From: <dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com>
To: <dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com>
Subject: [DML] Digest Number 2195
Date: Thursday, August 26, 2004 3:47 AM

1. Re: Engine temp gauge not working
From: "David Teitelbaum" <jtrealty_at_dml_webspan.net>

2. Re: car covers
From: "David Teitelbaum" <jtrealty_at_dml_webspan.net>

3. Re: Engine temp gauge not working
From: "Matt Spittle" <supermatty_at_dml_psu.edu>

4. RE: Re: Rear Bumper Lettering
From: "Video Bob" <videobob_at_dml_hotmail.com>

5. Re: Coolant System Flushing..........?
From: "Dave Swingle" <swingle_at_dml_dmcnews.com>

6. Re: Door Seals (was Door and window alignment)
From: "ryanpwright" <yahoo1_at_dml_ryanwright.com>

7. Update on my sputter
From: Enid/Jeremiah <hispanicangeleyes_at_dml_yahoo.com>

Message: 1
Date: Wed, 25 Aug 2004 14:58:41 -0000
From: "David Teitelbaum" <jtrealty_at_dml_webspan.net>
Subject: Re: Engine temp gauge not working

The sender unit by the oil filter is for the oil pressure gauge. The
sender unit for the temp gauge is on the front of the right side
cylinder head. The sender unit for the oil pressure light is on the
left side of the motor towards the rear. To test the temp gauge, with
the key on, MOMEMTARALY ground the wire going to the sender. Don't
keep it grounded or you will burn out the gauge. It should peg all the
way to hot it if the gauge is working. If it does "peg" then either
you are not making a good connection on the sender or the sender is
bad. The sender doesn't fail often so I figure you really don't have a

Date: Wed, 25 Aug 2004 15:17:06 -0000
From: "David Teitelbaum" <jtrealty_at_dml_webspan.net>
Subject: Re: car covers

James didn't mention it but the "best" cover IMHO is the Carcoon or
other products like it. James may be too modest to mention it but DMC
Houston sells the Carcoon and is the exclusive distributer. Go over to
their website and look it over. It is not much harder than an ordinary
cover to put on but it gives a lot more protection. It is a lot more
expensive than a run-of-the-mill cover. It will protect your car from
weather, falling objects, curious people, etc. In any case do not use
a cover beyond it's intended use, that is, never use an indoor cover
outside. It won't last and it will not protect the car.

--- In dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com, "James Espey" <james_at_dml_u...> wrote:
> No offense, Bill, but how is buying a car cover from a company that
Dave at
> one time was a distributor for keeping it "in the family"? Maybe I
mis-read
> your message...
>
> All the big three vendors carry fitted car covers in various materials
> (indoor, outdoor, cotton, waterproof, etc) - and they can all supply you
> with a Carcoon as well. Only when someone buys from the within the
industry
> is it really keeping the money where it will most benefit the future
of the
> marque.
>
> James Espey
> http://www.delorean.com

[long quote trimmed by moderator]

Date: Wed, 25 Aug 2004 15:20:28 -0000
From: "Matt Spittle" <supermatty_at_dml_psu.edu>

Wow :)  I had no idea the oil pressure sender had any connection to
the engine temp sender ;) LOL

Date: Wed, 25 Aug 2004 12:45:16 -0500
From: "Video Bob" <videobob_at_dml_hotmail.com>
Subject: RE: Re: Rear Bumper Lettering

If you want another solution,
I have vinyl letter kits that look just as good and only cost $12.95 and I
can custom
make them in any color.
The silver I have matches the color of the fascia and the white stands out a
lot.
If you can't find what your looking for somewhere else check out
http://www.dfwdmc.com
We can always make you what you need, and then price is cheap enough to try
it out
and see if you like it.
If you change your mind later you can always peel them off without any
damage
or residue at all.
- VB
VIN#5278

>From: "Mike" <mike.bosworth_at_dml_btinternet.com>
>To: dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com
>Subject: [DML] Re: Rear Bumper Lettering
>Date: Wed, 25 Aug 2004 08:46:15 -0000
>
>....cant seem to see any listed on their web site??....any other help
>appreciated! :)

[very long quote trimmed by moderator]

Date: Wed, 25 Aug 2004 18:24:18 -0000
From: "Dave Swingle" <swingle_at_dml_dmcnews.com>
Subject: Re: Coolant System Flushing..........?

http://www.dmcnews.com/Techsection/cooling.htm

Date: Wed, 25 Aug 2004 18:28:08 -0000
From: "ryanpwright" <yahoo1_at_dml_ryanwright.com>
Subject: Re: Door Seals (was Door and window alignment)

John,

Yeah, I'd like their number -- please send it to me! My seals are
pretty well shot.

Also, can you (or someone else on the list?) post some detailed
instructions on how to change the seals? What to use to glue them back
down, how to get at the inner seals, etc. I could use some advice on
taking the top roof apart to get at this stuff.

Thank you,

-Ryan

--- In dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com, John Podlewski <john_podlewski_at_dml_y...>
wrote:
> Did someone say Door seals, if your looking for brand new seals.  An
inexpensive alternative to new seals try Heninger and Associates
_at_dml_aol.com(e-mail only).  They were at the show in Tenn. and I do
understand they will have a web site coming out soon.
> For $140 you can purchase both sets of outer door seals-very high
quality, $70 bucks a pair, very reasonable.
> Or $120 for the set of inners-that does both doors.
> Just installed them last week no complaints.
> Looks great and works even better!
> One difference than stock, the outers are flatter than the originals
which a PLUS, no ridges for those of you that have problems closing
the doors all the way,  i.e does not get caught up on the body.

Date: Wed, 25 Aug 2004 12:08:41 -0700 (PDT)
From: Enid/Jeremiah <hispanicangeleyes_at_dml_yahoo.com>
Subject: Update on my sputter

Hey everyone,

Thank you for everyone's ideas and repsonses.  I
wanted to give everyone an update on my situation.  I
was thinking yesterday, and I remembered that this
problem has happened before, but no where near this
often.  When it did happen, I enriched the car very
very slightly.  I opted to try this again, so I
enriched the car a little under 1/4 a turn.  So far (2
days now), the symptom has disappeared.  I have let
the car get to the point of the cooling fans come on
and turn off multiple times, sat in all different
gears, drives extremely slowly and extremely fast -
and have not felt nor sensed the symptom yet.  What
does everyone think about this?  Was this a proper
thing to do?  Can this damage anything serious (if
spark plugs go black, I know I'll have enriched too
far)?  What's everyone's thoughts on this?  I'm still
checking everything that everyone has sent me as a
suggest; I don't by any means mean to shrug off
anyone's ideas or ignore anyone's suggestions.

Jeremiah