From: <dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com>
To: <dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com>
Subject: [DML] Digest Number 2184
Date: Friday, August 20, 2004 3:27 AM

1. Re: Orlando Owner Seeking Help... Ahh!
From: "David Teitelbaum" <jtrealty_at_dml_webspan.net>

2. RE: Re: Orlando Owner Seeking Help... Ahh!
From: "Service" <service_at_dml_techno-concepts.com>

3. picture/drawing of full size window
From: Bob Brandys <BobB_at_dml_safety-epa.com>

4. Re: Alabama
From: deloreanss_at_dml_aol.com

5. Re: Big Thanks To Dave Sontos!
From: "ryanpwright" <yahoo1_at_dml_ryanwright.com>

6. What ever happened to the ZILLAS?
From: "spaceace3113" <spaceace3113_at_dml_yahoo.com>

7. VIN 961 up for sale on eBay
From: "argent486" <mmetzinger_at_dml_deloreanalley.org>

8. Part of the problem? (Ignition discovery)
From: "cruznmd" <racuti1_at_dml_delorean.com>

9. RE: Part of the problem? (Ignition discovery)
From: "Darkstarmedia" <darkstarmedia_at_dml_comcast.net>

10. Re: What ever happened to the ZILLAS?
From: tobyp_at_dml_katewwdb.com

Message: 1
Date: Thu, 19 Aug 2004 03:01:04 -0000
From: "David Teitelbaum" <jtrealty_at_dml_webspan.net>
Subject: Re: Orlando Owner Seeking Help... Ahh!

Does the starter solenoid click? Do you have an automatic? You might
have a problem with the starter interlock.

Date: Thu, 19 Aug 2004 00:00:55 -0400
From: "Service" <service_at_dml_techno-concepts.com>
Subject: RE: Re: Orlando Owner Seeking Help... Ahh!

Motox45,
Are you sure it's no the contacts on the starter relay,
I live in the Orlando area and I could give you a hand with the problem

Date: Thu, 19 Aug 2004 10:01:30 -0500
From: Bob Brandys <BobB_at_dml_safety-epa.com>
Subject: picture/drawing of full size window

I have upload a picture and drawing of the full size drivers window on
my D.
The link is below.  Don't know if it works.

Otherwise go the files section and look for the folder titled  "Window
Design"

BOB

http://f2.grp.yahoofs.com/v1/
YLIkQUiLkputyPd5V7CxhT5aOyJmlDQaEpQNfauJLUcjlekmpapO5TwrHTfywhCoJcRZlbIe
_s1BiinuCPykcTCDwRiD/WindowDesign%20TMO.jpg

Date: Thu, 19 Aug 2004 11:44:18 EDT
From: deloreanss_at_dml_aol.com
Subject: Re: Alabama

According to the DeLorean Owners Directory there are eleven owners in
Alabama. One is in Birmingham.

John Weaver
MidSouth DMC
RED DMC 10527

Date: Thu, 19 Aug 2004 17:52:15 -0000
From: "ryanpwright" <yahoo1_at_dml_ryanwright.com>
Subject: Re: Big Thanks To Dave Sontos!

Michael,

I didn't find the pictures and even if I did I'm not an expert on
DeLorean rust, but I wanted to share my sympathy for you. I can only
imagine how upset you must be at this.

Where are you located? Is there any chance a team of
DeLorean-knowledgable folks could be setup to help you perform this
job? Maybe someone with a shop could donate some space or give you a
cut rate price for a week while a team of people did the work. If you
were near me, I would certainly volunteer my time to get it done for
you. Not that I know how to do this job, but I'm an OK mechanic and
can follow orders if someone else knows what he's doing.

I hate to see a DeLorean go to waste and even worse, I hate to see you
lose the dream.

You might try contacting the various vendors to see what a used frame
would cost by itself, and then what they'd charge for the whole job. I
bet you're looking at $5,000 - $10,000 to have someone do it. With a
team of volunteers you might be able to pull it off for a couple
thousand - essentially the cost of the frame and misc parts.

-Ryan

--- In dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com, "Michael & Denise" <luckeys71_at_dml_c...> wrote:
> Hi gang,
>     I wanted to post a big thanks to Dave Sontos for helping me with
my slave cylinder problem.  After wrestling with it for 2 days we
managed to get it removed which wouldn't have been possible without
his knowledge and expertise in assisting a novice such as myself!
Most folks might think that 2 days seems like a while to do the job
but we were raging a constant battle with rusted components on my car.
 This brings me to another purpose of this post-what should I do with
this vehicle?  As Dave can attest to the frame has some major trouble
and will need to be replaced.  I've uploaded some pictures of the
underside of the body (files 1-7 DeLorean.jpg) and frame by the
trailing arms and transmission to get some opinions from the experts
of the group.  I personally do not have the knowledge, tools, or space
to attempt a frame replacement and I don't know if I could financially
afford to pay someone else to do it since I honestly do not know what
it would cost.  I'm certainly at a crossroads here since I'm sitting
at about $12000-$13000 current investment in the car and would take a
big loss if sold as is.  If a frame replacement is too costly I would
have very few options other than to sell or part out the car which is
very depressing.  I always wanted a DeLorean and bought this car for
fun but I fear that the dream may be over for me.  Perhaps the biggest
irony of all is that even though the frame is shot the car runs strong
as my trip home from Columbus, OH. after purchasing it can validate.
As I told Dave today it certainly is "Caveat Emptor" when dealing with
a car 23 years old and in my excitement to own one I totally looked at
the wrong areas of the car to judge its' condition.  Any opinions,
ideas, or even insults would be valued by me as I try and decide what
to do with my current situation.
> Thanks again to Dave for taking 2 summer days to work with me on my
rusted up car-he truly got to see how the other half lives when
dealing with these vehicles!

Date: Fri, 20 Aug 2004 03:24:17 -0000
From: "spaceace3113" <spaceace3113_at_dml_yahoo.com>
Subject: What ever happened to the ZILLAS?

Isnt it kind of odd that we havent heard anything from Bob Zilla in
a long long while?? Door launchers and all those other super high
tech mods.....what gives? really wanting those launchers

Date: Fri, 20 Aug 2004 04:53:02 -0000
From: "argent486" <mmetzinger_at_dml_deloreanalley.org>
Subject: VIN 961 up for sale on eBay

Due to low response from my earlier postings my car is now up for
sale on eBay as item number: 2487631042. I've dropped the
starting price to $13,500 and Buy It Now price is set at
$15,000.

Thank you to all those that have given me support the past couple of
years on my car and its restoration. May it find a good home.

Matt Metzinger
Arkansas City, KS
VIN 961 - KS Tag: TIMELES

Date: Thu, 19 Aug 2004 23:12:22 -0000
From: "cruznmd" <racuti1_at_dml_delorean.com>
Subject: Part of the problem? (Ignition discovery)

My super-whamo-dyne, new ignition components arrived today. Just to
prep, I figured I'd break a few spark plugs loose and inspect them.
Bill and some other folks recommended this.

What I found was quite strange to me. The plugs looked exactly as I'd
expected, yellow-ish insulator with sooty, rich, black carbon on
everything except the tip of the electrode from un-burned fuel caused
by ignition mis-fire. They looked perfectly normal except the soot.

The exception? A perfect groove had been deeply burned into the
electrode of every single plug. (Not the hook part, the "male" part)
I know some plugs are "split-fire" with split electrodes but I did
NOT buy those. The groove is very deep on some of the plugs, almost
down to the insulator and not always cut -precisely- in the center.

Is this caused by an over-voltage condition at the ignition coil? I
did foolishly purchase plugs 1 heat range higher than OEM. They are
NGK TRW-5's.

I bought Bosch plugs of the proper heat range and quality wires this
time. I also bought a new rotor and I'm glad. If the plugs look like
that, I wonder what remains of the 5k Ohm resistor in the rotor.

If anyone needs me, I'll be writing 100 times on my kids'
chalkboard: "I do not know more than automotive engineers".

Rich A.

Date: Thu, 19 Aug 2004 22:41:42 -0700
From: "Darkstarmedia" <darkstarmedia_at_dml_comcast.net>
Subject: RE: Part of the problem? (Ignition discovery)

those are ngk V-power plugs, the notch is normal and is there when new.  as
they wear the notch can move a little bit.

Darkstar

Date: Fri, 20 Aug 2004 05:48:42 -0000
From: tobyp_at_dml_katewwdb.com
Subject: Re: What ever happened to the ZILLAS?

Why wait for the Zilla's?  All you have to do is search for "Wings-A-
Loft" on our website.  Available right now, with many happy
customers and a 15 year track record of reliability.  And now, we
offer different versions of the sytem with various features, such as
alarms, remote start (coming very soon in the Elite model), remote
trunk release (components backordered - should be in today or
tomorrow at our suppliers), remote window controls, etc.  Best of
all, you can't beat the price!  (Just a thought!)

Toby Peterson  VIN 2248 "Winged1" with 'bells and whistles'
DeLorean Parts Northwest, LLC
www.delorean-parts.com

--- In dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com, "spaceace3113" <spaceace3113_at_dml_y...>