From: <dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com>
To: <dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com>
Subject: [DML] Digest Number 2140
Date: Tuesday, July 27, 2004 3:03 AM

1. Re: Turbo question
From: "Donald L. Ekhoff" <ekhoff_at_dml_seagullsolutions.net>

2. Re: Supercharger in Bob Brandys' dyno test
From: "Dave Swingle" <swingle_at_dml_dmcnews.com>

3. Re: Turbo question
From: mike.griese_at_dml_worldnet.att.net

4. Re: Supercharger in Bob Brandys' dyno test
From: Bob Brandys <BobB_at_dml_safety-epa.com>

Message: 1
Date: Mon, 26 Jul 2004 16:58:56 -0700
From: "Donald L. Ekhoff" <ekhoff_at_dml_seagullsolutions.net>
Subject: Re: Turbo question

My DeLorean tends to start quickly and with gusto. This means that the
turbo is expected to spin prior to engine oil pressure having a chance
to develope and transfer out to the turbo. There isn't really much that
can be done about it except to make things as short coupled to the
source as possible. Filtration could definitly introduce delay.

One good policy however is to provide a droop in the pressure line near
the turbo. When the line drains at engine shutdown hopefully this
depression can provide an immediate burst of oil to get the turbo thru
until the main supply is up and flowing. Try to plumb it such that this
supply line does not drain when the engine is not running. Prolon oil
additive is also an excellent product to help extend the bushing life of
turbochargers.

Don Ekhoff

Date: Tue, 27 Jul 2004 01:29:04 -0000
From: "Dave Swingle" <swingle_at_dml_dmcnews.com>
Subject: Re: Supercharger in Bob Brandys' dyno test

Probably because they don't know it exists. Not everything is a kit.
It was built up by a mechanic here in the Chicago area. I posted a
photo on the photos section. Very clean installation, the bracket is
a work of art and it was interesting adapting the dmc to a serpentine
belt.

What's really interesting is that he can take the belt off, remove
the air intake hose, and voila - a stock PRV (without an air
cleaner).

Dave Swingle

Date: Tue, 27 Jul 2004 01:33:43 +0000
From: mike.griese_at_dml_worldnet.att.net

Another alternative is a pre-oiler.  This is an electric pump
that pressurizes the oiling system prior to starting the car.
It can also be used to circulate oil in the turbo bearings
once the car has been turned off.  This prevents coking the
oil in the bearings.  These systems are very popular with the
Turbo Esprit crowd.

-------------- Original message from "Donald L. Ekhoff" : --------------

Date: Mon, 26 Jul 2004 20:48:23 -0500
From: Bob Brandys <BobB_at_dml_safety-epa.com>

Matt,

Glen auto installed the super charger.   As I remember, it was a very
small unit in terms of cfm.  Glen was looking to maximize the very low
end of drivability.
It was a real nice job.  THey used a VW turbo cap on the air intake to
the fuel meter.
If Glen is still on the list, maybe he can fill in more of the details.

Bob