From: <dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com>
To: <dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com>
Subject: [DML] Digest Number 2207
Date: Thursday, September 02, 2004 4:31 AM

1. Re: Next Weekend
From: deloreanss_at_dml_aol.com

2. Re: Fascia paint
From: "Dave Swingle" <swingle_at_dml_dmcnews.com>

3. Car won't start -update
From: "eremhcel" <dmcfive0_at_dml_aol.com>

4. Re: Light Silver Fascias
From: "content22207" <brobertson_at_dml_carolina.net>

5. Re: Funny Fascias
From: "Dani B" <5n-_at_dml_gmx.net>

Message: 1
Date: Wed, 1 Sep 2004 20:17:51 EDT
From: deloreanss_at_dml_aol.com
Subject: Re: Next Weekend

Doc, all the directions are on the webpage www.msdmc.com, but the dragon
event is located in Robinsville, North Carolina. Eurofest is located at the BMW
Plant in Greenville, South Carolina. Quite a drive for you, but you are most
welcome to come.

John Weaver
MSDMC
RED DMC 10527

Date: Thu, 02 Sep 2004 01:02:32 -0000
From: "Dave Swingle" <swingle_at_dml_dmcnews.com>
Subject: Re: Fascia paint

I've put a photo of #2499 with the light color facia in the photos
section for a short while. Josh is right - in the right light it
looks almost white against the stainless, in other light it looks
almost stock.

Dave S

PS - this car will likely be for sale in the spring  - black interior gas-flap automatic, 100% stock and original. At least until I fix a couple of things.

--- In dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com, Josh Haldeman <jhaldeman_at_dml_f...> wrote:
> Speaking of fascia painting...My theory on the original color
selection
> is that it closely resembles the interior color of the gray cars.
Since

Date: Thu, 02 Sep 2004 01:33:07 -0000
From: "eremhcel" <dmcfive0_at_dml_aol.com>
Subject: Car won't start -update

Thanks for the help and suggestions. I tried to start the car after
leaving it on the charger overnight but it still will only start for
a second then stall. I took my battery to PepBoys for them to check
it and it was still good. While I was there I decided to pickup some
starting fluid. I sprayed some in and the car would start and I was
able to keep it running for about 5-10 seconds. I'm going to check
the spark plugs tomorrow as suggested by David and John. Thanks to
Bill for pointing me to the initial mixture screw setting I'm going
to check out that as well. Thanks for all the help and suggestions.

Date: Thu, 02 Sep 2004 02:10:13 -0000
From: "content22207" <brobertson_at_dml_carolina.net>
Subject: Re: Light Silver Fascias

First prototype had light silver fascias. Like you, I'm beginning to
warm to it over the production color. Will have to seriously consider
when the time comes to repaint.

What I miss in production is the loss of sharp prototype angles.

And the nutmeg colored interior.

BTW: you can get "stainless steel paint". Is metal powder suspended in
clear epoxy. I'd be worried about durability under fascia flex. What
we need is stainless steel latex.

Date: Thu, 02 Sep 2004 02:17:22 -0000
From: "Dani B" <5n-_at_dml_gmx.net>
Subject: Re: Funny Fascias

Heat causes it to warp. There is no reinforcment in the stock fascia
to keep it from warping. Dani B. 5003

--- In dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com, Todd Nelson <tan5732_at_dml_r...> wrote:
> Does anyone know why you see many Deloreans that have bent up
fascias right above the headlights?