From: <dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com>
To: <dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com>
Subject: [DML] Digest Number 2146
Date: Saturday, July 31, 2004 3:03 AM

1. Claudia Wells to attend BTTF screening at Universal
From: "Stephen Clark" <stephen_at_dml_bttf.com>

2. light problem
From: "andy" <andydandy777_at_dml_aol.com>

3. New Alternator-- Problem solved
From: "eremhcel" <dmcfive0_at_dml_aol.com>

4. RE: Fan fix Relay......Question which one???
From: "John Hervey" <john_at_dml_specialtauto.com>

5. Re: Turbo question (DeLo Intake/Exhaust)
From: "David Teitelbaum" <jtrealty_at_dml_webspan.net>

6. Re: Frame+Epoxy
From: "David Teitelbaum" <jtrealty_at_dml_webspan.net>

7. Re: Heatgun + Frame = Bye Bye Epoxy
From: "David Teitelbaum" <jtrealty_at_dml_webspan.net>

8. Re: 3rd Brake Light Wiring
From: "David Teitelbaum" <jtrealty_at_dml_webspan.net>

9. cold starting
From: "likl3189" <likl3189_at_dml_yahoo.com>

Message: 1
Date: Fri, 30 Jul 2004 20:15:32 -0000
From: "Stephen Clark" <stephen_at_dml_bttf.com>
Subject: Claudia Wells to attend BTTF screening at Universal

Those of you who live in the Los Angeles area and did not get a
chance to meet Claudia Wells at Pigeon Forge, this story we ran today
may be of interest to you:

----------------

Claudia Wells to attend CityWalk screening of "Back to the
Future"

"Doc Brown" and his DeLorean also to be on-hand

Universal City, Calif.  Actress Claudia Wells will grace the
stage at Universal Studios Hollywood's CityWalk on Tuesday, August 3,
2004 for the free outdoor screening of 'Back to the Future'.  The
event is part of 97.1 FM's 3rd annual 'Under the Stars' summer drive-
in movie series.

The Pre-show, which will be hosted by 97.1 FM's Leo Quinones
'The Film Freak', begins at 7:30 PM with the film beginning at 8:00
PM.

In addition, Universal's "Doc Brown" character is expected to make an
appearance in one of Universal's few remaining screen-used DeLorean
time machines for photo ops. Claudia Wells will be at 97.1's
autograph booth signing photos, and will provide trivia about the
film prior to the screening.

Fans are encouraged to arrive early, bringing lawn chairs & blankets
due to the night chill after dark.  For more information, visit
www.filmfreak.com.

----------------

Stephen Clark,
BTTF.com

Date: Fri, 30 Jul 2004 20:53:50 -0000
From: "andy" <andydandy777_at_dml_aol.com>
Subject: light problem

My engine compartment light does not work. I replaced the whole
light with a new one from Grady's. I used a test light I have no
power to either of the lines (1 red 1 purple) coming to this light.
I checked what I assume to be the switch at the fire wall and there
is a purple and white and also a black wire here. I have no 12 volts
here either, #12 fuse is good the door lights work, the interior
lights will come on when i turn it on but will not work with the
door, this also is a new light and is plugged in the correct way. I
really want the engine light any ideals on a fix?

Date: Fri, 30 Jul 2004 23:31:30 -0000
From: "eremhcel" <dmcfive0_at_dml_aol.com>
Subject: New Alternator-- Problem solved

Thanks to the group for the suggestions. I fixed the squealing from
my alternator when the A/C was on. It ended up being the alternator
belt wasn't tight enough. I loosened the bolts and retightened the
belt, now no more squealing with the A/C on and the lights don't dim
when its on! Thanks for the help.

Date: Fri, 30 Jul 2004 20:42:33 -0500
From: "John Hervey" <john_at_dml_specialtauto.com>
Subject: RE: Fan fix Relay......Question which one???

It's amazing to me how a drug company can make drugs to fix the human body
but doesn't have a hospital to practice in. ( I think they call it
research.)
A Bosch relay is a Bosch relay is a Bosch relay. If you want to pay more for
the same part then that's your business, But if you want to save a little on
the same part then that's my business. Paying more doesn't make it a better
part, it just makes you reach a little deeper for the logo or the name in a
pretty box.

Date: Sat, 31 Jul 2004 01:47:37 -0000
From: "David Teitelbaum" <jtrealty_at_dml_webspan.net>
Subject: Re: Turbo question (DeLo Intake/Exhaust)

You cannot just compare the intake dimensions with the exhaust
dimensions without taking into account the temperature of the gases
flowing in them. The air going into the motor is somewhere near
ambient while the gases coming out are MUCH hotter having expanded so
you need a MUCH LARGER  pipe to handle the same mass of air. You also
have to consider that all of the cylinders do not fire and exhaust at
the same time, some "scavange" air from others, backpressure, and all
kinds of other factors are at work here. The main point heree is the
exhaust on the Delorean is VERY restrictive. Almost anything you do
would be an improvement.

Date: Sat, 31 Jul 2004 01:50:10 -0000
From: "David Teitelbaum" <jtrealty_at_dml_webspan.net>
Subject: Re: Frame+Epoxy

Instead of the aluminum colored paint you could use Krylon "Smoke
Grey" in a spray can. It is in Home Depot and I am sure many other
stores. It is about as close a match as you will find. Just sand and
feather the edges and you will never notice the repair.

--- In dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com, "austinbrumley" <austinbrumley_at_dml_d...>

Date: Sat, 31 Jul 2004 01:53:06 -0000
From: "David Teitelbaum" <jtrealty_at_dml_webspan.net>
Subject: Re: Heatgun + Frame = Bye Bye Epoxy

If you are at all concerned then just set up a small fan to blow the
fumes and smells and smoke away from you. A mask is a good idea but I
don't think it is required. I would recomend eye protection too but
not everyone thinks it will happen to them!

Date: Sat, 31 Jul 2004 01:55:25 -0000
From: "David Teitelbaum" <jtrealty_at_dml_webspan.net>
Subject: Re: 3rd Brake Light Wiring

No matter which way you route the wires install a fuse at the point
you tap off for the 3rd light. If the wire should get pinched and
shorts to ground it will take out the fuse and not ALL of your brake
lights!

Date: Sat, 31 Jul 2004 02:11:32 -0000
From: "likl3189" <likl3189_at_dml_yahoo.com>
Subject: cold starting

Now we're getting somewhere David T
I turned the ign key on and off without cranking two times
as you suggested, and the engine started right up.
Now What?

Thanks for replying.