From: <dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com>
To: <dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com>
Subject: [DML] Digest Number 2132
Date: Thursday, July 22, 2004 2:36 AM

1. Side stripes (new question)
From: "cruznmd" <racuti1_at_dml_delorean.com>

2. Re: Side Stripes
From: "jmlaux83" <jmlaux83_at_dml_yahoo.com>

3. Re: 1979 DeLorean
From: "wannadelorean" <mcquinlan_at_dml_cfl.rr.com>

4. RE: 1979 DeLorean
From: "Video Bob" <videobob_at_dml_hotmail.com>

Message: 1
Date: Thu, 22 Jul 2004 02:02:54 -0000
From: "cruznmd" <racuti1_at_dml_delorean.com>
Subject: Side stripes (new question)

I realize that there are loads of customized DeLoreans out there with
paint jobs and custom stripes but I wanted see if anyone recognized this:

At the Navy Exchange at the Annapolis Naval Academy, VIN #1490 is
parked, apparently while the owner is on deployment. I noted that it
has a thin stripe, similar to the one Houston still sells, except that
it runs the length of the car, it doesn't say "DMC" and at the ends,
on the rear quarters, there is a small wreath. Sort of like the
Cadillac wreath only without the shield in the middle.

Was this a factory/dealer option or is this just another custom job?

Thanks,

Rich A.

Date: Thu, 22 Jul 2004 02:06:03 -0000
From: "jmlaux83" <jmlaux83_at_dml_yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: Side Stripes

I have been waiting for someone to do these. However it will have to
be in another month or so. First I have to wait for my car to be
regrianed but before that I have to put my car back together. Will
yours have the white DMC logos located on the front fenders? (the
orignals were white, right?) Also do you have any vinyl that is a
nearly black graphite color? Almost like the look of the thin grey
stripe only a darker pigment.

Jason

Date: Thu, 22 Jul 2004 02:20:27 -0000
From: "wannadelorean" <mcquinlan_at_dml_cfl.rr.com>
Subject: Re: 1979 DeLorean

If these were DOT cars, is it possible that there were very early
productions used to get DOT approval for saftey and emissions?  Did
the 81 Model year begin in 1980 or did the 81 really not ship until
1981?  I could believe some early productions existed in 79.
Question is, what does the DOT do with them when they are done and
how did they wind up in this guys hands in 79.

Date: Wed, 21 Jul 2004 21:41:02 -0500
From: "Video Bob" <videobob_at_dml_hotmail.com>

It could have been a 1979, ask him if it has SLIDING WINDOWS!
Maybe it is one of the prototype mock ups....
......or maybe he's just full of XXXX.
- Videobob