From: <dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com>
To: <dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com>
Subject: [DML] Digest Number 2203
Date: Tuesday, August 31, 2004 3:42 AM

1. Re: Water pump replacement
From: "content22207" <brobertson_at_dml_carolina.net>

2. RE: Re: SIDE STRIPES
From: service_at_dml_techno-concepts.com

3. Re: Water pump replacement
From: "Dave Swingle" <swingle_at_dml_dmcnews.com>

4. Next Weekend
From: deloreanss_at_dml_aol.com

5. Re: Changing Oil
From: kevin creason <kcreason77_at_dml_yahoo.com>

6. shift boot and e-brake boot vendor
From: kevin creason <kcreason77_at_dml_yahoo.com>

7. RE: Delorean Mid-Atlantic "Design Out Logo" Contest! (You can win an easy $100!!!)
From: "Kevin Abato" <delorean_at_dml_abato.net>

8. Re: Changing Oil
From: Chris Shepherd <chrisau79_at_dml_yahoo.com>

9. Re: 4th Angle Drive
From: "Harold McElraft" <hmcelraft_at_dml_aol.com>

Message: 1
Date: Mon, 30 Aug 2004 20:32:47 -0000
From: "content22207" <brobertson_at_dml_carolina.net>
Subject: Re: Water pump replacement

DeLo vendors are indeed foolproof, but you pay significantly for the
privilege.

- Going rate on eBay is $40 ("H20pumpman" has one up there all the time).
- They can be had as low as $10-$15, which is where I pick them up
- Even parts house cost is less than $100.

I see no reason why a person with rudimentary auto repair skills can't
use a pump from any source (pumps not yet drilled & tapped for the
thermal time switch come with a dimple cast into mounting pad).

Date: Mon, 30 Aug 2004 17:51:38 -0400
From: service_at_dml_techno-concepts.com
Subject: RE: Re: SIDE STRIPES

Alot of people have asked me to send them information on the colored side
stripes
My local sign shop misplaced the file with the dimensions
They have already made a couple of sets for some people
We are about to remake the file again
They can be done in almost any color or texture at your local sign shop

...and with permission from Houston, you could reproduce the logo
exactly the same way with the gray backing

As soon as I have the file, I will send it to anybody free of charge
so they can have it done.

See Pictures under "Side Stripe factory original" on the DML

I have these on the car for over a year with no fading or bubbling

Date: Mon, 30 Aug 2004 22:34:31 -0000
From: "Dave Swingle" <swingle_at_dml_dmcnews.com>

Not everyone on the list is a good amateur machinist. Or even a bad
one.

Considering that a Volvo place will probably charge $700 for this job
AND screw up your car, the ability to single-source the parts,
get "free" advice, and do it yourself is probably worth it to a
significant portion of the group, and they will still save money.

To many people the ability to open the box and put the thing on vs.
spending all day driving around, drilling and tapping, and then
coming up short some obscure gasket on a Saturday evening, is worth
it. The difference between a $30 pump and a $130 pump could easily be
more than $100 of someone's time. It depends on what you mean my
significant.

I have done it the "parts store way" and will probably do it that way
in the future, but I also realize that quite a few of the folks out
there don't have the time or skills (or patience!) to go that route.

Dave S.

Date: Mon, 30 Aug 2004 19:26:05 EDT
From: deloreanss_at_dml_aol.com
Subject: Next Weekend

Hey all in the Southeast, it's only 12 days until the first MidSouth DeLorean
Motor Club meet at Tapoco Lodge. If you haven't heard about it, we're driving
the Dragon, of course, and then Sunday morning we're driving a new venue, the
Cherohala Skyway. The lodge we are staying at is conveniently located between
the two, really a get away. If you are looking for something to do with your
DeLorean, we encourage you to join us. If you can't make the Saturday trip,
you are welcome to meet up with us at the lodge Sunday morning. In all
likelyhood, we won't leave the lodge until between 9-10 am. Email me offlist for
directions.

Also, if you are a MSDMC member (and if not, you should be, www.msdmc.com)
don't forget that we have a discussion board. Log on and talk about the upcoming
events. Only about six weeks until Eurofest!

John Weaver
MSDMC
RED DMC 10527

Date: Mon, 30 Aug 2004 16:29:30 -0700 (PDT)
From: kevin creason <kcreason77_at_dml_yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: Changing Oil

Hmmm. You're in Australia, right? Maybe it has to do
with the different direction your liquids spiral. ;-)

Just kidding. The coriolis effect doesn't change drain
patterns.

Actually, my screen is partially broken, so maybe I'm
not a good test, but I've never had a problem. I just
upend the bottle and let it blop out as fast as it can
suck in the replacement air.

http://promotions.yahoo.com/goldrush

Date: Mon, 30 Aug 2004 16:43:52 -0700 (PDT)
From: kevin creason <kcreason77_at_dml_yahoo.com>
Subject: shift boot and e-brake boot vendor

Yes, I stated that I was maybe being silly for reusing
the plastic frame.
But I like what I got, and I know that there are list
members out there who want something besides black on
their shift boot, and who would like to dress up the
e-brake lever!
So check it out:
http://www.redlinegoods.com/Deloreanproduct.shtm

For those of you who keep lists of DeLo "friendly"
vendors, here's a new one to add to your list.

I used the charcoal leather and the titanium color
stitching and it looks very good. Sure, it's YASOG
(yet another shade of gray) in the D, but it blends
and looks pretty good. Ah, you lucky black-interior
bastards.

I'll need to get a better adhesive (Mr. 3M, which one
should I use?) and do it again, but it's a good proof
of concept.

The leather is very nice and thick, and smells, ah, so
good!

Date: Mon, 30 Aug 2004 21:20:56 -0400
From: "Kevin Abato" <delorean_at_dml_abato.net>
Subject: RE: Delorean Mid-Atlantic "Design Out Logo" Contest! (You can win an easy $100!!!)

Wow!  Only a few days into the contest, and we have already had several
submissions!

If you have not checked the rules out, please do so via
http://www.deloreanmidatlantic.com/updates/updates.htm

After the cutoff date, a web page will be posted with all entries for
the officers to judge, and everyone else to review.

Good luck!

Date: Mon, 30 Aug 2004 18:55:44 -0700 (PDT)
From: Chris Shepherd <chrisau79_at_dml_yahoo.com>

Rumors of my expatriation are greatly exaggerated!  I'm in Oregon! ~grin~

Chris

kevin creason <kcreason77_at_dml_yahoo.com> wrote:
Hmmm. You're in Australia, right? Maybe it has to do
with the different direction your liquids spiral. ;-)

Just kidding. The coriolis effect doesn't change drain
patterns.

Actually, my screen is partially broken, so maybe I'm
not a good test, but I've never had a problem. I just
upend the bottle and let it blop out as fast as it can
suck in the replacement air.

[moderator snip]

Date: Tue, 31 Aug 2004 01:57:11 -0000
From: "Harold McElraft" <hmcelraft_at_dml_aol.com>
Subject: Re: 4th Angle Drive

Have you pulled the cables out of the housing and examined the
cables for damage and lubrication? Do they spin freely both
directions. There has to be some serious drag to destroy an angle
drive. It should be easy to find. How does it work when it is off
the ground and you spin the wheel by hand?

Harold McElraft - 3354

--- In dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com, "Robert Moseley" <videobob_at_dml_h...>