From: <dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com>
To: <dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com>
Subject: [DML] Digest Number 2135
Date: Friday, July 23, 2004 2:38 AM

1. Re: Red/blue wire near instrument cluster?
From: "Harold McElraft" <hmcelraft_at_dml_aol.com>

2. Re: 3rd Brake Light Wiring
From: PRC1216_at_dml_aol.com

3. Re: 3rd Brake Light Wiring
From: "Harold McElraft" <hmcelraft_at_dml_aol.com>

4. Re: 1979 DeLorean
From: "therealdmcvegas" <dmcvegas_at_dml_cox.net>

5. Re: engine wont runs
From: "content22207" <brobertson_at_dml_carolina.net>

6. Re: Digest Number 2131
From: steve trimble <stevetrimble52_at_dml_yahoo.com>

7. Re: More New Owner Questions
From: deloreanss_at_dml_aol.com

8. Re: What would YOU pay?
From: "Video Bob" <videobob_at_dml_hotmail.com>

9. RE: LED Pics in "Photos" Section
From: "Video Bob" <videobob_at_dml_hotmail.com>

10. back from vacation...ready for action!
From: Josh Haldeman <jhaldeman_at_dml_fuse.net>

11. RE: AW: 1979 DeLorean
From: "Video Bob" <videobob_at_dml_hotmail.com>

Message: 1
Date: Fri, 23 Jul 2004 01:32:14 -0000
From: "Harold McElraft" <hmcelraft_at_dml_aol.com>
Subject: Re: Red/blue wire near instrument cluster?

It is for the "door ajar" light. The door switches provide the
ground for the lights and the door ajar light.

Harold McElraft - 3354

Date: Thu, 22 Jul 2004 21:40:19 EDT
From: PRC1216_at_dml_aol.com
Subject: Re: 3rd Brake Light Wiring

Take off the plastic vent piece that covers the torsion bar ends.   Run the
wiring behind that, out the right side, and run the wiring under the rubber
seal on the passenger side rear quarterpanel that the louvre sits on and run it
into the brakelight area.   It should hide it pretty well.   Good luck.

Patrick

Date: Fri, 23 Jul 2004 01:57:41 -0000
From: "Harold McElraft" <hmcelraft_at_dml_aol.com>

There are two wires that need connected. A ground and the brake
light source.

I wired mine by running wire as you appear to have started, through
the grill thing that is removed to do the torsion bars, and went
over and down the open tunnel in the left rear fender panel above
the window in the panel (it is your right if you are at the back of
the car facing the engine). It opens up at the base and you can
easily continue to run the wire down and in behind the tail
light/brake light assembly. When you remove the assembly, find a
black wire for the ground or add a ground wire to the ground at the
frame. There is a junction ground screwed to the frame that has
probably never been cleaned so now would be a good time to do it. It
is fairly easy to find and get to. There is also a grounding
junction right there at the fender where you will be threading the
wire down to the brake light wire. Then, find the green/purple brake
light wire and tap into it with the other wire. That's it. Mine has
been on since 89 and I certainly feel better it is there. I drilled
holes in my louvers to install the light and it sure made the
louvers more rigid.

Harold McElraft - 3354

Date: Fri, 23 Jul 2004 02:05:47 -0000
From: "therealdmcvegas" <dmcvegas_at_dml_cox.net>
Subject: Re: 1979 DeLorean

--- In dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com, Mike Substelny <msubstel_at_dml_l...> wrote:
> The mistake about year of manufacture is very common.  I wonder why?
>
> Way back in 1996 I posted a message that Michael Morlan's 1992 book
"American Automobile Collections and Museums" claimed there was a 1977
DeLorean on display at the San Diego Automotive Museum.  I am amazed
that an automotive museum or an automotive book editor could make such
a glaring mistake.

> - Mike Substelny

Don't waste your time being amazed. Most people who either compile, or
write this information don't really bother to do any of the footwork
themselves. Consumer Reports is a good example of lazy journalism.
While recently picking up a copy of 2600, I wandered back to the
automotive section of Borders. Consumer reports published two books, I
believed were called called "The Ultimate Sports Car Book", and "The
Complete Sports Car Book" which was suppposed to be a listing of every
sports car ever made. The both books listed the DeLorean, but were
simple copy/paste hack jobs! I perused over a couple more articles for
Mustangs, and Corvettes, and discovered the exact same thing! These
simply were compliations of articles. And they were out dated. It was
the same exact article back in '97 I read, that stated DeLoreans in
excelent condition would only fetch prices in the mid $20K's. And if
you've seen NADA, you know it's not true.

So no, don't put any stock into what people say as always being the
truth. And don't expect that just because thier job title suggests
that they possess a certain amount of knowlege, that they actually do.

Date: Fri, 23 Jul 2004 02:14:40 -0000
From: "content22207" <brobertson_at_dml_carolina.net>
Subject: Re: engine wont runs

Actually the ignition lead goes to the positive side of the coil (+).
Negative side goes to the ECU.

Date: Thu, 22 Jul 2004 19:18:04 -0700 (PDT)
From: steve trimble <stevetrimble52_at_dml_yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: Digest Number 2131

I had a friend tell me that my 81 was actually a 79.
When I asked him why he thought that he said the tail
light lenses were stamped 79..and they are!!
Steve Trimble

  From: kKoncelik_at_dml_aol.com
Subject: 1979 DeLorean

Today I recieved a call from a Delorean owner of two
cars
He gave me a list of parts he wanted and I went to
verify the vin
numbers and
figure out what year they were.
It was a low vin number and I said "so you have two
81's"
He said no
I bought these new in 79 and have been the owner since
then.

I told him that they are 81-83 but he insisted he got
one of the early
ones
and he got it in 79

http://mobile.yahoo.com/maildemo

Date: Thu, 22 Jul 2004 22:18:58 EDT
From: deloreanss_at_dml_aol.com
Subject: Re: More New Owner Questions

Those deer warning devices are aftermarket. There are products out there,
dyes and such, that you can use to make your carpet look better. It won't be
perfect however, and there is a chance it could wear off, perhaps on you or your
stuff. So, if you do dye, buy the expensive stuff. Don't get too frustrated
about the car, just give in to the fact that things are going to go wrong and
drive you nuts. The first year I owned mine I was forced to go through every
component in the fuel system (including a week long session involving the gas tank
and a tooth brush). Chock it up to a learning experience.

John Weaver
RED DMC #10527
MidSouth DeLorean Motor Club

Date: Thu, 22 Jul 2004 21:37:19 -0500
From: "Video Bob" <videobob_at_dml_hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: What would YOU pay?

EJ just bought that turbo engine off of eBay.
He might have an extra engine for sale soon.
I know that John Hervey also just picked up an extra engine.
You can get them.
But hell, I might just start from scratch and put in a conversion
and cram a v* in that suka.
- VB

>From: Eric Itzel <eric_at_dml_seviernet.com>
>To: dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com
>Subject: Re: [DML] What would YOU pay?
>Date: Thu, 22 Jul 2004 17:56:57 -0400
>
>Think about this- $5000 for a car with a bad engine, $5000 for a new engine
>from DMCH. $10000 for a DeLorean isn't a bad deal.
>
>Eric Itzel
>vin 4433
[moderator snip]

Date: Thu, 22 Jul 2004 21:46:12 -0500
From: "Video Bob" <videobob_at_dml_hotmail.com>
Subject: RE: LED Pics in "Photos" Section

I did.
I thought I made an announcement about these....
I was trying to prove the point that I think that the original bulbs look
better than the
LED's.... but everyone insists that I sell them so I guess I will add them
to the site.
I can sell them for $19.95 a set for colored bulbs, or $24.95 for super
bright white.
If you have any questions direct them to me.
- Videobob
VIN#5278
http://www.dfwdmc.com

Date: Thu, 22 Jul 2004 22:47:00 -0400
From: Josh Haldeman <jhaldeman_at_dml_fuse.net>
Subject: back from vacation...ready for action!

Hey Everybody!

I just got back from 3 weeks vacation in Montana, (beautiful state...if
you've never been, go...NOW! Well...after you read this e-mail.  haha)

Anyway...I think I'm all caught up on getting DMC parts orders filled
from while I was gone, but if I missed anyone, and you haven't heard
from me in awhile, please send me a quick reminder.

Also...whilst away, my powder coater finished another set of wheels for
me!  They look very nice, but one has a couple of minor scratches on the
inside. (not visible from outside)  This does not affect the roundness
of the wheel and, in fact, all are straight.  If you are interested, let
me know.  I'm asking $500 for the set of 4 w/ your old wheels in
exchange...or $250 apiece flat out.  First come, first serve.

These were the beautiful shiny new looking wheels that most people got a
chance to see in Pigeon Forge.  They are gorgeous.  I have a set on my
car and my Dad's, and we couldn't be happier!  They clean far easier
than the 20 year old finish originals, and mine have been hotel crash
tested! (they passed)  The appearance is almost dead on, if not dead on
the factory original.  E-mail me off list for pictures, and/or if you're
interested:  jhaldeman(AT)fuse.net

If anyone needs anything else, I've still got a lot of body panels and
other parts available!

Thanks for your time,
Josh
VIN 3951 (parts)
VIN 10236 (parts)
VIN 11289 (parts)

Date: Thu, 22 Jul 2004 21:49:23 -0500
From: "Video Bob" <videobob_at_dml_hotmail.com>
Subject: RE: AW: 1979 DeLorean

I know, even on the "Monster Garage" episode od "Monster Nation" building
the Rock Crawler at Swingle's house, they called the DeLorean "The essence
of cool in the 1970's".
I guess if you want to consider that they unveiled the prototype in the late
70's, but official
production did not start until 1981.
Oh well, who cares.
Almost everything about our cars is misunderstood, what difference does it
make?
The skin, the motor, the cocaine, the flux capacitor.....the year.
- VB