From: <dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com>
To: <dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com>
Subject: [DML] Digest Number 2150
Date: Tuesday, August 03, 2004 3:28 AM

1. Re: Ignition breakdown
From: "David Teitelbaum" <jtrealty_at_dml_webspan.net>

2. Re: Vandalism to My D
From: "ryanpwright" <yahoo1_at_dml_ryanwright.com>

3. Re: A New Way to Bleed Brakes & Clutch
From: "David Teitelbaum" <jtrealty_at_dml_webspan.net>

4. Re: Speedometer
From: "thebrave65" <johnnysher1_at_dml_cox.net>

5. Re: Speedometer
From: "Jake Kamphoefner" <jakekamp_at_dml_sbcglobal.net>

6. Looking for someone from DCS 2004
From: "bluemax86" <massimot_at_dml_rushmore.com>

7. door struts for sale
From: "Payne" <bpayne_at_dml_macnet.com>

8. POR 15 v's Herculiner
From: "bluemax86" <massimot_at_dml_rushmore.com>

9. Re: 3rd Brake Light Wiring
From: "David Teitelbaum" <jtrealty_at_dml_webspan.net>

10. RE: Speedometer
From: "Ed Garbade" <edgarbade_at_dml_hotmail.com>

Message: 1
Date: Tue, 03 Aug 2004 00:15:37 -0000
From: "David Teitelbaum" <jtrealty_at_dml_webspan.net>
Subject: Re: Ignition breakdown

Sounds like a bad ignition wire, maybe one or more are not snapped on
a spark plug, or a bad, misgapped spark plug. Using the new, hotter
coil made the problem worse because the spark jumped out of the bad
spot easier. Go over the ignition wires, maybe you streched one of
them and broke the core inside?

Date: Mon, 02 Aug 2004 21:13:27 -0000
From: "ryanpwright" <yahoo1_at_dml_ryanwright.com>
Subject: Re: Vandalism to My D

Phil!! :(

So sorry to hear about this. What the heck is wrong with people?!
Things like this really make you lose hope in your fellow human
beings. I don't even consider someone who would do this as worthy of
the term human. They are nothing more than a dog. Actually, even that
is too good for them.

I can only imagine how angry you are. Make sure you file a police
report. You might even go talk to the local newspaper - see if they
are interested in a short story. Maybe someone saw something.

I don't understand what motivates people to do this. I know someone
who leaves the doors unlocked in her car because "I don't have
anything in here worth stealing." I tell her, "No, but somebody might
take a knife to your leather seats just for the fun of it." She
doesn't believe people do things like that. I hear about it all the time.

-Ryan

Date: Tue, 03 Aug 2004 00:24:51 -0000
From: "David Teitelbaum" <jtrealty_at_dml_webspan.net>
Subject: Re: A New Way to Bleed Brakes & Clutch

I was mainly suggesting it for the clutch. You can use a "Poor Man's"
bleeder as John Robertson mentions on the brakes but this looks slick.
It has the check valve INSIDE the bleeder. I figure it might be an
improvement on the clutch, not the brakes. Price is not always
important, especally when it comes to a person't Delorean!

--- In dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com, "Scott Mueller" <scott.a.mueller_at_dml_m...>

Date: Mon, 02 Aug 2004 22:49:49 -0000
From: "thebrave65" <johnnysher1_at_dml_cox.net>
Subject: Re: Speedometer

It doesn't mean the the cables are ok if the needle still moves.
Check both ends of the lower speedo cable and see if they are rounded
out or if they're still there.

I had a problem very similar to what you describe and it turned out
that the lower cable that goes into the AD was broken at the very
end.  It had just enough to bounce the needle and give some readings,
but not enough to work properly.

Couldn't hurt to grease the cable either.

Johnny
5518

Date: Mon, 2 Aug 2004 17:42:15 -0500
From: "Jake Kamphoefner" <jakekamp_at_dml_sbcglobal.net>

James,

Take the left-front wheel off and turn the angle drive by hand.  If you are
sure everything is operating freely, make sure the dust cap is still square
(not rounded out) and that it fits tightly.  If the cap is not snug when the
wheel is replaced, it will cause this jumping condition, and you can get
creative with how to fix it.  A strategically placed rubber band around the
perimeter of the cap, or perhaps gluing some rubber on the points that
contact the wheel will solve the problem.

This assumes you have no internal problem with the speedo.  Theoretically,
if the needle is moving, so should be the odometer.  Let us know what
happens.

Jake Kamphoefner
For me and 1063

Date: Tue, 03 Aug 2004 00:25:38 -0000
From: "bluemax86" <massimot_at_dml_rushmore.com>
Subject: Looking for someone from DCS 2004

Hi all,

When I was at the DCS 2004 show I saw a car at Saturdays event
(inside) that had the intake manifolds painted grey (sort of a grey
pattern), the gentleman mantioned that he had done another Delorean in
a tan color. The car was in front of the stage. It looked really cool
and I wanted to do the same to mine. If he is on the list could you
please contact me off line.

Thanks
Max

Date: Mon, 2 Aug 2004 18:21:37 -0700
From: "Payne" <bpayne_at_dml_macnet.com>
Subject: door struts for sale

I have a pair of brand new door struts for sale (DMC Texas kind) and I
thought I'd offer them up on the list first. They have never been used, one
was only briefly installed for testing purposes.

If anyone is interested in purchasing them, please contact me off the list
at bpayne(at)macnet.com

Thank you.

---

Date: Tue, 03 Aug 2004 00:21:33 -0000
From: "bluemax86" <massimot_at_dml_rushmore.com>
Subject: POR 15 v's Herculiner

I am in the process of replacing my shocks. While I had things apart I
thought I would repaint my lower and upper link arms since they have
some  chips and surface rust on them (I am planning on removing them
first).

My question is should I use POR 15 or something like Herculiner bed
liner paint. I like the idea of using Herculiner as it is very tough
and resists just about anything.

Any ideas or suggestions would be appreciated.

Max

Date: Tue, 03 Aug 2004 00:19:23 -0000
From: "David Teitelbaum" <jtrealty_at_dml_webspan.net>
Subject: Re: 3rd Brake Light Wiring

You want to use one that is small enough that it will blow when it has
to but large enough to carry the load of the 3rd light. 5 amps should
be fine. Go to the auto store and buy an "inline fuse". Cut out a
short piece of wire and replace it with the inline fuse. Remove the
fuse that it comes with and insert a 5 amp fuse.

Date: Mon, 02 Aug 2004 22:40:57 -0400
From: "Ed Garbade" <edgarbade_at_dml_hotmail.com>

Had similar problem.  Found out lower speedo cable had un-screwed itself
behind the brake pedal.  Lubricated cable and reattached.  Problem solved.

Ed 10541