From: <dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com>
To: <dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com>
Subject: [DML] Digest Number 2186
Date: Saturday, August 21, 2004 3:22 AM

1. Re: Re: Re-Post Dye
From: Chris Shepherd <chrisau79_at_dml_yahoo.com>

2. Re: Charging Problem.......Help :)
From: "Tom Porter" <treehouse2000us_at_dml_yahoo.com>

Message: 1
Date: Fri, 20 Aug 2004 20:06:40 -0700 (PDT)
From: Chris Shepherd <chrisau79_at_dml_yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: Re: Re-Post Dye

I got it at Oregon Leather. Probably for sale at a leather specialty store in your area.

David Teitelbaum <jtrealty_at_dml_webspan.net> wrote:
Is Nu-Life for the leather or the vinyl? Where can I buy it? For the
vinyl I am using Plasitcote 408 Charchol Grey. I can get it in Pep
Boys but again, it can only be used on the vinyl. It is giving me
great results, I just wonder how it will be long-term.

Date: Sat, 21 Aug 2004 03:17:37 -0000
From: "Tom Porter" <treehouse2000us_at_dml_yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: Charging Problem.......Help :)

Not an expert on DeLoreans by any means, but jump starting any car
does infact ruin computers, such as the idle computer on a DeLorean,
or the automatic computer governer for the auto tranny equipped
cars.  These spikes fry the contacts, and create stresses in the
silicon which eventualy destroys contact, and makes them useless.
But then again, were talking about 20 year old technology, combined
with 20 years or so of wear and tear.  A long time suggestion on the
list has been to slowly recharge the battery (or replace with a fresh
one) if "at all possible."  Replacing computers becomes expensive if
they are frying due to spikes, the DeLorean is already plagued with a
bad electrical system (stock wise), we dont need to make it any worse
than it already is.

This applies to DeLoreans and all modern cars with computers.  I dont
think it would hurt say a 66' Mustang with no computer system, but
then again I might be wrong.... just dont jumpstart cars if at all
possible.

Tom Porter
Maine, USA