a suggestion for the vendors playing with LEDs:

I would love to have much better built-in illumination for my engine
compartment. In addition to being not-very-bright, the stock engine
compartment light is obviously too low to be very useful when you are
replacing your water pump on a rainy evening at the side of the
interstate :-).

How about somebody coming up with some kind of a lightweight strip of
downward-pointing LEDs that could be mounted on the engine compartment
lid such that it would bathe the engine in uniform, white light?

--Pete Lucas

Date: Fri, 16 Jul 2004 14:12:49 -0000
From: "ramblinmike68kd" <ramblinmike68kd_at_dml_yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: Side Scoops on a Delorean

In regard to those side scoops - they are off of a Shelby mustang.
They are available at www.mustangsunlimited.com  I can't remember the
exact year.  Hope this helps. Try this url:
http://www.mustangsunlimited.com/Cat_keywords.asp?CatKey=EMUSTANG&Keywords=scoop&x=0&y=0
Later Mike.

--- In dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com, deloreanss_at_dml_a... wrote:

> Well, the first car, the stainless one, is that of Dave Cerny of
Minnesota.
> He built that wing himself along with all the add ons. I had the
pleasure of
> speaking to him about the fabrication of those parts for about
30minutes in the
> parking lot. Fascinating the way he made those scoops and things.
The other
> car, the yellow one, belongs to Ron Wester of Mid State DMC,
Kentucky or Ohio I

Date: Fri, 16 Jul 2004 09:03:00 -0400
From: "PJ Grady" <rob_at_dml_pjgrady.com>
Subject: RE: Delorean's for sale

John,

The same guy called me yesterday too. I remember the "best price the market
will bring" line. Something is not kosher there.

Anthony
PJ Grady

Date: Fri, 16 Jul 2004 09:43:16 -0500
From: Bob Brandys <BobB_at_dml_safety-epa.com>
Subject: Re: Newbie Door Strut Help!

Newbie,

I install PJs  reinforcements in my Time Machine,  The trick is to
remove the interior panel and then cut out the silicone that is covering
up the hole to the back of the strut stud.

Once you remove this material, it is fairly easy to install the bracket.
 It is a major improvement.

BOB

Date: Fri, 16 Jul 2004 13:34:21 -0500
From: "Video Bob" <videobob_at_dml_hotmail.com>

Thanks for the support!
I appreciate it.
I tried so many different bulbs until I found the one's I liked.
I have a box of misc. single bulbs of all the different one's I tried out!

Anyway, I have been out of stock since Pigeon Forge and there were a lot
of people I had to turn away, and several have e-mailed me asking for them.
Well, I finally have a batch coming now, about 20 sets.
These should last about a week or two.
So please get your orders in now so that if I need to order more I will
be able to quickly.

Thanks.
- Videobob
http://www.dfwdmc.com

Date: Fri, 16 Jul 2004 11:21:58 -0700 (PDT)
From: Jason McKee <tymchsr_at_dml_yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: Does anyone knows anything about #4834

Hi Peter,

     I don't know any history about vin #4834, but I'm the ownwer of vin #4839 also an Oct.of 81 built. Its very possible they were made on the same day. I've been keeping an eye on the DML to see if there was antbody close to my vin. Your the closest one so far, just thought it was cool to let you know. I live in Phoenix Arizona, the car also is a 5-speed, grey interior.  Take care

Jason
4839

Date: Fri, 16 Jul 2004 14:43:22 -0000
From: "thebrave65" <johnnysher1_at_dml_cox.net>
Subject: Re: DELOREAN SAFTY

Heard Ace Frehley from KISS was injured in his DeLorean.  Not sure if
he really had one or if it really happened, but I suppose that's why
it's called hearsay.

Johnny
5518

> I was reading a magazine article today about the top cars of all
time for
> safty and found myself wondering if anyone has ever died in a
Delorean or