From: <dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com>
To: <dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com>
Subject: [DML] Digest Number 2137
Date: Sunday, July 25, 2004 2:50 AM

1. Re: Suggestions for Knut's Production Chronology
From: "content22207" <brobertson_at_dml_carolina.net>

2. Re: Help me fix my glove box
From: "Matt" <supermatty_at_dml_psu.edu>

3. Re: LED Pics in "Photos" Section
From: "Video Bob" <videobob_at_dml_hotmail.com>

4. Re: Suggestions for Knut's Production Chronology
From: "Dave Swingle" <swingle_at_dml_dmcnews.com>

5. Re: Objection to the Production Chronology notes
From: "stainlessillusion2000" <dmcman_at_dml_hawaii.rr.com>

6. Car show in NJ
From: "Flavia" <frvianna_at_dml_yahoo.com>

7. Re: Help me fix my glove box
From: "Joe OBrien" <joeyoseppijoe_at_dml_yahoo.com>

8. Re: Pigeon Forge photos..
From: kKoncelik_at_dml_aol.com

9. Turbo question
From: "bluemax86" <massimot_at_dml_rushmore.com>

10. CHRONOLOGY
From: "austinbrumley" <austinbrumley_at_dml_delorean.com>

Message: 1
Date: Sat, 24 Jul 2004 02:29:19 -0000
From: "content22207" <brobertson_at_dml_carolina.net>
Subject: Re: Suggestions for Knut's Production Chronology

As such the current city and state would be unnecessary as well.

Knut's list is really 2 in 1: an historical build record and a "where
are they now" update. Owners are only wishing to most accurately
reflect the latter.

Info indeed needs to be kept manageable, but modifications such as
body painting, frame swaps, and engine re-powers are not added &
removed too easily to consider.

Online surveys lack permanence, and results would be limited to DML
members only.

Date: Sat, 24 Jul 2004 02:31:23 -0000
From: "Matt" <supermatty_at_dml_psu.edu>
Subject: Re: Help me fix my glove box

Cancel that request.  I got it back together so that it latches
properly.  It seems like there's a REALLY fine line between latching
and not latching.  A millimeter adjustment can make all the
difference.  If anyone else wants to know how, send me an e-mail and
I'll help you out.

Date: Fri, 23 Jul 2004 23:43:18 -0500
From: "Video Bob" <videobob_at_dml_hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: LED Pics in "Photos" Section

I don't doubt your theory, but I don't think such a thin coat of paint could
have an effect.
We are talking about an almost unmeasurable amount of paint.
Besides, I am going to have the Speedo recalibrated for a new speed anyway.
- VB

Date: Sat, 24 Jul 2004 02:52:28 -0000
From: "Dave Swingle" <swingle_at_dml_dmcnews.com>

Already there...

http://www.dmcnews.com/directory.html

Dave S

Date: Sat, 24 Jul 2004 10:27:44 -0000
From: "stainlessillusion2000" <dmcman_at_dml_hawaii.rr.com>
Subject: Re: Objection to the Production Chronology notes

i am a little late on this subject but my vin is #5458.....so i
looked it up on the vin list and it says honolulu hi and then it
says nothing else....what does that mean?.....

Date: Sat, 24 Jul 2004 05:11:43 -0000
From: "Flavia" <frvianna_at_dml_yahoo.com>
Subject: Car show in NJ

Dear List members-

Being member and officer of an Honor Society (Phi Theta Kappa) I'm
involved with the organization of different events. Last year, ther
was the first car show, but it wasn't very well organized, since I
recently went to Pigeon Forge (and met some of you), I was really
into the idea. Being so enthusiastic about the event, I was elected
chairwoman of the car show, lots of responsibility, but it's a for a
good cause! The money we collect will be to pay for the expenses of
the show and the rest will be donated to the American Cancer Society
(I guarantee!)
So I am calling everyone in the area that owns a car that is at least
20 years old. Of course I'll be more than glad to have DeLoreans
there :) Depending on how many we get, I want to have a DeLorean
category.
This afternoon I did a quick update on the website (still needs a lot
of work), but registrations are open. The show will be on October 3
(rain date 10/10) at my college (www.raritanval.edu). There are more
instructions on the registration form
http://www.raritanval.edu/studentactivities/Phitheta/ptk.htm

Look for classic car show and "register here". We had a little delay
on the making of the flyers, it will be uploaded next week. But
basically we'll have activities for all ages, including a garage sale!

Thanks everyone and I hope to see some of you there (of course those
that live in the area!)

Flavia

Date: Sat, 24 Jul 2004 10:39:43 -0000
From: "Joe OBrien" <joeyoseppijoe_at_dml_yahoo.com>

I'm gonna guess you also had the passenger kneepad out to do the
dash. Most likely you did. The two bolts near the middle of the
glovebox that you might have loosened thinging they were for the
kneepad are the screws that align the glovebox latch. It was most
likely moved out of alignment.

Just remove the passenger kneepad again, realign the latch, you'll
half to play with it and the screws on the glovebox lid to get it
just right. I'm anal about having it dead on so it took me about 25
configuraqtions to get the perfect gap, spring setting, alignment,
and even level when closed. I even had the assistance of a friend
help me do the final alignment to get it mostly perfect and closing
correctly and level with the dash.

Have fun with the open ended wrench and a phillips for a while there.

Hope that helped,

Joe O'Brien

2524 & 16634

Date: Sat, 24 Jul 2004 07:11:32 EDT
From: kKoncelik_at_dml_aol.com
Subject: Re: Pigeon Forge photos..

In a message dated 7/14/2004 4:49:50 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
henry_at_dml_ix.netcom.com writes:
http://www.eskin.net/photos/pf2004/
Hi

finally got a chance to see your web page

good shots on the dragon run
If you have photos or high resolution pics would you like to do an  artilcle
for the magazine
I would like to use some of  your pics

Also we need to push Rob on that tranny

Date: Sat, 24 Jul 2004 17:03:15 -0000
From: "bluemax86" <massimot_at_dml_rushmore.com>
Subject: Turbo question

I am going to replace one of my twin turbos. On ebay I see that there
are the same ones for sale but they have different specs. Like there
will be an IHI RHB5 VJ11, or an IHI RHB5 VJ14, or a VA59.

Does it matter what spec they are or can I have two different ones on
my car.

Thanks a bunch
Max

Date: Sat, 24 Jul 2004 17:20:30 -0000
From: "austinbrumley" <austinbrumley_at_dml_delorean.com>
Subject: CHRONOLOGY

I think what he has accomplished is awesome. We need to be careful
making so many suggestions and just be happy to have the list. Just
my thought.

                                                 Austin
                                                 # 16162