From: <dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com>
To: <dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com>
Subject: [DML] Digest Number 2222
Date: Sunday, September 12, 2004 3:44 AM

1. Re: Re: Cargo Net Elastic
From: "Jace & Jenn" <judtnet_at_dml_cableone.net>

2. Re: Headlight Switch Reproductions
From: Steve Deichman <swdeichman_at_dml_yahoo.com>

Message: 1
Date: Sat, 11 Sep 2004 20:53:00 -0500
From: "Jace & Jenn" <judtnet_at_dml_cableone.net>
Subject: Re: Re: Cargo Net Elastic

Has anyone ever ordered from this place?  What size did you use?  Were you
happy with what you got?

Jace
VIN 3488

Date: Sat, 11 Sep 2004 19:05:30 -0700 (PDT)
From: Steve Deichman <swdeichman_at_dml_yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: Headlight Switch Reproductions

Great news, as my headlight switch burned up on the way home from my class reunion 5 years ago next weekend and I have had to live with a temporary solution since!!

advise how to order - thanks
Steve

Rod Dillman <rhdillman_at_dml_yahoo.com> wrote:

After reading James' recent posting about DMC, Humble's plan to offer owners a chance to pre-order headlight switches as well as a follow up posting, I talked with Stephen Wynne at DMC. I have owned two Deloreans over the past five years and have never needed a headlight switch for either. My first DeLorean had around 80,000 miles showing on the broken speedometer when I traded it for a refurbished DeLorean from DMC then located in Houston. While my refurbished car has been trouble free for the 3 years I have owned it, I still carry a spare fuel pump with me on trips as well as spare belts, spare fuses, replacement lamps for the xenon boosted headlights that I upgraded to and small tools and screwdrivers. I probably should also carry a spare water pump and if it were as compact as the fuel pump I would have already bought it. I pre-ordered two Headlight Switches today in hopes that the 250 goal will be achieved soon and DMC can place the order with the manufacturer. To me $80 is
insignificant should you have a headlight switch failure on a dark night away from home and, for me ,probably on a weekend. If I never need either headlight switch, just the peace of mind of having one on a trip is worth the price. Recently there was a headlight switch and a hazard switch on ebay for a Buy It Now price of $125. I was tempted but I would rather have a new reproduction switch for $40 than a 20 plus year old NOS switch even if the price were the same. I encourage any others who may feel the same as I, to place orders soon so that production can begin and the new switches delivered. Just for the record, I have no connection whatsoever with DMC, Humble other than being a satisfied customer.