From: <dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com>
To: <dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com>
Subject: [DML] Digest Number 2138
Date: Monday, July 26, 2004 2:49 AM

1. Hood "Edging strips"
From: "Dani B" <5n-_at_dml_gmx.net>

2. steering grumble
From: "simonsays10002003" <simonsays10002003_at_dml_yahoo.co.uk>

3. Re: Turbo question
From: "B BENSON" <delornut_at_dml_peoplepc.com>

4. atta boy Video bob
From: "andy" <andydandy777_at_dml_aol.com>

5. Re: Re: Suggestions for Knut's Production Chronology
From: "Lauren" <LPLand_at_dml_earthlink.net>

6. Re: Hood "Edging strips"
From: kKoncelik_at_dml_aol.com

7. Re: Hood "Edging strips"
From: "Michael Paine" <mpaine_at_dml_tycomsystems.com>

8. Re: steering grumble
From: "Dani B" <5n-_at_dml_gmx.net>

9. MidSouth DMC Event reminder
From: deloreanss_at_dml_aol.com

10. Re: steering grumble
From: Soma576_at_dml_aol.com

11. Re: steering grumble
From: "David Teitelbaum" <jtrealty_at_dml_webspan.net>

12. Re: atta boy Video bob
From: PRC1216_at_dml_aol.com

13. Re: Re: Hood won't pop up
From: Rod Dillman <rhdillman_at_dml_yahoo.com>

14. BTTF on Access Hoolywood Today
From: "David Teitelbaum" <jtrealty_at_dml_webspan.net>

15. Re: Hood "Edging strips"
From: "David Teitelbaum" <jtrealty_at_dml_webspan.net>

16. DOOR SEALS ON EBAY
From: John Podlewski <john_podlewski_at_dml_yahoo.com>

17. LED Pics in "Photos" Section
From: "Mike" <mquinto_at_dml_comcast.net>

Message: 1
Date: Sat, 24 Jul 2004 22:27:38 -0000
From: "Dani B" <5n-_at_dml_gmx.net>
Subject: Hood "Edging strips"

Does anyone have any tricks with keeping those long plastic hood
"Edging strips" on? Mine keep on falling off every time I close the
hood or they will sag in some areas and stay on in others. These are
new, installed April. I used a hammer to tap them on so the
glue/cement or
whatevers in the middle would have good contact all around the edge of
the metal-thought with this method there would be no way for them to
fall off. Held out for a little while but not anymore. The glue or
whatever stuff in the center didn't quite work
to well...Any suggestions? Thanks -Dani B. 5003

Date: Sat, 24 Jul 2004 21:56:05 -0000
From: "simonsays10002003" <simonsays10002003_at_dml_yahoo.co.uk>
Subject: steering grumble

hi everytime i move the steeringwheel i get like a grumbling sound
come from it.this is also felt through the steering wheel.the strange
thing is i was using the car 7 months ago and it was totaly fine.its
happend since being sat still.the noise doesnt feel or sound like
metal on metal either. does anyone have any ideas as to why this
happend and how to remady it

thanks in advance simon

Date: Sat, 24 Jul 2004 18:07:01 -0500
From: "B BENSON" <delornut_at_dml_peoplepc.com>
Subject: Re: Turbo question

You need to stay with the same model number turbos. The outside physical
characteristics in a specific turbo may be the same but they can have an
infinite number of differences in the shape of the inside of the housings
and the size and shape of the impellors. That is what decides when boost
begins and how fast it builds. The goal is to match the turbo's performance
to a specific engine's power curve. Having the boost coming up differently
between the two banks of cylinders in your car wouldn't be advisable.

Bruce Benson

Date: Sun, 25 Jul 2004 00:51:08 -0000
From: "andy" <andydandy777_at_dml_aol.com>
Subject: atta boy Video bob

Just want to tell any Delorean member who needs a new radio antenna
that the one video Bob sells looks great and is a simple remove and
replacement job. Simple for a Delorean that is (2 hours and one
bandaid). I also installed the led lights in the doors they look
great in the night.

Date: Sat, 24 Jul 2004 20:21:22 -0700
From: "Lauren" <LPLand_at_dml_earthlink.net>
Subject: Re: Re: Suggestions for Knut's Production Chronology

> Already there...
>
> http://www.dmcnews.com/directory.html

sorry - my bad.  I hadn't looked because I want to wait for my D to
come back to me before I say anything about its repairs.

I'm glad it sounded like a good idea, tho ;)

......................LP

Date: Sun, 25 Jul 2004 08:53:56 EDT
From: kKoncelik_at_dml_aol.com
Subject: Re: Hood "Edging strips"

I just put a very very thin bead of black silicone on the edge and slip the
strip over it
Wipe off the excess and they have stayed.
Gigawat (vin 16684) has had it that way for 7 years and still holding

Date: Sun, 25 Jul 2004 10:38:33 -0400 EDT
From: "Michael Paine" <mpaine_at_dml_tycomsystems.com>

I purchased a set from a vendor at DCS that are rubber covered metal...
they hold on REALLY well. Re: the vendor, I had never heard of them
before. They were located (if you are walking around the vendor room
starting at the DMCH car, past DMCH turning right at the end of their
tables they were the next vendor. They also had an interesting cat heat
shield they had made.

Hope someone can shed more light on this.

regards,

Michael

Date: Sun, 25 Jul 2004 15:34:07 -0000
From: "Dani B" <5n-_at_dml_gmx.net>
Subject: Re: steering grumble

Perhaps the bushing where the steering column passes through the
fiberglass wall has dried out. Just listen to where the noise is
coming from, if it isn't coming from under the dash when you turn the
wheel, open up the hood and remove the panel over the master cylinder.
Again have someone turn the wheel while you listen to see where it is
coming from. -Dani B. 5003

--- In dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com, "simonsays10002003"

Date: Sun, 25 Jul 2004 11:55:57 EDT
From: deloreanss_at_dml_aol.com
Subject: MidSouth DMC Event reminder

Hey all, just a friendly reminder about the upcoming MSDMC run on the Dragon
and the Cherohala Skyway. We've had several signups, so room at the lodge is
getting scarce. The event is Saturday, Sept. 11 to Sunday, Sept. 12 so we still
are a good ways off. The lodge might be out of regular rooms, but I believe
they have some private cabins still available. If you'd like to attend, check
into our website www.msdmc.com .

Remember, during our first few months as a club, the MidSouth DMC is looking
for members. If you live in the southeast or wherever and would like to be a
member, click on the website and join us, its free.

John Weaver
MSDMC
RED DMC #10527

Date: Sun, 25 Jul 2004 12:09:27 EDT
From: Soma576_at_dml_aol.com

In a message dated 7/25/04 7:43:13 AM Central Daylight Time,
simonsays10002003_at_dml_yahoo.co.uk writes:

> hi everytime i move the steeringwheel i get like a grumbling sound
> come from it.this is also felt through the steering wheel.the strange
> thing is i was using the car 7 months ago and it was totaly fine.its
> happend since being sat still.the noise doesnt feel or sound like
> metal on metal either. does anyone have any ideas as to why this
> happend and how to remady it
>
> thanks in advance simon

Simon -

things to check - 1. check your steering rack fluid to see if it is low or
has leaked out since the last time you drove the car.   top it off with 90W gear
oil.  2. check to make sure your A/C pressure hose isn't coming in contact
with the steering intermediate shaft or its U-joints (especially next to the
pinch bolts).  Not sure how wide spread of a problem this is but my hose was
hitting the lower pinch bolt and would cause uneven resistance in my steering.  it
even caused an A/C leak.
3.  check your tire pressures.  after 7 months surely they are not correct
and a low tire can cause a wide variety of annoying steering problems.

Date: Sun, 25 Jul 2004 16:47:25 -0000
From: "David Teitelbaum" <jtrealty_at_dml_webspan.net>

Sounds like you need to lubricate and or replace the rubber bushing
where the steering shaft goes through the front bulkhead.

Date: Sun, 25 Jul 2004 14:59:57 EDT
From: PRC1216_at_dml_aol.com
Subject: Re: atta boy Video bob

>From what I have heard, the same radio antenna that AutoZone sells works in
the DeLorean as well.  I think it sells for $39.99  I have been told that it
even fits in the original bracket too.  Anybody tried this?

Patrick

Date: Sun, 25 Jul 2004 11:55:25 -0700 (PDT)
From: Rod Dillman <rhdillman_at_dml_yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: Re: Hood won't pop up

To avoid damage to the metal loop, gently lower the hood to rest on the latch, then place the base of your palm on the hood over the latch and push down until the latch clicks.  Never drop the hood down on the latch to close it.

David Teitelbaum <jtrealty_at_dml_webspan.net> wrote:
Make sure the metal loop on the hood (bonnet) locates right in the
middle of the latch without rubbing on the sides. Adjust the latch
left or right to do this, enlarge the bolt holes if you have to. The
other thing is there are 2 springs in the lock. Take the cover off and
shorten the smaller spring a little. Add a back-up emergency cable in
case the cable should break again. Lubricate the lock, that always
helps too.

--- In dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com, deloreanernst_at_dml_a... wrote:
> My hood used to pop up a fraction when I pulled the hood release.
Lately I

Date: Sun, 25 Jul 2004 16:51:52 -0000
From: "David Teitelbaum" <jtrealty_at_dml_webspan.net>
Subject: BTTF on Access Hoolywood Today

I just recorded a segment of Access Hollywood that had a nice piece on
the BTTF Triliogy with some outtakes and some interviews with cast
members and others. I caught it in VHS about 12 min. Can anyone put it
on DVD and/or put it up on a server? Is anyone interested in it? It
will probably be rerun several times in the near future anyway. Nice
to see it hasn't been competely forgotten. The show also did the
Terminator series, Pulp Fiction, and When Harry met Sally.

Date: Sun, 25 Jul 2004 16:45:57 -0000
From: "David Teitelbaum" <jtrealty_at_dml_webspan.net>

Get some 3M trim adhesive or some Liquid Nail. Use it sparingly as it
is difficult to clean up th excess.

Date: Sun, 25 Jul 2004 16:41:58 -0700 (PDT)
From: John Podlewski <john_podlewski_at_dml_yahoo.com>
Subject: DOOR SEALS ON EBAY

Just wanted to give the list a shot _at_dml_ this first.
.Delorean Inner door seals on ebay.
E-mail privately if interested, used 3 months old from popular delorean vendor.  $100. Thanks!

Date: Sun, 25 Jul 2004 20:09:53 -0000
From: "Mike" <mquinto_at_dml_comcast.net>
Subject: LED Pics in "Photos" Section

Hi Michael,
 The LED's you saw belong to me. I've been running them for about
five years now. Back then there were no direct replacements for some
of the base sizes and the ones they did have for example: the 1156 &
1157, they where new and very expensive.

 Since my company was in off-road vehicle manufacturing, we needed a
bulb that could survive in the water, mud, and deal with the
constant vibration.
So we talk to some vendors like Radiantz, LEDTronics, Jamstraight,
and quite a few others. We did numerous light tests with a light
Meter, with and without the housings. We consulted the SAE and DOT
Literature.

 So, we decided on the Jamstraits Hyper-Brights good but still
expensive. Then I did my own tests on the Delorean Taillights. And I
found the same thing. They were brighter and filled the housing at
the required angles needed for DOT. But didn't swap out my
taillights till a couple years later when the price came down.

 That was the easy part, the side markers and the door lights were
not yet available. I contacted http://www.radiantz.com/ They make
custom LED applications. They had allot of ideas for the taillights,
door lights, front blinkers and side marker lights. But $$$. And
everything had to do with custom fitting. (Cutting the lenses).
They showed me their beautiful Dodge Challenger with LED strips
across the back as a third brake light, pretty cool.

 Then I decided to customize my own lenses starting with the side
markers and the front blinkers, I purchased a LED third brake light
from JC Whitney for $11.00. I took it apart, removed the led's and
resistors.
And purchased generic light boards from Radio Shack (you have
questions they sometimes have answers). Then I made my own custom
LED boards. Then after that I did a set for the door lights. Then
after that the 194 became available. But I never swapped any of my
custom stuff out. I like the way it looks with more LED's in the
lenses.

 The only places where I don't have LED's on my car are the glove
box and the A/C panel. At the time I asked the list to watch out for
those BA7's. Now they are available. Instead I purchased the
indiglow just for the A/C panel in red to match my red dash LED's.
I'll swap it out later.

 I put pictures in the Yahoo groups a while back and a detailed list
of vendors and bulb sizes for the DeLorean in the Files folder.
Before anyone asks, I don't sell LED lights. There are about 100 or
so vendors out there that sell direct replacements or individually
for customizing. My opinion I would not purchase any 1156, 1157 or
194 LED other than Jamstraits. The Hyper-brights not the Super-
brights. The Super-brights are equivalent to what everyone else is
selling.

 I might have other pictures available of my custom lights. If you
want them contact me off list.
Hope this helps,
Mike
Vin#1113