From: <dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com>
To: <dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com>
Subject: [DML] Digest Number 2147
Date: Sunday, August 01, 2004 3:10 AM

From: "andy" <andydandy777_at_dml_aol.com>

From: "andy" <andydandy777_at_dml_aol.com>

From: "David Teitelbaum" <jtrealty_at_dml_webspan.net>

From: "Dani B" <5n-_at_dml_gmx.net>

From: "alistairmccann" <alistairmccann_at_dml_yahoo.com>

From: "John Hervey" <john_at_dml_specialtauto.com>

From: Phil Priestley <phil_at_dml_alessandros120.com>

From: "Matt" <supermatty_at_dml_psu.edu>

From: "Dani B" <5n-_at_dml_gmx.net>

From: PRC1216_at_dml_aol.com

From: PRC1216_at_dml_aol.com

From: motarhedd_at_dml_aol.com

From: Phil Priestley <phil_at_dml_alessandros120.com>

From: "therealdmcvegas" <dmcvegas_at_dml_cox.net>

15. 170 mile car for sale
From: kKoncelik_at_dml_aol.com

16. RE: The new no go situation
From: "John Hervey" <john_at_dml_specialtauto.com>

Message: 1
Date: Sat, 31 Jul 2004 04:37:55 -0000
From: "andy" <andydandy777_at_dml_aol.com>
Subject: lights

Is there a listing anyplace showing all the light bulb numbers for
the Delorean?   the only way I see to tell which bulb I need is to
remove the old one, surely there is a listing of these numbers
someplace in this group.
andy 03513

Date: Sat, 31 Jul 2004 05:18:54 -0000
From: "andy" <andydandy777_at_dml_aol.com>

To answer my own question partially,  front and rear side markers
are #1893 Sylvania- door light are #158 Sylvania- luggage
compartment #254 Chieftain size 11mm by 38mm-engine compartment
light #254 chieftain size 11mm by 38mm- tail light are #89 and #1156
all of these numbers came from an 1986 Delorean world tech notebook,
I would like to have the numbers for the dash and the a/c panel it
they are out there.
andy 03513

Date: Sat, 31 Jul 2004 15:18:49 -0000
From: "David Teitelbaum" <jtrealty_at_dml_webspan.net>
Subject: Re: cold starting

Replace the RPM relay. By turning the key on and off you ran the fuel
pump before starting the motor. This built up pressure in the fuel
system before you tried to start the motor. Now when you tried
starting the motor it already had fuel so it fired right up. The RPM
relay is supposed to pulse the pump when you turn the key to on and
then stop until the engine is cranking and running to keep the fuel
pump from running if the motor is not running. Your RPM relay is not
giving the fuel pump that first "pulse" long enough to pump up
pressure. By turning the key on and off a couple of times you got the
pump to run longer to build up system pressure. The other (remote)
possability is a collapsed suction hose. Maybe before you replace the
RPM relay you should inspect inside the fuel tank and all the fuel
system components inside. Drain and wipe out the dirt, make sure
everything is properly positioned, in good condition, and the hose is
not soft or kinked.

Date: Sat, 31 Jul 2004 16:17:15 -0000
From: "Dani B" <5n-_at_dml_gmx.net>
Subject: Re: lights

To my understanding, the dash/panel bulbs aren't readily available
from auto parts stores. Many have told me these bulbs aren't widely
seen in cars, and some say they aren't even being made anymore and
can't be purchased for store sales. The only place to get these would
be the vendors. Even with a number you can't walk into a parts store
and buy them. Dani B. 5003

Date: Sat, 31 Jul 2004 17:22:02 -0000
From: "alistairmccann" <alistairmccann_at_dml_yahoo.com>
Subject: Photos Of PILOT25 Uploaded

Hi Folks

I have Uploaded pictures of my Delorean "PILOT25" onto the pictures
section.

If you have any questions just email me at aclassali_at_dml_o2.co.uk  I can
reply to you faster that way as I dont check my email too much.

To give you a quick history rundown, the car was built before
vin#500 and was used as an advertising/test car for the automotive
meadia.  It appears on the cover of Autocar magazine with the
licence plate "RIA 7124" It still has the plate today.

Alistair McCann

Date: Sat, 31 Jul 2004 14:11:50 -0500
From: "John Hervey" <john_at_dml_specialtauto.com>

Andy, I thought you had looked at my web site better. It's under electrical.
:(

Date: Sat, 31 Jul 2004 12:31:50 -0700
From: Phil Priestley <phil_at_dml_alessandros120.com>
Subject: Vandalism to My D

I have been forced to drive my D the last couple days while my Benz is
in the shop. Yesterday  I parked it at work and left the windows down
about 2 inches . When I got in it last night at 1AM  I noticed that
there were little drops of water all over the passengers seat.
I soon realized that it wasn't water and some _at_dml_ssh*le  had unzipped ,
stuck it through the gap in the window and peed all over the passengers
seat and carpets. I got home and used towels to soak up the rather
large puddle that was under the carpet .  I had  to go get a rental car
today and will end up taking the seat out tomorrow and shampooing the
carpets. I am so livid right now that I can barely get a complete
sentence out.
Vin 2105
Phil Priestley
Alessandros 120
http://alessandros120.com/
(503)370-9951

Date: Sat, 31 Jul 2004 21:08:39 -0000
From: "Matt" <supermatty_at_dml_psu.edu>
Subject: Re: Vandalism to My D

So sorry to hear about your bad luck.  Was this while you were parked
outside of your restaurant?  I have such a hard time believing
someone would be willing to take the risk of being seen in such a
public place like that.  Maybe someone *DID* see the vandal?
If it makes you feel any better, my buddy just bought a VW Beetle
Turbo RS, and someone did something similar to his car, except from
the posterior end.
It's really a shame people feel the need to destroy what they cant
have.

Date: Sat, 31 Jul 2004 21:23:25 -0000
From: "Dani B" <5n-_at_dml_gmx.net>
Subject: The new no go situation

Today I got into my car to find after about 10 slow cranks my battery
died out. I had to get a jump and it took quite a while and numerous
tries to get it fired up. So I got the car to my other home where my
tools are, I took out the battery and put it on the charger, it was
next to empty. I just replaced the alternator last year with a 150
amp, and the batter was replaced in April. The battery has died a few
times and recharged using only alternator power once the car was
running, I've never charged it on the charger until today. Also while
inspecting my fuses, my 20amp #7-fuel pump fuse was melted down on
itself, I had to use pliers to get it out. My hi/lo beam fuses were
kind of melted but thats the usual thing for me. Anyway, what am I to
suspect here, the battery, alternator or what? Can a short somewhere
cause no charge to the battery? My volt gauge reads that I'm getting
12~13. This situation is confusing me. Dani B. 5003

Date: Sat, 31 Jul 2004 17:44:29 EDT
From: PRC1216_at_dml_aol.com

Too bad you didn't have some James Bond feature to detect that and roll up
the windows while the guy was taking care of business all over your interior.
Would have been an interesting discussion with him when you got back to your
car.   :)   That really is a shame though, I am amazed what people will do out
of jealousy.

Patrick

Date: Sat, 31 Jul 2004 17:49:42 EDT
From: PRC1216_at_dml_aol.com
Subject: Re: Photos Of PILOT25 Uploaded

Notice how some of the interior pieces are black and others are grey.   I
would have thought DMC would have put more detail into a car that they were
touting to the press and other publications.   Anyway, a very cool car nonetheless.
  I would be curious to know the date that this car was built and compare it
to VIN 500.   Just how much earlier is it?

Patrick

Date: Sat, 31 Jul 2004 18:23:51 -0400
From: motarhedd_at_dml_aol.com
Subject: New Owner #1790 w/mods?

Hello folks!

i've just bought my first Delorean, i've been working on this deal for the past month and expect to have my car on monday.
it looks a bit rough and could use some work but i finally have one. i'm taking a hit on the financing but its a price im willing to pay...21% interest thanks to my own bad credit
:(
here are some pics from their web site
http://www.pjsautoworld.com/1980cars/1981deloreanold.html

it doesnt show the electrical modifications made to it, again something that will have to be dealt with. its previous owner, an engineer that worked on military(?) jet engines, reworked the electrical wiring and installed what looks like a aircraft type of fuse box between the seats on the rear section of the console. i will get to posting pictures to the list to see what kind of comments/opinnons i can get about it. very gaudy looking i must say.

btw, the check out the other delorean on their site, the red one vin# 7171 the dealer's story is that it came from JDZ's brother's caddie dealership w/ its paint 6500 miles on speedo.

Thanks,
Russell N.
vin#1790

Date: Sat, 31 Jul 2004 17:39:17 -0700
From: Phil Priestley <phil_at_dml_alessandros120.com>
Subject: Re: Re: Vandalism to My D

I was parked under a light in the slot closest to the street and there
were two handicapped spots between me and the street. If there was a
van in one of the handicapped spots that would have blocked the view
from the street.
There was a summer event going on a block away that had a beer garden
and my guess is that it was a drunk that thought it would be funny.
It has just not been my week. The transmission in my Benz went out at
85k miles, 15k short of its first fluid/filter change. Gonna be
$3500-5500 to fix that. Wounded a testicle at work and had to have it
ultra sounded. Tore my fingernail back from the finger. Last night the
sewers backed up at the restaurant and flooded the basement half an
hour before I went to my car(after being at work for 17 hours). Twisted
an ankle on the roof fixing the a/c and damn near fell 40 ft to the
ground. AND now I'm stuck driving a gutless Chrysler Sebring rental car
till the benz and or Delorean are fixed. I'm not a person that gets
emotional even at funerals but last night  I was on the verge of tears
for the first time since 9/11.

Phil Priestley
Alessandros 120
http://alessandros120.com/
(503)370-9951

Date: Sun, 01 Aug 2004 01:52:49 -0000
From: "therealdmcvegas" <dmcvegas_at_dml_cox.net>
Subject: Re: New Owner #1790 w/mods?

My first advise to you is to remount the DeLorean seat belts back
into the car before you drive it on the road for your own safety.
That 4-point harness doesn't look like it was mounted appropriately.
It's hard to tell from this photograph, but it appears that the
shoulder restraints have been mounted to the seat rail bolts. Aside
from this not bein a reinforced area to hold the belt tension in the
event of a collision, you could end up with some serious spinal
damage. 2 & 3 point harnesses hold you back, flush against the seat.
When belts are looped over you shoulders and down, they can pull down
on you, and compress the discs in your spine. A collision that you
could have walked away from, could otherwise cause you some serious
back injuries with this set up.

Date: Sat, 31 Jul 2004 22:20:36 EDT
From: kKoncelik_at_dml_aol.com
Subject: 170 mile car for sale

The 170 mile that I have is again for sale the last sale did not go through.

Please only serious offers will be considered.

The car can be seen on www.deloreancarshow.com under car for sale.
I have two concours cars and only need one so that is why it is for sale.

The car is listed in this months Hemmings Magazine.
Its listed again at $28K.

If it is not gone by spring it will be in Houson at the Concours.

Also we just opened up a new business
Cincinnati Car Storage and will be storing cars for the winter months
we are at www.cincinnaticarstorage.com.

If you are interested in either let me know privately

Date: Sat, 31 Jul 2004 21:24:21 -0500
From: "John Hervey" <john_at_dml_specialtauto.com>
Subject: RE: The new no go situation

Dan, Alternators are not made to charge a battery but to maintain what is
already there. Running with a low battery puts extra work on the circuits
and that was probably why the fuses melted. You need to put the battery on a
slow charge over night and take a reading on battery condition in the
morning. The battery should read 12.66. volts and hold that with a load for
a while if it's good.
Call if you need further help.
24/7  972-564-9321