From: <dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com>
To: <dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com>
Subject: [DML] Digest Number 2181
Date: Wednesday, August 18, 2004 3:50 AM

1. Re: Re: No Parking Lights
From: abatt10347_at_dml_aol.com

2. Re: Re: DeLorean 2?
From: "Mark" <mark_at_dml_meninblack.ca>

3. The search for a Delorean continues
From: Aaron Crocco <acrocco_at_dml_gmail.com>

4. Door Dings Due To Upgraded Window Motors
From: PRC1216_at_dml_aol.com

5. Re: I Hate To Throw Anything Away - Key
From: "d_rex_2002" <rich_at_dml_outernet-tech.net>

6. Re: Found the source of my idle problems
From: "Mike" <mike.bosworth_at_dml_btinternet.com>

7. auto trans pressure port spec?
From: Peter Lucas <lucas_at_dml_Maya.com>

8. Re: DeLorean 2?
From: "Dave Swingle" <swingle_at_dml_dmcnews.com>

9. San Diego DeLorean returns
From: "Cory" <mrdelorean88_at_dml_yahoo.com>

10. Re: Door Dings Due To Upgraded Window Motors
From: Soma576_at_dml_aol.com

11. Re: The search for a Delorean continues
From: "spaceace3113" <spaceace3113_at_dml_yahoo.com>

12. Re: Door Dings Due To Upgraded Window Motors
From: "Harold McElraft" <hmcelraft_at_dml_aol.com>

13. The Watches....
From: "spaceace3113" <spaceace3113_at_dml_yahoo.com>

14. Re: The Watches....
From: "Dave Swingle" <swingle_at_dml_dmcnews.com>

15. Re: Door Dings Due To Upgraded Window Motors
From: PRC1216_at_dml_aol.com

16. Re: The Watches....
From: "spaceace3113" <spaceace3113_at_dml_yahoo.com>

Message: 1
Date: Tue, 17 Aug 2004 17:01:05 EDT
From: abatt10347_at_dml_aol.com
Subject: Re: Re: No Parking Lights

I am sorry I missed the first post are these running lights or parking lights
out? If it is running lights, I had a problem a few years ago with mine. I
tried everything and finally found that the windshield washer bottle holder had
mud and road stuff up in it. This did not allow water to drain and it held
water up to the level of the washer pump. This caused a short, the same circuit
that controls the side running lights controls the washer motor, the dash
lights, etc..... I took it all part and drilled bigger holes in the bottom of the
washer bottle cover/holder and this took care of the extra water. No more
problems. If you check the old DML issues you should find a posting on this. Good
luck and I hope this helps.
Bruce Battles
Vin 06569
MTARNDO

Date: Tue, 17 Aug 2004 17:01:18 -0400
From: "Mark" <mark_at_dml_meninblack.ca>
Subject: Re: Re: DeLorean 2?

That's cool.... I'd never heard of that one before.

What happened to those who bought the watches, presumably with the intention
of being first in line to purchase one of the new cars?

Mark.

Date: Tue, 17 Aug 2004 17:02:50 -0400
From: Aaron Crocco <acrocco_at_dml_gmail.com>
Subject: The search for a Delorean continues

Hey everyone,

  A little over a month ago, I posted on here that I was ready to
begin my search for a Delorean.  After checking out some cars, the
search is still on.  I appreciate all the responses I received from
everyone.  I would like to put the word out again that I am still
looking for a car to call my own.  I had a lot of people asking me for
the type of car I'm looking for, so here's the run-down:

- Grey interior
- 5-speed
- Located somewhere in the Northeast region
- Nothing more than $20k (I'm being intentionally vague on this point)
- Condition does not have to be pristine but I want a mechanically
sound car.  I do not plan on letting this car collect dust, so it must
be driveable.  I am absolutely not interested in any restoration cars.
- Year doesn't matter, though I would like a lined hood.  That is FAR
from a deal-breaker though.

If anyone has any info to pass on, it would be greatly appreciated.
Feel free to reply to this post or to e-mail me at
acrocco(at)gmail(dot)com.  Thanks guys!!

-Aaron Crocco
NY Plate:  OUTATYM

Date: Tue, 17 Aug 2004 17:35:25 EDT
From: PRC1216_at_dml_aol.com
Subject: Door Dings Due To Upgraded Window Motors

I have a set of the upgraded window motors for my D, and as a result I have a
ding coming outward on each door.   I have tried bending the window motor
brackets and just about everything else, and I still cannot get it to the point
where there is no force being exerted outwards on the stainless.   The dings
are right below the rubstrip on each door.   Are there any ideas on how to fix
this?   At PF, Randal Brown suggested using a hacksaw to level it out and then
regrain it with a flap sander.   I am thinking of using a file to smooth it
down and then regrain it.   Does anyone else have this problem?   Any other
ideas on how to fix it?

Thanks,
Patrick

Date: Tue, 17 Aug 2004 21:45:50 -0000
From: "d_rex_2002" <rich_at_dml_outernet-tech.net>
Subject: Re: I Hate To Throw Anything Away - Key

Owner found?

I think I know the owner and the car you are making reference to.
He was at the PF Show with his Delorean, VIN...6605, 5 speed with
gray interior.  He lives in or near Green Bay, WI and I beleive he
has owned his car since 1990 (same as my garage queen).

Funny how I can remember all of those details but I cannot recall
his name at the moment.  The good news is that he did register in
advance for the PF Show, so Ken K. should have that information.
I called Ken already to look for his name when he gets home.

--- In dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com, "willytrash" <wlbayliss_at_dml_a...> wrote:
>     I just found something that might be of interest to you guys.
> was the original of a 1981 DMC. And I just found the key to the
car
> that I couldn't find when I sold it. I sold it to a guy who lived
in
> Green Bay WI. back in 1990(approx.),don't know who he is now. The
key
> has the key tag on it which reads #7361, it also has stamped on
key
> NSP? The car was a late model without the gas filler door on the
> hood. Also on the back bumper has the dealer name which was
Goldsmith

Date: Tue, 17 Aug 2004 22:01:03 -0000
From: "Mike" <mike.bosworth_at_dml_btinternet.com>
Subject: Re: Found the source of my idle problems

Yes funny ?....mine also was a short vacuum hose which had a split
in it.... fixed it my problem went away...........

mike

--- In dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com, "Matt Spittle" <supermatty_at_dml_p...>

Date: Tue, 17 Aug 2004 18:02:46 -0400
From: Peter Lucas <lucas_at_dml_Maya.com>
Subject: auto trans pressure port spec?

Does anybody happen to know the exact spec for the port on the
automatic transmission used to measure the line pressure? I am adding a
full-time transmission pressure sending unit and I need to know what
fitting to order. Thanks for any help.
--Pete Lucas

Date: Tue, 17 Aug 2004 23:51:05 -0000
From: "Dave Swingle" <swingle_at_dml_dmcnews.com>
Subject: Re: DeLorean 2?

They never actually collected money for the watches, it was just a
list. None were ever produced or sold.

Dave S

Date: Wed, 18 Aug 2004 00:10:41 -0000
From: "Cory" <mrdelorean88_at_dml_yahoo.com>
Subject: San Diego DeLorean returns

Greetings DML
 For those of you who remember, about a few months i had posted about
a DeLorean that i found in San Diego. Well, i recieved an email about
a week ago, from the owner of that car. She is an orginal owner,
bought the car new. It has been in her family for 14 years, though
the only DMC event that it has been to was about 10 years ago at the
Cincinnati show. So just thought i would let you guys know.
Thanx,
Cory C.

Date: Tue, 17 Aug 2004 20:19:07 EDT
From: Soma576_at_dml_aol.com
Subject: Re: Door Dings Due To Upgraded Window Motors

In a message dated 8/17/04 6:50:32 PM Central Daylight Time, PRC1216_at_dml_aol.com
writes:

> Does anyone else have this problem?   Any other
> ideas on how to fix it?

I have noticed that if you put the window down like 2 mm (still closed, just
not the very maximum height) the dimples disappear. a simple split-second-tap
on the switch will do the trick.  a temporary solution for car shows and the
like.

Date: Wed, 18 Aug 2004 00:25:50 -0000
From: "spaceace3113" <spaceace3113_at_dml_yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: The search for a Delorean continues

Aaron, I dont know if it was mentioned previously but if you are a
New Yorker the only place to go to is PJ Grady. There are a vast
number of cars on consignment there, ranging from fixer-uppers to
really nice vehicles, I would imagine that would be a veritable
jackpot, being able to see what is available from all sorts of price
ranges and condition. The majority of cars are also serviced by Rob,
so he can tell you what needs adressing. Really no other way to go.
Think about it, if you lived in the tri-state area and owned a
Delorean wouldnt you contract Rob if he knew of anyone looking for a
car, or wouldnt you try to sell through him??     Just my 2
cents....If you eventually buy one, there is going to come a time
when you need him....what better way to build a relationship (thats
really what it is)with the guy keeping your car going than with
something thats in it for him? Everybody's gotta eat. And trust me,
you are gonna need him at some point.   Good luck

Harry Vin #2696

Date: Wed, 18 Aug 2004 00:35:13 -0000
From: "Harold McElraft" <hmcelraft_at_dml_aol.com>

I had the same problem however I did catch it before both doors were
dented. I haven't tried to remove the dent yet so I'm watching your
thread for suggestions.

The new window motors are NOT plug-and-play, contrary to the
instructions. If you want a smooth properly functioning window you
are in for some tedious work. What frustrated me is, with proper
instructions and information, the job could have been a 2 hour deal
instead of a 12 hour deal. I bent, re-bent, adjusted, aligned, etc.
I also scratched the tint I had on the windows. And the last bit of
irritation, if you are not just right in the alignment, a rattle is
quite noticeable when the window is down (This was discovered after
the second reassembly - ugh).

One thing for sure, I now know why the original window motor
assemblies were flexible at the motor attachment. Flexible is MUCH
more forgiving with the alignment to the window. I nursed the old
motor assemblies along for nearly 20 years and finally had to do
something when the driver's door window went down and stayed there.
I also had to act because my widows are activated by electronic
window relays attached to my alarm that automatically close the
windows when I arm it. (Shameless pride - I know)

Harold McElraft - 3354

Date: Wed, 18 Aug 2004 00:39:50 -0000
From: "spaceace3113" <spaceace3113_at_dml_yahoo.com>
Subject: The Watches....

I hope enough time has passed so the moderators let this post
through but, how do you know what you know about the watches (Dave
S)?  And does anyone have any practical info about the car project?
are we all happy about letting this pass into oblivion without any
closure?

Date: Wed, 18 Aug 2004 00:51:00 -0000
From: "Dave Swingle" <swingle_at_dml_dmcnews.com>
Subject: Re: The Watches....

I know people who signed up, I know they paid nothing and that they
never received anything. As scams go it was pretty harmless.

As for the car company, it's pretty easy to figure out. Who would
loan the hundreds of millions that it would take, to someone with the
legal/business history/reputation (right or wrong is another issue
and is not relevant to the argument) of JZD? At his current age? Back
when this was a Big Deal we decided that this would be a restricted
thread of sorts until something concrete was published in the
mainline business or automotive press. Still hasn't happened......

I'm not sure what you are asking about being happy about it and
getting "closure". Like what?

I'm happy about the 23-year old DeLoreans that we all deal with and
are personally keeping from falling into oblivion.

Dave S (keeper of at least two of them...)

--- In dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com, "spaceace3113" <spaceace3113_at_dml_y...>

Date: Tue, 17 Aug 2004 21:02:23 EDT
From: PRC1216_at_dml_aol.com

I decided to be really smart and move the window motors forward a bit towards
the front of the door to prevent further dings...unfortunately it made
matters worse by making a terrble "bang bang bang" when using the windows.   I moved
everything back to normal, and am waiting for someone who has the miracle
answer.   Using a hacksaw to level the door out scares me...I can see myself
cutting a huge hole through my door.

Patrick

Date: Wed, 18 Aug 2004 01:09:55 -0000
From: "spaceace3113" <spaceace3113_at_dml_yahoo.com>

I was just hoping for some kind of info somewhere down the line from
someone in contact with the horses mouth postive or
negative...altough apparently it seems it was all just a pipedream
of sorts