From: <dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com>
To: <dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com>
Subject: [DML] Digest Number 2200
Date: Sunday, August 29, 2004 3:27 AM

From: "austinbrumley" <austinbrumley_at_dml_delorean.com>

From: "Joseph Kuchan" <josephkuchan_at_dml_hotmail.com>

From: abatt10347_at_dml_aol.com

From: "austinbrumley" <austinbrumley_at_dml_delorean.com>

From: "Robert Moseley" <videobob_at_dml_hotmail.com>

From: "David Teitelbaum" <jtrealty_at_dml_webspan.net>

From: Martin Gutkowski <martin_at_dml_delorean.co.uk>

From: kevin creason <kcreason77_at_dml_yahoo.com>

9. Re: Rear Bumper Lettering
From: kevin creason <kcreason77_at_dml_yahoo.com>

10. vacuum solenoid wire colors?
From: "Matt Spittle" <supermatty_at_dml_psu.edu>

11. NJ DMC for sale?
From: "Kevin Abato" <delorean_at_dml_abato.net>

12. Turn Signals not working.
From: "austinbrumley" <austinbrumley_at_dml_delorean.com>

13. Delorean Mid-Atlantic "Design Out Logo" Contest! (You can win an easy $100!!!)
From: Kevin Abato <delorean_at_dml_abato.net>

14. Re: Window Replacement
From: DMCVIN6683 <dmcvin6683_at_dml_wi.rr.com>

15. Re: Turn Signals not working.
From: John Podlewski <john_podlewski_at_dml_yahoo.com>

16. need pics of shift boot please
From: kevin creason <kcreason77_at_dml_yahoo.com>

Message: 1
Date: Fri, 27 Aug 2004 20:19:20 -0000
From: "austinbrumley" <austinbrumley_at_dml_delorean.com>
Subject: Arkansas Delorean

Be careful, I purchased my D in May and the owner told me it needed a
head gasket i've got over $17k in so far and i still have not tackled
some rust on the frame. My advise don't by a car that seems to good
to be true go spend $16-$20 k for one that is done properly. In the
long run you will have that much invested anyway.

AUstin

Date: Fri, 27 Aug 2004 15:35:57 -0500
From: "Joseph Kuchan" <josephkuchan_at_dml_hotmail.com>
Subject: RE: Re: Arkansas Delorean

Sounds like that scene from "Ghostbusters" when Ray Stantz shows up with a
decrepit ambulance that he over paid for! ;)

Date: Fri, 27 Aug 2004 16:40:28 EDT
From: abatt10347_at_dml_aol.com

Cain,
That was one of the best write ups of a car for sale that I have read in a
long time. It is great to see someone that took the time to inspect a D in
detail. I haven't seen the car (AR Delorean) but from what you have stated I agree
it sounds like a lot of investment time and dollars.
I only wish more people would take the time and effect to research the
Delorean BEFORE buying one. A lot of the bad rap the car has gotten over the years
is from 20+ year old technology that has not been updated or has not be
maintained.  Anyway thanks for the great read. By the way next time I go looking to
add another set of wheels to my driveway, want to come along and advise?
Bruce Battles
 Vin# 06569
MTRNDO

Date: Fri, 27 Aug 2004 20:45:09 -0000
From: "austinbrumley" <austinbrumley_at_dml_delorean.com>
Subject: Room 501

Whatever happened to that movie room 501? It was suppose to be
something about the arrest of JZD i think?

Date: Sat, 28 Aug 2004 00:41:13 -0000
From: "Robert Moseley" <videobob_at_dml_hotmail.com>
Subject: SIDE STRIPES

I finally got some photos of my new side stripes,
I have sold a few sets to rave review.
One of my first customers wrote me a letter today to tell me
how impressed they were by them.
Everyone has had good comments about them.
When I installed them I was surprised at how thick they are.
They are a wonderful accent to the car and I am glad I did them!

Check out the photos here:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2488251201

- Videobob
VIN#5278

Date: Sat, 28 Aug 2004 02:30:54 -0000
From: "David Teitelbaum" <jtrealty_at_dml_webspan.net>
Subject: Wayne Cruise Night

Who was the Delorean owner at the Wayne Cruise night this week in New
Jersey? I have had several people tell me they saw me there but it
wasn't me!

Date: Fri, 27 Aug 2004 20:39:59 +0100
From: Martin Gutkowski <martin_at_dml_delorean.co.uk>
Subject: Re: Re: Disabling/Reactivating CIS

The trouble with setting the engine up to run on the air flowing through
the brass screws is that is will work fine under those conditions.
Cold-start, and colder weather in general will result in poor idle or
stalling, and hotter weather will result in a high idle.

BUT, I agree, knowing how its done means you can get home, but I don't
suggest it as a permanent measure. It's also useful for adjusting for
the zero point of the idlespeed motor, which all seem to be different.

The auxiliary air valve was not fitted to cars with electric cooling fans.

Martin

Date: Fri, 27 Aug 2004 19:50:49 -0700 (PDT)
From: kevin creason <kcreason77_at_dml_yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: Window Replacement

Easy task:
http://texascreasons.homedns.org/kevin/delorean/howto/window_track.html

Date: Fri, 27 Aug 2004 19:53:11 -0700 (PDT)
From: kevin creason <kcreason77_at_dml_yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: Rear Bumper Lettering

Beautiful!
I've thought about that, but my efforts with my router
and plexi have been way less than beautiful so I won't
attempt it.

Mark... you've got to share some details here! Even if
you want to sell, you'll still sell 'em.

http://www.geocities.com/malevy_nj/bumper/Nightime.jpg

Date: Sat, 28 Aug 2004 08:13:47 -0000
From: "Matt Spittle" <supermatty_at_dml_psu.edu>
Subject: vacuum solenoid wire colors?

Feel a little stupid asking this, since I have the wiring diagram
infront of me, but what color wires go to the vacuum solenoid, and
in which order (looking top down at it)?

thanks,

Date: Sat, 28 Aug 2004 08:44:46 -0400
From: "Kevin Abato" <delorean_at_dml_abato.net>
Subject: NJ DMC for sale?

There is a Delorean For sale in Denville, NJ on Rt.53

The owner is asking $22,500 for it.  I have not seen the car in person,
but my brother said it looks like it is in great shape.

Does anyone here know who's car it is?

Kevin Abato
Vin# 16680

Date: Sat, 28 Aug 2004 14:55:55 -0000
From: "austinbrumley" <austinbrumley_at_dml_delorean.com>
Subject: Turn Signals not working.

A few days ago i posted a msg abou this problem, someone on the list
told me to check my hazard light swith. It turns out the swith had a
wire come out of it so i reconected it and the swith now lights up
and for a few minutes my flashers worked, but my turn signal never
did. now the flashers stoped working but the switch still lights up?
Any ideas are greatly appreciated.

Austin.

Date: Sat, 28 Aug 2004 08:15:46 -0400
From: Kevin Abato <delorean_at_dml_abato.net>
Subject: Delorean Mid-Atlantic "Design Out Logo" Contest! (You can win an easy $100!!!)

Bust out your Crayons, Paint, Pen and paper because Delorean
Mid-Atlantic is proud to announce our new contest: "Design our Logo"!
The DMA is looking for a unique logo to use on our web site, shirts,
etc. We decided to make this into a fun contest for everyone to enjoy,
and the winner will receive a gift certificate to P.J. Grady! You don't
need to have any kind of graphic design talent, just some imagination
and the will to put it on paper.
For more information, check out web site at:
http://www.deloreanmidatlantic.com/updates/updates.htm
Hurry!  This contest is only open for a limited time!!!!!!

Date: Sat, 28 Aug 2004 11:56:46 -0500
From: DMCVIN6683 <dmcvin6683_at_dml_wi.rr.com>

The picture links are not working!

Mark V

Date: Sat, 28 Aug 2004 10:44:40 -0700 (PDT)
From: John Podlewski <john_podlewski_at_dml_yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: Turn Signals not working.

Check the black plastic plug back behind the coil, I believe the one of the turn signals' is a green/red wire(lower right on the plug).  Also be sure to check wiring for the car (i.e use a tester) and retrace from the plug back then you can isolate the problem.  You can check the connection, that was my problem!  If it  lights up on dash but actual turn signal is not lit then that may be something to look at.
Hope it helps?

Date: Sat, 28 Aug 2004 11:26:11 -0700 (PDT)
From: kevin creason <kcreason77_at_dml_yahoo.com>
Subject: need pics of shift boot please

Whoops.
I'm attempting to fix my 5-speeds plastic shift-boot
bracket instead of buying DMCH's nice new metal
bracket one. I know... stupid waste of time, except
that I have a nice hand-made boot in Italian leather.
I need a few pics, like showing how the original wraps
around the bracket and how it connects to the
console-plate. Does it come down on the smooth side of
the bracket and wrap around the edges to the tabs, and
subsequently snap into the console from above? This
one seems logical.
Or does it come down on the tab side of the bracket
and feed up into the console hole, snapping into the
console from beneath?

Thanks- and I appreciate the help. I'll post pictures
and info about the manufacturer when I get it all
reassembled.

Thanks!
Kevin