From: <dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com>
To: <dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com>
Subject: [DML] Digest Number 2126
Date: Sunday, July 18, 2004 4:43 PM

1. Re: 5 speed questions
From: "Dani B" <5n-_at_dml_gmx.net>

2. Re: Newly developed problem
From: "David Teitelbaum" <jtrealty_at_dml_webspan.net>

3. Re: Delorean's for sale
From: "ksgrimsr" <knut.s.grimsrud_at_dml_intel.com>

4. Re: Deep Cycle
From: Chris Almy <chris.almy_at_dml_comcast.net>

Message: 1
Date: Sun, 18 Jul 2004 15:02:14 -0000
From: "Dani B" <5n-_at_dml_gmx.net>
Subject: Re: 5 speed questions

Sounds like you're having some kind of malfunction somewhere. Mine
shifts smoothly and doesnt clunk, only sometimes when you take it out
of a gear and quicky try to put it in another while the transmission
is still in a slight motion from winding down. But it will only do
this SOMETIMES when you're making an extremely fast shift (for me
anyway), other then that it shouldn't. It may be that your clutch
isn't disengaging all the way causing the transmission to still
operate with the engine,
that would cause the symptoms you're experiencing. Check hydraulics
for the clutch. Dani B. 5003

--- In dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com, "spaceace3113" <spaceace3113_at_dml_y...>

Date: Sun, 18 Jul 2004 17:06:03 -0000
From: "David Teitelbaum" <jtrealty_at_dml_webspan.net>
Subject: Re: Newly developed problem

Did you just get some gas? Maybe it was bad or had water in it. Has
anything else changed since before you had this problem? These are
the first questions to ask. Maybe you are very low on gas and have a
problem in the fuel tank. Or possibly the car is trying to tell you
it is time for a tune-up. How long has it been? If the answer is
never or you don't know than it is certainly time. These symptoms can
be caused by worn spark plugs, bad gas, plugged up fuel filter or air
filter, old ignition wires, etc. Vacuum leaks can also do this but
generaly they affect the idle quality too. Check that the wires are
securely snapped on the spark plugs and there is no water in the
spark plug wells. If you got this problem after the parts you
installed them either some are bad or you didn't put them in right.
 On the fuel sender call the vender that sold you the replacements.
If you are still playing with the OEM unit maybe you should consider
a Tankzilla.

Date: Sun, 18 Jul 2004 20:11:57 -0000
From: "ksgrimsr" <knut.s.grimsrud_at_dml_intel.com>
Subject: Re: Delorean's for sale

DOT = "Department of Transportation."

        Knut

--- In dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com, "Mark" <mark_at_dml_m...> wrote:
> I'll bite.  What's a DOT car?
>
> Mark.

<snip>

Date: Sun, 18 Jul 2004 09:32:47 -0700
From: Chris Almy <chris.almy_at_dml_comcast.net>
Subject: Re: Deep Cycle

Dustin,
Unless you plan on running the sound system for long periods of time with
the engine off, then you don't want a deep cycle. Most people, including
myself would recommend a red top Optima battery. It won't leak and ruin the
carpet (as the PO of my D found out). Also it holds the charge really well,
so for the winter you can simply disconnect it and it should be fine.

Now if you will be powering lots of equipment with the engine off, get a
yellow top Optima. It's their deep cycle version of the red top. All the
advantages of the red top, but will allow you to nearly completely
discharge and recharge over and over again. It's more expensive and won't
perform as well as the other, which is why it should only be used for this
type of application.