From: <dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com>
To: <dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com>
Subject: [DML] Digest Number 2234
Date: Saturday, September 18, 2004 4:05 AM

1. Re: Re: Michael Luckeys Car
From: Josh Haldeman <jhaldeman_at_dml_fuse.net>

2. Re: Alternate Car Seats ???
From: "content22207" <brobertson_at_dml_carolina.net>

3. Re: Re: Can you clean paint off of the rub strips??
From: Josh Haldeman <jhaldeman_at_dml_fuse.net>

4. RE: Start, Die, No Start
From: "John Hervey" <john_at_dml_specialtauto.com>

5. Re: Cracked Engine Bosses
From: "content22207" <brobertson_at_dml_carolina.net>

Message: 1
Date: Fri, 17 Sep 2004 18:33:31 -0400
From: Josh Haldeman <jhaldeman_at_dml_fuse.net>
Subject: Re: Re: Michael Luckeys Car

Update to that:

New lower crankcase, new radiator and new fuel accumulator arrived
today.  The frame has almost everything back on it except the suspension
and engine/transmission.  (we're waiting for new shocks) and of course I
have to install the new lower crankcase.

Mike is flying back to Cincinnati September 29th, (a Wednesday) and
we're gonna work on finishing things up..my goal is to be done by or
before Saturday morning, when I'd like to go up and attend Shannon
Yocom's tech session.  I know Mike has to get back for work too.

This is going to be a really nice DeLorean when it's finished!  Pics and
an article on the full project will be in the next issue of DCS magazine
coming out next month.  Stay tuned!

-Josh

Date: Fri, 17 Sep 2004 22:38:22 -0000
From: "content22207" <brobertson_at_dml_carolina.net>
Subject: Re: Alternate Car Seats ???

Large washers will work if your original inserts are too badly rusted.
Otherwise I'd pop them out and move them to the new holes. They are
shouldered, protruding up into the holes. Will minimize wallowing out.

Date: Fri, 17 Sep 2004 18:22:04 -0400
From: Josh Haldeman <jhaldeman_at_dml_fuse.net>
Subject: Re: Re: Can you clean paint off of the rub strips??

Nice try...but I didn't slide sideways into the hotel room!  My
rubstrips, and everything else on the car are in great condition except
for a small tear in the front fascia and a few small dings in the RH
front fender where the glass fell on it.

Anybody else feel the need to kick me while I'm down?  Get it out now.

-Josh

Date: Fri, 17 Sep 2004 17:27:14 -0500
From: "John Hervey" <john_at_dml_specialtauto.com>
Subject: RE: Start, Die, No Start

NM, I think it loaded up with fuel and died. Then I would have unplug the
cold start valve to try to restart it because it would shoot more fuel ea
time you tried to start it again. You also may have to remove the plugs as
they could be gas fooled now.

Date: Fri, 17 Sep 2004 22:31:57 -0000
From: "content22207" <brobertson_at_dml_carolina.net>
Subject: Re: Cracked Engine Bosses

Volvo doesn't use those cast bosses -- motor mounts bolt to the lower
casing traditionally.

http://i12.ebayimg.com/03/i/02/78/28/ce_1.JPG