From: <dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com>
To: <dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com>
Subject: [DML] Digest Number 2241
Date: Wednesday, September 22, 2004 5:04 AM

1. Powder Coating Kits
From: "usndmc" <usndmc_at_dml_yahoo.com>

2. aut. trans problems solved
From: "gert christensen" <ingegert_at_dml_mail.tele.dk>

3. Re: Burned engine oil
From: "Harold McElraft" <hmcelraft_at_dml_aol.com>

4. Re: Yet Another Oil Thread
From: "Dave Swingle" <swingle_at_dml_dmcnews.com>

5. RE: Re: Radiator mounting differences in 83 models?
From: "Scott McMullan" <mcmullas_at_dml_bellatlantic.net>

6. Re: Radiator mounting differences in 83 models?
From: "Joe OBrien" <joeyoseppijoe_at_dml_yahoo.com>

Message: 1
Date: Tue, 21 Sep 2004 21:38:08 -0000
From: "usndmc" <usndmc_at_dml_yahoo.com>
Subject: Powder Coating Kits

Okay all of you out there who powdercoat your own parts, what kind
of kit do you have/would you recommend to others? I'd like to look
into getting one so I can do it myself at home. Any info is greatly
appreciated. Thanks all!

Date: Tue, 21 Sep 2004 22:33:30 +0200
From: "gert christensen" <ingegert_at_dml_mail.tele.dk>
Subject: aut. trans problems solved

Hey  DeLorean's

Thanks, to Harold, David, Me, Dave and Marc for trying to help me out.
David T. wrote: Recheck the adjustment on the gear selector. When Your selector
is in DRIVE, the trans is in NEUTRAL
  bingo        Bulls eye
That's the answer....Thank You, David
Later I found out, reverse-lamp was on, in neutral

See you all in heaven ( on four wheels)

Gert Christensen            win 02884
Skagen, Denmark

Date: Wed, 22 Sep 2004 01:04:54 -0000
From: "Harold McElraft" <hmcelraft_at_dml_aol.com>
Subject: Re: Burned engine oil

Interesting information - I have not run across this bulletin
before. I have read where the B28 resolved many of the B27 issues
including oil flow to the cams. Interesting that Volvo did this.
What about the other users? Did they embrace the Volvo
recommendation? It seems that Volvo decided to move down the shear
scale to solve a flow issue that could bring up another issue. I
have also seen that US manufacturers have gone to lower oil
viscosities (Ford for example) to obtain gas mileage. The bulletins
are so low-key that you can assume that the bulletin was for
regulations and not for the general population. Well, one thing for
sure, it is this type of "I didn't know that" information that keeps
everyone uncomfortable about just exactly what is correct. Before
long we may have so much information and read so many fact based
opinions that we will be completely unable to decide what to use.

> Actually Volvo disagrees with you. In late 1984 they issued a
service
> bulletin for all B28F, changing earlier 10W40 oil spec to 10W30.
This

Date: Wed, 22 Sep 2004 01:27:56 -0000
From: "Dave Swingle" <swingle_at_dml_dmcnews.com>
Subject: Re: Yet Another Oil Thread

You're supposed to put it in the car, not drink it.

(Sorry - couldn't resist)

dave

Date: Tue, 21 Sep 2004 21:52:56 -0400
From: "Scott McMullan" <mcmullas_at_dml_bellatlantic.net>
Subject: RE: Re: Radiator mounting differences in 83 models?

> I was wondering, with your 'new' grille, has your car been modified
> for any reason in the past.... ie new brackets installed at the
> front end for any reason?

Possible, but I really have no idea; I haven't spent any time under anyone
else's car to know what it SHOULD look like.

> So what exactly is the problem the shop is having?  Not able to mount
> properly, as in too small/too big/upside-down?

I've already told all I know.

John Hervey was kind enough to call the shop and speak directly with the
mechanic.  He's never seen a problem installing these radiators, and I'm
thinking there must be something custom about my car.

Maybe someone who knows what they're looking at will be interested in seeing
the results at the DMA Fall Tour.

Date: Wed, 22 Sep 2004 01:57:22 -0000
From: "Joe OBrien" <joeyoseppijoe_at_dml_yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: Radiator mounting differences in 83 models?

That grill looks like a previous owner homemeade grill. I may be
wrong, because there are many things that surprise me all the time,
but I'm willing to say that grill isn't factory at all. Looks like
some homemade job there. And if that is home made, and the PO had
the ability to make it, maybe he made some custom mounting brackets
as well? Have you compared your car directly to another one? Or do
you have any photos of the underneath where the radiator & the fans
are? I'm curious to see if anything else is custom made. Only reason
I say this is the mounts on my 81 vs my 83 are the same looking to
me. And sometime later on this year if I have the time I might
replace the radiators & the fans with the new style, because I feel
they will be much more functional than the old style fans.

Joe OBrien

2524 & 16634