From: <dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com>
To: <dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com>
Subject: [DML] Digest Number 2159
Date: Friday, August 06, 2004 4:59 PM

1. Re: Clear Cooling Hoses
From: tobyp_at_dml_katewwdb.com

2. RE: Clear Cooling Hoses
From: "Video Bob" <videobob_at_dml_hotmail.com>

3. Re: Clear Cooling Hoses
From: "Dave Sontos" <dsontos_at_dml_verizon.net>

4. RE: Clear Cooling Hoses
From: "Joseph Kuchan" <josephkuchan_at_dml_hotmail.com>

5. Re: Clear Cooling Hoses
From: Mike Substelny <msubstel_at_dml_lorainccc.edu>

6. Re: Clear Cooling Hoses
From: "content22207" <brobertson_at_dml_carolina.net>

7. RE: Clear Cooling Hoses
From: "Joseph Kuchan" <josephkuchan_at_dml_hotmail.com>

8. Re: Turbos - bad wrap. What's UP!!
From: Marc Levy <malevy_nj_at_dml_yahoo.com>

9. Re: Turbos - bad wrap. What's UP!!
From: Martin Gutkowski <martin_at_dml_delorean.co.uk>

10. Re: Turbos - bad wrap. What's UP!!
From: Louie G <louie_at_dml_delorean.com>

11. Re: DeLorean REPRODUCTION Side-Stripe Kits
From: kKoncelik_at_dml_aol.com

12. Re: need towing advice
From: "Richard" <dmc_driver_at_dml_yahoo.ca>

13. Re: LED Festoon Bulbs
From: "Joe OBrien" <joeyoseppijoe_at_dml_yahoo.com>

14. Re: Mysteries of the CO Adjusting Screw Unravelled
From: "Jeff Phillips" <jmanis2_at_dml_yahoo.com>

15. need help with engine setup for the island twin turbo kit (fwd)
From: kkurth2675_at_dml_comcast.net

16. Is this the blue wonder towel???
From: "Joe OBrien" <joeyoseppijoe_at_dml_yahoo.com>

17. Rebuilding a blow motor, continued.
From: "therealdmcvegas" <dmcvegas_at_dml_cox.net>

18. Re: Turbos - bad wrap. What's UP!!
From: Chris Shepherd <chrisau79_at_dml_yahoo.com>

19. Re: Is John Hervey - Special T Auto Rippin' Me Off?
From: "cruznmd" <racuti1_at_dml_delorean.com>

20. Re: Turbos - bad wrap. What's UP!!
From: Dick Ryan <deloreanbiker_at_dml_yahoo.com>

21. Re: Turbos - bad wrap. What's UP!!
From: Marc Levy <malevy_nj_at_dml_yahoo.com>

22. Re: need help with engine setup for the island twin turbo kit (fwd)
From: Chris Shepherd <chrisau79_at_dml_yahoo.com>

23. Re: >snip< LED FESTOON BULBS!(A/C)
From: "ryanpwright" <yahoo1_at_dml_ryanwright.com>

24. Re: >snip< LED FESTOON BULBS!(A/C)
From: "ryanpwright" <yahoo1_at_dml_ryanwright.com>

25. Re: Turbos - bad wrap. What's UP!!
From: Dick Ryan <deloreanbiker_at_dml_yahoo.com>

Message: 1
Date: Fri, 06 Aug 2004 04:00:07 -0000
From: tobyp_at_dml_katewwdb.com
Subject: Re: Clear Cooling Hoses

Matt - When I first developed the engine self-bleeder system back in
1994, I used some of this reinforced clear vinyl tubing (5/16" ID)
in order to see what was really going on.  It lasted for a short
while (100 miles?), and then started to fail from high temperatures
and pressures.  It eventually blew apart at 70 mph on I-90, just
east of Seattle.  Green blood everywhere.  Bottom line - use it at
your own risk.  They may have come up with better stuff in the last
10 years, but I'm not sure that I want to spend the resources to
find out.  Let us know what you decide to do.

Toby Peterson  VIN 2248 "Winged1"
DeLorean Parts Northwest, LLC
www.delorean-parts.com

--- In dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com, "Matt Spittle" <supermatty_at_dml_p...>
wrote:
> I was in Lowes Home Improvement yesterday and saw this 1.25" clear
> PVC braided hose.  It was pretty thick stuff, and rated for 200
PSI at 68 degrees Fahrenheit.  While, I can't necessarily speculate
as to what the PSI rating would be at 220 degrees, might the
corresponding max pressure be at least 15 PSI?  Anyone familiar with

Date: Thu, 05 Aug 2004 22:19:54 -0500
From: "Video Bob" <videobob_at_dml_hotmail.com>

These are for pools and hot tubs... I just put some on, so I know.
It is really hard stuff.
However, I am not sure what would happen if you used it for a radiator.
Radiator hose has braided belting for strength like a tire.
Besides, it would not be clear for long.
As soon as the heat hits it it will turn yellow and then crack.
- VB

Date: Fri, 6 Aug 2004 08:08:27 -0400
From: "Dave Sontos" <dsontos_at_dml_verizon.net>

I think these two paragraphs from the site pretty much are two good reasons
NOT to use this hose.

"Gasoline and oils will harden PVC over periods of intermittent use. The
hardening process will be greatly reduced under continuous use applications.

NYLOBRADE HP (High Pressure) sizes 3/8" I.D. and up have a tighter braid
pattern and, therefore, reduce the visual flow contact and increase the
hose's resistance to bending & flexing."

MAX operating temp 175 F

above 175 F you will end up with chewing gum.

Dave Sontos

Date: Fri, 06 Aug 2004 07:37:14 -0500
From: "Joseph Kuchan" <josephkuchan_at_dml_hotmail.com>

The only sure way to know would be to determine the manufacturer and contact
their engineering department. The higher temperatures could DRAMATICALLY
lower the pressure rating of the material. It will also need to be
compatible with coolant. Also, even if it can handle 15 psi at normal
coolant temps, I would want a hefty safety margin before considering using
it on a car.

As for looks, I would not be surprised if it looked pretty good at the
outset, but then turned king of "gooky" as minute particles that are
suspened in the coolant deposit themselves into the surface of the hose
material.

-Joe Kuchan

Date: Fri, 06 Aug 2004 08:48:48 -0400
From: Mike Substelny <msubstel_at_dml_lorainccc.edu>

In a former life I was in the plastic molding business.  We molded PVC
all the time, and going from my cobweb-filled memory I believe it took a
lot less that 220 degrees to "melt" it.  That's a layman's term, when
you mold amorphous thermoplastics they don't really change states from
solid to liquid like ice melting to water, they just enter a plasticity
region when heated above their glass transition temperature.  I think
the glass transition temperature for PVC is less than 190 F.  By the
time your DeLorean reached operating temperature your transparent hoses
would have become soft and malleable, unable to withstand any pressure.

Also, I have no idea what chemical interaction might occur between the
PVC hoses and hot ethylene glycol in your coolant.  I have never heard
of anyone trying anything like that before.  Who knows, that might be an
adventure even more exciting that melting your cooling system!

Of course the stock radiator hoses do not last forever, either.  If you
are willing to change out all your coolant hoses every time you run your
engine for five minutes, those reinforced PVC hoses *could* give your
engine compartment a pretty nifty look.

- Mike Substelny
satisfied with black coolant hoses for 10 years.

Date: Fri, 06 Aug 2004 14:10:01 -0000
From: "content22207" <brobertson_at_dml_carolina.net>

PVC will melt at cooling system temps (up to 260-280 degrees).

Plus water pump barbs are larger than 1.25".

Plus you'd have to insert springs to keep it from kinking around the
bends.

Overall it's a bad idea.

If you need 1.25" heater hose, NAPA sells commercial grade bulk rolls.

Date: Fri, 06 Aug 2004 07:38:09 -0500
From: "Joseph Kuchan" <josephkuchan_at_dml_hotmail.com>

One other thing...it has to withstand the clamping force of automotive hose
clamps without extruding through the slots most such clamps have.

-Joe Kuchan

Date: Thu, 5 Aug 2004 20:23:04 -0700 (PDT)
From: Marc Levy <malevy_nj_at_dml_yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: Turbos - bad wrap. What's UP!!

Ahh, I see..  You are more qualified than Fred Dellis
on the subject of Turbos?

If you are going to provide your opinion on a
technical issue like this, can you also fill us in on
your expertise in the subject?

I still have yet to see a after market Turbo DeLorean
that does not blow smoke out of the crank case...

Maybe I have said enough on the issue, I have my
Island turbo engine sitting in the garage that I may
want to sell sometime soon..  LOL

<SNIP>

Date: Fri, 06 Aug 2004 14:17:55 +0100
From: Martin Gutkowski <martin_at_dml_delorean.co.uk>

Sorry, but you can't say "turbos are okay because there are a lot of
them out there with no problems" - because in at least equal measure
there are loads out there WITH problems!

The PRV was later developed by Renault into a turbochargable engine -
the Z7U (2.5) and later the Z7W (3 litre). I have taken apart my Z7U and
if you could see the size of the bottom end bearings compared to the
stock DeLorean engine, you'd have one example of quite how different
they are internally. They are even-fire, with offset journals, the
pistons are forged and lower compression, the conrods are larger, the
valves are sodium cooled, and it's all run with distributorless
ignition* and EFI. The cams are different, the oil feed has an auxiliary
cooler....... I could go on.

There's a very definite reason for each and every one of the changes.
The original DeLorean B28F engine can take a modest amount of boost
because it has lower compression pistons than a B28E european spec
engine. But the way these "kits" adjust the fuelling and timing is
absolutely laughable, and totally "mickey-moused".

* not strictly true - it has a distributor, but it's just mechanical
distribution, which can be removed easily.

Martin

Date: Thu, 5 Aug 2004 23:17:29 -0700 (PDT)
From: Louie G <louie_at_dml_delorean.com>

I don't see a lot of substance to what you're trying to argue. Do you have a turbo DeLorean yourself? Have you worked on a lot of turbo DeLoreans? Have you tabled repairs costs and wear over the years against other naturally aspirated DeLoreans for comparison? Have you known a lot of owners personally who have turbo DeLoreans? I tend to trust Mr. Dellis who is an ENGINEER when he makes comments on the PRV and turbocharging. He probably has more knowledge of turbos and the PRV than anyone. Remember how many thousands of hours he tested the Legend engines? The Legend cars cannot be compared with any other turbo DeLoreans anyways, they're a completely different animal. The Legend PRVs were built from the bottom up with turbocharging in mind. And any car that comes stock with turbocharging is much the same way... they are fortified where needed to handle the extra stress and wear that turbocharging adds on an engine. The later turbo kits offered for the DeLorean are a bolt on solution to a far more complex problem. I've seen many used turbo kits and engine show up on ebay and other sources over the years. Why would these people get rid of the added 30-70hp (depending on single/twin configuration) if these aftermarket systems performed flawlessly on their cars?

My Grandfather has owned car dealerships for over 40 years. He will not buy any used car with a turbo because of the problems they have. This is across the board... Japanese and European cars included. The reality is turbochargers are just adding yet another precision moving part to an already overly complex engine... not to mention the heat factor turbos produce. Heat in aluminum engines in plastic cars is generally your enemy. Also keep in mind the PRV was first born in the early 70s, and was a very simple piece of machinery. Over the years crap was continually piled on the PRV... fuel injection, Lambda and other emissions equipment, and various other electronic controls. I think the last thing the PRV needs is something else it wasn't designed for. That said I've ridden in a couple of turbo DeLoreans and they do add a significant kick to the cars. I've had a chance to buy a couple of them, but decided against it. These kits don't add value to the cars for resale, they certainly aren't going to help as far as collectibility, most vendors will not work on turbo Ds anymore, and on top of that they really aren't the proper solution to turbocharging the cars. What's so great about turbos again? This is not meant to insult turbo owners. I'm playing Devil's Advocate here to a point. The hollow nature of bluemax86's argument annoyed me. I think anything to enhance the performance of the cars is great, but I'm just not entirely sold on the current (or past... the kits are based on 20+ year old technology)turbo option.

Louie Golden
VIN 5252 Charlotte, NC

--- "bluemax86" <massimot_at_dml_rushmore.com> wrote:
OK, I normally don't get involved in discussions that don't directly
deal with fixes to the car, but I just have had enough.

What is up with people having problems with the turbos on our cars.
Everytime someone mentions "turbos" the response is - "well the turbo
is the problem", or "don't put a turbo on the Delorean it can't handle
it get a stage II or III engine", or "the motor will be shot real
quick if you isntall a trubo". Even Mr. Dellis (I think that's how you
spell it), bless his soul, mentioned in is speach that "you can't just
strap a turbo on the Delorean".

Guys (girls), don't you know that there are plenty of turbo Deloreans
out there running just fine with no problems at all, they get driven
often, in some cases the engines have over 100,000 miles on them and
they are still going.

Granted they may be a little more complex than the standard engine but
it's not rocket science. So please, stop giving the "turbos" a bum
wrap, they are not bad for our cars and don't cause the problems that
people say they do. They give you way more horsepower making the car a
scream to drive.

There now I have said my peace - Amen.

Date: Thu, 5 Aug 2004 23:48:56 EDT
From: kKoncelik_at_dml_aol.com
Subject: Re: DeLorean REPRODUCTION Side-Stripe Kits

In a message dated 8/5/2004 11:28:41 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
videobob_at_dml_hotmail.com writes:
The reason that NO ONE has bothered to re-make these in the past is
because you can not get the material any longer.
They are not just plain black, they are textured...sort of like the
grip they stick onto metal stairs... or like the vinyl tops you see on
cars.
_
_
All you need to do is to make a texture wheel at Mold Tech in Youngstown OHIO
and take a plain piece of vinyl and roll it.  Mold Tech has about 10
embossing plants throughout the world. There is also a place outside Niagra Falls
although I forget the name at this point.

The cost for the embossing rolls are about $300 to $600 for what is needed
here and not a hardened steel roll.

Its not a big deal it just takes someone to do it.
I make a number of parts but this part is not one that is going to have a
quick payback.

You can have the vinyl cut easily and you can buy it in bulk and that is
where the cost is
You need to buy a roll.

So there it is how to do it and where to go for the texture anyone out there
want more names and locations for people that supply this stuff (vinyl
supplieres are all over the internet see vinyl on any search engine) I will give you
the leads.

Date: Fri, 06 Aug 2004 08:45:26 -0000
From: "Richard" <dmc_driver_at_dml_yahoo.ca>
Subject: Re: need towing advice

--- In dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com, "Marvin" <marv_at_dml_p...> wrote:
> Need some advice.
>
> Thinking of towing my DeLorean to Florida in December. I have never
towed anything before. I have a 1996 Cadillac STS (front wheel drive).
At the moment, I do not have a tow package or trailer hitch on the
Caddy. Can I use a dolly from U-Haul for the front wheels of the
DeLorean (5 speed) to tow? Other than hooking up brake / turn signal
lights to the back end of the D, any suggestions?

> Marv.

Hey Marv, here's the answer:  http://in2time.com/index.html
;-)

Richard Rowe

Date: Fri, 06 Aug 2004 07:20:58 -0000
From: "Joe OBrien" <joeyoseppijoe_at_dml_yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: LED Festoon Bulbs

I hadn't spoke up yet, but YES you can get all the bulbs for the car
on that site.

I have both my dome lights LED, the trunk & engine compartment
bulbs, & of course both doors in LED.

I have done this do BOTH my cars, since I hardly drive the 83, and
opening the door was the main drain on the battery, now that's
solced.

By the way each car can be converted to LED for about $25. I did
both cars for under $50. With a tiny bit of research, you can't beat
the price, plus the lights are a very high quality.

Joe OBrien

2524 & 16634

Date: Fri, 06 Aug 2004 04:11:21 -0000
From: "Jeff Phillips" <jmanis2_at_dml_yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: Mysteries of the CO Adjusting Screw Unravelled

Ok I took the top off of my mixture unit and determined that my
screw in infact present, I think, maybe.  Actually I'm pretty sure
its there but its so striped out that the head is nearly
unrecognizeable.  For a 1 in a million chance I filled the striped
out hex hole with JB Weld and am letting it cure with a 3mm wrench
(wrapped in saran) in hopes that I'll be able to recreate a usable
head.  I'm highly doubtful that it will work so I'm in the market
for a new screw, unit, whatever.  If you've been following this
thread and are having a hard time viualizing this pesky
screw/airflow meter/balance arm then turn to your books and follow
along page D:01:05 and you'll what Bill described.  The two arms are
spring loaded together and the screw simply pushed down the plunger
arm changing the relative agle of it to the balance assembly.  The
bottom of the screw is the flat washer end so its threaded up from
the bottow originally before assembly making it impossible to
remove.  It does nothing though to prevent a previous owner from
destroying the head of the screw!  :)

Jeff

Date: Fri, 06 Aug 2004 05:35:39 +0000
From: kkurth2675_at_dml_comcast.net
Subject: need help with engine setup for the island twin turbo kit (fwd)

From: kkurth2675_at_dml_comcast.net
To: massimot_at_dml_rushmore.com
Subject: need help with engine setup for the island twin turbo kit
Date: Fri, 6 Aug 2004 05:30:30 +0000

hello, i'm sending all of you delorean enthusiasts out there for some serious help asap.  a lot of the discussion regarding the turbos recently on the dml was due to my e-mail that i sent a couple days ago. anyway, i am a very strong supporter and defender of the delorean and everything to do with the car and it's puzzling past. i have the island twin turbo kit on my car now and it was on the car when i bought it four years ago. i, too, agree that there shouldn't be any reason why the delorean should be any different from any other car out there with a turbo on it. i never push my turbos at all for fear that it may damage the engine or whatever. i'm certainly not a delorean mechanic or expert regarding this, but desperately want someone who is knowledgeable in this area to look at my car in person to let me know what the problems are. i brought my car to a turbo specialist who's seen every turbo imaginable and told me after some testing that the turbos checked out fine. he, amongst others, feels that it could be a timing issue/distributor issue not adjusted properly/vacuum problem/coil problem/improper detonation/bad plugs& wires/etc. i have had every one of these parts replaced with better upgraded ones from specialty auto. however, the engine may not be adjusted properly to work with the turbo kit. i don't know. do you know of anyone in the midwest (Minnesota) or near me who knows how to adjust what needs to be adjusted properly so that i can finally truly enjoy my delorean for the first time in four years. i certainly don't want to take them off the car, 130hp just isn't enough for me. i don't want to give up the car and buy a viper/z06/lotus/pantera/porsche just yet. they're certainly faster but i may be embarking on more problems with them as well, i don't know. that's why i'm asking for advice and some serious help as to this issue asap to enjoy this remarkable car like many other proud owners. if i have to drive my car to the person/shop and take a road trip i may just do so to fix this issue. let me know
 and thank you for your time with the return e-mail. god bless!
kris kurth
763-755-7475
minneapolis, mn
kkurth2675_at_dml_comcast.net

Date: Fri, 06 Aug 2004 07:25:39 -0000
From: "Joe OBrien" <joeyoseppijoe_at_dml_yahoo.com>
Subject: Is this the blue wonder towel???

As an avid detailing buff, I have been searching for the towel,

Is this it: http://www.bluewondercloth.com/index.html

Drop me a line if I'm close on this one.

Joe OBrien

2524 & 16634

Date: Fri, 06 Aug 2004 08:19:58 -0000
From: "therealdmcvegas" <dmcvegas_at_dml_cox.net>
Subject: Rebuilding a blow motor, continued.

>From when I last posted, I have since removed the intake manifold, and
have been shocked at what I found. The manifold rings had shrunk into
the heads, and the rings on W pipe were torn. And to fix the vacuum
leaks, some idiot mechanic slathered them with some kind of red
colored, instant gasket material. I suddenly foresee a CO addjustment
in my future... Aside from this, it looks like I've got some serious
buildup. From the air mixture unit, thru the manifold, and all the way
to the intake valves, I have this gold, and black colored crap that's
caked on everywhere. Don't know if it's carbon, or what. But it
scrapes off with a screwdriver, and is everywhere.

After performing a compression test, here are the results for each
cylinder. #1: 160psi, #2: 150psi, #3: 158psi, #4: 168psi, #5: 161psi,
& #6: 160psi.

Now cylinders 2 & 5 are both cross threaded. #5 took allot more
rotations to snuggly hand tighten the adaptor. #2 on the other hand,
took allot less. So I don't know nessisarily that I may have had lower
pressure than on this cylinder was because I wasn't sealing it
properly. BUT, what I did observe was that while every other cylinder
took only 2-3 compression strokes to attain thier recorded pressure,
it took about 5-6 strokes for #2 to hit 150 psi. I go ahead tomorrow,
and (per the test kit's instructions) pout a tablespoon of oil into
the cylinder, and see if I can get a higher reading, to test the
piston rings.

I don't know what the tolerances are for cylinder compression (I
lightly combed thru the workshop manual to try and find them), but I
am a bit concerned about that 18psi difference between my highest, and
lowest pressure cylinders. I have discovered a couple of tiny leaks
from some hose connections under the manifold, and one BIG one on the
left bank of the Y pipe, where it bolts to the block. So a coolant
pressure test isn't really going to tell me a whole lot at this point.
HOWEVER, after my car cooled, I poped the radiator cap. The coolant
bubbled a whole lot, and smelled like gasoline.

Also, while picking up a compression tester, I stubled across a
crossthread repair kit. It was $14, and contained a 14mm tap, and 4
sleeve inserts for repairing aluminum heads. Anyone have any
experience with these?

Date: Fri, 6 Aug 2004 07:29:21 -0700 (PDT)
From: Chris Shepherd <chrisau79_at_dml_yahoo.com>

Well, I am qualified and I agree with him. I've had mine for 10 years and have had NO turbo related problems. No blue smoke, unlike my previous normally aspirated one. The only problem I have ever had is with the high temp silicon hose coming off one of the turbos. this has happened twice and now has a new piece of hose. Oh, I have driven it around 35K since I bought it.
When you decide to sell the engine post it on the list, I may be interested.

Date: Fri, 06 Aug 2004 14:46:20 -0000
From: "cruznmd" <racuti1_at_dml_delorean.com>
Subject: Re: Is John Hervey - Special T Auto Rippin' Me Off?

We're only hearing one side of the story here, but if indeed events
have happened as you claim, this is a total aberration of the way
John normally works.

He is kind, courteous and thorough. He is a one-man-band though. He's
not a company with a staff or an admin assistant. He posts all sorts
of free technical information on his site to aid the owners and
reduce the amount of tech-assist phonecalls.

Frankly, I'd like to hear the other side of the story.

Rich A.

--- In dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com, "Rustproof" <Rustproof_at_dml_c...> wrote:
> John is of the highest caliber and you won't find a more decent guy
than
> him. If he's having a problem with your paperwork, do as he asks.
He's not

Date: Fri, 6 Aug 2004 07:56:55 -0700 (PDT)
From: Dick Ryan <deloreanbiker_at_dml_yahoo.com>

Marc

I've told you this before. Apparently you don't
believe me. I have had two cars equipped with the twin
turbos.  I put well over 100,000 miles on them after
the turbos were installed.  NEITHER car EVER had smoke
blow out of the crankcase.

Are turbos perfect.  Of course not.  There is no such
thing as a free lunch.

Dick Ryan
VIN 16867

http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail

Date: Fri, 6 Aug 2004 07:41:04 -0700 (PDT)
From: Marc Levy <malevy_nj_at_dml_yahoo.com>

Qualified, because you own one??  I own one too..  LOL

So, do me a favor..  Start the car up, and with the
engine running remove the "Oil Filler Assembly"
(102415) and see if you have pressure in the crank
case.  You can probably see it with your eyes, but you
can also use your hand to feel.  Please answer
honestly.

Also, where do you live?  I suspect altitude has a lot
to do with the reliability of the turbos.

I will let you know when I list the engine on Ebay.
Still not sure if I want to sell the whole engine, or
just the turbo kit..  BTW, why do you need a spare if
yours is so reliable?

Date: Fri, 6 Aug 2004 08:08:10 -0700 (PDT)
From: Chris Shepherd <chrisau79_at_dml_yahoo.com>

Have you replaced the distributor that was on the car with the turbos? Do you have the one you took off? That distributor should have been re-curved for the turbos when they were installed. Check your timing! With the properly re-curved distributor the timing at idle, 750-1000rpm, should be 10-12 degrees BTDC and when you rev it up it should go to 22-24 degrees.
My engine had a "ping" when the boost came on so I designed a pressure activated water injection system for it. No more "ping" and a very slight power increase.

Date: Fri, 06 Aug 2004 16:01:05 -0000
From: "ryanpwright" <yahoo1_at_dml_ryanwright.com>
Subject: Re: >snip< LED FESTOON BULBS!(A/C)

Which A/C console 3 bulbs? There are 7 total. Four whites and four
reds work great. But I don't think superbrightleds.com sells them.

You need ba7s bulbs. You can get them here:
http://autolumination.com/otherleds.htm

-Ryan

--- In dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com, John Podlewski <john_podlewski_at_dml_y...>
wrote:
> Anybody know what bulbs or model # to use in the A/C console 3
bulbs, from these guys?

> Shannon Yocom <ssdelorean_at_dml_y...> wrote:
> $10 ?
> That sounds like a jewler's mark up ;-)
>
> -Or-
> Eliminate the middle man and go here http://www.superbrightleds.com
to purchase
> your LED cravings! "4410 LED Festoon bulbs" with 9 LEDs crammed in
there only
> $2.49 each (Red or Amber) . But wait... THAT'S NOT ALL! For only and
additional
> $1.00 you can get Blue, for only $2.00 more you can get Green or
White, or for

Date: Fri, 06 Aug 2004 16:15:04 -0000
From: "ryanpwright" <yahoo1_at_dml_ryanwright.com>

I'm sorry, I completely botched this. I should have said four whites
and THREE reds. The four whites illuminate the console area, the three
reds take care of your "cooling fan fail", "rear defrost", and "lock
doors".

They look great, by the way.

-Ryan

Date: Fri, 6 Aug 2004 09:17:39 -0700 (PDT)
From: Dick Ryan <deloreanbiker_at_dml_yahoo.com>

Martin is quite correct when he states that newer
engines that were designed for turbos are quite
different than older engines that had turbos added.
That, in and of itself however, does not lead to a
"Q.E.D" that turbo kits are bad.

I'm pretty sure that if I used my turbos to drag at
every stop light - or, run at pressures in excess of,
say, 7lbs. I'd find that I would soon experience
engine problems.  But, living at 7000' and often
driving over mountain passes of 10,000' I find that
the turbos make up for the loss of HP due to altitude
and also make driving my D much more enjoyable.  I
look to them to provide me with a bit more mid-range
punch and they do that quite nicely.

One thing I do not understand is the constant refernce
to  turbos not being "odd-fire" friendly.  Man, have
you ever ridden in a Buick Grand National?  Now
there's a turbocharged odd-fire V-6 engine that
screams.  Though I'm certainly not an expert, the
owners I have known have not had bad things to say
about them.

Guys, this is a never ending debate.  Suffice that
many of us who have turbos do not have problems.
Apparently many do.  But, but I also read about all
the problems that normally aspirated DeLoreans seem to
have for some people. I've not experienced most of
them either.  Perhaps I'm just lucky - OR - perhaps
the extraordinary care I give to my car is the reason
it seems to be so trouble free.

Dick Ryan

http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail