From: <dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com>
To: <dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com>
Subject: [DML] Digest Number 2233
Date: Friday, September 17, 2004 5:40 PM

1. Re: 4 speed automatic DeLorean
From: Louie G <louie_at_dml_delorean.com>

2. RE: Alternate Car Seats ???
From: "Wizard" <wizard_at_dml_tdgllc.com>

3. Re: Headlight alignment
From: "Stephen Card" <stephen_at_dml_procomroofing.com>

4. Re: Headlight alignment
From: "David Teitelbaum" <jtrealty_at_dml_webspan.net>

5. Re: DMC in a US museum
From: "d_rex_2002" <rich_at_dml_outernet-tech.net>

6. 5th Annual DeLorean Fall Foliage Tour Oct 16th & 17th
From: "turbodmc3113" <turbodmc_at_dml_hotmail.com>

7. Glue/cement for window trim
From: "Owen _at_dml_ Aerodrome" <owen_at_dml_aerodrome.us>

8. Michael Luckeys Car
From: "Dave Sontos" <dsontos_at_dml_verizon.net>

9. starter aftermarket replacement
From: "Matt Spittle" <supermatty_at_dml_psu.edu>

10. For sale owners, "Beware"
From: "fembden" <fembden_at_dml_tco.com>

11. RE: starter aftermarket replacement
From: "John Hervey" <john_at_dml_specialtauto.com>

12. Re: Alternate Car Seats ???
From: "d_rex_2002" <rich_at_dml_outernet-tech.net>

13. RE: Alternate Car Seats ???
From: "Video Bob" <videobob_at_dml_hotmail.com>

14. Re: Re:4 SPEED AUTOMATIC - 25th Anniversary Delorean???
From: "Video Bob" <videobob_at_dml_hotmail.com>

15. RE: For sale owners, "Beware"
From: "Video Bob" <videobob_at_dml_hotmail.com>

16. Start, Die, No Start
From: "ctdmc83" <nmastrocinque_at_dml_sikorsky.com>

17. Re: starter aftermarket replacement
From: "content22207" <brobertson_at_dml_carolina.net>

18. Re: Michael Luckeys Car
From: "cruznmd" <racuti1_at_dml_delorean.com>

19. Re:4 SPEED AUTOMATIC - 25th Anniversary Delorean???
From: "Joe OBrien" <joeyoseppijoe_at_dml_yahoo.com>

20. Re: Headlight alignment
From: "content22207" <brobertson_at_dml_carolina.net>

21. Re: Glue/cement for window trim
From: "Matt Spittle" <supermatty_at_dml_psu.edu>

22. Re: Gullwing Magazine!
From: "gullwingmagazine" <gullwingmagazine_at_dml_juno.com>

23. RE: Re: starter aftermarket replacement
From: "Nick Kemp" <nkemp_at_dml_bwig.net>

24. Re: Michael Luckeys Car
From: "Matt Spittle" <supermatty_at_dml_psu.edu>

25. My D has FINALLY paid off... ;-)
From: "Dan RC30" <danrc30_at_dml_hotmail.com>

Message: 1
Date: Fri, 17 Sep 2004 09:49:39 -0700 (PDT)
From: Louie G <louie_at_dml_delorean.com>
Subject: Re: 4 speed automatic DeLorean

OK, there's a lot I've missed out on apparently. So this is a Porsche unit? Why does having a computer controller make this suddenly compatible with the DeLorean when the hydraulic version wasn't? What are the benefits of doing this conversion? What kind of HP and torque can this tranny handle? I know Jim Strickland chose a particular Porsche tranny for his rotary conversion because it DIDN'T have the complexity of a computer... what are the benefits of having one?

I'd like to do a tranny and engine swap on my car in a few years, so the more you can tell us about this the better :-). Isn't there a company now that has tranny adaptors for porsche transmissions to couple with small block chevy engines? This seems like the way to go right now with updating the cars. Not quite plug and play, but as close as you can get to it.

Louie Golden
VIN 5252 Charlotte, NC

--- In dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com, Bob Brandys <BobB_at_dml_s...> wrote:
GOOD NEW DELOREAN FANS, TCI IS NOW SELLING A PLUG IN CONTROLLER
FOR THE ZF 4HP22 E  TRANSMISSION.    THIS NOW ALLOWS BOTH THE 4 HP 22
HL AND THE 4 HP 22E TRANSMISSIONS TO BE USED IN THE D. THE COMPUTER IS $1200.  SO THE ELECTRONIC TRANSMISSION CONVERSION WILL COST AT LEAST $1200 MORE THAN THE HYDRALLIC. JUST NEED TO GET THOSE CUSTOM BELLHOUSINGS MADE.

Date: Fri, 17 Sep 2004 12:41:16 -0400
From: "Wizard" <wizard_at_dml_tdgllc.com>
Subject: RE: Alternate Car Seats ???

I saw a DeLorean with Porsche seats in it.  Never got a chance to
examine the setup or talk to the guy but they seem to be the same size.
I want to swap mine out as well.

Jason

Date: Fri, 17 Sep 2004 19:12:17 -0000
From: "Stephen Card" <stephen_at_dml_procomroofing.com>
Subject: Re: Headlight alignment

I realize that the DMC-12's headlights are outdated and don't
provide the same illumination...... >
> Rich A.

Rich,
Check out post #35452 from about a year ago regarding the silverstar
upgrade.
Stephen

Date: Fri, 17 Sep 2004 17:13:26 -0000
From: "David Teitelbaum" <jtrealty_at_dml_webspan.net>

It is relatively easy to adjust the headlights. This is best done at
night against a wall. Take a car that has well-adjusted headlights and
park it about 20 feet from the wall. Turn the lights on and put a
piece of masking tale at the center of the beams on the wall. Now park
the Delorean in the same spot and adjust the headlights to the same
spots. This will get you close. When you drive the car you willl then
see what minor adjustments you will need to get it right on. Always
look for the bright spot in the center and put that where you want it,
the rest of the beam will be OK. Even when you take it to a shop, my
experience has been that you will still need to tweak the adjustments
a little to get it right.

Date: Fri, 17 Sep 2004 19:28:57 -0000
From: "d_rex_2002" <rich_at_dml_outernet-tech.net>
Subject: Re: DMC in a US museum

Speaking of Deloreans in museums, the Delorean 4x4, D Rex will be
making an extended appearance at the Volo Auto Museum in Volo, IL
as part of a Monster Vehicles for Halloween display that should
open to the public by October 16, 2004.  The GT40 Rock Crawler
that was built on Monster Garage, Monster Nation 1 will also be
on display, hopefully in a side by side display with the D Rex.

With less than a month from the opening, you should start seeing
publicity for this display throughout the Midwest and especially
in the Chicago Metro area.  The Volo Auto Museum will be running
ads in many papers and running commercials on WGN TV / Cable, as
well as on other cable stations such as Speedvision and Spike TV.
One or both vehicles may stay at the museum through this winter.

The Volo Auto Museum is famous in the Midwest and nation-wide.
Jay Leno keeps tabs on the museum's inventory, since most of the
vehicles on display are for sale and he makes regular trips to
the museum to view their rare vehicles on display.

So, if you happen to be in the Midwest in a few weeks, have some
free time to burn and want to see some really cool cars, make a
stop by Volo.  As of the beginning of September, they even had a
very nice, low mileage, early 81 Delorean there for sale.

--- In dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com, "Christopher Hawes" <chris_at_dml_h...>

Date: Fri, 17 Sep 2004 17:19:42 -0000
From: "turbodmc3113" <turbodmc_at_dml_hotmail.com>
Subject: 5th Annual DeLorean Fall Foliage Tour Oct 16th & 17th

It's that time again!

This is the one you have been waiting for!
This promises to be the biggest and best Fall Tour Ever!!!!!

We have great things planed including a Road Rally, Rob Grady will be
there and we have a lot of fun things to do and see the entire
weekend!
If you have been to the Fall Tour or ever thought about going this is
the one you don't want to miss!

To get a copy of the registration form please go to the DeLorean Mid
Atlantic web page.The direct link to the form is
http://www.deloreanmidatlantic.com/events/Falltour5/regform.pdf
See details about the tour on the club web page at
http://www.deloreanmidatlantic.com/events/falltour5.htm
This event is open everyone but club members do get a discount so
there is no better time to join the club! If you would like to join
the DeLorean Mid Atlantic Club register (it's only $15 to join
less then a tank of gas) go to membership_at_dml_deloreanmidatlantic.com

I have put additional images of this year's tour at
http://www.falltour.itgo.com/photo.html please take a look.

If you think you may be interested or plan to attend I have a
separate personal  e-mail set up at  falltour5_at_dml_hotmail.com
I do need to hear from you so I can get an idea of how many people
will be attending.

Regards,

Michael DeLuca
President
DeLorean Mid Atlantic Club

Date: Fri, 17 Sep 2004 08:54:29 -0700
From: "Owen _at_dml_ Aerodrome" <owen_at_dml_aerodrome.us>
Subject: Glue/cement for window trim

Hi there.

I have a few minor interior details that need to be taken care of on my DMC, and one of them is the inner fuzzy strip seals on both power windows.  The glue has just given up after 20+ years.

My first instincts are to replace the strips (they're in fine shape) using contact cement.  Is there something better?

Thanks in advance!

-Owen

Silicon Valley, CA
VIN 10470 "1 21 GW"

Date: Fri, 17 Sep 2004 12:15:08 -0400
From: "Dave Sontos" <dsontos_at_dml_verizon.net>
Subject: Michael Luckeys Car

Anybody have any word on the fate of Mike Luckeys rusted out frame
replacement party?

Date: Fri, 17 Sep 2004 18:21:57 -0000
From: "Matt Spittle" <supermatty_at_dml_psu.edu>
Subject: starter aftermarket replacement

Does anyone know if the starter from the Volvo 262 (B28F) will fit the
DeLorean properly?  The local foreign auto parts store says they can
get  a rebuilt one with warranty for $85.

Date: Fri, 17 Sep 2004 16:36:46 -0000
From: "fembden" <fembden_at_dml_tco.com>
Subject: For sale owners, "Beware"

I have my car listed on the DMC for sale, and have been courted by a
buyer, who sent me a cashers check for $19,485.00 for which I was to
pay his shipper $6,900.00.  When I verified his cashers check which
was drawn on the Rocky Mountain Credit Union, they informed me it was
a forgery.

They were just looking for your good money, which would have been the
shipping costs.

In future please use wire transfers (if possible) or wait until all
Bank Checks, Cashers Check, Money Orders are cleared before releasing
your car.

Fred.

Date: Fri, 17 Sep 2004 15:00:28 -0500
From: "John Hervey" <john_at_dml_specialtauto.com>
Subject: RE: starter aftermarket replacement

Matt, Everyone tries to sub it but there is no sub.

Date: Fri, 17 Sep 2004 20:18:11 -0000
From: "d_rex_2002" <rich_at_dml_outernet-tech.net>

Nick,

What type of wish list do you have for replacement seats?

- More sporty, with side bolsters, etc.?
- Softer or more comfortable for long trips?
- Leather?  Cloth?  Combinations of both?
- Power seats, with or without heating/cooling?

There are plenty of aftermarket seats that are available,
especially if you want to go with a sporty or race look.

Check out the Sparco Racing seat used in the GT40 Rock Crawler
that we test fitted in a Delorean last July.  Photo in DMC at:

http://www.dmcnews.com/events/monstergt40_03/monsterfinal.html

Photo of the Sparco Racing seat in a Delorean is about half way
down the page on the GT40 Rock Crawler build summary on DMC News.

Date: Fri, 17 Sep 2004 15:02:11 -0500
From: "Video Bob" <videobob_at_dml_hotmail.com>

The seats simply mount through 4 holes that go through the fiberglass
bottom.
You could take any set of seats with the tracks and the bolts and drill new
holes if you
needed to, simply fill in the old holes and use some large washers on the
new ones.
You could stuff any seats you wanted to in there.

If you lift the car up and remove the bolts, you will be surprised at how
easy they are to remove.
The only trick you need to know is to fold the seat forward and slide it up
all the way so that
you can get to the bold that holds in the seat belt buckle as it blocks the
pathway out.
However I have gotten the seat in and out without haveing to take it off but
it is more
difficult.

This also a good time to collect any spare change and french fries from
underneath! :P

- Videobob
VIN#5278

Date: Fri, 17 Sep 2004 15:11:17 -0500
From: "Video Bob" <videobob_at_dml_hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: Re:4 SPEED AUTOMATIC - 25th Anniversary Delorean???

I am in love with the new interior.
The car they had on display had a stainless frame and the front trunk was
cut out to
show it off, there is talk of making a new "bucket" to fit in there with
much more room.

In my interview with Stephen Wynne (seen in the PF video) he says that the
new
interior package would sell for about $10,000 if they installed it, and that
it may be to
involved for the regular guy to do.
They reposition the vents and add in lots of new electronics, and for an
extra
$15,000 you get the GPS, DVD, Cell Phone, surround sound etc... package.
I have a lot of footage of this stuff on the video.

If you consider what they charge for one of their refurbished cars, the
engine upgrade,
the stainless frame and the interior... the 25th anniversary would cost
something like
$60,000 give or take.

I hope they are going to make it less than that!

- Videobob
VIN#5278

Date: Fri, 17 Sep 2004 15:18:02 -0500
From: "Video Bob" <videobob_at_dml_hotmail.com>
Subject: RE: For sale owners, "Beware"

What was this guys name?
We should note it in case he tries it to someone else!

What did you do about it?
Did you call the police?

- VB

Date: Fri, 17 Sep 2004 20:12:53 -0000
From: "ctdmc83" <nmastrocinque_at_dml_sikorsky.com>
Subject: Start, Die, No Start

Dear List,

I recently drove my 83 D from Illinois to Connecticut, and
experienced absolutely no problems with cold starts, hot starts, or
running.  BUT!  This morning, I turned the key with the throttle at
one quarter as usual (standard procedure per manual) and immediately
started.  I waited about 10 seconds for the idle to smooth out
(steady 950 rpm) and then I got out of the car to lock my home.
About 30-60 seconds later, my son heard the D start to stumble, then
die.  I attempted to restart about five times (cranking no more than
six seconds each time per the manual) and all I got was cranking,
with a very occasional firing, but no where near enough to run.

Can someone venture a guess as to what went wrong?  I'm thinking that
I should have stayed in the car at least a minute or two and gently
raised and lowered the rpm (which is what I usually do).  By getting
out of the car about 10 seconds after it started, could it have been
idling in an overly rich condition, and then simply flooded?  I'm
going to give the battery a "top up" charge (but it was cranking
quite vigorously to begin with) and try again tomorrow morning.
Hopefully, if it was flooding, everything should have evaporated by
then.  But I'd really appreciate some ideas as to what happened this
morning.

Thank you in advance, everyone.....

NM

Date: Fri, 17 Sep 2004 20:34:27 -0000
From: "content22207" <brobertson_at_dml_carolina.net>

Starters are really transmission dependent (bellhousing), not engine
dependent.

You may find the bullnose is different. My replacement PRV (actually a
Peugot block) came with a starter that is dimensionally 100% identical
to a DeLo unit except for the bullnose. Very close, but does not fit
either the cutout in the flywheel protector plate or the third
mounting bolt hole.

Our transmissions were used in Renault applications (front wheel drive
R30 for sure) -- you might have better success trying a starter motor
for one of those. Make sure the bendix has the same number of teeth.

I believe Chrysler LH transmissions are radically different, even
though they're bolted up to PRV's with the same basic final drive
concept (longitudinal orientation with the drive axles sandwiched
between the engine and transmission).

Date: Fri, 17 Sep 2004 20:48:04 -0000
From: "cruznmd" <racuti1_at_dml_delorean.com>
Subject: Re: Michael Luckeys Car

--- In dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com, "Dave Sontos" <dsontos_at_dml_v...> wrote:
> Anybody have any word on the fate of Mike Luckeys rusted out frame
> replacement party?

Whoa.....boy do I!

His new name is "Luckey Mike". This crazy guy drove from Newport
News, VA to Cinci, Ohio. I was with Brian Pollard and Greg, view Ken
Koncelik's stash of lovely cars. We received a call saying the guy
had arrived, but "broken down" one block from Josh Haldeman's house.

A few minutes later, we recieved another phone call stating that
the "wheel has fallen off" and to hurry up! After latching up Ken's
trailer we buzzed back to Josh's house to find this poor guy's car
doing the "hover conversion" imitation.  Greg has photos. Hopefully
he'll post them. We -carefully- manuvered the car onto the trailer
and somehow managed to back it up Josh's near-vertical driveway.

Next day, Josh and Mike took time carefully separating the body from
the frame. When they were ready, the rest of us joined in to lift the
body completely off and yank the frame/tranny/engine out.

It was incredible. The frame practically crumbled before our very
eyes. The thing is, Mike got his "replacement" frame for a song, and
it's in great shape. The rest of the car looked great from what I
could see. The body was straight, new seat covers, no cracks in the
instrument binnacle/dash, heck even the clock and radio display
worked! The engine needed a cleaning but it's totally worth a frame
swap.

One more snag popped up though. I heard that after I left, one of the
engine motor mount castings had broken off so the lower block would
need to be replaced. Even so, Mike'll have a great car once it's all
done.

The whole weekend was very educational. We replaced a windshield as
well. Josh and Ken were very gracious to open their homes, garages
and toolboxes to us. Josh housed and fed those who needed it. The
weather was perfect.

Cheers,

Rich A.

Date: Fri, 17 Sep 2004 21:20:15 -0000
From: "Joe OBrien" <joeyoseppijoe_at_dml_yahoo.com>

I was there, I just didn't know that car was dubbed the 25th
anniversary special. I just thought it was a prototype tp try out
some of their isead on & get the public's reaction to what they
would want in a custom interior, and frame & engine updates. Nice
car as it were, but I still prefer the original. Wish they would
reproduce the old parts that are unavailable, like center consoles,
the armrest pad, and other little things instead of the $100 grand
or so in the prototype. The EFI engine is a nice idea if it will be
dead on reliable. But I just never knew this was supposed to be a
25th anniversary model.

Joe OBrien

2524 & 16634

Date: Fri, 17 Sep 2004 21:10:18 -0000
From: "content22207" <brobertson_at_dml_carolina.net>

I use David's approach for totally replaced buckets, but position the
vehicle only a couple of feet from the wall. Impossible to miss bright
spots that way. Adjust the sealed assemblies so that bright spots are
in line with the vehicle and on the same plane as the front of the
car. This will be good enough to at least drive.

My final adjustments are made in an unlit parking lot. Two adjustments:
- Centered. Stand behind the vehicle and squint. You'll only be able
to see the brightest part of the beams, projecting far ahead. Adjust
sealed assemblies so that these beams are parallel and in line.
- Height. Adjust assemblies so that the light "splashes" against the
pavement a suitable distance in front of the car (10 feet? Never
measured). You'll know it when you see it.
Of course you want both sides of the vehicle balanced.

I use this method for my whole fleet, which share 100% identical
sealed beam assemblies to the DeLorean (although some are round
shaped, and the truck has combined high/low elements).

Every turn of the decade domestic used sealed beam headlights.
Properly adjusted, they provide excellent illumination. Late model
plastic housings need to be adjusted too, BTW.

Date: Fri, 17 Sep 2004 21:41:24 -0000
From: "Matt Spittle" <supermatty_at_dml_psu.edu>
Subject: Re: Glue/cement for window trim

If you take a look at the tech section of www.dmcnews.com, someone
listed that you can use window trim from a Ford Probe and it will look
much better.

Date: Fri, 17 Sep 2004 21:50:21 -0000
From: "gullwingmagazine" <gullwingmagazine_at_dml_juno.com>
Subject: Re: Gullwing Magazine!

--- In dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com, "Robert Moseley" <videobob_at_dml_h...>
wrote:
> I almost wet myself when I checked the mail and found a new issue of
> GULLWING Magazine waiting for me!

RE:  GULLWING Magazine...

It's here!  The summer issue is available now!

Yes, it is quite a challenge to put together each GULLWING Magazine
issue, and it's very time consuming - but we know you'll appreciate
it when you see the quality of our efforts.  The greatest challenge
of this issue was trying to keep the size to fit our normal number of
pages.  It was impossible, as the coverage of the biggest DeLorean
car show ever takes 14 pages by itself just to try to thoroughly
cover the highlights that are deserving of this recognition.  (That's
five pages of Pigeon Forge and five pages of after Pigeon Forge with
the DeLorean Touring Society by Andrew Prentis and Cheryl Wester, one
page of the Promoter's overview by Ken Koncelik, and three pages of
the towing adventure of a lifetime by Rich Weissensel.)  The overall
result is an 8-17% larger issue than usual.

To share a little more of the awesome after Pigeon Forge experience
with the DTS which took us on travels to many visitor spots like:
	*Through the Great Smoky Mountains National Park in TN to NC.
	*Wheels Through Time--The Museum That Runs in Maggie Valley,
NC.
	*Cold Mountain
	*America's largest home--The Biltmore Estate in Asheville, NC
including the winery and Deerpark Restaurant (see unique photos of
the Ds IN FRONT of the Mansion... yes, they let us drive right up to
the front for our photo shoot!)
	*BMW factory and Zentrum Museum in Spartanburg, SC.
	*A drive through Clemson University in Clemson, SC (where
Gary Swingle goes to college) and to visit the warehouse where Gary
and friends are building a Clemson University race car.
	*A cookout at Elaine Swingle's home near Clemson, SC (Dave's
mom.)
	*Driving tour through part of GA, Chattanooga, Nashville, and
Clarksville, TN, through part of KY, IL, and MO!

•Our feature/cover car is Jeff Angwin's beautiful DeLorean with the
maroon color powder-coated frame and various upgrades and
improvements.  Jeff's "D story" is a very detailed article of
his "Dolores" ownership which includes bringing it/her up to his
dream-standard with "spa" visits to the incredible Garden Grove shop
of DeLorean Motor Center in CA.

•The California Autofest which was cosponsored by DeLorean Motor
Company at the end of August was quite an experience and the photos
capture all of the excitement.  Thanks to Stephen Wynne for promoting
this event and providing the DeLoreans and D owners our secured spot
at the speedway.  Bravo!

•See how to build a front aerodynamic air splitter; learn what it is,
why to use it, and more about The Bernoulli Effect.

•Read an entertaining story of quirky coincidences that happened to
Darryl Tinnerstet (formerly Specialty Automotive) entitled "The Trip".

•We have the Part One story of "Crash & Burn" by Rich Weissensel and
Dave Swingle where two Ds come together as one due to the recent
exposure of the DeLorean car and DeLorean community on the Monster
Garage episodes.

•Fixing that front end crunch: amazing fiberglass work and welding
from expert specialists by the always entertaining and humorous
Robert Moseley.

•See the exciting new products from DeLorean Parts Northwest, goodies
from DMCH, SpecialTAuto, Pearce Design Components, as well as ads
from the usual major vendors and suppliers.

•We have "what's new" products with BTTF.com's radical new-look style
to coordinate with the site update scheduled to launch this fall to
promote the upcoming 20th Anniversary of the "BTTF" series.

•Also, new stuff from DFWDMC.com (Dallas Fort Worth DeLorean Motor
Club).

•Check out the latest Classifieds, Club info, etc.

•All of this, and more, packed into one issue with very little "blank
canvas" space!

If you are a current subscriber--watch your mailbox, they will all be
shipped shortly.  We appreciate your support.

If you forgot to renew your subscription--you don't want to miss this
issue!  Renew today to keep this exciting publication coming your way
without interruption for another exciting year!

receiving more of what you want... more of what you are looking for,
from all of the best sources in each high-quality full color issue!

Sincerely,

Ron and Cheryl Wester
GULLWING Magazine

Date: Fri, 17 Sep 2004 16:52:16 -0500
From: "Nick Kemp" <nkemp_at_dml_bwig.net>
Subject: RE: Re: starter aftermarket replacement

As I recall, the electrical connection on the solenoid is also different.

Date: Fri, 17 Sep 2004 21:52:48 -0000
From: "Matt Spittle" <supermatty_at_dml_psu.edu>

Interesting note about the engine mount casting breaking off.  If any
of you were at Pigeon Forge in the vendors section, you may have seen
my lower crankcase there with the broken motor mount casting as well.
 I wouldn't be surprised if there are a lot of cars with this
condition.  Mine looked fine until I went to remove the long stud.  It
seems to me the stud rusts, expands, and cracks the aluminum casting.

I replaced my studs with new black-oxide coated bolts and put enough
antiseize on them to  last a lifetime (I hope).

Date: Fri, 17 Sep 2004 18:04:11 -0400
From: "Dan RC30" <danrc30_at_dml_hotmail.com>
Subject: My D has FINALLY paid off... ;-)

Ok, last night I took the D through the drive thru window for some fine
Mexican food; i.e. Taco bell. The drive thru guy was an older man who was
shocked to see such a car. He reacted wildly when I opened to door to pay.
He even called another person to come look at it. He said, "wow, what a
car." So I replied (laughing), "Thanks. Do I get a free taco with my order
now since I brought the car?" He laughed too, but guess what, I had one
extra hard shell taco supreme in my bag when I got my order. I thanked him,
gave him the thumbs up, and took off... :-)

---Evil Dan